Author Topic: Dogs  (Read 16513 times)

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
Re: Dogs
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2016, 07:51:50 AM »
just keep trying different words, that should do it.

see, I've already admitted I don't know what I'm doing and asked for suggestions, so I don't get the sarcasm really.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2016, 09:08:35 AM »
We have a Boston puppy that my wife brought to the vet because she was concerned with him being lethargic. Hundreds of dollars in tests later the vet has confirmed my dog is chill as fuck.

swag nollies

« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2016, 01:16:09 PM »
My dogs better than all yalls. This dude lives like a king I take em everywhere no leash, always by my side, MeyuH Niuhhgaa. Hes a plack poodle/something like terrier mix. Like this but my dog got wild crazy curlyish hair. :-* love you bud :'(

I take some dog drugs and he likes some human drugs so its cool and we share and bond.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2016, 01:21:36 PM »
We have a Boston puppy that my wife brought to the vet because she was concerned with him being lethargic. Hundreds of dollars in tests later the vet has confirmed my dog is chill as fuck.

you think he might be using?

straight

« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2016, 01:49:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

you think he might be using?

Good point jb. I'd check under his dog bed.

7 year old

« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2016, 04:36:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

see, I've already admitted I don't know what I'm doing and asked for suggestions, so I don't get the sarcasm really.
i was just kiddin  :(

glutton.

« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2016, 11:28:08 AM »
I'm thinking about taking a road trip and adopting a dog that's about to be euthanized from a kill shelter. I've been looking for, "open admission animal shelters," on Google and haven't found anything close by.

Edit: Does anyone have any experience with an open admission shelter...job, volunteering, adopting? I guess I would want to get one from an overcrowded area, so possibly NY.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 11:30:01 AM by glutton. »

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2016, 03:15:57 PM »
But did they give you, I mean him, the good drugs?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Jordick

« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2016, 03:21:01 PM »
I'm thinking about taking a road trip and adopting a dog that's about to be euthanized from a kill shelter. I've been looking for, "open admission animal shelters," on Google and haven't found anything close by.

Edit: Does anyone have any experience with an open admission shelter...job, volunteering, adopting? I guess I would want to get one from an overcrowded area, so possibly NY.
that's great that you wanna rescue one from being killed. You could find a no-kill animal shelter too, which always need help because of constant overcrowding. A lot of the time they transfer dogs from the no-kills to the pound when they really need to control the population.

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2016, 10:12:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i was just kiddin  :(

ah my bad, I think I just read that in my own voice and therefore assumed it had more sass than it did. sawwwy

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2016, 02:22:33 AM »
I'm just going to vent here a little:

an older female coworker brought a rescue pup to work a couple of times, since it was only 4 months old at the time she got her and she was working on her separation anxiety. I believe it was her fist dog too. Anyway, I got to pet the dog and we connected a bit, because I also have a relatively young dog. So it was our only topic for conversation

Fast forward 4 months and I ask her how her dog is doing in school (the pup had issues with barking at all dogs) and then she drops the bomb. DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T LIKE TRAGEDIES INVOLVING DOGS. Her dog was ran over by a car in the most terrifying way possible. She was walking her at night on the sidewalk and was picking up her poop, when suddenly her dog jumped into the street (in front of a car) because she saw a dog on the other side of the road. She was using that flexible leash that extends. I mean, I did not ask for details, but just picturing myself (and my dog) in that situation is sickening.

Stay safe out there, our little doggos can do silly stuff that ends badly.

Howie

• Rep: 9
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2016, 04:14:28 AM »
My parents got a puppy earlier this year, It's one of the definite highlights of visiting them now.
She's a Japanese Spitz, this is the most recent photo I have, she's like 3 months old there but she's almost 6 months old and quite a bit bigger now.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2016, 07:11:36 AM »
I'm just going to vent here a little:

an older female coworker brought a rescue pup to work a couple of times, since it was only 4 months old at the time she got her and she was working on her separation anxiety. I believe it was her fist dog too. Anyway, I got to pet the dog and we connected a bit, because I also have a relatively young dog. So it was our only topic for conversation

Fast forward 4 months and I ask her how her dog is doing in school (the pup had issues with barking at all dogs) and then she drops the bomb. DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T LIKE TRAGEDIES INVOLVING DOGS. Her dog was ran over by a car in the most terrifying way possible. She was walking her at night on the sidewalk and was picking up her poop, when suddenly her dog jumped into the street (in front of a car) because she saw a dog on the other side of the road. She was using that flexible leash that extends. I mean, I did not ask for details, but just picturing myself (and my dog) in that situation is sickening.

