Author Topic: "New"Alien Workshop  (Read 2599 times)

twinskates

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -24
"New"Alien Workshop
« on: October 28, 2015, 10:55:11 AM »
What you guys think about Alien Workshop of today? I watched the bunker down trailer but really don't like the way of editing. I still like the brand but... :'(

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
Re: "New"Alien Workshop
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 11:29:39 AM »
I was sort of  :'( when it went down initially. Then it resufaced and I was like  ??? . Then i was like  :-[ because it wasn't the same team. I've accepted it now partially. I liked paul liliani and brandon nguyen and am becoming familiar with others. It's different but I think that if they resurfaced with riders that were known already it would feel totally off. I like that it started off from scratch with riders who aren't well known. At this point, I don't feel that it's supposed to be the same thing as it was before. Seperate histories, sentiments, and art direction. Sort of strange but we'll see.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 04:47:42 AM »
I was sort of  :'( when it went down initially. Then it resufaced and I was like  ??? . Then i was like  :-[ because it wasn't the same team. I've accepted it now partially. I liked paul liliani and brandon nguyen and am becoming familiar with others. It's different but I think that if they resurfaced with riders that were known already it would feel totally off. I like that it started off from scratch with riders who aren't well known. At this point, I don't feel that it's supposed to be the same thing as it was before. Seperate histories, sentiments, and art direction. Sort of strange but we'll see.

i liked the bunker down vid....anyways i donīt care that itīs not the same team blabla- the boards are hella good and last me forever, art direction is still sick.

new all am team is one of the best things they could have done other than rename it!"

Goldenboy

• Rep: -1
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 04:30:40 PM »
When they put out that Indiana Jones movie - Crystal Skull, that was a bummer. I think i speak for all of us when i say i felt raw emotion when Junior went off that cliff on the top of that German tank. Then they put out Crystal Skull. It wasnt the same. The first dude in Bunker Down was rad. Alien Workshop held it down from 97 to 2009.

twinskates

• Rep: -24
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 11:08:34 AM »
Like the new team especially Joey Guevara, he's one of my fav since 2013. His part is amazing and the editing/filming is sick.. Miguel Valle is awesome. Frankie Spears and Max Garson rips. Don't like Paul Liliani. Art direction isn't the same of the Pendleton era, but I like Aws more than other brands out there. Hope on a comeback of Pendleton, it will be awesome.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 03:42:34 AM »
awful.  shameful.

no one should buy this shit

Microforrest

• Rep: -19
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 10:24:44 AM »
No Dill or Mikey Taylor, so really the best the brand has been for a while.
Olympic athletes have diets and train really hard.
Skateboarders eat candy, talk shit, and drink arizona iced teas.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2015, 08:47:45 PM »
awful.  shameful.

curious why you think this, its not nearly as bad as blueprint 2.0 and its back to the people who made it orginally.
I get that jake and gilbert etc kinda got fucked over but it sorta worked out better for them owning a new brand that
is instantly popular. Plus it gives a bunch of young dudes a chance.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2015, 06:30:49 AM »
Expand Quote
awful.  shameful.

[close]

curious why you think this, its not nearly as bad as blueprint 2.0 and its back to the people who made it orginally.
I get that jake and gilbert etc kinda got fucked over but it sorta worked out better for them owning a new brand that
is instantly popular. Plus it gives a bunch of young dudes a chance.

the Alien Workshop always was a cast of characters.  From Dyrdek, Bo, Lennie, and Josh to Dill, AVE, Dylan, Jake, and Pops, we were treated all sorts of different motherfuckers under the same umbrella.

i can't tell any of these kids apart.  they all skate the same types of spots.  they all dress the same.  hell, they're all even built the same.  it has no flavor. 

there hasn't been such a mass exodus of something so big since everyone quit Toy Machine... but Ed managed to keep it alive and still make it feel genuine when a bunch of new dudes got on (who were all different from each other unlike these new AWS cats)

it's nothing against the guys that ride for it... they just don't deserve to be on a dead brand. 

Coconut Lotion

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 04:05:35 AM »
Found this humourous

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2015, 09:44:24 PM »
What you guys think about Alien Workshop of today? I watched the bunker down trailer but really don't like the way of editing. I still like the brand but... :'(

Pretty much the same as yesterday, absolutely nothing.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE