Author Topic: Gilbert Crockett "Salt Life"  (Read 27811 times)

Getty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 48
Re: Gilbert Crockett "Salt Life"
« Reply #150 on: October 15, 2015, 12:44:02 PM »
He's been one of my favorites since cellout & he just gets better & better. I actually agree with whoever said that in this case, the ultra baggy pants thing does tend to hide his lower body, which is where a lot of Gilby's style resides. But he could skate in a garbage bag & he'd still have one of the greatest styles of all time. I'm looking forward to where he goes from here. I have a feeling there's gonna be a lot of different "eras" in this dude's skate career. He's obviously someone who goes all in with whatever it is he's into. Dig it.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #151 on: October 15, 2015, 12:50:53 PM »
do pants stop you from enjoying one of the greatest video parts of all time?
Ronnie Creager - World Industries - Trilogy

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 12:57:13 PM by art hellman »
hardly art, hardly starving

OldmanEpic

« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2015, 01:18:31 PM »

Checkmate...

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2015, 01:38:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That was awful. Worst pants in the history of skateboarding. Dude looked like a moron out there.
[close]

Holy fuck your pretty new to skateboarding arent you?

There was a time, believe it or not, when almost everyone wore size 38 blind jeans(in a rainbow of colors) with xxl tshirts and 36mm weels.

Anyhow, baggy pants make skateboarding look better and it should have never left.

[close]

If like 12 years skating is pretty new, then yeah, i'm pretty new to this whole thing.

Gilb's pants are worse than anyone in 411vm issue No. 1. He looks that bad.

Yeah, it's silly to critique pants, but when image is part of why dudes make it in this industry, he's blowing it. Imagine how much better this part would've been if he just had on some normal clothes.
[close]

I like the dude, but during his career, kenny reed pulled off some more questionable gear choices than Gilbert did here
[close]

Honestly, I don't remember Reed wearing shit that was too insane (granted it's been awhile since I've watched his skating though) -- If we're talking about iPath dudes, then Matt Field's kits (and shit he wears today) are on another level.

I feel like I remember some pretty wack hats and dashiki type kits in photos. Could be wrong

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2015, 06:57:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Checkmate...

Tom Penny - Etnies High 5

Game set match

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

OldmanEpic

« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2015, 07:11:06 PM »

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2015, 11:09:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That was awful. Worst pants in the history of skateboarding. Dude looked like a moron out there.
[close]

There was a time, believe it or not, when almost everyone wore size 38 blind jeans(in a rainbow of colors) with xxl tshirts and 36mm weels.

Anyhow, baggy pants make skateboarding look better and it should have never left.

[close]

If like 12 years skating is pretty new, then yeah, i'm pretty new to this whole thing.

Yeah, it's silly to critique pants, but when image is part of why dudes make it in this industry, he's blowing it. Imagine how much better this part would've been if he just had on some normal clothes.
[close]

I like the dude, but during his career, kenny reed pulled off some more questionable gear choices than Gilbert did here

Not as big of a moron who has a Dirty Ghetto Kids tattoo.....

EDIT: dude im on your instagram and you just generally are a moron
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 11:17:55 PM by tobey »

Jonorhea

• Rep: -5
« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2015, 11:40:36 PM »
^hahahahahha

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #158 on: October 16, 2015, 12:23:37 AM »
Ouch! :o I guess tobey really can find people's insta accounts.

Just watched it again and he sort of gives off a maldonado/ barley vibe circa welcome to hell

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #159 on: October 17, 2015, 10:36:02 AM »
Wait, were there baggy pants in this part? Jesus.

The best part of his skating is it never really looks that planned.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2015, 11:29:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Who are you talking to?I don't have an instagram, or any tattoos. You re way off. I didnt even really say anything negative to begin with

Yo fuck you tobey that dude can't find anything. All you do is bitch on here and try to get laid over the phone
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 11:33:22 PM by childhood »

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #161 on: October 17, 2015, 11:51:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Who are you talking to?I don't have an instagram, or any tattoos. You re way off. I didnt even really say anything negative to begin with

Yo fuck you tobey that dude can't find anything. All you do is bitch on here and try to get laid over the phone

first off boy wasn't talking about you and if you were so interested in my posts you know i been getting laid daily with out tinder (thats what you meant by me on the phone right?)

