Author Topic: Nyjah to Nike in three months  (Read 122655 times)

busted-knee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
Re: Nyjah to Nike in three months
« Reply #90 on: July 22, 2015, 01:05:43 PM »
That rules. I don't understand why shoe companies will give one pro 9 shoes before giving other pros one. 

With all the vulc and cheaper models, Prod is probably getting on for 15 different models now.

I guess that nobody on Slap will be rushing out to buy a 9jar Nike SB shoe. I had to look up his DC shoe (never seen them in the skateshops)... fuck that N2 is an ugly looking shoe!

TehPwnzorer

• Rep: -17
« Reply #91 on: July 22, 2015, 01:17:02 PM »
Expand Quote
The entire deal with Nyjah is so strange. Nobody else on Element fits with him, and you could almost bet if he left the company would be legitimized� within skateboarding. Westgate, Evan Smith, Nick Garcia, Mark Appleyard, Timtim, Levi Brown...the team is fucking stacked. I often forget Nyjah even skates for them.

Shoes... I picture him when I think of DC. He should stay, or go, or fuck it, who cares. He should've been a rollerblader.
[close]

I feel like Nyjah is so ingrained into the contest circuit that it's an odd sight to see him on the streets or anywhere the rest of the Element team might go, I dunno if he goes to demos or not, doesn't seem like he would even skate them, maybe just sign hats and decks or something, sit around being above it all.�
Nyjah's sure a contest skater who doesn't skate street at all. Let's just forget about his:

Rise n' Shine part(back to back bs 270 lip, flip backlip - Hollywood 16)

Welcome to DC Part(nollie bs heel - Wilshire 15)

Last Call Part(hardflip bs 5-0 - Clipper)

DC Signature Model(bs noseblunt - Hollywood 16)

Welcome to AYC(360 flip smith - A handrail)

DC Fade To Black(won skateboarding)

AYC Signature Line(hard way fs 180 nosegrind to straight - A handrail)

Nyjah puts out more fucking Street footage than everyone else out there. The only reason he hasn't put out anything recently is because Element is making a full lenght video.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 01:19:19 PM by TehPwnzorer »

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #92 on: July 22, 2015, 01:38:57 PM »
me to not caring now
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2015, 10:24:49 PM »
Anyone notice on Nyjahs Instagram, the girls he hangs out with all look about 14...

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2015, 10:52:55 PM »
Lucky guy

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2015, 01:29:03 AM »
Fully backing Nyjahs current hair. Bruno Mars lookin ass

violentpizza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • pregnant pussy
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2015, 01:30:05 AM »
If you think about it. Nyjah has had it way way harder than cobra cole.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2015, 07:32:15 AM »
Does anyone here work at or own a skateshop?  Do Nyjah decks even sell?  I've never seen any on the streets or at the parks in the last few years since his Street League come up.

i seen his board sell when there was some sort of demo or if a kid who just started skating most likely would get it.  I think his boards run a little smaller making it easier to sell to kids.

don't work at skateshop anymore but did almost a decade ago

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2015, 07:39:45 AM »
Cryjah Huston. Bring your feelings.

Lonechicken

• Rep: 11
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2015, 07:40:41 AM »
Does anyone here work at or own a skateshop?� Do Nyjah decks even sell?� I've never seen any on the streets or at the parks in the last few years since his Street League come up.

I've seen one in the wild. Didn't think twice about it. I've seen way more Magenta Zach Lyons around than Element Nyjahs, if that means anything.

Ah, but does he skate for the right reasons?  :P

shred42O

• Rep: -10
« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2015, 08:56:47 AM »
It's going down, Nike wants the best and they are tired of seeing a non Nike riding winning Streetleage (their contest)

20 mil over 10 years is what I heard

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3416
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2015, 08:59:04 AM »
His pro model will be called "The Bingey"

shred42O

• Rep: -10
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2015, 08:59:28 AM »
Something else to trip on is the amount of money  leticia bufoni must be making, she's not even on Nike SB she's on legit just straight Nike

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2015, 09:15:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Does anyone here work at or own a skateshop?� Do Nyjah decks even sell?� I've never seen any on the streets or at the parks in the last few years since his Street League come up.
[close]

I've seen one in the wild. Didn't think twice about it. I've seen way more Magenta Zach Lyons around than Element Nyjahs, if that means anything.

