Author Topic: Dogs  (Read 16446 times)

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -64
Re: Dogs
« Reply #150 on: July 20, 2020, 10:24:32 PM »

Just adopted this beast. She's a good girl.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #151 on: July 21, 2020, 10:44:36 AM »

Just adopted this beast. She's a good girl.

Deserves all the tennis balls. You take good care of her. Keep that smile on her face.

rupertspupkin

• Rep: 11
« Reply #152 on: July 21, 2020, 01:48:34 PM »
Does anyone in here feed raw? Been thinking about switching to it but it seems mad expensive.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #153 on: July 21, 2020, 02:21:30 PM »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Yushin Okami

• Rep: 115
« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2020, 03:16:32 PM »
Does anyone in here feed raw? Been thinking about switching to it but it seems mad expensive.

I do, yeah. Up until my dog was about 2 he always had stomach issues. I tried to feed him the best kibble I could find but he would have diarrhea about 50% of the time. I switched him to a raw diet and his issues went away literally overnight. He's been on it for 10 years and in addition to having no issues with his digestion (with the exception of any time he's been sick), he's incredibly healthy for being 12 and people are often surprised by his age.

That said, it's mad expensive.
We all know you have two sexy anthropomorphic wolves who buttfuck each other on the bottom of your board.

Wheelbyte

• Rep: -34
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2020, 09:07:46 PM »

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #156 on: July 24, 2020, 04:47:02 AM »
my wife wants to feed our dogs raw, but corona has made it very hard to get second-grade venison (dogs are allergic to anything else)

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #157 on: July 24, 2020, 05:33:51 PM »
I know it sounds whack but I feed my dog hunt of the wild grain free venison sometimes with pumpkin guts and last nights baked chicken or turkey.
Dueces Bitch's

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #158 on: August 26, 2020, 09:17:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Dogs are Awesome! I have a 7 year old Pit/Huskie mix that's been a great house dog. There's a certain attitude that dogs have when they only know the indoor life and tend to be very spoiled. My dog still hates tap water and knows the difference because we would only give her bottled water when she was a puppy. As far as food I use Taste of the Wild. Its pretty expensive but it has some of the best ingredients out there and use flax seed oil sometimes with the food to brighten up her coat. The only downfall to any dog that's even remotely mixed with husky is the insane amount of shedding they do. You'll have to swiffer your house daily and get her groomed to avoid constant piles of hairs all over the house. Dogs are more than pets, they become family and should be treated with great care and not just left out alone in a backyard.

[close]

Omg, I dont remember this post. Those that have seen me post my dog here and there know how much I loved my dog. Ughh I miss her  :'(

Happy international dog day to all you guys. I ended making a zine recently with a few skaters talking about their dogs. I coincidentally ended up using this same pic I posted here 5 years ago. Let me know if you guys would want one.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CEW9HACFUwI/?igshid=1jioc5em7zmsk

GliderSkateboards

• Rep: 35
« Reply #159 on: December 26, 2021, 11:17:05 PM »
Got my lil girl this sweet ass tiger costume for Chrimbus. It was $3 at the Goodwill. She likes it, it's soft warm fleece and fits her perfect

Love that first picture, sweet costume and dog

chocosnewlife

• Rep: 0
« Reply #160 on: December 27, 2021, 10:21:09 AM »
I know it sounds whack but I feed my dog hunt of the wild grain free venison sometimes with pumpkin guts and last nights baked chicken or turkey.
Thats not wack at all. My friends grandma used to cook a meal for her dog every meal.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2021, 05:44:05 PM »
I shower with my dog to bathe him since he's a small dog. I make sure he's been pooped and peed before. He doesn't fight or act like he wants out unlike just bathing him in the tub. I can take my time being sure he's well lathered and rinsed. I like not having to fight him. Once he's clean, I dry him off and put him on my bed. I shower myself and then I take the bedsheets to the laundry room.

Is this weird?

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYIShtuID1J/?utm_medium=copy_link
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 06:09:51 PM by layzieyez »

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #162 on: December 31, 2021, 12:29:19 AM »
the weird part is you have to put him in your bed, haha. our dogs see it as the default place to dry themselves even further by rolling and pilling all the covers in a big pile.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #163 on: December 31, 2021, 12:41:22 AM »
I shower with my dog to bathe him since he's a small dog. I make sure he's been pooped and peed before. He doesn't fight or act like he wants out unlike just bathing him in the tub. I can take my time being sure he's well lathered and rinsed. I like not having to fight him. Once he's clean, I dry him off and put him on my bed. I shower myself and then I take the bedsheets to the laundry room.

Is this weird?

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYIShtuID1J/?utm_medium=copy_link
It's not weird. When my dog needs a bath, I have to take a shower with him. His main breed mix is predisposed to not like water, so he fights. He would never chill enough for a regular bath. I have in the past, had to get naked and chase him through the house just to get him into the shower.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2022, 01:06:00 PM »
My dog happily followed me into the shower today for his bath. This is the way to go.

