Author Topic: The shitty truck thread  (Read 27874 times)

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 117
Re: The shitty truck thread
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2019, 05:26:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ventures I found were fucking shit to put your bolts in. Like a normal skate tool doesnt work on one half
[close]

Yeah, you would think they would fix that shit over the years, but no.
[close]

Pretty fucking annoying really, Thunders are pretty similar int his regard but not as bad as Venture.

I always just use a box end wrench. Skate tools kinda suck anyway compared to real tools from a good set, I hate those shitty little screwdrivers they come with too. Imo they're only useful for emergency adjustments mid session, not to set your board up at home.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2019, 05:59:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ventures I found were fucking shit to put your bolts in. Like a normal skate tool doesnt work on one half
[close]

[close]

Pretty fucking annoying really, Thunders are pretty similar int his regard but not as bad as Venture.
[close]

I always just use a box end wrench. Skate tools kinda suck anyway compared to real tools from a good set, I hate those shitty little screwdrivers they come with too. Imo they're only useful for emergency adjustments mid session, not to set your board up at home.

that wrench the diamond bolts comes with is really clutch for this, always have one in my backpack
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2019, 07:01:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

that wrench the diamond bolts comes with is really clutch for this, always have one in my backpack

The silver tool is pretty cool too, since the ratchet part has a little plastic washer screw thing you can loosen so that the ratchet can bend half-way at the part where a normal T-tool doesn't.

SirPizzaSlayer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -72
  • Pizza Griptape
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2019, 07:53:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The silver tool is pretty cool too, since the ratchet part has a little plastic washer screw thing you can loosen so that the ratchet can bend half-way at the part where a normal T-tool doesn't.

Ive had a Silver Birdhousd T tool for about 3-4 years now. I lost the screwdriver and the sander part but it’s whatever. GREAT TOOL!

Lord HuMongo

• Rep: 0
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2019, 08:50:40 AM »
Maybe they should have just made tools and not bothered with the trucks  ;)
There has been too much violence, too much pain. None here are without sin. But I have an honorable compromise. Just roll away. Just roll away, I will give you safe passage in the wasteland. Just roll away and there will be an end to the horror. JUST ROLL AWAY.

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
    • Instagram avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2019, 09:07:26 AM »
Silver trucks suck, great tool
Reflex bearings suck, great tool
signs say April is about to make a tool

Lord HuMongo

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2019, 10:25:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Silver trucks suck, great tool
Reflex bearings suck, great tool
signs say April is about to make a tool
Lol, although I'd never heard of April.
There has been too much violence, too much pain. None here are without sin. But I have an honorable compromise. Just roll away. Just roll away, I will give you safe passage in the wasteland. Just roll away and there will be an end to the horror. JUST ROLL AWAY.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2019, 04:09:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Ive had a Silver Birdhousd T tool for about 3-4 years now. I lost the screwdriver and the sander part but it’s whatever. GREAT TOOL!

Silver tool is great; the file fell off mine the first week.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2019, 12:11:02 AM »
I’ve skated most of them in the past, and like people say you can’t go wrong with the big three. Royals were the crappies quality ever, on par with those silvers when they first launched. I remember snapping a pair of orions too when I was like 14yrs old, on flat.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Little Debbie

« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2019, 11:32:20 AM »
i watched a 3 minute Krux commercial and almost thought about trying them. but there is really no reason to move on from Thunder. Indy and Venture got nothing on them.

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2019, 12:24:14 PM »
My first trucks ever were Trackers with the plastic baseplates, I can’t imagine trucks much shittier than that...

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2019, 12:40:19 PM »
Is there any reason why the inverted kingpin with the low profile allen wrench thing on top doesn't catch on? Never had trucks with it, just wondering why it only exists on shitty trucks. Seems like it was a decent idea...

BasedSenpai

• Rep: -14
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2019, 03:42:26 PM »
Worst trucks: Venture, Tensor, Silver, Theeve, Orion, Royal

Am I missing any?

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2019, 04:02:52 PM »

Am I missing any?

Krux. Avenue. Gullwing. Tracker.

ballintoohard

« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2019, 04:39:08 PM »
Definitely have never had a single issue with Ventures ever. Loving my new v-light hi's. My shitty generic Independent skate tool worked fine with 7/8 Shorty's hardware on all bolts. So, wouldn't consider them shitty whereas my Ace axles bent and Thunder baseplates aren't perfect either. If anything I'd say it's a big 4 now.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2019, 05:20:12 PM »
Expand Quote

Am I missing any?
[close]

Hurricane, phantom...

