Author Topic: Mike Carroll & Jacob Rosenberg: Weekend Buzz ep. 108 pt. 1,2,3  (Read 16429 times)

Bloody Matt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -41
Re: Mike Carroll & Jacob Rosenberg: Weekend Buzz ep. 108 pt. 1,2,3
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2015, 05:24:32 PM »
Mike Carroll; love his skating etc, hate his song choices. Don't know what Lee is talking about with that one.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2015, 05:26:17 PM »
Mike Carroll; love his skating etc, hate his song choices. Don't know what Lee is talking about with that one.

you what now? I know EXACTLY what Lee is talking about

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

OldieButFrenchie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2015, 03:05:01 AM »

you must have weird musical tastes.... 20 years later, I still listen to that Casual album and some Hiero every once in a a while.

anyways that was awesome again. Hope Carroll is doing good now, Lupus sounds gnarly....an enlarged heart is no joke

Getty

• Rep: 48
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2015, 08:25:28 AM »
Great to hear Carroll but for goddsake, Lee, stop INTERRUPTING THE FUCKING GUESTS! We're not tuning in to hear YOU talk, dude! Rob gets how to do this, but does he always have to be paired with some incredibly awkward, compulsive talker? Dude is more annoying than Erica was.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2015, 08:32:28 AM »
Lee was just hyped that he had good guests. The guy is a skate rat, he was excited, back off.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2015, 09:10:09 AM »
I feel like there wasn't enough Brink in this really. I think because Jacob Rosenberg is an eloquent thoughtful interviewee so it took some of that necessity off of Brink. Not to say Carroll isn't thoughtful and eloquent.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2015, 05:11:03 PM »
Lee was just hyped that he had good guests. The guy is a skate rat, he was excited, back off.

Hmmmm, I get that but still...
Rosenberg fucking named his top three things to film (rodney, duffy and way) and then you start negating what he says and trying to fuck with the order :-X twas quite annoying (as was the interrupting when he was talking about misled youth)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2549
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2015, 05:23:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you must have weird musical tastes.... 20 years later, I still listen to that Casual album and some Hiero every once in a a while.

anyways that was awesome again. Hope Carroll is doing good now, Lupus sounds gnarly....an enlarged heart is no joke

I hated the songs in his Fully Flared part, but apart from that, his music choices range from really good to classic. I also think about how awesome it would have been if he'd skated to Frisco instead of Welsh (I know there's that edit where he does, but it came out after Free Your Mind).

But yeah, that was such a great episode, and I usually find this "show" interminable.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2015, 05:42:23 PM »
great job to everyone involved with this

too much

« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2015, 06:57:38 PM »
great job to everyone involved with this

Yeah must have been difficult. Weekend buzz is the best thing out.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2015, 07:17:40 PM »
if gerwar keeps taking dudes to the petting zoo.....no chance in this forum at least.....

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2015, 07:19:29 PM »
His Fully Flared part is one of my favorites, even though I don't like the Judas Priest song. I don't hate it, just seems like a lame choice, but I figure it's some older guy stuff I just don't get/wasn't around for. Like maybe carroll used to go to their shows when he was younger or something.

However the use of the Tear Da Club Up Thugs song for the heavier section at the end, was amazing and (one of?) the best music choices in that video. Early three 6 is tough to beat, and I think they even worked in a visual cue/nod thing for when that "touch like Malachi" line comes on, but I might be misremembering. Either way i love that part of the video

People have probably seen this before, but here's carroll (and alex parker) skating a mini to a super classic song.

Love how they sync up the "sugarcane" line from the song, with the tricks at the end.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 07:30:00 PM by childhood »