Author Topic: Pittsburg in a day  (Read 892 times)

tink

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Pittsburg in a day
« on: November 02, 2015, 06:57:45 AM »
Hello hello, Ill be in Pittsburgh, staying near the university on Saturday. I read the other Pittsburgh topic but the best idea I got from it was to just go to Oneup and then go from there. Any locals have advice on where to cruise around and where the more interesting parts of the city are (food, bars, shops)? I will only be there for a day so I would love to see as much as I could. Any help is appreciated! Thank you

Senrud

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 54
    • Twatter avatar image
Re: Pittsburg in a day
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 01:03:16 PM »
Assuming you're staying in/around Oakland. There's some stuff to skate around there, some ok places to eat or drink with the college crowd. most spots aren't bust free

- Margaret Milliones school (bank / 3 block / big bank up top ) 3117 Centre Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15219

- chem banks (rough banks down some stairs at Pitt's chemistry building on Parkman ave)

- reason gap / dark knight rises filming spot Fifth Avenue, at Bellefield Avenue.

you can skate down at Heinz ledges by the river / Heinz stadium. Right by the river so you get a good view.

Downtown is fun to push around. some random shit around there. can push there/ from there from Heinz.

restaurants: Primanti brothers, The Original Hotdog Shop (cheap fries/ pizza / hot dogs), Fiori's pizza (good pizza), Pamela's (breakfast), Spak Brothers (pizza / hoagies/ vegan friendly)

bars: gooski's (polish hill near the skatepark), ruggers (south side), South side and lawrenceville both have all right nightlife.

tink

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: Pittsburg in a day
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 05:14:52 AM »
Thank you! Very much appreciated