Author Topic: Johnny Layton New Vans video part (berrics)  (Read 19796 times)

French manicure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
Re: Johnny Layton New Vans video part (berrics)
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2015, 10:06:02 PM »
This was better than 90%+ of the vans video real talk.

Yeah, but, how about that Curren Caples?

Brandon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2015, 10:48:40 PM »
kickflip foot plant at 2:56 is one of the sickest things i've seen in awhile. loving this as a j-lay appreciation thread.

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2015, 11:43:30 PM »
Fuck the industry. So glad this was such a good part, the opposite of a Pappalardo letdown. No whiney interviews followed by three laughable clips, just heavy ass skateboarding (again, no pun intended.)

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2015, 12:09:32 AM »
That ollie out over the pole at the end of the gap was just fucking reckless. This part is great.

Expand Quote
Skateboarding just doesn't make sense sometimes. Here we have J-Lay with a solid 4 minute part and gets pushed aside, Then we have pros like Dollin on the same team doing the bare minimum and still get to be pro.
[close]

I also don't understand why J Lay is done with his sponsors but this is just dumb. Dollin was coming off of knee surgery, his most recent of multiple, and still came out with fucked up shit.
Monkey Mcpott likes Uncle Grandpa. You can't really expect him to post anything intelligent.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

roscoemoore1

« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2015, 01:18:01 AM »
heavy set no complies looked too good

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2015, 04:19:20 AM »
I remember Greg or someone saying that Andrew and Dustin shared a part just to shorten the video. Seems logical to cut the one guy who technically isn't pro anymore from the video. It's still shitty though. Especially since he now works for Vans. What I really want to know is what the reason for cutting him from Toy was since Billy Marks and Josh Harmony are still on and they don't do shit. I'm starting to think that it was just his choice to settle down and get a real job now before its too late.
billy still does shit pretty good, he was on kotr this year and does stuff with filament shoes, same can't be said about harmony though, only stuff i saw with him was some instagram clips or him in cuffed pants with fake converse doing bowl grinds. if i was going to drop a team member it would be harmony, maybe ed lets him off the hook because of artsy shit or whatever.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2015, 06:31:11 AM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=87774.msg2387686#msg2387686 date=1443957560
Expand Quote
I remember Greg or someone saying that Andrew and Dustin shared a part just to shorten the video. Seems logical to cut the one guy who technically isn't pro anymore from the video. It's still shitty though. Especially since he now works for Vans. What I really want to know is what the reason for cutting him from Toy was since Billy Marks and Josh Harmony are still on and they don't do shit. I'm starting to think that it was just his choice to settle down and get a real job now before its too late.
[close]
billy still does shit pretty good, he was on kotr this year and does stuff with filament shoes, same can't be said about harmony though, only stuff i saw with him was some instagram clips or him in cuffed pants with fake converse doing bowl grinds. if i was going to drop a team member it would be harmony, maybe ed lets him off the hook because of artsy shit or whatever.

Ed's never been one to force someone out. Austin Stephens had a board forever until he decided to retire.

reallygudsk8rkid

• Rep: -41
  • Don't Look Before You Leap
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2015, 07:16:40 AM »
Quote from: TOAST-FACE KILLA  link=topic=87774.msg2387686#msg2387686 date=1443957560
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Ed's never been one to force someone out. Austin Stephens had a board forever until he decided to retire.

The skate shop here still has an Austin Stephens deck for sale on the wall .

Al Borland

• Rep: 37
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2015, 08:56:30 AM »
How did Daniel Lutheran manage to slide into like 2 extra parts in this video?

This part was great, I spent what, $11 for the video? Give me a J-Lay part. Don't shorten it down just because kids don't have the attention span for an extra 4 minutes.

sms_b

« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2015, 09:10:51 AM »
it's justin regan's fault.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2015, 09:11:21 AM »
The front blunt down the hubba was begging for a second angle.  His back foot looked so sick on that.

Not exactly what you're looking for but...

We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

S.E.

« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2015, 09:55:11 AM »
honestly, this shouldve been the ender in the vans video.  couldve been a great ender for the video and a nice good bye to one of the sickest dudes of the last decade

doublesteveburger

« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2015, 10:20:11 AM »
honestly, this shouldve been the ender in the vans video.  couldve been a great ender for the video and a nice good bye to one of the sickest dudes of the last decade

Eskorbut0

• Rep: -2
  • Be careful what you wish for
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2015, 12:09:20 PM »
J-lay was my first favorite skater when I first saw him in Good & Evil when I started skating. This part got me pumped. Gnarly footage and a lot of it!   :o

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2015, 12:27:49 PM »
the ender just kills all my joy and all I can think of is how much that would suck

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2015, 12:31:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ender? This part is real good, but let's not go crazy here. Then again, I don't think AVE should've got ender based on merit either, but he's an icon that put in serious work for his part so it more than made sense.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2015, 01:05:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Ender? This part is real good, but let's not go crazy here. Then again, I don't think AVE should've got ender based on merit either, but he's an icon that put in serious work for his part so it more than made sense.

Although I agree that JLay's part might not have been ender material, the thought of it being a farewell part as ender would have been pretty rad. If ender was based on merit, Rowley or TNT should have gotten ender.

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2015, 01:17:20 PM »

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2015, 04:53:09 PM »
Ed said layton quit. Some people choose a steady pay and spending time with their family over keeping the dream alive

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2015, 05:32:08 PM »
Ed said layton quit. Some people choose a steady pay and spending time with their family over keeping the dream alive

Like Furby?

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2015, 05:41:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Like Furby?

Nah big diff. Layton choose a steady salary on a respectable brand that has been around for decades. Furby though starting a new brand would mean he could pocket more money than his 4 dollar royalty checks but realized its not as easy as that and instead is probably in debt now and is asking for 25K on a fucking GoFund me account. Johnny is doing way better and left with a bang of a part even though it didn't get the shine it deserved. Is there still suppose to be a blue ray edition of propeller like people were saying?? it be sick if they added J-Lays part in that edition.

pussy popper,pot smoker

« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2015, 06:05:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Although I agree that JLay's part might not have been ender material, the thought of it being a farewell part as ender would have been pretty rad. If ender was based on merit, Rowley or TNT should have gotten ender.
the part should have been an extra like heath kirchart in stay gold.

zippy z

« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2015, 06:38:52 PM »
If he can put a part like that out while working a full-time desk job and being married with a kid then I am more than fine with his life choices. JL the white-collar hero?

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2015, 08:08:32 PM »

When did Ed say that? Cause I talked to Johnny for awhile about it an he said he got a phone call one day that he was let go.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #84 on: October 04, 2015, 09:17:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

When did Ed say that? Cause I talked to Johnny for awhile about it an he said he got a phone call one day that he was let go.

don't worry guys im on the case

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: October 04, 2015, 09:54:05 PM »
Being cool and being on Slap are mutually exclusive states.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2015, 09:55:36 PM »
Being cool and being on Slap are mutually exclusive states.

Being cool on SLAP is the only thing that matters in the real life

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2015, 01:44:35 AM »
The Berrics have been killing it lately.
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

cuntzilla

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -63
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2015, 06:16:43 AM »
I don't rollerblade, I play ROLLER HOCKEY! I've been kicking haters like you to the curb forever

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2015, 10:07:00 AM »

Yeah that doesn't seem like proof that he willingly left toy machine, just Ed wording it so no two sides look bad. I guess I should of seen if Johnny would of wanted to talk about it on camera since he was super down to talk about the whole thing and I dunno if the interview he mentioned will ever come out (hope so with all the hype on his part).
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.