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #162 on: October 17, 2015, 11:59:32 PM »
I'm not interested in your posts, I think it's pretty pathetic you feel the need to post about that stuff on here really, but you quoted the text in a way that made it look like you were talking about me, without clarifying who you were referring to.
What was I supposed to think? Boy

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #163 on: October 18, 2015, 12:06:44 AM »
I'm not interested in your posts, I think it's pretty pathetic you feel the need to post about that stuff on here really, but you quoted the text in a way that made it look like you were talking about me, without clarifying who you were referring to.
What was I supposed to think? Boy

Or maybe i was referring to the person that said "moron", thats why said moron a couple of times during my post.

Who are you again?

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #164 on: October 18, 2015, 12:13:57 AM »
Yeah it def looked like you were quoting someone like six things back ::)
I'm the dude who doesn't have a fucking Family Guy(I think?) avatar and almost 3k posts trying to get laid on a skate messageboard

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #165 on: October 18, 2015, 12:43:29 AM »
I'm the dude who doesn't have a fucking Family Guy(I think?) avatar and almost 3k posts trying to get laid on a skate messageboard

um i used tinder to get laid not slap, even though my pick up line is " i have a positive rep on slap"

edit: why you getting so butt hurt? you from Florida also like that dude?

double edit: can you please respond fast so we can continue this shit talking? I am wasted and just jerked off so i dont know how long ill be up for
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 12:50:30 AM by tobey »

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #166 on: October 18, 2015, 01:06:53 AM »

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQZmCJUSC6g

abudabi

« Reply #167 on: October 18, 2015, 12:25:07 PM »
to get this thread back on track, this post is either bitching about gilbert's pants or bitching about bitching about gilbert's pants, your pick.

Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • PHILA
« Reply #168 on: October 18, 2015, 12:50:03 PM »
yeah well I get laid so much without even trying also i can ollie 5 decks and manual further than u also my dad can beat up ur dad

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
« Reply #169 on: October 18, 2015, 01:00:22 PM »
I've watched this part 4 times now and not once I've I wasted a single brain cell thinking about or even noticing his pants

They're just fucking baggy pants and half you dudes act like he's wearing a thong made of kitten fur.  get over it
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #170 on: October 18, 2015, 01:12:38 PM »
yeah well I get laid so much without even trying also i can ollie 5 decks and manual further than u also my dad can beat up ur dad

Doing it all wrong

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #171 on: October 19, 2015, 08:55:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Doing it all wrong

We used to call 360 flips "girls" back in the day, because every time girls used to come to the skatepark, everyone would just start hucking 360 flips. It's science, and in turn, cannot be fucked with.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2015, 11:19:52 AM »
The backside nosegrind and kickflip backside 5050 at the end on that tall hubba were my favorite tricks.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #173 on: February 21, 2023, 07:52:50 AM »
Nothing really to do with this part, but holy fuck! The Salt Life guy (age 56) shot and killed his 18yo girlfriend (10yo when Gilbert’s part came out). Then left her decomposing body in a hotel room.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/20/salt-lifes-michael-hutto-gets-12-years-for-manslaughter/amp/

donkey

• Rep: -65
  • donk
« Reply #174 on: February 21, 2023, 08:00:11 AM »
Nothing really to do with this part, but holy fuck! The Salt Life guy (age 56) shot and killed his 18yo girlfriend (10yo when Gilbert’s part came out). Then left her decomposing body in a hotel room.

https://nypost.com/2023/02/20/salt-lifes-michael-hutto-gets-12-years-for-manslaughter/amp/

yo that is so insane!!! crazy but also thank you for reminding me of this part - this is one of my favorite skate videos of all time

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #175 on: February 21, 2023, 08:04:27 AM »
dawg theres simply no way that salt life came out 8 years ago. i refuse to believe that.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2023, 08:12:46 AM »
the salt life chose him

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #177 on: February 21, 2023, 09:15:55 AM »
so funny going back thru this thread and seeing how tripped out people were on his pants
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #178 on: February 21, 2023, 09:29:55 AM »
so funny going back thru this thread and seeing how tripped out people were on his pants
What were the pants of 2015 dickies 873s? I guess that would be like if instead of big boys somebody wore size 72 pants now

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1135
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2023, 09:39:39 AM »
Thanks for the bump fuck that dude. As mentioned above I can’t believe this was 8 years ago. That kickflip over the barrier and how he went up the curb has been burnt into my brain since the day this released