Author Topic: The shitty truck thread  (Read 27728 times)

backinaction

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
Re: The shitty truck thread
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2019, 10:11:12 AM »

I’m old. How old is Danforth?!? He skated old, when he was young. Maybe a sick guy that’s just one dude I didn’t get. I was real young but damn.

Danforth pushes mongo.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #121 on: June 17, 2019, 12:22:45 PM »
bill danforth for me will forever be the guy glorified by any old dude that has been hating everything in skateboarding since 80s turned 90s.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #122 on: June 17, 2019, 02:19:09 PM »
Arrived home to find a box of shitty trucks and wheels that I accidentally bought (was browsing ebay auctions while I smoked a cig at work and put my phone in my pocket unlocked and when I pulled it out like 20 minutes later I'd somehow managed to hit the buy button) for $40. They're all 5" hanger trucks, but only 2 of them are truly shitty.

- Black Thunder Sonora's 7.75" axle (this is the main reason I wasn't that pissed when I realized what I'd done)

- Black Hanger/Orange Baseplate Royals (dunno shit about royal models) 7.75" axle

- and the shitty truck pièce de résistance: Blue Hanger Phantom Unit 7.5" axle with the aforementioned shitty built-in riser and stupid skull face logo on the baseplate

To top off this trip down late 90's/turn-of-the-millenium nostalgia lane, theres also 2 sets of Bones fireballs that look to be about 49mm and a set of actually useable wheels that I can't remember right now but arent anything special. There was a pleasant surprise though in that the thunders and royals look to have aftermarket bones bushings although they're soft/medium so I'll probably just use them to do some frankenstein combos if I get bored.

If anyone actually wants the royals or phantoms and/or a set of the fireballs let me know and you can have them.

Edit: Pics here. https://imgur.com/a/C3rSOKL

« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 12:31:55 PM by Buttfart Rapedick »

SirPizzaSlayer

• Rep: -69
  • Pizza Griptape
« Reply #123 on: June 17, 2019, 08:03:30 PM »
Years ago I was in Brazil and I had a set up with some ventures on it and I broke the hangers. Well I went to a skate shop somewhere around the area, I found a Brazilian? brand of trucks called Diarrhea they had a guy in a sombrero taking a shit. I wish I had kept them as they were decent but the axles bent shortly before I gave them away. Anyone ever heard of those trucks? They were a Thunder knockoffs.

https://sektaskate.blogspot.com/2008/12/trucks-diarrhea.html?m=1
i would really want to see the bunk Brazilian thunders. I love seeing weird slate shit from around the world.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #124 on: June 18, 2019, 12:58:38 AM »
Dafuq
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

weedgod94

• Rep: 0
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2019, 08:59:25 PM »
Is there any reason why the inverted kingpin with the low profile allen wrench thing on top doesn't catch on? Never had trucks with it, just wondering why it only exists on shitty trucks. Seems like it was a decent idea...
the threaded part of the kingpin isn't as strong so they snap more easily. there's also slop.

Pissedoff30y/oskatedad

• Rep: -57
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2019, 10:25:49 PM »
Years ago I was in Brazil and I had a set up with some ventures on it and I broke the hangers. Well I went to a skate shop somewhere around the area, I found a Brazilian? brand of trucks called Diarrhea they had a guy in a sombrero taking a shit. I wish I had kept them as they were decent but the axles bent shortly before I gave them away. Anyone ever heard of those trucks? They were a Thunder knockoffs.

Sooo random! Me and my friend were skating a spot in Riverside ca in 2002 when a dude rolls up in a silver civic and wanted to put us on the team after wayching our footy. He gave us stickers with that logo you deacribed and a number to call. Cant remember if we ever even called it lolp

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #127 on: September 23, 2019, 07:12:03 AM »
Titan T Lites > Orion > everything else

Pissedoff30y/oskatedad

« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2019, 02:51:17 PM »
First run of royal was trash. Guess much hasnt changed though... i bought those army green hanger ones with the orange rock hard plastic bushongs soon as Royal dropped. Still got em. Also had/have some Fury’s. They were akward to skate. After a few years hiatus and getting “outta te loop” i returned and fucked around and got some theeves lol. I just stick to indy thumder and venture now

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2019, 02:58:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Sooo random! Me and my friend were skating a spot in Riverside ca in 2002 when a dude rolls up in a silver civic and wanted to put us on the team after wayching our footy. He gave us stickers with that logo you deacribed and a number to call. Cant remember if we ever even called it lolp
Really?! Diarrhea trucks you don’t say? Those were some funny trucks they were good but bent over repeatedly doing gaps. I ended up trading a setup for some weed or a deck slightly better than the one I had.
Dueces Bitch's

Pissedoff30y/oskatedad

« Reply #130 on: October 06, 2019, 04:20:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Really?! Diarrhea trucks you don’t say? Those were some funny trucks they were good but bent over repeatedly doing gaps. I ended up trading a setup for some weed or a deck slightly better than the one I had.
I dont remember it being trucks i thought it was decks but yep. Same name and logo

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #131 on: October 07, 2019, 04:57:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]
I dont remember it being trucks i thought it was decks but yep. Same name and logo
yeah the ones I had were black base plates and brown hangers, I had gotten them from a shop in Brazil.

I went to Mexico and other parts of central and south america one thing I didn't take to note I was absent minded and lost my side bag with all my tapes for listening to black metal while chilling at a spot. Brazil in the favelas if you aren't with a guide you will get your shit jacked if you aren't aware.

I'm pretty fluent with spanish language just not Portuguese, ahhh oh well I ended up getting super sick and cming back to Tennessee and had a gnarly bot fly extraction.
Dueces Bitch's

RichardAsh

• Rep: 0
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2021, 04:46:28 AM »
I always check before buying one. Most skateboard manufacturers use aluminum alloy for their trucks because of the material’s elasticity and toughness. Magnesium alloy trucks are also of good quality.

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #133 on: September 30, 2021, 08:02:36 AM »
The skateshop that i always visit for the past 30years still has these..

Orion trucks

Monster trucks.

sketchyrider

« Reply #134 on: September 30, 2021, 09:00:18 AM »

Orion trucks

Monster trucks.

i'd have to pick up the monsters, lol

Robebabu

• Rep: -7
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2021, 03:24:46 AM »

Orion trucks

Monster trucks.

want dem Orions