Expand Quote
[close]

Ah, but does he skate for the right reasons?  :P

YESSSS. FINALLY, SOMEONE HAS CONFIRMED, ZACHY IS MORE POPULAR THAN NYJAH! FUCK YOU NYJAH! WE POPPIN BOTTLES TONIGHT BABY!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 09:18:01 AM by teh canadian suit »
p-shuvs and v-flips

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2015, 09:29:55 AM »
Quote from: TehPwnzorer  link=topic=86638.msg2358404#msg2358404 date=1437596222
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The entire deal with Nyjah is so strange. Nobody else on Element fits with him, and you could almost bet if he left the company would be legitimized� within skateboarding. Westgate, Evan Smith, Nick Garcia, Mark Appleyard, Timtim, Levi Brown...the team is fucking stacked. I often forget Nyjah even skates for them.

Shoes... I picture him when I think of DC. He should stay, or go, or fuck it, who cares. He should've been a rollerblader.
[close]

I feel like Nyjah is so ingrained into the contest circuit that it's an odd sight to see him on the streets or anywhere the rest of the Element team might go, I dunno if he goes to demos or not, doesn't seem like he would even skate them, maybe just sign hats and decks or something, sit around being above it all.�
[close]
Nyjah's sure a contest skater who doesn't skate street at all. Let's just forget about his:

Nyjah puts out more fucking Street footage than everyone else out there. The only reason he hasn't put out anything recently is because Element is making a full lenght video.

Bit of a Nyjah fan? Nyjah gets tricks in the streets sure but compared to other skaters he's rarely seen in tour videos or IG clips ( his last street post was 4 weeks ago). He's a park skater.

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2015, 10:17:52 AM »
His street stuff in the last King Of The Road was pretty amazing to be fair.

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2015, 10:40:48 AM »

To be fair, being a kook can outweigh being amazing

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2015, 10:47:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Does anyone here work at or own a skateshop?  Do Nyjah decks even sell?  I've never seen any on the streets or at the parks in the last few years since his Street League come up.
[close]

i seen his board sell when there was some sort of demo or if a kid who just started skating most likely would get it.  I think his boards run a little smaller making it easier to sell to kids.

don't work at skateshop anymore but did almost a decade ago

yea i worked at one back in 2002 and remember kids...and parents just buying blanks

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2015, 11:05:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2015, 11:52:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I am asking genuinely, can someone give me a snapshot or high level view of Nyjah's history of kookery? Is it just his partying image? Is it bc he is so active on the contest circuit?? I've never paid very close attention to his career, but he seems to get a ton of hate and I never really considered why. To me, Nyjah just seems like an awkward kid that had a maladjusted youth, being brought up by an overbearing and controlling Coach Dad. The guy has unbelievable talent. Just never understood the hate, but I'm sure there are many valid reasons.

And who is it for ANYONE to judge whether or not he "has fun" while skating. Literally, one of the dumbest and most absurd things I've ever read on Slap was people hating on Fade to Black because "it didn't look like he was having fun". Just outrageously stupid.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2015, 12:03:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I am asking genuinely, can someone give me a snapshot or high level view of Nyjah's history of kookery? Is it just his partying image? Is it bc he is so active on the contest circuit?? I've never paid very close attention to his career, but he seems to get a ton of hate and I never really considered why. To me, Nyjah just seems like an awkward kid that had a maladjusted youth, being brought up by an overbearing and controlling Coach Dad. The guy has unbelievable talent. Just never understood the hate, but I'm sure there are many valid reasons.

And who is it for ANYONE to judge whether or not he "has fun" while skating. Literally, one of the dumbest and most absurd things I've ever read on Slap was people hating on Fade to Black because "it didn't look like he was having fun". Just outrageously stupid.

First thing for me was when he said girls shouldnt skate...then latter backpeddals to say Phelps was a wierd guy and tricked him into saying it...and then apologizes on on his social media (not on Thrasher), since I don't have social media, I didn't know he apologized for months, had to find out through Transworld

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2015, 12:15:08 PM »
my shop had to send back our nyjah 2s.

pinch a loaf

« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2015, 12:22:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I am asking genuinely, can someone give me a snapshot or high level view of Nyjah's history of kookery? Is it just his partying image? Is it bc he is so active on the contest circuit?? I've never paid very close attention to his career, but he seems to get a ton of hate and I never really considered why. To me, Nyjah just seems like an awkward kid that had a maladjusted youth, being brought up by an overbearing and controlling Coach Dad. The guy has unbelievable talent. Just never understood the hate, but I'm sure there are many valid reasons.

