Author Topic: High kickflip contest  (Read 4797 times)

miff

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: High kickflip contest
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2015, 02:41:42 PM »
Haven't read a skate magazine in a good while, but is Luis Tolentino still around? That dude had crazy pop...

LifeHammered

• Rep: 53
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2015, 02:43:37 PM »
Maalouf, at the Maloof High Ollie Contest kick flipped the bar when it was set just a few inches under what was being ollied in the finals, so i'm going to say without question Christian Maalouf. Here's one from yesterday -

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2015, 02:49:22 PM »
I would like to see a contest where pros can prove they can do a proper heelflip on flat.

Out of all the heelflips I've seen in BATB, about 99,9% looked totally horrible.
now do you prefer a heelflip to be kicked straight across the board straight out or diagonal up out torwards the nose? I learned em the second way but I kinda don't really care. I'm not much a heelflipper to be honest especially now that I've moved up to a 9.25 from an 8, I will get them on this set up eventually though one of my homies heelflipped a 11" board I made one time last summer.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2015, 02:55:11 PM »
Expand Quote
I would like to see a contest where pros can prove they can do a proper heelflip on flat.

Out of all the heelflips I've seen in BATB, about 99,9% looked totally horrible.
[close]
now do you prefer a heelflip to be kicked straight across the board straight out or diagonal up out torwards the nose? I learned em the second way but I kinda don't really care. I'm not much a heelflipper to be honest especially now that I've moved up to a 9.25 from an 8, I will get them on this set up eventually though one of my homies heelflipped a 11" board I made one time last summer.
I think diagonal would be the "advanced" way for sure. Kicking out is more of a beginner trait if I'm thinking of it right, and you won't really get the board very high. Plus there's the chance it'll rocket, and with it the potential for taint/butthole impalement.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2015, 03:11:02 PM »
I can get to that. Same goes for kickflips I imagine? When I had a tiny board and was trying to do like a quadruple or whatever I'd start with my front foot by the back bolts even and then kick way out off the nose with my back foot going way out too felt like a Chad Muska picture or something. I generally just flick off to the side now not as pretty.

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2015, 03:19:15 PM »
This would be a fun contest idea. And one I've also thought of.
Add switch Ollie and nollie to the mix as well.
I think it's been done (Luis won if I remember); but a long distance Ollie contest would be sick.
And what about a Jaws style drop contest? Where the drop keeps getting taller and taller. No distance to clear. This could be dangerous though.
How about an opposite one, where you start at 20 feet. The people who survive can proceed to 19 feet.
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2015, 03:24:42 PM »

Pretty Sure we know the winner of this...

Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2015, 12:44:50 AM »
^^^ yes that's a proper heelflip.

I prefer this one though (1.30)

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2015, 05:38:06 AM »
dylan has a ridiculously high everything, namely switch back heels and and switch back flips

but highest kickflip is probably lizard

skateordie

• Rep: -40
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2015, 07:54:56 AM »
sean mullendore.

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2015, 08:35:13 AM »
Rodrigo Tx regular and switch

OldmanEpic

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2015, 09:13:36 AM »
^^^ yes that's a proper heelflip.

I prefer this one though (1.30)

Fuck I clicked on that just to see who it was and now ive watched it 5 times because its THE BEST VIDEO PART EVER imo. I also totally agree, jwrays heelflips are proper as fuck

Thanks for posting that! I hadnt watched that part in awhile

Butterballs

• Rep: 6
  • The secret bringer of destruction and doom!
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2015, 04:43:00 PM »
Did people forget about this one??

theradone

• Rep: 4
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2015, 05:39:03 PM »
My homie Quel Haddox would be a contender. The first time he ever skated a cali picnic table he kickflipped one long ways into the bank at that school in Northeast LA. It's in gold goons.