Author Topic: Nyjah to Nike in three months  (Read 122948 times)

Big Baby Jesus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
    • Suciu avatar image
Re: Nyjah to Nike in three months
« Reply #480 on: November 04, 2015, 03:44:42 PM »
His style left when he cut his dreads. Jah cried that day.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 03:48:58 PM by Big Baby Jesus »
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #481 on: November 04, 2015, 04:14:00 PM »
Rumor has it when he hit puberty he couldn't balance the oversteer from the dreads anymore

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #482 on: November 04, 2015, 05:06:46 PM »
I wonder how it feels to know that, in the eyes of many, you peaked before you were even a teenager

Bliz

• Rep: -35
« Reply #483 on: November 04, 2015, 08:24:52 PM »
Expand Quote
despite the hate Nike catches, not a single one of their riders isn't a well loved, celebrated skateboarder.� Their team is awesome.� Who doesn't like the guys on their team?� even as corporate as P-Rod has become i still like the guy.�

Nyjah is an incredible skateboarder but given the care Nike has taken towards building a respected team, it seems like a downgrade for the brand to sponsor nyjah.� he's a great skateboarder but nobody really respects him and he certainly isnt a celebrated person in the skateboarding culture.�

Lance, Luan and BA are Nike.� Nyjah is Globe shoes with Decenzo
[close]
Are you fucking kidding me? Sheckler is the only skater that hasn't sold out and stuck with etnies his entire life, if you're a skater and you rep nike you're a complete kook. luan, shane, prod, bufoni are all fuckwits, probably be dead without skateboarding

Explain where this loveability comes from? Most boring group of skaters I've ever seen, having a beer with luan or p rod... id rather have a drink with my 45 year old aussie neighbor, she's fucking hilarious! Shane/ Luan/ Prod are EASILY the most boring interviews ever, rather see paint dry.

Something ($) sucked the life out of pro skateboarding, Mark Gonzales was cooler than the entire Nike team and def. more fun to hang out with.

Sheckler never sold out?  Have you seen the amount of companies he has worked with?

Bliz

• Rep: -35
« Reply #484 on: November 08, 2015, 11:36:38 AM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #485 on: November 08, 2015, 12:15:14 PM »
Looks like Metcon 1's, which is a training shoe.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

duffmanshredder

• Rep: 16
« Reply #486 on: November 08, 2015, 02:18:38 PM »
it's not fantasizing if it really happened.  your gay as fuck for even thinkin about them havin sex u fagit

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #487 on: November 08, 2015, 03:10:32 PM »
Looking forward to new nike pro models.. that aren't PROD12 or whatever he's at now

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 704
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #488 on: November 08, 2015, 03:51:54 PM »
Nyjah on Nike, from neck to toe.

Also, a training shoe makes sense. 
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
    • Suciu avatar image
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #490 on: November 08, 2015, 07:46:16 PM »
Looking forward to new nike pro models.. that aren't PROD12 or whatever he's at now

you honestly think Nyjah is going to design a good looking skate shoe?!

hufs calve muscles

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #491 on: November 08, 2015, 07:48:10 PM »

Something is wrong with this pic.

From the green trucks. To the board in the background. The dudes in grandpa shoes left knee. TO THE CLEAR ILLUMINATI LOGO IN THE PHOTO.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #492 on: November 08, 2015, 07:49:07 PM »
Nyjah is the Lebron of skateboarding.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #493 on: November 08, 2015, 08:03:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

PROD hasn't so the future is bright.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #494 on: November 08, 2015, 08:05:06 PM »
You honestly think those guys design their own shoes?

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • PHILA
« Reply #495 on: November 08, 2015, 08:05:38 PM »
athletic socks and boat shoes

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #496 on: November 09, 2015, 01:13:45 AM »
I'd think it'd be funny if everyone on Nike SB just started to jump ship and the only one left was Nyjah. I really don't get Nike at all the past 5 years or so. I am not even anti Nike but this just doesn't make any sense considering.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #497 on: November 09, 2015, 02:02:53 AM »
I'd think it'd be funny if everyone on Nike SB just started to jump ship and the only one left was Nyjah. I really don't get Nike at all the past 5 years or so. I am not even anti Nike but this just doesn't make any sense considering.

The biggest sports company in the world signs the most marketable person in skateboarding to endorse their skateboarding products. Makes no sense to me either...

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
« Reply #498 on: November 09, 2015, 02:38:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The biggest sports company in the world signs the most marketable person in skateboarding to endorse their skateboarding products. Makes no sense to me either...
I don't think Nyjah is the most marketable person in skateboarding. Maybe he is one of the most spectacular for the mainstream audience, but why don't they get Burnquist?
I think Luan, Reynolds or even Curren Caples could be more marketable to the general audience than Nyjah.
They are talented, humble, clean, respected by skaters and produce some spectacular manœuvres.

As far as what Fongstarr said, I'd love to see that, but I don't think a lot of companies can compete with Nike salary/benefit wise.

