Author Topic: jamie thomas, mean side?  (Read 100301 times)

plastic bench nerd

Re: jamie thomas, mean side?
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2007, 02:51:48 PM »
say what you want about jamie, eveyone has there own opnion.

but here is a fact:

jamie is the only guy in skateboarding industry that has honestly gone out of his way to help me out since i have been sponsorless. he sends me boards when i need them. jamie is just a straight forward guy, wich is better then dealing with someone who beats around the bush instead  of giving you an honest answer.

Maple Syrup

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -16
  • rhymenoceros
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2007, 03:14:59 PM »
i dont know where people get all this shit.  i havent seen or heard anything reliable about jamie thomas being a dick.

stagefright

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2007, 03:24:01 PM »
keegan has a fs lip/disaster on a qp to giant qp transfer thing a couple months ago. i remember reading ryan smith saying jaimie thomas drove them to that big rail that he crooked grinds and told him to do it. and im sure the riders can do what they want but they see that his ideas 'work' for what they are trying to acheive, so they stick with them. theres no way jaimie thomas is in charge of chris cole anymore, its the other way around if anything.
we toked a marley and i split back to the park, minding my own busineess when a rollerblader mean mugs..i let it go.

CigaretteBeer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2007, 03:42:15 PM »
I've met him a few times and he's always super unfriendly.
"You were such a shitty parent that your kid couldn't even make it to term A guy who killed his child before it could be born because he was so shitty didn't do anything wrong.You know how the rest of us became positive members of society BY NOT BEING PIECES OF SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE"-Ronald Reagon

jorelskate

• Rep: -9
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2007, 04:00:46 PM »
yeah, Thomas seems kind of gay, but look what happened to mystery.  As soon as they seperated they all seem lazy as shit regarding footage/photos.  Mystery vid soon? i doubt it

rootsnsoul

• Rep: -8
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2007, 04:12:48 PM »
Um, he is just a person. He is a regular asshole just like all of you are. Myself included.
I'd understand this being intresting if you guys knew him, but this is just gay city usa.
His Welcome to Hell part rules.

If you HONESTLY have a problem with how this guys does business, don't buy it. If you think this guy is bad though, then you don't know much of what you are talking about. He's runs his business like 80% of the industry does. Like a 30yr old kid asshole.
people get ready...

MURLIN

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2007, 04:16:31 PM »
Not one of the individuals on this messageboard know Jamie on any level.  It is all a huge game of "telephone", I heard this, so and so said that.  Get a life. 

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2007, 04:17:05 PM »
I think this might be a nice time to bring this post back...

i'm sorry

jamie thomas should have his own documentary on his life story

THE CHIEF: A Life Story (2007)

Genre: Documentary / Extreme / Drama / Holocaust (more)

Tagline: From visors to beards and benihanas to handrails, Jamie Thomas has influenced more kids to wear headbands and do 5-0 grinds than any other skateboarder. Compiling several interviews and bits of footage throughout the past 2 decades, this film will display all of Jamie Thomas' accomplishments.(more)

Plot Outline: A Documentary to accomodate of Jamie 'The Chief' Thomas' accomplishments, and his slow downfall into nazi tendencies. (view trailer)

User Comments: hey this is cool you get to see chief ollie the gonz without shoes(more)

Credited cast:
Jamie Thomas - Himself
Ed Templeton - Himself
Tom Penny - Himself
Tommy Sandoval - Himself
Matt Mumford - Himself
Adrian Lopez - Himself
Donny Barley - Himself
Jamie Thomas' Asian Wife - Herself
Erik Ellington - Himself
Lee Dupont - Himself
Adolf Hitler - Himself

Also Known As:
Chief Pro Skater Go Go Deux! (Japan) (working title)
MPAA: Rated PG-13 for some violent images, language and after black slo-mo.
Runtime: Argentina:100 min (Mar del Plata Film Festival) / Australia:100 min
Language: English
Color: Color
Sound Mix: Dolby Digital
Certification: Hong Kong:IIA / Singapore:PG / Sweden:11 / Ireland:12A / USA:PG-13 / UK:12A / Argentina:13 / Australia:M

Quotes:
Chris Cole: I still can't feel my legs after Jamie sent me my first box of product, from that first pair of Zero jeans. I look up to that man.
(more)

Awards: TWS Video of the Year

Bonus Features:
JT Barefoot Skating Sections
Board Gallery
Reason to Believe Part

Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

cliff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
    • Sml. Wheels avatar image
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2007, 04:19:37 PM »
Not one of the individuals on this messageboard know Jamie on any level.  It is all a huge game of "telephone", I heard this, so and so said that.  Get a life. 

