Author Topic: Refugee crisis in Europe.  (Read 66768 times)

MYXGAMES2015

Re: Refugee crisis in Europe.
« Reply #540 on: April 09, 2016, 09:09:24 AM »
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/switzerland-shocked-by-muslim-teens-who-refused-to-shake-hands-with-female-teachers-a6971111.html

Expand Quote
It's widespread practice for schoolchildren in Switzerland to shake the hands of their teacher at the beginning and end of each day. Now, one school's decision to exempt two children from this tradition � because the children are Muslim and their teacher is a woman � has caused a storm of controversy across the European state.

The two pupils at the school in the town of Therwil, near Basel, had requested an exemption from shaking a female teacher's hand, citing their belief that it would go against Islamic teachings. The local school district later came up with what they felt was an acceptable compromise that could avoid discrimination: The pupils, who are aged 14 and 15, would not be required to shake any teacher's' hands, whether they were male or female.

However, the plan hit a hitch when the Schweiz am Sonntag reported on it, sparking a public debate about the compromise. "We cannot accept this in the name of religious freedom," Swiss Justice Minister Simonetta Sommaruga said in an interview with Swiss-German broadcaster SRF. "The handshake is part of our culture.�

Others agreed. "Today's it's the handshake and what will it be tomorrow?" Felix Mueri, a member of the anti-immigration Swiss People's Party and head of the Swiss parliament's education commission, said in an interview with the 20 Minuten news site.

Both the Swiss Teacher's Union and the local Therwil council have also come out against the plan. However, the school itself has defended the decision, despite the controversy. �They are no longer allowed to shake the hand of any teacher, male or female," headmaster Jurg Lauener told SRF, "For us, that addresses the question of discrimination.�

The Swiss Muslim community has largely suggested that the boys are misinterpreting Islamic teachings with their refusal to shake their teachers hands. "[To] the students and parents I would suggest to the following reflection: Can the denial of shaking hands be more important than the Islamic commandment of mutual respect?" Dr. Montassar Ben Mrad, president of Federation of Islamic Organizations in Switzerland, said in the statement.

However, another group suggested that the backlash to the boys was overblown. "One would think that the continued existence of Switzerland's core values was at stake, when this particular case in fact involves just two high school students who have said they wish to greet their teacher in a different way than with a handshake," a statement from the Islamic Central Council of Switzerland said.
[close]

I see they are enriching the society already. Hopefully the people from the article criticizing the policy change have already been arrested for their hate crimes against Islam.

Have you researched at all why they don't shake hands with women? Its not because they don't respect women. Its because they see touching women at all as potentially sexual and disrespectful. Not shaking hands with women to them is a sign of respect, acknowledging that you don't have a right to touch them. Its considered a sign of humility and chastity.

I'll admit that, as a Westerner, I also thought the only possible reason for this was to disrespect women, but you should at least investigate before drawing that conclusion. Islamic and Western culture are very different and often misunderstood by each other.

Monty Burns

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #541 on: April 09, 2016, 10:31:05 AM »
Expand Quote
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/switzerland-shocked-by-muslim-teens-who-refused-to-shake-hands-with-female-teachers-a6971111.html

Expand Quote
It's widespread practice for schoolchildren in Switzerland to shake the hands of their teacher at the beginning and end of each day. Now, one school's decision to exempt two children from this tradition � because the children are Muslim and their teacher is a woman � has caused a storm of controversy across the European state.

The two pupils at the school in the town of Therwil, near Basel, had requested an exemption from shaking a female teacher's hand, citing their belief that it would go against Islamic teachings. The local school district later came up with what they felt was an acceptable compromise that could avoid discrimination: The pupils, who are aged 14 and 15, would not be required to shake any teacher's' hands, whether they were male or female.

