Author Topic: Bunker Down AWS Video  (Read 17593 times)

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Bunker Down AWS Video
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2015, 06:59:05 PM »
I think that review writer used to post here. If it's who I'm thinking of, he's one of those people who would describe anyone who films more than three flip tricks in a part as a "robot" and "generic".
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

MaryhillVibe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • gfm
    • www.mudozine.com avatar image
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2015, 07:18:38 PM »
Expand Quote
"Maybe someone should hit up Quartersnacks to reedit this because they turned the shit show of �Mindfield� into something worth watching."
/opinion forever invalidated.

[close]
jenkem just kooked themselves into oblivion. mindfield is one of the greatest videos ever.

Perhaps attempting to pander to more critically acclaimed skateboarding websites and failing miserably?

Writer should have his hands taken for such blasphemy

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #122 on: November 02, 2015, 07:32:13 PM »
skating was good, music was horrible.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #123 on: November 02, 2015, 07:49:10 PM »
that jenkem article made me blush

foureyedjim

« Reply #124 on: November 02, 2015, 08:30:17 PM »
It's like the writer was born and raised in SLAP

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #125 on: November 02, 2015, 08:37:18 PM »
WACK. I couldn't tell anyone apart, music was terrible, nothing memorable tricks wise and the editing was shit.

alien should of stayed dead.

I fucking hate this comment that people are saying. You do realize their names pop up before their part right?

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #126 on: November 02, 2015, 09:14:35 PM »
I made this because I thought Max had the best footage and because the music sucked. I guess I was sort of sparked by the jenkem article too. I really wish there was a way to separate music and skate sounds so that I could have had those too :/

Max Garson Bunker Down Re Edit

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #127 on: November 02, 2015, 09:53:29 PM »
My bet is that Joey Guevara goes pro first. Also I noticed Alien flows Sammy Montano. Cool  8)

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #128 on: November 02, 2015, 10:32:57 PM »
I made this because I thought Max had the best footage and because the music sucked. I guess I was sort of sparked by the jenkem article too. I really wish there was a way to separate music and skate sounds so that I could have had those too :/

wasnt feeling the slow part but the faster part nailed it. thank you +1
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2015, 02:10:48 AM »
Bunker Down
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2015, 02:18:52 AM »
Expand Quote
WACK. I couldn't tell anyone apart, music was terrible, nothing memorable tricks wise and the editing was shit.

[close]

I fucking hate this comment that people are saying. You do realize their names pop up before their part right?

they're all built the same, have the same skill level, and look the same from clip to clip.  one thing all generations of AWS never shared.   

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2015, 06:54:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

they're all built the same, have the same skill level, and look the same from clip to clip.  one thing all generations of AWS never shared.  

Okay true ill give you that but how would you not be able to know who's part it is when it says their name before their part?

EDIT: i bet you guys liked Cherry
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 06:58:09 AM by tobey »

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2015, 06:58:24 AM »
Did they really take that shit down?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
« Reply #133 on: November 03, 2015, 07:53:38 AM »
hardly art, hardly starving

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

« Reply #134 on: November 03, 2015, 08:15:36 AM »
Way to stand behind your work Jenkem.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2015, 08:17:05 AM »
Besides some of their interviews Jenkem is pretty terrible tbh so I'm not surprised.

g.i.s.m.

• Rep: 34
« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2015, 08:28:04 AM »
jenkem should do a new article on how new, small, independent brands like polar and magenta are really dominating the market.. or how about top 10 best no complies!!!!

ianrussel

• Rep: 39
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2015, 09:15:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hey man -
it's ian
i did take down the stoned review.

the writer (cold pizza) actually used to post on here, i always thought he was really funny and we've done several "reviews" of a couple of other clips / vids. this one was def. more harsh than usual but i figured it wouldn't be taken too seriously.

long story short - woke up this morning with a big fuck you message from habitat. hit up one of the guys there and i really bummed him out and i'm sure a bunch of people over at Alien / habitat / ty .... the dude is not responding to my calls or text.