I my opinion, while Nike continue to produce quality footwear, people will continue buying their products.
The price doesn't even matter, as a great proportion of people who buy footwear buy it on sale. Nike being overdistributed, you can be sure to find the model you want at half the price 6 months after its release.

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #499 on: November 09, 2015, 03:11:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
PROD hasn't so the future is bright.
prods earlier models didn't look too bad, they just started to try and get too technical and the look went to shit.
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

Lasernaut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #500 on: November 09, 2015, 03:51:54 AM »
This is rullepølse. Let me tell you about my relationship with rullepølse.

Rullepølse is a traditional Danish cold-cut. I have made a deal with myself to never even taste it (can you see why?).
I know what it's made of, its place in Danish cuisine and several people who go ape-shit over it. They tell me that it's fantastic and that I am missing out. I don't care.

Nyjah is rullepølse.

streetdreems

• Rep: -2
« Reply #501 on: November 09, 2015, 05:14:33 AM »
I feel weird thinking about Nyjah being on the same team as some of my favorite dudes

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
« Reply #502 on: November 09, 2015, 08:59:16 AM »
I feel weird thinking about Nyjah being on the same team as some of my favorite dudes
You are way too attached to this shit to feel any type of way about somebody being paid to skate for Nike.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #503 on: November 09, 2015, 09:24:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I am more or less talking about their strategies in the beginning to now. I am sure it had to do with the team manager at the time but people like Supa and Shimizu were more respected in the industry rather than being cash cows.  But like Ronald Reagan said or whatever his name is, it was a lure to get people to like them and I guess we are seeing them become the Nike we should have known.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #504 on: November 09, 2015, 09:48:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I am more or less talking about their strategies in the beginning to now. I am sure it had to do with the team manager at the time but people like Supa and Shimizu were more respected in the industry rather than being cash cows.  But like Ronald Reagan said or whatever his name is, it was a lure to get people to like them and I guess we are seeing them become the Nike we should have known.

Makes perfect sense. Nike wants the most visibility if/when skateboarding is in the Olympics.

mini greek

• Rep: 33
« Reply #505 on: November 09, 2015, 10:05:38 AM »
I hope he Malto's his ankle in Nike's.  No offense to Malto...
Get litty.....

OldmanEpic

« Reply #506 on: November 09, 2015, 10:48:54 AM »
I dont think skateboarding will ever be in the olympics.

Also isnt it only for ams?

Why are basketball, snowboarding and hockey exempt from that?

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -608
« Reply #507 on: November 09, 2015, 10:57:16 AM »
I dont think skateboarding will ever be in the olympics.

Also isnt it only for ams?

Why are basketball, snowboarding and hockey exempt from that?

It used to be for ams, now every athlete there is pretty much professional
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #508 on: November 09, 2015, 11:57:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i dont know if it was so much an attempt to "lure" people in as- the skate industry market changed and they reacted. for the record I am completely talking out of my ass right now... however when nike came into skateboarding the big dogs were the well respected elder companies.  it was "video skaters" > "contest skaters" by a long shot. money was made overtime and longevity was what works.   now the money seems to be in fads, hype beasts. the big name skaters are glory hunters and kids want to be the star not the recluse.  if the trajectory didn't change as rapidly over the past 5-6 years we would still see nike pushing more gino, bobby, and AO and slightly less PROD, Luan, and Trevor colden.

at the  same time i stopped wearing nike a few years ago because of all the shit i heard they were pulling at skate shops with the fufilment contracts and after they  promised not to move their shoes out of skate shops turned-- around and went big box stores.... so i guess that does match up with the whole "lure" issue.

that being said their team does kick ass. I mean Weiger, Brock, CK, Ishod, Gino, Lance Mountian, Carpenter, GT, Fitzgerald plus the guys i named above PLUS guys who i will probably slap myself for forgetting... fucking hell that roster is solid.

more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #509 on: November 09, 2015, 01:08:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i dont know if it was so much an attempt to "lure" people in as- the skate industry market changed and they reacted. for the record I am completely talking out of my ass right now... however when nike came into skateboarding the big dogs were the well respected elder companies.  it was "video skaters" > "contest skaters" by a long shot. money was made overtime and longevity was what works.   now the money seems to be in fads, hype beasts. the big name skaters are glory hunters and kids want to be the star not the recluse.  if the trajectory didn't change as rapidly over the past 5-6 years we would still see nike pushing more gino, bobby, and AO and slightly less PROD, Luan, and Trevor colden.

at the  same time i stopped wearing nike a few years ago because of all the shit i heard they were pulling at skate shops with the fufilment contracts and after they  promised not to move their shoes out of skate shops turned-- around and went big box stores.... so i guess that does match up with the whole "lure" issue.

that being said their team does kick ass. I mean Weiger, Brock, CK, Ishod, Gino, Lance Mountian, Carpenter, GT, Fitzgerald plus the guys i named above PLUS guys who i will probably slap myself for forgetting... fucking hell that roster is solid.

I've heard some pretty bad things about Nike and their dealings with local shops. Mostly that they force shoes that don't sell out to shops so the shops end up losing money cause they have to discount the shoes that aren't selling.