I know him pretty well.

mikefork

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2007, 04:20:38 PM »
I think this might be a nice time to bring this post back...

Expand Quote

i'm sorry

jamie thomas should have his own documentary on his life story

THE CHIEF: A Life Story (2007)

Genre: Documentary / Extreme / Drama / Holocaust (more)

Tagline: From visors to beards and benihanas to handrails, Jamie Thomas has influenced more kids to wear headbands and do 5-0 grinds than any other skateboarder. Compiling several interviews and bits of footage throughout the past 2 decades, this film will display all of Jamie Thomas' accomplishments.(more)

Plot Outline: A Documentary to accomodate of Jamie 'The Chief' Thomas' accomplishments, and his slow downfall into nazi tendencies. (view trailer)

User Comments: hey this is cool you get to see chief ollie the gonz without shoes(more)

Credited cast:
Jamie Thomas - Himself
Ed Templeton - Himself
Tom Penny - Himself
Tommy Sandoval - Himself
Matt Mumford - Himself
Adrian Lopez - Himself
Donny Barley - Himself
Jamie Thomas' Asian Wife - Herself
Erik Ellington - Himself
Lee Dupont - Himself
Adolf Hitler - Himself

Also Known As:
Chief Pro Skater Go Go Deux! (Japan) (working title)
MPAA: Rated PG-13 for some violent images, language and after black slo-mo.
Runtime: Argentina:100 min (Mar del Plata Film Festival) / Australia:100 min
Language: English
Color: Color
Sound Mix: Dolby Digital
Certification: Hong Kong:IIA / Singapore:PG / Sweden:11 / Ireland:12A / USA:PG-13 / UK:12A / Argentina:13 / Australia:M

Quotes:
Chris Cole: I still can't feel my legs after Jamie sent me my first box of product, from that first pair of Zero jeans. I look up to that man.
(more)

Awards: TWS Video of the Year

Bonus Features:
JT Barefoot Skating Sections
Board Gallery
Reason to Believe Part

[close]
i'm not taking a side on this one because i don't care but it would be better if chief played all the characters himself instead of the actual person
Expand Quote
[close]

I know him pretty well.
cliff just 0wn3d murlin

MURLIN

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2007, 04:27:14 PM »
It is all baseless bullshit.  That is what 95% of this messageboard continually circulates.  Bullshit, gossip. 

rootsnsoul

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2007, 04:27:48 PM »
It is all baseless bullshit.  That is what 95% of this messageboard continually circulates.  Bullshit, gossip. 
there it is
people get ready...

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2007, 04:32:44 PM »

say what you want about jamie, eveyone has there own opnion.

but here is a fact:

jamie is the only guy in skateboarding industry that has honestly gone out of his way to help me out since i have been sponsorless. he sends me boards when i need them. jamie is just a straight forward guy, wich is better then dealing with someone who beats around the bush instead  of giving you an honest answer.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2007, 04:34:05 PM »
It's true. It's no different than Antihero trying to corner the flannel shirt/Half-Cabs/Burnside market.

Every company has it's image, even if they try to be subtle about it. It's there.

No Anti Hero is a bunch of friends, and no one changed to ride for Anti Hero. You should be ashamed of yourself for saying something so stupid.

rootsnsoul

« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2007, 04:35:47 PM »
Expand Quote
It's true. It's no different than Antihero trying to corner the flannel shirt/Half-Cabs/Burnside market.

Every company has it's image, even if they try to be subtle about it. It's there.
[close]

No Anti Hero is a bunch of friends, and no one changed to ride for Anti Hero. You should be ashamed of yourself for saying something so stupid.

Not to go at you vegan, but i know Julien. They have a market and they know it.
people get ready...

fuckingvegan

« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2007, 04:36:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I know him pretty well.

I was room mates with a former team rider.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2007, 04:37:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Not to go at you vegan, but i know Julien. They have a market and they know it.

I am not saying that Julien doesn't have a market but he is not forcing anyone to change who they are to ride for Anti Hero, they are who they are no bullshit. Every skate company has an image and that is fine, my problem is forcing people to be something they are not, that reeks of control freak and disgusts me.

rootsnsoul

« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2007, 04:40:21 PM »
True, but like what you said. Some people like getting bossed around. With skateboading growing, making more money,and becoming more americana, we are only waiting for more football players in skateboarding. Sucks.
people get ready...

The Laps of Alps.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 7
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2007, 04:44:36 PM »
all the non-name name dropping in here is making me nautious

jrock

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2007, 04:45:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Andrew Allen?  I remember him switch heelflip front boarding rails, now he's doing a bunch of wallies and wearing flannels...also, I remember when Tony Miorana was an arty vegetarian who listened to Joy Division (although he did change a while before he got on Anti-Hero).

fuckingvegan

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2007, 04:47:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Andrew Allen?  I remember him switch heelflip front boarding rails, now he's doing a bunch of wallies and wearing flannels...also, I remember when Tony Miorana was an arty vegetarian who listened to Joy Division (although he did change a while before he got on Anti-Hero).

Did Julian Stranger force these people to change? That is what I am saying no he didn't, he didn't send Andrew Alllen a package of cloths and tell him how to wear them.

jrock

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2007, 04:51:22 PM »
i think people assimilate to be on certain teams.  I serously doubt Julien Stranger tells anyone how to dress, i just see a lot of people jock thier style and attitude to try to be down. 

fuckingvegan

« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2007, 04:52:46 PM »
i think people assimilate to be on certain teams.  I serously doubt Julien Stranger tells anyone how to dress, i just see a lot of people jock thier style and attitude to try to be down. 

Of course but that is just Julian, if you watch 1800 skypager and then go watch new footage Julian is the same exact person. Now go watch early Jamie Thomas footage to now.....

jrock

« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2007, 05:08:08 PM »
i wasn't really trying to compare those two guys.  Julien truly does not give a fuck, I just think anti-hero takes that whole attitude a little too far sometimes with the whole being dicks to people, setting skateparks on fire, and whatnot.  Is sucks that a lot of kids jock that attitude and behave like little assholes, but i guess its not Anti-hero's fault, they're just doing their thing.  Jamie, on the other hand, appears to be somewhat out of his mind.  All of the weird shit people say about him is pretty much true.  We had a guy shoot a Louisiana article for Transworld back in the day.  People NEVER come here to shoot skate photos, so it was a long time coming.  Anyway, the article was shot and laid out, and then out of nowhere we heard that it wasn't going to happen.  The word was Jamie was tired of all of these "hometown scene" articles in Transworld and said something to the effect of "why should these nobody guys in some little town get coverage, when me and my riders could get coverage doing the same tricks at the same spots".  it was my first introduction into "skateboard politics" and it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.   still, he seemed nice when I met him.  He gave me a fallen shirt "just to wash your car with or something".  I almost told him "no thanks" before I caught myself and graciously took the shirt..no matter how much of a kook someone is, if they're nice to me I can't help but be nice back...

fuckingvegan

« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2007, 05:11:38 PM »
i wasn't really trying to compare those two guys.  Julien truly does not give a fuck, I just think anti-hero takes that whole attitude a little too far sometimes with the whole being dicks to people, setting skateparks on fire, and whatnot.  Is sucks that a lot of kids jock that attitude and behave like little assholes, but i guess its not Anti-hero's fault, they're just doing their thing.  Jamie, on the other hand, appears to be somewhat out of his mind.  All of the weird shit people say about him is pretty much true.  We had a guy shoot a Louisiana article for Transworld back in the day.  People NEVER come here to shoot skate photos, so it was a long time coming.  Anyway, the article was shot and laid out, and then out of nowhere we heard that it wasn't going to happen.  The word was Jamie was tired of all of these "hometown scene" articles in Transworld and said something to the effect of "why should these nobody guys in some little town get coverage, when me and my riders could get coverage doing the same tricks at the same spots".  it was my first introduction into "skateboard politics" and it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.   still, he seemed nice when I met him.  He gave me a fallen shirt "just to wash your car with or something".  I almost told him "no thanks" before I caught myself and graciously took the shirt..no matter how much of a kook someone is, if they're nice to me I can't help but be nice back...

Good points.

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2007, 05:59:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Every skate company has an image and that is fine...

wghpChris

• Rep: 0
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2007, 06:02:27 PM »
Jamie Thomas is lame. Giving out product is a pretty normal thing....

Who did you live with, fuckingvegan?

MURLIN

« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2007, 06:06:33 PM »
You guys can keep beating around the bush all you like, but eventually your going to trip on a root.

All hear-say, gossip, bullshit.

jrock

« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2007, 06:13:21 PM »
People used to call Jamie "Xerox" back in the day for his bad habit of imitating others style and tricks...

The Slap Poster Formerly Known As Shughe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2007, 07:16:49 PM »

you dont know me