• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
Re: Dogs
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2017, 03:59:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
get Pet insurance. It sounds stupid, maybe you'll never need it.
[close]

Wait. People out there dont get pet insurance ?
[close]

I didn't. Just checked the latest offers and you can get only 3000? yearly coverage for their most expensive insurance. I am thinking of it, but there are a lot of details to consider.

Maybe its a country / company thing. Im getting both my future dogs insurance. It will cover most of the costs if they need operations or get sick and so on

So with getting your dog castrated / neuterd . How much does the dog change ?. Im worried about the dog becoming a total wimp after it. Now I dont want my dog fighting other dogs ofc but if he does get attacked and I didnt have the chance to step in / block the other dog . I dont want him to be a wimp and just get his ass kicked

I do know the benefits from it, I had a dog when I was a kid and he was alot of the times pissed off at other males and when female dogs were in heat he went crazy , wimpering , howling , and sometimes running away.

So do they become total wimps ? or ?

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2017, 04:26:06 PM »
Just have them remove one ball.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2017, 04:23:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I didn't. Just checked the latest offers and you can get only 3000? yearly coverage for their most expensive insurance. I am thinking of it, but there are a lot of details to consider.
[close]

Maybe its a country / company thing. Im getting both my future dogs insurance. It will cover most of the costs if they need operations or get sick and so on

So with getting your dog castrated / neuterd . How much does the dog change ?. Im worried about the dog becoming a total wimp after it. Now I dont want my dog fighting other dogs ofc but if he does get attacked and I didnt have the chance to step in / block the other dog . I dont want him to be a wimp and just get his ass kicked

I do know the benefits from it, I had a dog when I was a kid and he was alot of the times pissed off at other males and when female dogs were in heat he went crazy , wimpering , howling , and sometimes running away.

Dogs don't become wimps if you have them neutered. They just become easier to handle and as far as holding their own that's down to the dog not the contents of their sack. My small spayed bitch puts large unfixed dogs in their place all the time.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2017, 05:18:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Choose Agria!

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2017, 08:16:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Choose Agria!

Yeah last dog was with Agria and that worked great. Next 2 will be on Agria aswell , they seemed to have a good deal aswell . Like 20 bucks a month and it covers pretty much everything

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2017, 02:27:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Choose Agria!
[close]

Yeah last dog was with Agria and that worked great. Next 2 will be on Agria aswell , they seemed to have a good deal aswell . Like 20 bucks a month and it covers pretty much everything

Glad you had a good experience with our group. Feel free to get more insuranses från Länsförsäkringar.

"Vi har sänkt våra fondavgifter!"

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2019, 09:17:12 PM »

All the cats getting love, had to bump for my babies

Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2019, 09:28:07 PM »
Dogs are Awesome! I have a 7 year old Pit/Huskie mix that's been a great house dog. There's a certain attitude that dogs have when they only know the indoor life and tend to be very spoiled. My dog still hates tap water and knows the difference because we would only give her bottled water when she was a puppy. As far as food I use Taste of the Wild. Its pretty expensive but it has some of the best ingredients out there and use flax seed oil sometimes with the food to brighten up her coat. The only downfall to any dog that's even remotely mixed with husky is the insane amount of shedding they do. You'll have to swiffer your house daily and get her groomed to avoid constant piles of hairs all over the house. Dogs are more than pets, they become family and should be treated with great care and not just left out alone in a backyard.

Omg, I dont remember this post. Those that have seen me post my dog here and there know how much I loved my dog. Ughh I miss her  :'(

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1418
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2019, 09:39:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Dogs are Awesome! I have a 7 year old Pit/Huskie mix that's been a great house dog. There's a certain attitude that dogs have when they only know the indoor life and tend to be very spoiled. My dog still hates tap water and knows the difference because we would only give her bottled water when she was a puppy. As far as food I use Taste of the Wild. Its pretty expensive but it has some of the best ingredients out there and use flax seed oil sometimes with the food to brighten up her coat. The only downfall to any dog that's even remotely mixed with husky is the insane amount of shedding they do. You'll have to swiffer your house daily and get her groomed to avoid constant piles of hairs all over the house. Dogs are more than pets, they become family and should be treated with great care and not just left out alone in a backyard.

