Author Topic: Nyjah to Nike in three months  (Read 123032 times)

Big Baby Jesus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
    • Suciu avatar image
Re: Nyjah to Nike in three months
« Reply #240 on: August 14, 2015, 12:09:13 AM »
You all hate Nyjah, but you wish you could be him.

No. We all wish we could be pops.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1213
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #241 on: August 14, 2015, 01:54:22 PM »
Expand Quote
You all hate Nyjah, but you wish you could be him.
[close]

No. We all wish we could be grocery shopping with Gino
hardly art, hardly starving

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #242 on: August 14, 2015, 05:43:33 PM »
It's pointless hating on Nyjah. You'd have to be a little off centre to be as good as he is.
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #243 on: August 14, 2015, 09:02:17 PM »
Quote from: TehPwnzorer  link=topic=86638.msg2359257#msg2359257 date=1437743209
Expand Quote
It's not like he's going to do a Sheckler and make a TV show and bring his private life into skateboarding.
[close]
That awkward moment when you find out he already does, and that he's too douchy for TV, so he had to settle for youtube... ;D

WTF they're drinking Orange Juice with Thanksgiving dinner?
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

Spicasaurus

• Rep: -39
« Reply #244 on: August 26, 2015, 10:58:55 PM »
god damn, y'all niggas really hate Nyjah, dude seems alright to me I like watching his youtube clips.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 802
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #245 on: August 27, 2015, 12:30:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
not everyone hates nyjah. i still blame his dad for how fucked up he is/his childhood was. these same ppl that attack nyjah at every chance probably make fun of autistic people when they have outbursts or whatever
[close]
With regards to his partying and stuff, I compare him to the kids I went to college with who I'd see unconscious laying on the stairs up to their dorm room covered in vomit because their parents never let them drink in high school. That lack of experience led them to go completely fucking nuts when they went to college and those were the kids that ended up getting alcohol poisoning. Likewise, Nyjah had a crazy strict upbringing where he was basically a circus performer that made his dad fucktons of money but had no concept of how to enjoy life. So now he's getting a full 18 years of debauchery that he missed out of the way. Seems to be doing a bang-up job of it too.
[close]

I feel the same way. Ye
s nyjah can come across as kooky at time but i mean come on, this is a guy that was born and breaded to always be the best and to always win and that's it. He honestly doesn't know any better, its a mental thing so his personality and his drive is unavoidable. He probably takes it as "Im Nyjah, the guy that was forced to quit school at such a young age to only focus on skateboarding 24/7 and have an insane coach of a dad to teach me to never lose and to always improve" to have a guy like that who takes contest seriously by nature lose to a guy that probably wasn't as heavily trained or forced to learn the way he did is probably more than just a normal defeat, it becomes emotionally personal. It reminds me of the 30 for 30 documentary The Marinovich Project, if anyone has a chance take a look at that its seriously the football version of what i think Nyjahs life is like.

Slap MD at it again

Michael Jackson of Skateboarding. Let's watch Nyjah go under the knife and become more pale.

nothing's been the since same

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #246 on: August 27, 2015, 07:29:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Quote from: TehPwnzorer  link=topic=86638.msg2359257#msg2359257 date=1437743209
Expand Quote
It's not like he's going to do a Sheckler and make a TV show and bring his private life into skateboarding.
[close]
That awkward moment when you find out he already does, and that he's too douchy for TV, so he had to settle for youtube... ;D

[close]
WTF they're drinking Orange Juice with Thanksgiving dinner?

Goddamnit now I've been tricked into watching this clip. ORANGE JUICE WITH THANKSGIVING? ARE YOU KIDDING?

EDIT: I see some champagne. Looks like mimosas. The plot thickens...
p-shuvs and v-flips

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #247 on: August 27, 2015, 09:02:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
not everyone hates nyjah. i still blame his dad for how fucked up he is/his childhood was. these same ppl that attack nyjah at every chance probably make fun of autistic people when they have outbursts or whatever
[close]
With regards to his partying and stuff, I compare him to the kids I went to college with who I'd see unconscious laying on the stairs up to their dorm room covered in vomit because their parents never let them drink in high school. That lack of experience led them to go completely fucking nuts when they went to college and those were the kids that ended up getting alcohol poisoning. Likewise, Nyjah had a crazy strict upbringing where he was basically a circus performer that made his dad fucktons of money but had no concept of how to enjoy life. So now he's getting a full 18 years of debauchery that he missed out of the way. Seems to be doing a bang-up job of it too.
[close]

I feel the same way. Ye
s nyjah can come across as kooky at time but i mean come on, this is a guy that was born and breaded to always be the best and to always win and that's it. He honestly doesn't know any better, its a mental thing so his personality and his drive is unavoidable. He probably takes it as "Im Nyjah, the guy that was forced to quit school at such a young age to only focus on skateboarding 24/7 and have an insane coach of a dad to teach me to never lose and to always improve" to have a guy like that who takes contest seriously by nature lose to a guy that probably wasn't as heavily trained or forced to learn the way he did is probably more than just a normal defeat, it becomes emotionally personal. It reminds me of the 30 for 30 documentary The Marinovich Project, if anyone has a chance take a look at that its seriously the football version of what i think Nyjahs life is like.
[close]

Slap MD at it again

Michael Jackson of Skateboarding. Let's watch Nyjah go under the knife and become more pale.

A Manolo re-edit of his footage to 'Beat It' would be perfect.

southsecond

« Reply #248 on: September 17, 2015, 12:53:53 AM »
I heard an interesting number today and wanted to get some thoughts:

$200K PER MONTH.

That's Nyjah's contract for head-to-toe Nike after cashing out of AYC and DC. Seems fair, right?