Lord HuMongo

« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2019, 11:58:51 AM »
Is there any reason why the inverted kingpin with the low profile allen wrench thing on top doesn't catch on? Never had trucks with it, just wondering why it only exists on shitty trucks. Seems like it was a decent idea...

Only reasons that I can think of are that if you really tighten them down or put smaller bushings on, the kingpin contacts the deck and can only go so far without being cut down or a smaller one used. Other reason I can think of is if you damage the kingpin head you're stuck really, if that's what companies are concerned about.

Other than those I can only think it could be for business reasons but there could be many issues I can't think of.

I've always liked them and can't remember having these issues myself though.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2019, 08:19:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Only reasons that I can think of are that if you really tighten them down or put smaller bushings on, the kingpin contacts the deck and can only go so far without being cut down or a smaller one used. Other reason I can think of is if you damage the kingpin head you're stuck really, if that's what companies are concerned about.

Other than those I can only think it could be for business reasons but there could be many issues I can't think of.

I've always liked them and can't remember having these issues myself though.

I guess you're right about being able to essentially drill it into the deck. I'm guessing you'd have 110% tightened trucks at that point though. I don't know, but it seems like it's one of the truck gimmicks that actually has potential.

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2019, 08:30:58 PM »
I'm not saying thunders are bad but why do they grind away so fast? I did a little bit of slappies and they are grinding away fast.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2019, 01:50:47 AM »
Silvers that had that "nut protector"
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

wurfnnjs

« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2019, 03:35:28 PM »
I have a pair of "Bullet" trucks. You can't turn it unless you take the top bushing off. Since replaced it.

Lord HuMongo

« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2019, 11:47:59 AM »
I'm not saying thunders are bad but why do they grind away so fast? I did a little bit of slappies and they are grinding away fast.
I was just considering starting a thread about exactly this. I'm skating some stage 11 Indy's that I've not been skating concrete with, until last week, I waxed a curb up and just while trying to break it in the trucks have worn down so much, so quickly.

SirPizzaSlayer

• Pizza Griptape
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2019, 12:53:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I was just considering starting a thread about exactly this. I'm skating some stage 11 Indy's that I've not been skating concrete with, until last week, I waxed a curb up and just while trying to break it in the trucks have worn down so much, so quickly.
My kingpin nut is already pretty scrapped from doing a feeble on my curb.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2019, 01:38:45 PM »
Did you buff the curb before waxing it?

I recently skated a curb that wasn’t buffed and it did way more damage than other concrete ledges.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2019, 01:48:47 PM »
Just set up my old bent Ace 66s and realized that bent Aces are still nicer than Indys.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2019, 11:10:56 AM »
Just set up my old bent Ace 66s and realized that bent Aces are still nicer than Indys.

That's a real bold statement

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2019, 11:15:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's a real bold statement
  Too be fair the indys i have are 10 years old.  I heard they tweaked the Indy geo pretty recently to be more like Aces.  More 'turny'.

SpankerChief

• Rep: 2
  • Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2019, 11:54:15 AM »
Here's my two cents on the many many trucks  I have tried..... Goes something like this Venture for tech manual ledge wizardry, Thunder for big impact gaps and rails, Indy's for rails gaps and vert/bowls.  I believe the 3 trucks mentioned above V T I hands down are the best. Indy's are my favorite Thunder for a close comparison Ventures weak as fuck trucks broken the hangers and baseplates. Fury Are trash, Silver are trash, Ace the first run were garbage but they've improved since then. Ruckus are shit, Tensor are turds, Orion who even skates those shit?! Destruco garbage.

I was at a park a few months back and I had scored a deal and a half at a pawn shop it was a Welcome board with OJ's and some bullshit ass Nyjah Silver's rasta colored so I am skating at the park and some oogle ass dipshit comes through he was complaining about his setup, I saw he had some decent trucks Indy forged hollows on some craigslist sharktooth. I mentioned oh you want to trade? he looked at my set up and was  like damn I want them trucks. I was like oh sure man no problem I even traded wheels too. Love my Indy's
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]

Davie Dick

• Rep: 14
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2019, 01:44:49 PM »

I don't know i've been skating indies forever and i got a pair of trackers in a trade and they aren't that bad if you run 'em really loose.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2019, 05:27:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't know i've been skating indies forever and i got a pair of trackers in a trade and they aren't that bad if you run 'em really loose.
  Yah the turn is super nice if mad loose.  Really fun.    I got some trucks they make in a 9 3/4 width.  BUT.  They didn't finish the pivot part of  the hanger so they eat thru pivot cups in a week.  I mean to file them smooth so they don't do that.  I wrote the company but they're fucks.  I guess they've got some new owners.