Author Topic: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)  (Read 58921 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
Re: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #630 on: August 22, 2022, 10:14:53 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYqsrG6rnl0

Excuse the shitty music, but the Rockhold's last fight was a great farewell. He's been a meme for the tail end of his career, and proved to be a dick on numerous occasions but there's no denying that he was one of the scariest fighters for a brief stretch of time before the Bisping KO. Always love a good blood and guts performance.

As much as i hate Rockhold, he went out on his shield against a very dangerous opponent in Costa and didn't get KO'd, went the whole way. Best case scenario for a final fight outside of getting a KO and hanging it up

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #631 on: August 22, 2022, 11:32:15 PM »
He was actually complementing his kicks with his hands, wish I tuned into to watch that one live. I just hope my boy Robbie Lawler can have a quality retirement fight like this, become Ruthless one last time before laying the gloves down in the octagon.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

stone cold steve austin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -84
« Reply #632 on: August 24, 2022, 05:04:43 AM »
I’m actually so hyped for Leon.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #633 on: August 24, 2022, 09:02:15 AM »
He was actually complementing his kicks with his hands, wish I tuned into to watch that one live. I just hope my boy Robbie Lawler can have a quality retirement fight like this, become Ruthless one last time before laying the gloves down in the octagon.

That fight with him and Bryan Barberena was awesome. He could have called it then and I wouldn't have been mad. He fights Ponzinibbio next at UFC 282.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #634 on: August 24, 2022, 11:10:23 AM »

Really opens up some possibilities for match ups in the division

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #635 on: August 24, 2022, 07:45:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That fight with him and Bryan Barberena was awesome. He could have called it then and I wouldn't have been mad. He fights Ponzinibbio next at UFC 282.

Rough fight for him, and Ponz is a dirty fighter with the eye pokes and fence grabs. I just want to see Lawler got Round 5 aggo just 1 more time, even if it is someone lower in the rankings.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

NorthShore

• Rep: 5
« Reply #636 on: August 25, 2022, 04:00:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Really opens up some possibilities for match ups in the division

Anything can happen! Usman had the division on lock for so long, and he kept getting better. He'll take back his belt, mark my words!

Until then, Colby could actually take it. Wouldn't that be wild? Then Khamzat gets it and Usman returns in Q1 2023. I'll be here for it!

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #637 on: August 26, 2022, 05:13:44 AM »
Super stoked for Leon. I was falling asleep during rounds 2-4 but that headkick woke me up like a bump of strong coke, I must have woken up my neighbours when it happened.

Curious to see how the rematch pans out. Usman’s going to be 36, and you can tell by the way he moves that his body’s fucked from wrestling his whole life. Also, I wonder if getting KO’d stiff like that will affect his confidence.

As much as I don’t like him, I think Colby might be a bigger threat to Leon. He won’t stand and bang with him, he’ll wrestlefuck him for 5 straight rounds and not get tired.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #638 on: August 26, 2022, 06:10:55 AM »
Isn’t Colby hurt? I saw on IG he had surgery on his jaw? Or neck. Out ‘till March or somethin…

Would love to see Leon tune him up though.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #639 on: August 26, 2022, 06:37:52 AM »
Isn’t Colby hurt? I saw on IG he had surgery on his jaw? Or neck. Out ‘till March or somethin…

That and the legal shit with Masvidal.

Anyways the fight won’t happen immediately, Usman’s getting an automatic rematch for sure. If Leon gets through Usman a second time, he’ll be getting Khamzat or Colby next most likely.

Khamzat might be a better fight for him seeing as he’s fucking crazy and might want to turn it into a brawl like he did with Gilbert. Only thing is Leon is not sloppy like Gilbert is when it comes to striking.

I don’t think Colby will let that happen. Again as much as I hate him, dude’s a great wrestler with a solid gameplan and an endless gas tank.

Historically 170 has always been a grappler-heavy division especially when it comes to champions… I’d still love to see Leon put Colby’s lights out though.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #640 on: August 26, 2022, 07:35:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That and the legal shit with Masvidal.

Anyways the fight won’t happen immediately, Usman’s getting an automatic rematch for sure. If Leon gets through Usman a second time, he’ll be getting Khamzat or Colby next most likely.

Khamzat might be a better fight for him seeing as he’s fucking crazy and might want to turn it into a brawl like he did with Gilbert. Only thing is Leon is not sloppy like Gilbert is when it comes to striking.

I don’t think Colby will let that happen. Again as much as I hate him, dude’s a great wrestler with a solid gameplan and an endless gas tank.

Historically 170 has always been a grappler-heavy division especially when it comes to champions… I’d still love to see Leon put Colby’s lights out though.