i've met the dude, he's super nice and always been helpful -  i worked with him on some stuff in the past
so yeah - it left me in this situation, do i stand by the post and have him and their crew completely bummed on me, or do i take it down, and bum out readers. i chose to take it down for now and try and work it out with them.

so yeah.. that's where i'm at right now. what would you have done?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #138 on: November 03, 2015, 09:42:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

hey man -
it's ian
i did take down the stoned review.

the writer (cold pizza) actually used to post on here, i always thought he was really funny and we've done several "reviews" of a couple of other clips / vids. this one was def. more harsh than usual but i figured it wouldn't be taken too seriously.

long story short - woke up this morning with a big fuck you message from habitat. hit up one of the guys there and i really bummed him out and i'm sure a bunch of people over at Alien / habitat / ty .... the dude is not responding to my calls or text.

i've met the dude, he's super nice and always been helpful -  i worked with him on some stuff in the past
so yeah - it left me in this situation, do i stand by the post and have him and their crew completely bummed on me, or do i take it down, and bum out readers. i chose to take it down for now and try and work it out with them.

so yeah.. that's where i'm at right now. what would you have done?

Read it before I posted it.

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2015, 10:35:31 AM »
so you posted an article trashing a company's video, and when peeps from that company come knocking on your door, you get scared and take the article down. LOL.

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #140 on: November 03, 2015, 10:40:50 AM »
Anybody have this controversial stoned review?! Nothing is ever gone on the internet according to the news...
p-shuvs and v-flips

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #141 on: November 03, 2015, 10:50:19 AM »
keep it up.  wouldn't taking it down be a step backwards and go against why you created Jenkem in the first place?  Big Brother wouldn't have pulled it.  it'd be their loss for not collaborating with Jenkem again.  not your/cold pizza's fault they're re-launching a carcass of a skateboard company under the false guise of nostalgia.

don't get Swanked.

(i mean no disrespect by this, and am not trying to be an internet tough guy.  this post is out of love for your site and the integrity (i think) it has.)

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2015, 10:52:03 AM »
Anybody have this controversial stoned review?! Nothing is ever gone on the internet according to the news...

yup, here.  shit is spot on other than the comment about Mindfield being shit... it's ok, we all say dumb stuff when we're stoned:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2015/11/02/a-stoned-review-of-alien-workshops-bunker-down/

shit_for_brains

« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2015, 11:05:52 AM »
If you want to criticize something you should make points and not just go "NYAH NYAH THIS SUCKS THE MUSIC SUCKS EVERYTHING SUCKS WAAH" which is exactly what he (and most people on here) did. If it was some jerk off on here or on their own blog, whatever who gives a shit, but jenkem is supposed to be an alternative to horse shit like Transworld or Ride channel or even Thrasher. It was poorly written by an idiot and, for a "magazine" named after shit and piss juice, made the whole thing stink. A bad review is fine and I don't mind people having differing opinions than I do, but that was just some dipshit pissing and moaning. People say dumb stuff when they're stoned, and people run over other people when they're drunk.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2015, 11:06:58 AM »
Thank you for posting that, iwshilvd !

foley_

• Rep: 7
« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2015, 11:19:11 AM »
Expand Quote
"Maybe someone should hit up Quartersnacks to reedit this because they turned the shit show of �Mindfield� into something worth watching."
/opinion forever invalidated.

[close]
jenkem just kooked themselves into oblivion. mindfield is one of the greatest videos ever.

Jares

« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2015, 01:03:56 PM »
I posted a remix before but then I got all insecure about it and took it down... but now that Hash Slinging Slasher has joined the remix party (sic job BTW, I liked that you put the nutty light towards the end with the organ) I'll just post it again.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 01:13:42 PM by MODERNUS »

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2015, 02:35:14 PM »
You don't read the shit before it gets posted Ian? Basically why everyone else said. He's not the only one that hated it. They threaten to pull advertising dollars or what?

party_toes

• Rep: 3
« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2015, 02:53:47 PM »
why is this thread still going? i didn't even make it through the whole video. i tried twice.
76 year old Herman looks more like current Herman than current Herman does.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2015, 03:40:45 PM »

Excellent work Hash. Really nice. Max Garson is a total ripper.