Nike owns Street League and now they're well-positioned to own the gold/silver/bronze podium at the Olympics. Totally solid return on investment, I guess.

Hannity

« Reply #249 on: September 17, 2015, 06:54:13 AM »

$200K PER MONTH.

That's Nyjah's contract for head-to-toe Nike after cashing out of AYC and DC. Seems fair, right?

Nike owns Street League and now they're well-positioned to own the gold/silver/bronze podium at the Olympics. Totally solid return on investment, I guess.
that's just a ridiculous amount of money. but it makes sense when you put it in the context of skating probably being in the Olympics. if he isn't using at least some of that in a philanthropic, charitable way like Dyrdek building parks or helping Skateistan, he should be. fuck.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #250 on: September 17, 2015, 07:05:23 AM »
So, is it confirmed or not?

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #251 on: September 17, 2015, 07:27:34 AM »

$200K PER MONTH.

So Nike is slowly bridging the pay gap between their "athletes" and their "skateboarders" I don't think there's anything wrong with that provided Bobby Worrest gets a nice pay raise this year.
p-shuvs and v-flips

Nuck

• Rep: 7
« Reply #252 on: September 17, 2015, 08:10:24 AM »
as i am really close to one of the retail sellers, he told me they already received news about Nyjah and DC - his spring 2016 sample shoes, ugly as hell, will not be on sale and his older models will remain the same, but will get a new name... and yeah, his contract is about to expire in no time... so yeah, Nike SB it is...

southsecond

« Reply #253 on: September 17, 2015, 09:40:22 AM »
New thread: Cobra Cole to Nike in three months.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #254 on: September 17, 2015, 09:53:49 AM »
I wonder if 10-20 years from now we'll have some shitty article in whatever magazine is still lucky to be in print about 'skateboarders that cashed out in the 2010's' or whatever. Then at the bottom of each skater there'll be a 'Where Are They Now?' type thing and Nyjah will most likely would have been dead for a few years from choking on his own streetleague trophy.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #255 on: September 17, 2015, 10:16:25 AM »
Nyjah on DC never made sense to me so him going to Nike just seems right at this point. Doubt he'll do it but it'd be rad if he went back to Es like he did with Element.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

StupidlyOriginal_SB

• Rep: -5
  • Fuck It.
« Reply #256 on: September 17, 2015, 11:32:46 AM »
Wasnt about to scroll through 9 pages of Nyjah shit, but I was just checking out the "Drop In" section in this months Thrasher, and about half way down it reads:

"Best contest skater going to Biggest shoe company
C'mon you guys know this one..."

Sounds like someone at the Bible knows whats going down!

Lonechicken

• Rep: 11
« Reply #257 on: September 17, 2015, 12:07:36 PM »
Wasnt about to scroll through 9 pages of Nyjah shit, but I was just checking out the "Drop In" section in this months Thrasher, and about half way down it reads:

"Best contest skater going to Biggest shoe company
C'mon you guys know this one..."

Sounds like someone at the Bible knows whats going down!

Chris Miller to Nike confirmed!

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -304
« Reply #258 on: September 17, 2015, 12:09:22 PM »
Nyjah on DC never made sense to me so him going to Nike just seems right at this point. Doubt he'll do it but it'd be rad if he went back to Es like he did with Element.

to me it made sense only because DC was trying to re-legitmize itself.  I remember when DC had chaz ortiz greg myers etc on the team.  That was a strange time. they failed with using chaz as the child prodigy so bring nyjah in made perfect sense.

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 402
« Reply #259 on: October 12, 2015, 06:58:59 AM »
I heard this weekend that DC's skateboarding division as a whole is pretty fucked and that the majority if not all of their riders are just finishing out their contracts before bouncing. 
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #260 on: October 12, 2015, 07:17:18 AM »
I heard this weekend that DC's skateboarding division as a whole is pretty fucked and that the majority if not all of their riders are just finishing out their contracts before bouncing. 

That's kind of a bummer if it's true. I've been skating dcs almost exclusively and they have been great. Just got some more Miller's an Kalis' new one. Their shoes are probably some of the best about at the moment. I thought Kalis was saying they'll be fine?
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

skate_spbr

• Rep: -2
« Reply #261 on: October 12, 2015, 07:46:15 AM »
It took me a while, but I just finished reading Thrasher's October Issue and it has in the last pages something about "Biggest Contest Skater moving to Biggest Sport Brand" or something like that. When I get home I'll take a picture and post that up, or if someone has one copy available, do us the favor.

I wonder when they're going to announce it

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -468
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #262 on: October 12, 2015, 07:58:54 AM »
I wish I was Nyjah

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #263 on: October 12, 2015, 08:52:46 AM »

Even launching a new video of brazilian dudes into on the team? Tiago Lemos and Carlos Iqui.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -749
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #264 on: October 12, 2015, 09:17:22 AM »
Nyjah will take P-Rod spot.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #265 on: October 12, 2015, 09:42:17 AM »
dwindle is buying nike
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #266 on: October 12, 2015, 10:00:37 AM »
It'd be kind of cool if P-Rod and Koston went back to Es. I think it would literally change that company around to have to older vets on the team.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

OldmanEpic

« Reply #267 on: October 12, 2015, 10:04:31 AM »
It'd be kind of cool if P-Rod and Koston went back to Es. I think it would literally change that company around to have to older vets on the team.

And creager tom penny etc

S.E.

« Reply #268 on: October 12, 2015, 10:18:24 AM »
nike of dwindle

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #269 on: October 12, 2015, 11:11:29 AM »
Tim Gavin was on this weeks shelter show and said Nyjah is getting 18 mil from Nike. Not sure how that is scaled, but that's some fuck you money.