[close]

First thing for me was when he said girls shouldnt skate...then latter backpeddals to say Phelps was a wierd guy and tricked him into saying it...and then apologizes on on his social media (not on Thrasher), since I don't have social media, I didn't know he apologized for months, had to find out through Transworld
Dudes fake as fuck a lot of times. In his foundation for getting clean water to people in need (which is great btw,) he said "ive been dreaming about doing this my entire life." Really Nyjah? because it seems like you dream more about what cute color you want to wrap your super car in this month. After luan won SL, he said congrats and all, smiles for the cameras, then turns away while saying "Fuuuck." Seems the only skate friends he hangs out with are David Loy and Chase Webb, and not Jaws haha. And he talks like a valley girl with a marble mouth.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2015, 12:30:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Dudes fake as fuck a lot of times. In his foundation for getting clean water to people in need (which is great btw,) he said "ive been dreaming about doing this my entire life." Really Nyjah? because it seems like you dream more about what cute color you want to wrap your super car in this month. After luan won SL, he said congrats and all, smiles for the cameras, then turns away while saying "Fuuuck." Seems the only skate friends he hangs out with are David Loy and Chase Webb, and not Jaws haha. And he talks like a valley girl with a marble mouth.

That's his moms foundation...I don't think he had a choice just like when he was doing all that vegan/rasta stuff he didn't like when he was a kid.  After I read that interview I knew the kid has ton of talent...but no character and the fact he said Phelps "tricked" him into saying girls shouldn't skate...just plain fail

pinch a loaf

« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2015, 12:32:29 PM »
Its almost as if he doesn't want the DC sticker to be visible...

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2015, 12:58:59 PM »
Its almost as if he doesn't want the DC sticker to be visible...

Honestly, anybody who doesn't get the hate should just peep his sock/shoe/short combination and I believe the hate will be understood quite easily.
p-shuvs and v-flips

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2015, 03:11:38 PM »
no nyjah shoe for dc pre-order spring 2016,  but a sick evan smith pro model.

ungzilla

« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2015, 03:38:10 PM »
I'm surprised DC would make him a second pro model so close to his contract expiring... that is a lot of resources to put into someone who's future at the company is an unknown. But maybe that was part of their pitch in trying to persuade him to stay. Anyways, wouldn't be surprised, but seems like it would not be wise since Bobby Worrest is not yet a millionaire and has only had 0 of the 30 Nike pro models he deserves thus far.

TehPwnzorer

• Rep: -17
« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2015, 04:17:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Bit of a Nyjah fan? Nyjah gets tricks in the streets sure but compared to other skaters he's rarely seen in tour videos or IG clips ( his last street post was 4 weeks ago). He's a park skater.
Barely? He kills every single AYC tour that's been out. He killed KOTR too. I grew up watching guys like PJ Ladd, Muska, Dollin etc. Nyjah seriously puts out more actual street footage more than anyone else, that while winning every single contest possible. His early footage when he was like 9 is still way more impressive than a lot of pros put out. I could understand if it was Chaz Ortiz you were talking about, but this is Nyjah. The kid put out killer parts when he was around 10~ before getting known in the contest circuit.

No, it's not called being a fanboy. It's called being real and not joining the hate bandwagon for no reason. If you wanna talk about people not putting enough on the streets, then how about PJ Ladd after Flip Really Sorry? How come Bob Burnquist keeps putting out a megaramp part one after another while Danny Way is still a questionmark? Janoski quit after his shoe became mainstream? Same thing with Muska? Where's Bryan Herman?

Notice how a lot of pros "disappear" once they make it $$$. No matter how much of a success Nyjah becomes he will always strive for more in skateboarding as far as level goes. That itself is respect if you look at what happens to the lot that "make it"
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 04:20:29 PM by TehPwnzorer »

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2015, 04:33:38 PM »
Quote from: TehPwnzorer  link=topic=86638.msg2359051#msg2359051 date=1437693469
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Barely? He kills every single AYC tour that's been out. He killed KOTR too. I grew up watching guys like PJ Ladd, Muska, Dollin etc. Nyjah seriously puts out more actual street footage more than anyone else, that while winning every single contest possible. His early footage when he was like 9 is still way more impressive than a lot of pros put out. I could understand if it was Chaz Ortiz you were talking about, but this is Nyjah. The kid put out killer parts when he was around 10~ before getting known in the contest circuit.

No, it's not called being a fanboy. It's called being real and not joining the hate bandwagon for no reason. If you wanna talk about people not putting enough on the streets, then how about PJ Ladd after Flip Really Sorry? How come Bob Burnquist keeps putting out a megaramp part one after another while Danny Way is still a questionmark? Janoski quit after his shoe became mainstream? Same thing with Muska? Where's Bryan Herman?

Notice how a lot of pros "disappear" once they make it $$$. No matter how much of a success Nyjah becomes he will always strive for more in skateboarding as far as level goes. That itself is respect if you look at what happens to the lot that "make it"

yea but he'll never get Skater of the Year...or worst a Populous from the Berrics