However, the plan hit a hitch when the Schweiz am Sonntag reported on it, sparking a public debate about the compromise. "We cannot accept this in the name of religious freedom," Swiss Justice Minister Simonetta Sommaruga said in an interview with Swiss-German broadcaster SRF. "The handshake is part of our culture.�

Others agreed. "Today's it's the handshake and what will it be tomorrow?" Felix Mueri, a member of the anti-immigration Swiss People's Party and head of the Swiss parliament's education commission, said in an interview with the 20 Minuten news site.

Both the Swiss Teacher's Union and the local Therwil council have also come out against the plan. However, the school itself has defended the decision, despite the controversy. �They are no longer allowed to shake the hand of any teacher, male or female," headmaster Jurg Lauener told SRF, "For us, that addresses the question of discrimination.�

The Swiss Muslim community has largely suggested that the boys are misinterpreting Islamic teachings with their refusal to shake their teachers hands. "[To] the students and parents I would suggest to the following reflection: Can the denial of shaking hands be more important than the Islamic commandment of mutual respect?" Dr. Montassar Ben Mrad, president of Federation of Islamic Organizations in Switzerland, said in the statement.

However, another group suggested that the backlash to the boys was overblown. "One would think that the continued existence of Switzerland's core values was at stake, when this particular case in fact involves just two high school students who have said they wish to greet their teacher in a different way than with a handshake," a statement from the Islamic Central Council of Switzerland said.
[close]

I see they are enriching the society already. Hopefully the people from the article criticizing the policy change have already been arrested for their hate crimes against Islam.
[close]

Have you researched at all why they don't shake hands with women? Its not because they don't respect women. Its because they see touching women at all as potentially sexual and disrespectful. Not shaking hands with women to them is a sign of respect, acknowledging that you don't have a right to touch them. Its considered a sign of humility and chastity.

I'll admit that, as a Westerner, I also thought the only possible reason for this was to disrespect women, but you should at least investigate before drawing that conclusion. Islamic and Western culture are very different and often misunderstood by each other.

Westerners going to Japan shake hands and bow when meeting new people / doing business . Japanese used to only bow but now when western people / business is more common they shake and bow

Westerners going to the middle east try to respect the culture by not for example shaking hands with women , western woman wearing hijabs and not drinking in public

A muslim not shaking hands with a western woman in a western country / culture is disrespectful by automatic . Just the act of not shaking hands with the woman means its disrespectful no matter what the reason

Its a sign of mutal respect between people in the west to shake the hand no matter what sex or race

Its also a example of the oppression of women in muslim culture . Women have to cover them selfs up , cant drive , cant leave the house alone or meet a man by themselves . Cause they cant control their actions

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #542 on: April 11, 2016, 01:03:01 PM »
On economic immigrants and why those people are no different than refugees in terms of needs and threats on their lives. The original post is from a greek UN ambassador that works on human rights in 3rd world countries and emerging economies .

This is the original post:
https://www.facebook.com/fragkiska.megaloudi/posts/10153542950217514

This is my translation:

When I was working in IRIN offices in Bangkong, Bagladesh was one of the countries I was covering. I have done some visits in Dhaka and I have written about the problems the country faces. I had read 346 pages in one day with statistics coming from government sources, something that became an anecdote in the office. During one of my visits I interviewd the general secretary of the labour party, who had then been incarcerated. Dhaka is the definition of inequality, in a level that no one can imagine.

Bagladesh due to climatic change, loses grounds from the rising of the sea level. The aftermath of this is thousands of farmers losing their property, being drowned in debt and being forced to move in towns in order to find a job. Job in towns, for them, means 1-2$ per day in factories where there are is no safety regulation and child labour is common. Dhaka is a city-monster. The water is poisoned and poor people live in the streets. We are talking about hundreds of families in the streets, eating, sleeping, breeding and dieing there. People who still own land cant sell their products. The mass use of pesticides has permanently poisoned the ground and all the agricultural products of Bagladesh are poisoned. To all these add a corrupted and pro-rich government, that sees citizens as worms and a big game of millions played on the backs of the poor by NGOs and international organizations. Furthermore add the loans that the country has received from IMF and World Bank and you have an explosive cocktail of inequality, poverty and social exclusion.

