Author Topic: The Injury Thread  (Read 46956 times)

fs1/2cab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
Re: The Injury Thread
« Reply #300 on: September 27, 2021, 12:41:05 PM »
I would high five all the arthritis people here but our hands probably too sore for that shit

Although you are absolutely right and my hands hurt, that made me giggle. Thanks Matty. What they say in AUS? You are a rad cunt? ^^
IG: @flowterspace

bombsaway86

• Rep: 152
« Reply #301 on: October 01, 2021, 06:33:10 PM »
Update on my MCL sprain that I thought was interesting. It’s been almost 6 weeks since I hurt it and all the swelling is gone on the MCL side. It’s still swollen and sore on the outside, so I was thinking I hurt my LCL too. I googled outside swelling and it said it’s most likely ITBS. Hit my lower IT band with the massage gun last night and the swelling and pain went down almost instantly. Skated today and my knee felt nearly 100% and skated pretty well. Hope this helps someone else out in the future

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #302 on: October 01, 2021, 09:12:57 PM »
I popped my knee out of place on a flat ground push the other day. Was swerving to miss a crack and pushing simultaneously and my momentum and center of balance (or lack thereof) caused my knee to buckle and the whole thing popped out sideways. Stayed out for a solid few seconds then the muscle popped everything back into place. Then I had to walk home and pack up my apartment to move. It was hella swollen by the time I was done. I can bend it and put weight so that’s good. It’s happened before, but never on a fucking push… a new low, I’m so bummed.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #303 on: October 03, 2021, 04:40:08 PM »
What do y’all do for shin splints?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #304 on: October 03, 2021, 04:43:50 PM »
I’m pretty sure my right knee is at the point of needing surgery and has been fit a few years, which is why I never actually get it fully checked out because I don’t want to pay to be told I need surgery that I don’t really want.
Wish I was rich and could get stem cells or something lol
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #305 on: October 03, 2021, 05:16:48 PM »
What do y’all do for shin splints?

Mate had em you stand on steps with your toes and stretch or something I can’t remember exactly but stretching
listen to cosmic psychos

commie

• Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #306 on: October 08, 2021, 02:15:24 PM »
I folded my ankle yesterday on a back nosegrind 180. For some reason I tend to roll my ankle on that specific trick. This time I felt something tear and I think it was a ligament. It was somewhat pointless going to the ER because they just did an x-ray and told me that there were no broken bones, which wasn't my concern anyways. They didn't do an MRI and didn't give me anything for pain. I can't bend my ankle for shit and can barely walk, but it's not too swollen so maybe it will heal ok.

This is my fucked up ankle too which had limited range of motion after a broken tibia 15 years ago. I hope I can bend my ankle somewhat once it's healed or my regular/fakie tricks will look even more jacked.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #307 on: October 11, 2021, 10:24:08 AM »
All of a sudden it hurts to flick kickflips and other flip tricks. Anyone else get this ? It feels like a strained muscle. I'm just tiger balming it for now. Right where my fingers pointing.

I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #308 on: October 11, 2021, 10:42:45 AM »
All of a sudden it hurts to flick kickflips and other flip tricks. Anyone else get this ? It feels like a strained muscle. I'm just tiger balming it for now. Right where my fingers pointing.

Idk if you have insurance but going to the PT and getting an alignment done can help. Or some dry needling/acupuncture.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #309 on: October 11, 2021, 10:57:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Idk if you have insurance but going to the PT and getting an alignment done can help. Or some dry needling/acupuncture.

Thanks I think I can get that done for free

What's causing it do you think

pops

• Rep: 220
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #310 on: October 11, 2021, 11:05:44 AM »
Ever since I sprained my other ankle, needed few surgeries and a ton of rehab because it was in bad condition, over time developed a plethora of problems in other places like toe joints, knees, hips, back and neck. My body must be out of alignment.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #311 on: October 11, 2021, 12:29:53 PM »

I had this but it went away after a while. I also had the nerves in the toes hurt for a while on flips, went away too, as well as hip pain, all came and went I never knew why. For the moment I am rather painless (except for the numerous bodyparts I fell on recently).
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Tommy G

• Rep: -14
« Reply #312 on: October 11, 2021, 07:17:25 PM »
Anyone had a high ankle sprain before? Mine still swells up a bit after a few months and it takes a little while to kickflip. Doesn't hurt a lot but it's noticeable if I don't flick them right.

throwaway187

• Rep: -3
« Reply #313 on: October 11, 2021, 07:49:56 PM »
ankle which I've done many times to both (surgery needed). My scariest this year a torn hamstring. That bruising isn't an impact wound its from a large tear. Scary shit. Do not take a twinge in your leg lightly in a few days it escalated to this. Anyone need any info on recovering from these or almost inury in general ( I get hurt constantly) don't hesitate to ask!! Hah

Letsfilmavideo

• Rep: 16
« Reply #314 on: October 11, 2021, 08:40:44 PM »
Dislocated my shoulder back 50-50ing a baby hubba, slipped out on the lock in and back flopped
I always got one of my boys holdin a jar of leak and a fat blunt, so as soon as i land the trick we gettin wet you know?

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #315 on: October 11, 2021, 10:33:17 PM »
Ever since I sprained my other ankle, needed few surgeries and a ton of rehab because it was in bad condition, over time developed a plethora of problems in other places like toe joints, knees, hips, back and neck. My body must be out of alignment.
I had heel pain then I got an alignment done by a PT not a chiropractor and then pain shifted to my ankle like I had just sprained it. After some dry needling the ankle area got much better. Ankles are weird.

theoriginalgoon

• Rep: -63
  • eight equals d
« Reply #316 on: October 18, 2021, 07:23:55 PM »
Reporting in from the ER room. Snapped my ankle, they said is broken. Fucking A boys, I can’t stop getting injured
Me: I found skate Jesus.

Slap: Yeah, well maybe if he does the crucifix switch I will believe it.

boi-cuzudo

« Reply #317 on: October 19, 2021, 08:39:52 AM »
Yall anyone doing the Knees over toes program? Looks legit. I will be experimenting.
https://youtu.be/6pEpIc9MYuk

theoriginalgoon

• eight equals d
« Reply #318 on: October 20, 2021, 09:31:02 AM »
Reporting in from the ER room. Snapped my ankle, they said is broken. Fucking A boys, I can’t stop getting injured

Fucking A gents, they said it needs surgery. Fuck yeah

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #319 on: October 20, 2021, 09:59:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Sorry to hear friend. any idea how long you might be out for?

theoriginalgoon

• eight equals d
« Reply #320 on: October 20, 2021, 10:02:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Sorry to hear friend. any idea how long you might be out for?

Not sure exactly but the doctor said it would be several months probably. I gotta wait a weak before they can even operate on it cause I gotta wait for the swelling to go down, and than is like a month or so to heal from the surgery and probably a month or so of PT

Edit: and it’s super annoying cause I just came off a fractured radial head elbow and then this happened when I said I’m just gonna go cruise around the park lmao. So wack

theoriginalgoon

• eight equals d
« Reply #321 on: November 02, 2021, 12:15:55 PM »
Surgery time. Stoked on the pain meds at least

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #322 on: November 02, 2021, 12:18:47 PM »

All the best bro.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

theoriginalgoon

• eight equals d
« Reply #323 on: November 02, 2021, 04:26:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

All the best bro.

Thanks g, everything seems good so far. Just woke up from the anesthesia, but fuck this shit hurts so bad lol even with the nerve blocker

Movies

• Rep: 7
« Reply #324 on: November 17, 2021, 01:59:59 AM »
Yall anyone doing the Knees over toes program? Looks legit. I will be experimenting.

Thanks for this video. I'm trying to come back from a badly folded ankle (nothing broken / just ligament damage).
It's been about 2 months and I have about 90% of my range of motion back but it still hurts like hell to flick. How much longer will I have to deal with this? I feel like it should be better by now.

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 115
« Reply #325 on: November 26, 2021, 12:47:21 PM »
anybody ever had a micro tear in knee tendon ?

almost 3 months without skating and it still hurts a bit if i crouch or really bend the knee....

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #326 on: November 26, 2021, 03:01:06 PM »

@RichardBarkley if you need imaging past an X-ray, getting a sonogram is sometimes much easier through insurance than an mri. Theraband exercise bands would probably help rehab your flick. I hope whatever it is heals up quick.

https://www.theraband.com/products/resistance-bands-tubes/theraband-professional-latex-resistance-band-loops.html

biaherl

• Rep: 253
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #327 on: November 26, 2021, 03:57:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

@RichardBarkley if you need imaging past an X-ray, getting a sonogram is sometimes much easier through insurance than an mri. Theraband exercise bands would probably help rehab your flick. I hope whatever it is heals up quick.

https://www.theraband.com/products/resistance-bands-tubes/theraband-professional-latex-resistance-band-loops.html

Take a month or so off of flip tricks. When the pain is gone start the knee over toes program, no equipment needed

Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks for this video. I'm trying to come back from a badly folded ankle (nothing broken / just ligament damage).
It's been about 2 months and I have about 90% of my range of motion back but it still hurts like hell to flick. How much longer will I have to deal with this? I feel like it should be better by now.

I posted the first 12 weeks of the program in the Gym Routines thread. Scroll to the bottom
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=108723.msg3676020#msg3676020

No equipment needed and your legs hips knees and ankles will be the strongest they have ever been. This is coming from a gym rat who used to be able to dunk. Haven't tried in a while but I bet I could grab rim at 47 years old all because of this routine

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #328 on: November 27, 2021, 03:57:10 AM »
Thanks everyone

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #329 on: January 07, 2022, 12:08:13 AM »
What the fuck is sesamoiditis and have any of you ever dealt with it?
I didn’t even do it skating, but I went for a quick roll the other day and it aggravated the shit out of it …

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year