Stay safe out there, our little doggos can do silly stuff that ends badly.
That sucks. I can't stand those extendable leads. The people that use them generally know nothing about dogs. Earlier this year I was riding my bike home when a guy crosses the street in front of me, it's dark but I see his older dog a few meters behind him but didn't see the extendable lead until the very last second. I braked in time but if I didn't I probably would have dragged his dog right into myself.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2016, 11:49:32 AM »
got this little jerk about a month ago.  she's awesome.  i named her after Lydia from beetlejuice:

Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

shit_for_brains

« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2016, 11:55:47 AM »
Boston or Frenchie? I don't think Bostons get full brindle like that do they? My wife and I got a Boston puppy two months ago and recently discovered he is going to max out at 7lbs instead of the normal 20 so that's cool. Our golden retriever loves him she just licks his dick all day so they both got pretty good deals.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2016, 12:05:00 PM »
she's a frenchie.  i've wanted one forever, but way out of my price range.  my dad got me a hookup through a friend of his and i managed to scrape the cash together.  tried to get a rescue for a few years, but that's easier said then done. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

BMCsteve

« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2016, 09:20:16 AM »
My guys from puppies to seniors.  First pic is from 2006 and the second pic is from 2016

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:24:51 AM by BMCsteve »

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #77 on: October 14, 2016, 10:09:10 AM »
^^^ Rad!
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #78 on: October 14, 2016, 10:15:29 AM »

KronLaFlare

• Rep: -20
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2017, 01:05:25 PM »

christ0v

• Rep: 15
« Reply #80 on: January 11, 2017, 06:31:19 AM »
Guys, are your female dogs spayed ? We are getting our spayed next week and i read a lot of different opinions.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #81 on: January 11, 2017, 07:01:04 AM »
Guys, are your female dogs spayed ? We are getting our spayed next week and i read a lot of different opinions.

We haven't spayed our 3 year old female.  Likely won't.  My wife read a ton of stuff and decided it's really bad for them.  Our male is neutered and it's not like she's around a bunch of unleashed/un-neutered dogs all that often.  Maybe at the dog park, but people there often say stuff to people who bring intact male dogs.  Only thing I've noticed is a few drops of blood every few months, but we have hard wood floors, so not a big deal. 

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2017, 10:11:54 AM »
Our amstaff is neutered and the reasons can be found with google. She bled a lot and had phantom pregnancies which is very bad (can lead to cancer).

Here she is celebrating her second birthday with her pals (all trained dogs) two weeks ago:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMcT7O8TAT3Kc6R1F9wC40sH1M3vS2cEnL47JH1uVDSc4Y_dxmU2y3mqNwnEUFCoQ?key=Wk91Mnp2UXFwcDZ0bUhGTjFRM1c2NzBZRXJpTTJB

Wife trains her and loves her to death, so this little party was her idea. It turned out great and well do it again for sure.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 10:14:23 AM by KoRnholio8 »

christ0v

• Rep: 15
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2017, 02:20:05 PM »
Our's had her first period for around two or three weeks. And the blood varied, but there was  week where she stunk so bad that we had to open the windows every 30min or less (and that's a shih tzu, i cant imagine whats if the dog is over 30-40kg).
I also read about the phantom pregnancies and breat cancer and thats one of the reason we are going to spay her

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2017, 02:39:41 PM »
Mine's spayed, she was just too tempting for male dogs. Funny thing is she was a massive lesbian until she was about 8, she would hump other female dogs and her and her girlfriends would lick each others bits. Any male that tried it with her she would defend her business end teeth and growling.  Then she kinda grew out of that and now likes sniffing the biggest dogs balls.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 02:41:18 PM by SodaJerk »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2017, 03:07:42 PM »
Our female is spayed, she came from the SPCA so that's what happens. It's good because she isn't doing gross dog periods all over the house and the attempts at sexual assault at the dog park are kept to a minimum. Part of me wishes she wasn't fixed so we could keep having different versions of her until we die, but that's how it goes. Our Boston isn't neutered yet but he will be because he's turning into a real asshole. My wife is probably going to get some of his jizz frozen so we can refuse to let him go.

Casey Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -53
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2017, 03:38:54 PM »
get Pet insurance. It sounds stupid, maybe you'll never need it. But my dog is 4 and he slipped a disc in his back somehow mysteriously last year. Woke up one morning and he couldn't walk. We had to take him in for emergency surgery or else he would have been on wheels for the rest of his life within a few hours I guess. His nerves were like cut off. it was a little over $7,000 out the door which I had to pay. It wasn't even guaranteed to work haha. Fucking most stressful moment of my life. Couldn't not give him a chance though. Now he's fine.

I doubt anything like that will happen to you, but I have Healthy Paws now and its about 30 dollars a month. They will cover 80 percent of every incident. Wish I had it when this happened.

Congrats on the pup! Dogs are fun. They really do brighten up your life. I love coming home and having this little thing super stoked to see me. Even if I have a bad day, it's like "What's up dude!" I don't have kids so it's kind of like he gives me a sense of purpose... or something...

It's weird that I'm at the age now (27) where I would say "I don't have kids..." becuase lots of people my age have kids now haha! Damn.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 03:45:42 PM by Casey Jones »

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2017, 06:14:19 PM »
Do dogs benefit from the ACA? How did this one get in with a pre-existing condition?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2017, 07:57:45 AM »
get Pet insurance. It sounds stupid, maybe you'll never need it.

Wait. People out there dont get pet insurance ?

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2017, 08:18:00 AM »
Expand Quote
get Pet insurance. It sounds stupid, maybe you'll never need it.
[close]

Wait. People out there dont get pet insurance ?

I didn't. Just checked the latest offers and you can get only 3000? yearly coverage for their most expensive insurance. I am thinking of it, but there are a lot of details to consider.