Author Topic: Warsaw / Warsava Poland  (Read 3877 times)

peacepappies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -96
  • tae-tae
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Warsaw / Warsava Poland
« on: September 07, 2015, 08:00:12 AM »
Any tips on good places to go? visiting with my girl, tips on good food stuff/ markets/ bars would be appreciated!
ohyeahohyeah

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -21
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
Re: Warsaw / Warsava Poland
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 03:51:57 AM »
Not at all. The last time I was there was in 1988, guess you can buy Coca Cola there now.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 02:45:34 PM »
Get footage in old town, the choppier the ground the better. Oh and post it here

k7vin

• Rep: -31
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 02:51:18 PM »
You have an awesome DIY bowl in the city-center: Szaber Bowl!

Check their facebook fanpage here (with pics etc...) >> https://www.facebook.com/szaberbowl
And you can read the full story of the spot here >> http://www.confuzine.com/2014/12/12/diy-szaber-bowl-poland/

Enjoy!

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 05:38:31 PM »
I'll be in Warsaw/Krakow in late july. Anyone have any idea what skating is like there?
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2016, 05:21:39 AM »
I'll be in Warsaw/Krakow in late july. Anyone have any idea what skating is like there?

I will also be in Warsaw with two friends at the end of July.
I checked several spots on internet and it looks like real good.

Someone told me the Palace of Culture and Science is the main spot to meet locals and start the day...
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Adam Carolla

• Rep: -43
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2016, 05:07:47 PM »
what did the polack say when he opened a box of cheerios? oh look donut seeds!

did you hear about the polish helicopter crash? the pilot got cold so he turned off the fan

how can you tell a polish neighborhood? by all the toilet paper hung out to dry

wht does it say on the bottom of polish coke bottles? open other end

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2016, 07:09:17 AM »
I've got some friends in Krakow who don't skate but would show you around. Both dude's are rad and like to drink beer...a lot haha. Having lived in Krakow I'd be able to better advise you on it so let me know if you're heading there.

Warsaw, go to hipster platz. There are a lot of good bars, restaurants, and cafes around there. Plan B is a good one. Near to here is a street with lots of good places, a bit more posh, but head to Kraken Rum Bar to scope out that area.

Go across to Old Praha if you're into clubs or just wandering around the part of Warsaw that wasn't entirely destroyed during WWII. Karmnik is an interesting cocktail bar in the old town.

Nowy Swiat is the popular tourist street but maybe don't get stuck on it the whole time you're visiting. Karmnik is an interesting cocktail bar in the old town. Go to Pawilony for drinks around here. Cheap, hidden down an alleyway, then tons of bars on top of each other that are all rad. Pretty social area.

Piw Paw is a cool beer bar but there's some more low key ones. Lots of good beer spots in Warsaw, tons of craft breweries in Poland actually. Kufle i kapsle is another. Some of my favorite beers in the world actually come from there but you can't really find them outside of Poland. Try a Ciechan Piwo Miodowe for sure.

One of the bigger markets is here https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gie%C5%82da-staroci-na-Warszawskim-Kole/140200286050807

Lemme know if you have any specific questions or things you'd wanna see! Poland's amazing, have fun!

Smerdyakov

• Rep: 15
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2016, 11:35:08 AM »
Is the Sheraton Hotel spot still there in Warsaw? Some stuff from the Firm video was from that spot, Jani fs crook on the out ledge I think and Rodrigo did something down the stairs. I only went for a few days and mostly skated around there, tomb of the unknown soldier and a skatepark under a circus tent.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2016, 05:51:21 AM »

did you hear about the polish helicopter crash? the pilot got cold so he turned off the fan

I never got the American jokes about polish people. In Germany they steal cars.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2016, 12:00:31 PM »
Quote from: Smerdyakov  link=topic=87436.msg2522089#msg2522089 date=1468089308
Is the Sheraton Hotel spot still there in Warsaw? Some stuff from the Firm video was from that spot, Jani fs crook on the out ledge I think and Rodrigo did something down the stairs. I only went for a few days and mostly skated around there, tomb of the unknown soldier and a skatepark under a circus tent.

idk if the sheraton hotel is still around, but i remember that someone pressure flipped the 7 stair at witos in warsaw in that video, and that spot is still skateable. also, in a bones video haslam skated at plac grzybowski which is also in warsaw and chris jones skated powisle diy in vase
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Smerdyakov

• Rep: 15
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2016, 03:15:39 PM »
Quote from: Smerdyakov  link=topic=87436.msg2522089#msg2522089 date=1468089308
Expand Quote
[close]

idk if the sheraton hotel is still around, but i remember that someone pressure flipped the 7 stair at witos in warsaw in that video, and that spot is still skateable. also, in a bones video haslam skated at plac grzybowski which is also in warsaw and chris jones skated powisle diy in vase

I was in the city for 2 days visiting a friend and randomly ran into the dudes touring Poland for the On video magazine part. I think my friend told me that place was a sheraton but looking up witos, that's the spot for sure. Mike R. from Foundation and I think Strubing were skating it. It was the first time I ever met people I'd seen in magazines. I ended up going to Warsaw three different times in the early 2000's, lots of cool looking spots and local skaters were always friendly and helpful.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 01:44:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I never got the American jokes about polish people. In Germany they steal cars.

why did the russian steal two cars in germany? cause he has to go through poland on his way back.

Matze

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 01:38:06 PM »
That's what I'm talking about.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2016, 12:26:00 AM »
I'm back after one week in Warsaw.
Everything was good, skating, food, beer, and real cheap...

I recommend you to check SH store for spots and stuff, they are very nice !

I made a little clip with the spots we skated :
WARSAW
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 01:48:37 AM by Thomas »
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 07:44:36 PM »
I went to Warsaw in 2008. I liked it. Very gritty.

I remember there being a cool underground area with shops cafes etc at one of the main train stations.

There's lots of cool bars all round the city. Do a bit of wandering and you'll find plenty.

I went out to a big market at a stadium. I don't think I bought anything but it was good for people watching.

Have fun!
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2022, 06:13:14 AM »
Heading to Warsaw for a few weeks soon and figured I'd revive this thread.

Any pals around Warsaw or have tips? It's probably close to a decade since I was last there so I'm sure there's some new spots/parks that have since popped up.

Coping Grinder

• Rep: 17
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2022, 09:57:02 AM »
Heading to Warsaw for a few weeks soon and figured I'd revive this thread.

Any pals around Warsaw or have tips? It's probably close to a decade since I was last there so I'm sure there's some new spots/parks that have since popped up.

Powisle DIY/Szaber bowl an absolute must. Palac Kultury has some good and fun ledges and other stuff, good place to meet other skaters. Lot of the advice in here still holds honestly. Been a few years since I was there, but if you speak with the locals it's not hard to get into a good session/ good time!