Author Topic: Sticker Jobs  (Read 4889 times)

doublesteveburger

Re: Sticker Jobs
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2015, 02:59:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I generally ordain my board with a single Supreme sticker.....I buy them...they aren't cheap but it's so worth it....
[close]

you sound like such a fucking moron.
[close]

darkslideoftheforce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2015, 06:44:33 AM »
I recently bought Ace trucks, but I still got the huge-ass Indy sticker on my nose. Should I scratch it off? 

Julz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2015, 09:34:16 AM »
I recently bought Ace trucks, but I still got the huge-ass Indy sticker on my nose. Should I scratch it off? 

Your average skater wouldn't even bother paying attention to that... But on SLAP you'll get kooked. After all, people here won't wear a t-shirt of a skate brand if it differs from the brands they're currently riding.

Heatwaves

• Rep: 2
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2015, 07:10:25 PM »
I generally ordain my board with a single Supreme sticker.....I buy them...they aren't cheap but it's so worth it....
Wait people buy supreme stickers?

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2015, 06:41:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Wait people buy supreme stickers?
you can send $5 to the warehouse and they'll send you 5 stickers. I've never done it, but it reminds me of when you could send a couple bucks to skate companies and they'd send you back a catalogue and some stickers and shit.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

zippy z

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2015, 06:53:03 AM »
I got into this a few decades ago. A friend and I were getting ready to cruise the mall. He tossed his adidas windbreaker on while wearing some khaki e's Muskas. I looked at him and asked if he was seriously going into the mall mixing brands. He looked down, looked at me, took the windbreaker off, and said thanks.

I'm a little too loyal about repping brands. The insecurity and OCD runs deep.

Expand Quote
[close]

Your average skater wouldn't even bother paying attention to that... But on SLAP you'll get kooked. After all, people here won't wear a t-shirt of a skate brand if it differs from the brands they're currently riding.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2015, 11:01:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
He sounds like he's joking...

I cannot ever mix brands other than apparel brands, like I could wear a pair of levi's with a fourstar tee, but never mixing shoe brands and I'm uncomfortable wearing a hardgoods brand  if it's not something I'm using, and stickers are the same. I know it's stupid as fuck, but i like to rep what I ride.

posguy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2015, 11:31:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

I cannot ever mix brands other than apparel brands, like I could wear a pair of levi's with a fourstar tee, but never mixing shoe brands and I'm uncomfortable wearing a hardgoods brand  if it's not something I'm using, and stickers are the same. I know it's stupid as fuck, but i like to rep what I ride.

I'm glad to hear it's not just me who's branded as fuck. I definitely agree with that last bit

blue

• Rep: -22
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2015, 05:46:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

I'm glad to hear it's not just me who's branded as fuck. I definitely agree with that last bit
Im super about the brand loyalty thing. Ive been known to run huf stickers while skating vans slip ons but I fuck with huf heavily.
I also tend to throw all my shit on the nose cuz i never do noseslide tricks haha

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2015, 06:22:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
Im super about the brand loyalty thing. Ive been known to run huf stickers while skating vans slip ons but I fuck with huf heavily.
I also tend to throw all my shit on the nose cuz i never do noseslide tricks haha

I agree. I can't commit brand-cest.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2015, 12:12:38 AM »
When it comes to wearing tshirts I don't really give a fuck if it matches what I'm skating. I do agree with the stickers tho. And I've been tempted to put huf stickers on my board but I feel like huf is more than just a shoe brand. But I haven't pulled the trigger on that yet.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

Crow T. Robot

• Rep: 26
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2015, 10:31:45 AM »
Bought some bumper stickers of the banner from office space that I like to put on boards.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2015, 02:39:59 PM »
You never appreciate a good sticker job until you see a really bad one.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2015, 09:25:48 PM »
I wore a Vans shirt today while wearing Cons. Hate away y'all.

....But seriously, intermingling brands has never bothered me too much. I have a lot of skate related OCDs, but that was never one that fucked with me too much.

As for stickers, I'll usually put a few I have lying around on my setups. I just slap em on wherever they might look good. I make sure not to overdo it with the stickers though. An over-stickered deck just doesn't look good to me.