Author Topic: bands you've seen recently  (Read 92708 times)

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: bands you've seen recently
« Reply #390 on: June 04, 2019, 06:10:44 PM »
Sleep and Big Business.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #391 on: June 04, 2019, 10:05:40 PM »
Sleep and Big Business.
how was big business ? i’m going to see murder city devils next month and that’s one of my fav drummers . He great to watch .

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #392 on: June 05, 2019, 07:09:46 AM »
Super good, he's one of my favorite drummers to watch as well.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #393 on: June 05, 2019, 08:06:54 AM »
seeing the national & courtney barnett next week. stoked.
good come sausage

Poochie

• Rep: 4
« Reply #394 on: June 06, 2019, 02:28:15 PM »
Deerhunter and Cate Le Bon a few nights ago. So good

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #395 on: June 20, 2019, 04:01:01 AM »
Well last night a pal and myself saw A Flock of Seagulls for FREE. Beyond enjoyable.

Next Thursday I see the Minneapolis Uranium Club and Pinnochio in NYC.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #396 on: June 21, 2019, 08:59:22 AM »
white reaper last night
good come sausage

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #397 on: June 28, 2019, 06:02:32 PM »
Last night I saw the Uranium Club and Pinocchio in NYC. The Uranium Club blew my mind and as my friend put it who was in attendance with me said, "they are the smartest band out there".

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #398 on: July 12, 2019, 01:19:50 AM »
Caught Propagandhi at the beginning of March. They still bring it.  Been one of my all time favorite bands for over 20 years. 
damn! I haven't seen them since 1997, would kill to see them with their current lineup/ back catalog
fuckers won't tour Japan anymore it seems...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

doublesteveburger

« Reply #399 on: July 12, 2019, 01:29:09 AM »
saw jason lytle of grandaddy perform an acoustic guitar / piano set. he only played one song on guitar. it was sad knowing it was one of his first shows back since their bassist passed away. made the show extra special in a way.

Wow. Highlights in the set list?

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #400 on: July 29, 2019, 01:11:35 PM »
i saw NYCs finest WARTHOG two weekends ago at a brewery in the jersey shore
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #401 on: August 08, 2019, 12:59:20 PM »
Saw Baroness with War on Women, my wife and had fun it was awesome. I felt like a grandpa as I left 3/4 through the show. Got two cool shirts and newest album. Went home and it was okay compared to War On Women.
Dueces Bitch's

Jimmy Two Tits

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #402 on: August 11, 2019, 08:18:07 PM »
I saw Trash Talk at the Roxy in Atlanta last weekend. They put on a helluva show, everybody went wild and people started jumping from the balcony and shit. I generally don't listen to that style of music but they were absolutely insane. Then I saw Slash and Myles Kennedy a few day's later in in Nashville, that was also a pretty incredible show.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 08:19:56 PM by Jimmy Two Tits »
Everything's fluid to you goddamn kids but the blood of christ

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #403 on: August 11, 2019, 10:16:52 PM »
being at shows is my job so i'll name some of my favorites from this year:
Roy Ayers
Arthur Verocai (fucking mindblowing)
Joao Donato
Marcos Valle
Azymuth
Destroyer (solo acoustic set)
Innerwave/Eyedress
Michael Seyer
Blarf(Eric Andre,Domi,JD Beck and Thundercat)
pretty much everyone killed at the Ras G Tribute...sets that stuck out to me were MatthewDavid,Daedelus,Flying Lotus and Linafornia)

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #404 on: August 12, 2019, 03:10:59 AM »
Roy Ayers
Joao Donato
Marcos Valle
Azymuth
Innerwave/Eyedress
Michael Seyer
pretty much everyone killed at the Ras G Tribute...sets that stuck out to me were MatthewDavid,Daedelus,Flying Lotus and Linafornia)

2 questions:
what's your job?  :P
and wtf is this blarf project? Eric Andre and Thundercat together in a band seems like a genius idea. Or not.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #405 on: August 12, 2019, 07:45:28 AM »
Saw Black Flag last night here in Pittsburgh.

Mike V is a surprisingly good fit as their lead singer. First time I've seen them live. Plus I got to meet him after the show and we talked about skating a bit. Overall a good night.

FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #406 on: August 12, 2019, 09:31:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Roy Ayers
Joao Donato
Marcos Valle
Azymuth
Innerwave/Eyedress
Michael Seyer
[close]

2 questions:
what's your job?  :P
and wtf is this blarf project? Eric Andre and Thundercat together in a band seems like a genius idea. Or not.
im a lighting designer. so Eric Andre put out this record on Stones Throw called "cease and desist" it's like DJ Shadow or the Avalanches but on speed and acid and pcp. the live show had very little to do with the record but was pretty fucking entertaining and confrontational.

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #407 on: August 13, 2019, 12:36:21 AM »
that's gotta be a pretty cool job! probably less stressful than foh sound engineer ha....

and thanks for the info, I'll check out that project for sure. Love me some Thundercat  8)

l_bwoy

• Rep: -6
« Reply #408 on: August 26, 2019, 08:02:30 PM »
Saw these guys from North Carolina on Friday night called Jail Socks. 10/10 do recommend if you’re into pop/punk shit. Not generally into it but they had me boppin during their set at our local hardcore venue for sure, even bought some merch and went out of my way to let them know how hard they fucking killed it after the show. They’re on No Sleep Records and their music is available on all streaming platforms.