Many of the Bagladeshis are fleeing the country. Bagladeshis are the third most populated group amongst immigrants that cross the greek borders in their way to Europe. THey are amongst the first that get sent back too. They are sent back to what? In Dhaka I saw terrible things. I saw kids of indebted villagers being sold to brothels or factories so that they can pay back their loan. And I know that when Bagladeshis flee they have left a big debt behind them and nothing more. I understand that we cant solve everyone's problems. Granted that the first 750 that got deported from Turkey are either from Pakistan or Bagladesh, and they are considered economic immigrants, that dont have the right to hope, what do you think would be a realistic solution to the problem? Please answer logically and without any bias. I know that the solution is change of the economic system but this doesnt come anytime soon. What can we do in the meanwhile to save 16 year olds like little Shurana, that I met in Dhaka 4 years ago, to not sell her body in the streets for debts that she didnt create? (the photo was taken by my colleague that travelled with me © Manoocher Deghati)

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #543 on: April 11, 2016, 03:17:19 PM »
i agree with monty, the UN needs to bomb the poor people in bagladesh
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #544 on: April 11, 2016, 05:05:58 PM »

Naawww , somebody needs a "safe room" with adult colouring books and blankets

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #545 on: April 12, 2016, 03:42:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Says the bitch-ass who's been crying because people called him names for 10+ pages...

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #546 on: April 12, 2016, 04:05:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Says the bitch-ass who's been crying because people called him names for 10+ pages...
"sweep the leg"...
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #547 on: April 12, 2016, 11:06:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Coming from the guy who threatens to beat up immigrants in the ghetto he lives in . Surprised you have time to post on SLAP with all the
Soldiers of Odin and PEGIDA Night patrols and meetings you go to 

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2536
« Reply #548 on: April 12, 2016, 12:19:43 PM »
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/04/refugees-tear-gassed-macedonia-greece-border-160410140009203.html

Many people, including small children, who were not involved in the clashes, were suffering from respiratory problems. Volunteer doctors were treating several dozen refugees with respiratory problems, slight injuries from the plastic bullets and facial injuries from close quarter clashes when the fence was temporarily breached.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #549 on: April 12, 2016, 01:07:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Coming from the guy who threatens to beat up immigrants in the ghetto he lives in . Surprised you have time to post on SLAP with all the

Please, I threaten any cunt that begs for a burst mouth. Your bitch ass has been owned by me,  why are you still here, did not you say that you were done? Want some more ass ripping? I can arrange that.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #550 on: April 12, 2016, 02:29:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Please, I threaten any cunt that begs for a burst mouth. Your bitch ass has been owned by me,  why are you still here, did not you say that you were done? Want some more ass ripping? I can arrange that.

Sure sure , just happens that 100% of them are foreign . Nothing racist about that Mr white power ...

I came back , the game needs me

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #551 on: April 13, 2016, 01:20:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Sure sure , just happens that 100% of them are foreign . Nothing racist about that Mr white power ...

You failed to keep your word to stop posting here, You failed feminism. You failed high school.  So, no, nobody needs you. Did you fail your "tests", yet?

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #552 on: April 13, 2016, 06:34:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You failed to keep your word to stop posting here, You failed feminism. You failed high school.  So, no, nobody needs you. Did you fail your "tests", yet?

None of that is on topic and has nothing to do with the "Refugee crisis in Europe"   . You are horrible at this

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #553 on: April 13, 2016, 07:29:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

None of that is on topic and has nothing to do with the "Refugee crisis in Europe"   . You are horrible at this

Cry me a river, bitch. Funny how you put quotation marks around the name, not that you'll get it.

Failures of your caliber worldwide are responsible for this mass panic.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #554 on: April 13, 2016, 07:48:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Cry me a river, bitch. Funny how you put quotation marks around the name, not that you'll get it.

Still not really on topic . Try again

Eric ricks

« Reply #555 on: April 13, 2016, 08:04:14 AM »
This is quite the dick measuring contest...