[close]

Omg, I dont remember this post. Those that have seen me post my dog here and there know how much I loved my dog. Ughh I miss her  :'(

Those loving eyes! She's beautiful, sorry for your loss

I realize people were talking about neutering in 17, but... if you want the pup to have his hormones, couldn't you just get him a vasectomy? Does it cost too much or something?
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2019, 10:26:54 AM »
I can't sort pictures but me and the missus take in deaf dogs.
We have 2 (Luna and Alva) both deaf since birth.

People think it'd be a task but honestly it's way easier (no barking at post/fireworks/other dogs).
You get to surprise them when you get home and they're asleep and that's the best.

They learn sign language super quickly. I taught mine "sit, stay, want some food, quiet, want a walk" in a matter o months.

Only downside is you can never let them off a lead outside.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Freight Train

« Reply #100 on: September 25, 2019, 08:05:33 AM »
Bumpin this thread just cause. There's my lil girl. Half Yorkie/Shih Tzu. Her name's Carly and she's as sweet as pie.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #101 on: September 25, 2019, 09:05:37 AM »

I was going through a lot of tough things when I found my big dog, it was pissing down rain he was camped out under my quarterpipe that was 3 years ago and it’s been history ever since.
https://imgur.com/bkaNn6u
https://imgur.com/Bub73j0
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 09:32:32 AM by DarthDingusMaximus »
Dueces Bitch's

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #102 on: September 25, 2019, 12:32:02 PM »
This is my guy Hank.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #103 on: September 25, 2019, 03:29:42 PM »
Hank looks like a homie who's up for an adventure.

My good friend wanted to take some dog photos with his flashes and light setup and got some good ones of my dog Buddy. Looks handsome as fuck. Sorry they're so big.

Irvine-Sucks.com

JohnnySaintLethal

• Rep: 13
« Reply #104 on: September 25, 2019, 07:12:00 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByyNRYUHpdG/?igshid=1875tm67sao9o

My pup, she’s almost 1. Adopted from a local shelter at 3 months. Keeps me mentally sane. She’s like my best friend already. I like when she follows me to the bathroom while I take a shit. She’s like husky/Sheppard/chow chow/pit bull. Full mutt. She’s cool. Dogs are cool.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1467
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2019, 05:58:31 AM »
not the best photo, but I cannot be bothered to upload another one available to public :

bunny passed away a month ago (10 years old), the middle two amstaffs are ours and the black german sheppard mix is from my in-laws. anyway, they are a full time commitment since my wife trains them in various disciplines (obedience and also strength sports)

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2019, 06:51:38 AM »
We have a 10 year old golden retriever called Molly, we’ve had her since she was seven.
Here she is on her first ever camping trip in the mountains, two years ago.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2019, 11:33:20 AM »
Nothing but hero dogs in here!

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2019, 02:05:22 PM »
Here's my weirdo

And here she is out back of the bar last Sunday when we were watching the Eagles lose

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #109 on: September 26, 2019, 04:37:46 PM »
RCB3 that's an adorable looking dog and a rad shot haha

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #110 on: September 26, 2019, 05:17:58 PM »
You guys have some beautiful dogs. Only dog I claim lives at my moms. Gonna get one next year when me and my lady get a place together. Want a black lab but will probably just adopt one that needs a home. No small dogs though, I don’t really like them. If my current place wasn’t so small I would get a cat. But the place is so small that I don’t have anywhere for a litter box and if I did, no matter where it’s at the whole place would smell like cat shit.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422
« Reply #111 on: September 26, 2019, 08:19:48 PM »
RCB3 that's an adorable looking dog and a rad shot haha

Thanks! And stoked on my friends photo too. He's a professional photo retoucher and a great photographer, so I love how this looks.