Then, Closet Goth. Again, not generally my type of music, and I’m not sure if it was just the stage presence or what but I’ll be god damned if they didn’t have the entire crowd in that bitch under hypnosis. Super weird, electronic rock sounds, but really fucking cool, nonetheless. On Bandcamp and Spotify.

MAUL, Piss Poor, Mon$ta Hou$e, and Death Bed are my friends bands, and they all fucking rip. Look them up on Bandcamp if you’re into hardcore shit, you won’t be disappointed.

Another one of my really good friends from Denton TX has a band with her boyfriend and her brother (both also great friends of mine) have a band called Pankey & Fam and they make some great music to cry to. Haha again, Bandcamp for the curious.

Last but not least, fucking DRESS UP!! they have a few albums up on Bandcamp as well and they’re one of, if not my favorite current punk band. They’re all House Park Locs, they all fucking rip as skaters, and they all fucking rip as a band too. One of the heaviest moshes I’ve been in in quite a while.

That’s it for the DIY and homie’s bands.

Last big act I saw was Turnover and Turnstile. If you’re not familiar with these guys, you’re pretty much fucking blowing it! Turnover makes some more great music to cry to, and Tunstile balanced the show out with a nice late 80’s NY punk sound. I know Franz (drummer from turnstile) skates too and he’s actually good! Did a 360 flip on stage right before their set, got me so fucking hyped.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #409 on: August 27, 2019, 12:56:46 PM »
rolling stones last night
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #410 on: August 27, 2019, 02:01:26 PM »
rolling stones last night

I saw Etuk Ubong last weekend at a small jazz festival. Great nigerian afro beat trumpeter. It was great.

A little while back I saw Jay Rock. Very good aswell, even though he played a shorter set consisting of his faster songs. I love his slower more reflective songs more.

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #411 on: September 08, 2019, 10:07:00 PM »
Saw these guys from North Carolina on Friday night called Jail Socks. 10/10 do recommend if you’re into pop/punk shit. Not generally into it but they had me boppin during their set at our local hardcore venue for sure, even bought some merch and went out of my way to let them know how hard they fucking killed it after the show. They’re on No Sleep Records and their music is available on all streaming platforms.

Then, Closet Goth. Again, not generally my type of music, and I’m not sure if it was just the stage presence or what but I’ll be god damned if they didn’t have the entire crowd in that bitch under hypnosis. Super weird, electronic rock sounds, but really fucking cool, nonetheless. On Bandcamp and Spotify.

MAUL, Piss Poor, Mon$ta Hou$e, and Death Bed are my friends bands, and they all fucking rip. Look them up on Bandcamp if you’re into hardcore shit, you won’t be disappointed.

Another one of my really good friends from Denton TX has a band with her boyfriend and her brother (both also great friends of mine) have a band called Pankey & Fam and they make some great music to cry to. Haha again, Bandcamp for the curious.

Last but not least, fucking DRESS UP!! they have a few albums up on Bandcamp as well and they’re one of, if not my favorite current punk band. They’re all House Park Locs, they all fucking rip as skaters, and they all fucking rip as a band too. One of the heaviest moshes I’ve been in in quite a while.

That’s it for the DIY and homie’s bands.

Last big act I saw was Turnover and Turnstile. If you’re not familiar with these guys, you’re pretty much fucking blowing it! Turnover makes some more great music to cry to, and Tunstile balanced the show out with a nice late 80’s NY punk sound. I know Franz (drummer from turnstile) skates too and he’s actually good! Did a 360 flip on stage right before their set, got me so fucking hyped.
are you in los angeles?

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #412 on: September 09, 2019, 02:22:09 AM »
I was able to recently see nigerian afro jazz great Etuk Ubong at a small music festival. Unfortunately they could only afford to bring half his band so the other half was filled up by local musicians. You could tell a bit they hadn't played together much. It was very good regardless!

animalflesh

« Reply #413 on: September 09, 2019, 05:07:28 AM »

Choir boy Saturday

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #414 on: September 09, 2019, 10:47:25 AM »
saw NJ pop punk legends the Ergs! in philly a couple nights ago. They still got it.
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
« Reply #415 on: September 14, 2019, 01:03:54 AM »
off with their heads twice in a row.
it was superb. amazing. best band

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #416 on: September 20, 2019, 09:11:55 PM »
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

FUCKINGLOUD

• Rep: -10
« Reply #417 on: September 22, 2019, 12:07:41 PM »
SAW PUP IN NY A FEW MONTHS AGO GOING TO SEE WAX TAYLOR ON FRIDAY

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #418 on: September 23, 2019, 11:39:58 AM »
SAW PUP IN NY A FEW MONTHS AGO GOING TO SEE WAX TAYLOR ON FRIDAY

PUP fucking rules.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #419 on: September 23, 2019, 06:05:31 PM »
Seeing Black Moth Super Rainbow tonight, will report back with experience after.

Edit Update: They were fucking great, missed them twice in like 7 years. The only thing that was "mah" was that they are touring the same basic setlist the whole tour (sans a few tweaks), so I already knew what they were going to play, but it nay ruined it.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 07:11:06 AM by Jim and Dan »
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"