Paul_Glider Skateboards

• Rep: 56
« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2022, 02:02:16 PM »
Just an appreciation post of my dog, Oz, who we adopted from Korea last year. According to Embark, her breed is straight up labeled as a "Korean Village Dog", whatever that means, haha

https://embarkvet.com/resources/dog-breeds/japanese-and-korean-village-dog/

The best dog

-
We're a board company that specializes in the twin tail shape
www.instagram.com/gliderskateboards
www.gliderskateboards.com

DM us on IG if you're ever interested. We offer Slap Pals a generous discount!

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • SkateMagArchive
« Reply #166 on: January 30, 2022, 08:40:19 AM »
Just buried my first dog, she only got to be 7 years old. She lived with end stage cancer for four months and decided today that she ha had enough and she completely shut down. She was always a fiesty one, but she took her last shots with no fight in her at all. She died peacefully and with dignity. She is leaving a huge hole in our hearts, RIP.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #167 on: January 30, 2022, 01:03:14 PM »
I'm so very sorry for your loss. It hurts so much, but she no longer has to suffer from her illness. RIP to your sweet girl.

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #168 on: January 30, 2022, 02:32:58 PM »
Sorry to hear, my dog also just passed.

I was working away and got a call to say my dog was on the side of the road. She would've been 17 this year, and I had been expecting it anytime, just maybe not as full on.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Paul_Glider Skateboards

• Rep: 56
« Reply #169 on: January 30, 2022, 05:12:58 PM »
Just buried my first dog, she only got to be 7 years old. She lived with end stage cancer for four months and decided today that she ha had enough and she completely shut down. She was always a fiesty one, but she took her last shots with no fight in her at all. She died peacefully and with dignity. She is leaving a huge hole in our hearts, RIP.

Too soon and so sudden, so sorry to hear for you and Rukes

-
We're a board company that specializes in the twin tail shape
www.instagram.com/gliderskateboards
www.gliderskateboards.com

DM us on IG if you're ever interested. We offer Slap Pals a generous discount!

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #170 on: June 06, 2023, 01:53:49 AM »
Bump?

Here's Lincy, after taking a stinking bath in the swamp.

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 220
« Reply #171 on: June 06, 2023, 05:37:17 AM »
My Boston Lily…

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #172 on: June 06, 2023, 07:10:04 AM »
My condolences to everyone experiencing pet loss. I get bummed out whenever I know that me and my guy Biz Markie won’t make it to old age together. This was my filmer board but now hangs out on my wall in the living room.

For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #173 on: June 16, 2023, 09:25:46 AM »
Anyone have experience dealing with nervous/anxious dogs?

My boy starts barking whenever he hears the building door opening/shutting, when someone enters our house, when we buzz someone in and in a lot of different situations.

The last two weeks I have started to let him loose on our walks and to my surprise he behaves much better than I anticipated given his "specs"

Sometimes if we leave the house he keeps quiet but sometimes he starts barking and it's non stop and idk why

This past month we tried those calming collars but we actually don't know if it did anything

Maybe I need to tire him out in the morning so that he stays calm throughout the day? We go on major walks sometimes and he seems relaxed when we get home but an hour or 2 later he's back being nervous...

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #174 on: June 16, 2023, 10:03:11 AM »
Yah that’s hard for sure, I think there are a few things going on that I can think of : 1) trying to normalize or take the edge off how the dog reacts to buzzing, noises in the building that trigger the dog 2) trying to find a way to make you leaving a positive experience for the dog. 

Tiring the dog out is a good way to help but I think the other two are prolly what’s driving it. 

For years we’d crate the dog, then penned him when we weren’t home and he’d bark….finally we caved and he jumped up on our bed and chilled…..I guess what I learned was finding what made him comfortable and it’s a fine line. 

It was painful though, if we left thr house, forgot something….if we went back he’d just start barking…..

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #175 on: September 01, 2023, 07:34:56 PM »
Our street rescue dog got into the garbage while we were out. No worries...an annoyance and some clean up but no biggie. Until the next day she started throwing up and stopped eating. Took her to the vets...they put her on fluids to see if she'd pass whatever she ate. Nope. X-rays showed a blockage. So operation it was. They pulled out those absorbent pads that come under your steaks when you buy a multipack. So just a heads up for all you doggie owners out there.
She's home now...but our TFSA account is kaput.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

sharkjumper

• Rep: 39
« Reply #176 on: September 06, 2023, 04:18:09 PM »
Anyone have experience dealing with nervous/anxious dogs?

My boy starts barking whenever he hears the building door opening/shutting, when someone enters our house, when we buzz someone in and in a lot of different situations.

The last two weeks I have started to let him loose on our walks and to my surprise he behaves much better than I anticipated given his "specs"

Sometimes if we leave the house he keeps quiet but sometimes he starts barking and it's non stop and idk why

This past month we tried those calming collars but we actually don't know if it did anything

Maybe I need to tire him out in the morning so that he stays calm throughout the day? We go on major walks sometimes and he seems relaxed when we get home but an hour or 2 later he's back being nervous...

It’s a long road, but this type of training works. Gotta stick with it.
https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/training/changing-your-dogs-behavior-with-desensitization-and-counter-conditioning/

Having a couple sessions with a dog trainer could help too.