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #556 on: April 13, 2016, 08:31:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Wow, I feel sorry for all of your teachers. Fine, I'll throw you a bone;

Funny how you put quotation marks around the name, not that you'll get it.

Go fetch, dog!

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #557 on: April 13, 2016, 08:36:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Wow, I feel sorry for all of your teachers. Fine, I'll throw you a bone;

Funny how you put quotation marks around the name, not that you'll get it.

Go fetch, dog!

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #558 on: April 13, 2016, 08:39:55 AM »
Can't help but picture Yosimite Sam throwing a tantrum whenever Ikobrakai posts lol!
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

Eric ricks

« Reply #559 on: April 13, 2016, 09:16:25 AM »
Can't help but picture Yosimite Sam throwing a tantrum whenever Ikobrakai posts lol!

Fuck, im not gonna get that out of my head now haha

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #560 on: April 14, 2016, 01:32:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Why, thank you!

I'm so fucking aligned with the spirit of the Universe, the elements of nature are affected by me. Also, people can't get the images of me out of their heads.

I came as a refugee to Sweden and thanks to Monty's tax dollars (SEK) I have surpassed the inbred person a long time ago. I took his land and might fuck his bitch too. Total Anschluss!

Poor fucker must be pissed as fuck...

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #561 on: April 14, 2016, 05:29:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Why, thank you!

I'm so fucking aligned with the spirit of the Universe, the elements of nature are affected by me. Also, people can't get the images of me out of their heads.

I came as a refugee to Sweden and thanks to Monty's tax dollars (SEK) I have surpassed the inbred person a long time ago. I took his land and might fuck his bitch too. Total Anschluss!

I'll take 2 of whatever it is you're on...

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #562 on: April 14, 2016, 08:10:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Why, thank you!

[close]

Funny, I thought of Yosemite National Park for some reason and the thought process did not stop there... My creative mind amazes me.

Sorry, no drugs for you, Dirtymac. Just a dose of awesomeness. Maybe two.

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #563 on: April 14, 2016, 11:21:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Why, thank you!

[close]
[close]

Funny, I thought of Yosemite National Park for some reason and the thought process did not stop there... My creative mind amazes me.

Sorry, no drugs for you, Dirtymac. Just a dose of awesomeness. Maybe two.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man...adieu my aloof friend, adeiu

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #564 on: April 17, 2016, 10:28:41 AM »

"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Tufty

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #566 on: April 25, 2016, 03:43:40 AM »
well, its fucking bad, but theres two things to consider:

he hasnt won yet, theres gonna be a second voting between him and basically his complete opposite, and i still have a small piece of hope left that austrians dont fuck it up completely.

and the title of "president" in austria isnt as powerful as it might suggest, not comparable to the US for example. in reality he mostly acts as the international representative of our country. and having a far right asshole doing that job might actually portray this country better than expected, at least my fellow countrymen then wont be able to defend themselves with the good old "i am not racist but.." statement.

but no matter what comes, and as much as i hope that this guy wont make it, the more important votes are gonna be coming up, when its up to decide who is actually gonna rule the country, and judging by this vote its gonna be the far right again. we already had those in leading positions in the last few years, and they fucked up every area financially and economically.

its heartbreaking to see how incredibly immune to history people over here are.

(fun fact, not sure if thats in the news that you posted: Norbert Hofer is part of a fraternity that basically sees austria just as a part of germany, denying the countrys right to exist on its own. so if he wins, he is president of a country he denies. gotta love it.)

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2536
« Reply #567 on: April 25, 2016, 04:54:02 AM »
Norbert Hofer also believes in chemtrails. No bs.

Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #568 on: April 25, 2016, 04:56:25 AM »
its also this usual "look at him, he looks nice, young and sweet" thing, until you actually hear that guy talk and realize how damn aggressive he is.
i expected him to be first, but way closer than it turned out.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #569 on: April 25, 2016, 05:03:40 AM »
gonna hold off on reading about this and wait for john oliver to call him a bad guy on tv, make him a meme. it's 2016