Author Topic: bands you've seen recently  (Read 92498 times)

Garth Marenghi

Re: bands you've seen recently
« Reply #450 on: November 11, 2019, 01:05:24 AM »
Ariel Pink but it's been almost a year now that I think of it. He had a diva moment when the stage monitors stopped working and the drummer made note of it. Not a good look.

OldieButFrenchie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #451 on: November 21, 2019, 07:36:12 AM »
Bjork last week. Super expensive show (88 euros minimum) but it was worth it. Visually at least. Musically, meh. She's still an uber-great singer but there were no keyboards or guitar to flesh out the sound harmonically IMHO (like it was 7 flutes / computer guy / drummer / her)

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #452 on: November 21, 2019, 01:10:34 PM »
saw andrew bird this weekend and this chick opened / played with him .. she’s great
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nkZvEmGp8gY
I saw Andrew Bird with her this summer. My wife liked it so much we just bought tickets for her January show opening for Calexico with Iron and Wine at Thalia Hall. Should be great!

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #453 on: December 05, 2019, 05:18:43 PM »
Saw The Make-Up for the 5th time a couple of nights ago. Ian is mesmerizing on stage, but he spends most of the show crowd-surfing like a G. Here's one of their shows from a couple of years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVWwVLkclXk

deathturd

• Rep: 87
« Reply #454 on: December 11, 2019, 08:53:00 PM »
Saw these guys a little while ago. Fucking incredible. If you ever have the chance to go see them live, do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inWr-6-aYMQ

Chris

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #455 on: December 12, 2019, 10:22:44 PM »
Saw Peter Hook and the Light(bassist and founder of new order and joy division and his band) recently. It was really sick. Opened up and played an hour of New Order songs then intermission then played an hour of Joy Division closing out with Love Will Tear Us Apart.

EnglishWay1

« Reply #456 on: December 15, 2019, 12:45:13 AM »
Saw Peter Hook and the Light(bassist and founder of new order and joy division and his band) recently. It was really sick. Opened up and played an hour of New Order songs then intermission then played an hour of Joy Division closing out with Love Will Tear Us Apart.

I saw new order this year was brilliant.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #457 on: February 12, 2020, 01:52:23 PM »
I saw Soulfly and Toxic Holocaust last night. I've seen Toxic a bunch of times and they always rip. Soulfly was super heavy live.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #458 on: February 13, 2020, 12:36:09 PM »
Paid $127 for a ticket this morning.  Bought a ticket to see Rage Against the Machine and Run the Jewels.  It's the most I've ever shelled out for a ticket.  Never thought I'd get to see Rage.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #459 on: February 13, 2020, 12:52:11 PM »
Not that recent , but in the last 2 years, I seent  the Dwarves with JFA, Slayer w/Napalm Death, Anthrax, Testament & Lamb of poop (do not like them), Cro-Mags (JM) with Eyehategod, and also Mayhem on anniversary tour.
All were great, really. I am, more or less, just checking off bucket list of bands to see at this point, before they are no more... Pink Floyd would be nice if you could get them to hook it up. Not many left on my list, but I am extremely disappointed that I have not seen Pink Floyd.

Whitedude

« Reply #460 on: February 14, 2020, 05:36:43 AM »
saw Tommy wright the 3rd in November and it was probably the best show I've ever been to, perfect sized crowed and room and Tommy even came down after the show to sign shit and take pictures. when runnin and gunnin came on someone threw a full trashcan into the crown and people started using it as a beachball.