And 50mm, my black lab was a rescue dog, so if you get lucky you can get a black lab who's a rescue as well!

Irvine-Sucks.com

brisvegass

• Rep: 0
« Reply #112 on: September 26, 2019, 11:41:56 PM »
My 100lb English Bull.

He's in charge of board stash security

he looks grumpy, but happy

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #113 on: October 03, 2019, 06:56:58 PM »
Update: Been 2 years now and my dog is still dead. Will keep you posted.

Rick_Kane

« Reply #114 on: October 03, 2019, 07:10:05 PM »
I choose not to own a dog because of how stupid and obnoxious they are. Fuck your dogs.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: October 03, 2019, 11:37:31 PM »
I choose not to own a dog because of how stupid and obnoxious they are. Fuck your dogs.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: October 03, 2019, 11:53:08 PM »

Ok, crazy cat lady.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1467
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2019, 01:25:00 PM »
My wife and I have been having a very rough two weeks now with at least two rough ones ahead.

On October 30th, our 5 year old amstaff Cara (she has food allergies) projectile vomited  everything she ate late in the evening. 1st and 2nd of November are holidays in Slovenia, so suspecting food allergies we took her to my wife's former classmate from the veterinary school who works as a veterinarian (my wife does not).

She got meds to stop her feeling sick and infusion liquid that we could also use at home for as long a the dog needed to overcome this reaction. By the wee hours of November 3rd her condition only worsened and we decided to head back to the city where the biggest clinic is and where we could find surgeons if anything serious was wrong.

Ultrasound showed some mild bowel obstruction and we decided to give her some laxative meds for the obstruction to pass. The obstruction went away, but her condition kept on worsening and by Saturday evening only the on-call surgeon would be available. Emergency surgery was performed and 2 inches of her small intestines were removed. She somehow swallowed a whole peach pit and it could have been inside her for weeks slowly destroying the intestines.

We got to see her on Sunday and my wife's first reaction was "this is some very very sloppy stitching on her lower abdomen". We got to take her home on Monday in the afternoon, because the stress of being in the hospice was hindering her progress. From then on up to today her progress was hit an miss and we were back at the vets each day. Yesterday, she looked very good all things considered, but had a sleepless night feeling nauseous and drooling.

We were complaining about the stitching the whole week trying to point out that such a sloppy job on the inside would be disastrous. We were med with only alternative explanations and test upon test day after day.

Today, the whole story unravelled. Lab results showed that the inside stitches probably gave way and that a repeat surgery is needed or else she dies (they tried to postpone even that). When the best surgeon in the clinic was done with her, another 13 inches of her intestines had to be removed and the previous job was deemed a disaster (reading between the lines). She has woken up from the surgery and she has a very hard recovery ahead of her. Dying is a possibility still.

We are going to demand a refund or sue them, because the first surgery was performed by the on-call veterinarian and not the on-call surgeon. Our stress level are though the roof and will continue to be for some time now. Luckily we were both able to have very dynamic work schedules this week, but I don't think next two weeks will be so easy in this regard.

Dogs are like family and it fucking sucks when they are sick.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #118 on: November 08, 2019, 05:46:18 PM »
^ That is heavy man and your right dogs are like family 100%, pretty fucked they did such a sloppy job with the first surgery, someone has to be accountable for it.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #119 on: November 08, 2019, 11:16:24 PM »
My brother has a dog named Kiba that he doesn't take out or hang with enough. My brother seems to think teaching Kiba a couple tricks and petting him for a few minutes while babytalking is enough interaction. He just stays outside the house super bored and I feel super guilty about it. Now the fool is on house arrest so he can't even take Kiba out the little amount that he would before. I want him to be taken away and given to someone else. I live in a no animal apartment so I couldn't take him even if my brother allowed it. Anyway, here's a picture of me and Kiba.

http://www.instagram.com/p/B4LuIYfl0fq/
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?