Seeing Colby fall to his perfect foil in usman twice and then get his chance to take the belt only to be denied by Leon would be so wonderful

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #641 on: September 09, 2022, 01:28:12 PM »
nate vs khamzat is off due to khamzat being nearly 8 lbs over. nate camp wants tony fight but, they want 5 rds and tony wants 3. kevin holland just said make his fight main event & 5 rds or he’s not fighting. complete & utter shit show there, started with a brawl right before the conference that ended up getting it canceled. officially gonna go ahead and say fuck khamzat, dude is a media show that tried to cheat & then laughed and flipped everyone off when he was weighed as 7.5 lbs over. let’s hope it’s nate vs tony main event (what we all wanted) & they move leech to 281 at msg. ice khamzat for a long while since usman & edwards still have to fight & he fucked this entire event up, he can fight colby when he comes back.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #642 on: September 09, 2022, 01:38:41 PM »

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #643 on: September 09, 2022, 04:44:44 PM »
well, we got what we wanted. nate vs tony main event 5 rounds. holland vs khamzat co main 5 rounds. leech fights d rod. unfair for holland to get boosted up so high into a fight he wasn’t training for against #3 guy but, if he wins he jumps all the way up which i pray he does despite him not being great against wrestlers. super unfair for leech with the 10 lb weight difference and moving down to a lesser name. the event as a whole just got a lot more exciting for me though & we get to see 2 absolute legends who should have fought years ago close the night. i guess the fans win after all.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #644 on: September 09, 2022, 06:08:03 PM »
I think Nate said in an interview that he had been pushing for a fight with Ferguson or a few others.  He's probably in the top 5 most popular mma fighters of all time and it felt so dirty how they strung him along like that.  One of many reasons I stream all this shit and would never put money in Dana's pocket.

Diaz vs Ferguson should be a good match for both of them to go out on.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #645 on: September 10, 2022, 06:08:23 AM »
Nate V Tony is a way more fun fight.
Once Khamzat missed weight, my ideas was this:
Nate VS Tony, give Lee J his show and win money plus 10% of Khams money and Lee gets to take the night off.
Nate and Tony split Khamz purse and Kham is kicked off the card and gets no money.
I was excited for D rod and Kevin’s fight too. Kind of bummed Kevin is fighting Kham.

It is a bit of a bummer that Lee has to fight D rod with him weighing in 10 pounds more than Lee but that should be a fun fight too.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #646 on: September 10, 2022, 08:25:53 AM »
Fuck the goof, I'll pirate every card to make sure that thief doesn't get a cent.

Lee really got shafted, kham was being fast tracked for a title shot and then he pulls this shit. Absolute amateur hour shit

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #647 on: September 10, 2022, 11:07:27 AM »
i would’ve been stoked if they changed it the way they did, kept the holland vs drod fight and offered paulo a shit ton of money to say fuck it and settle the beef with khamzat but, he just fought rockhold and wasn’t training for this fight so it wasn’t really fair. glad they didn’t have dustin come in like they talked about to fight nate, that one could’ve been ugly as well.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #648 on: September 10, 2022, 11:37:30 AM »
i would’ve been stoked if they changed it the way they did, kept the holland vs drod fight and offered paulo a shit ton of money to say fuck it and settle the beef with khamzat but, he just fought rockhold and wasn’t training for this fight so it wasn’t really fair. glad they didn’t have dustin come in like they talked about to fight nate, that one could’ve been ugly as well.

Honestly I'm curious to see how nate and dusty match up boxing wise. They both have very different styles but dusty obviously has a lot more power than nate

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #649 on: September 10, 2022, 09:38:19 PM »
Idk what the fuck I just watched, but I was hyped to see Diaz pull off an effortless submission to finish that.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #650 on: September 10, 2022, 10:44:55 PM »
Idk what the fuck I just watched, but I was hyped to see Diaz pull off an effortless submission to finish that.

Ferg should hang it up. He's absolutely washed

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #651 on: September 10, 2022, 10:58:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Just bummed me out… dude looked completely out of it.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #652 on: September 10, 2022, 11:45:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Just bummed me out… dude looked completely out of it.

And then in the post interview fight interview yelled something like "It feels great I'm back baby" or some shit.  I felt a bit of pity for him.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #653 on: September 11, 2022, 12:07:11 AM »
This slide is tragic. Justin, do bronx and Chandler took years off his life

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #654 on: September 11, 2022, 07:58:55 PM »
Weird ass fight, both Nate and Tony took turns showing their backs to each other and Nate completely frustrated with his arms over the cage was a sight. Tony trying to ankle pick and lying on the canvas was good shit too. Thought Tony would have stuck to smashing Nate's legs but that fizzled out, there was no chance he was going to out box him. It's really sad to see Tony fight like this, you can see the internal conflict of old-Tony use my head to damage their fists and new-Tony can't take too much damage to the head. The speed and power were definitely missing.

I'll still tune in to every Tony fight just to watch him salsa dance backwards to his opponents to fuck with them.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #655 on: September 11, 2022, 09:48:51 PM »
i don’t think tony looked as bad as a lot of people are saying, rewatching fight right now. sure, it’s not younger 12 fight win streak tony, he’s old you guys. yeah he took a ridiculous amount of damage in the gaethje fight which i’m sure slowed him down a bit but, he was beating chandler in that first round without a doubt which is really surprising/admirable against a #5 lightweight who damn near ko’d the current champ (yes he’s still the champ, fuck a stripped belt for .5 lbs and i do think he beats islam). i don’t think he would’ve won regardless but, if he didn’t shoot for takedown, which his corner told him to do, and kept it on the feet i think this very well could have gone 5 rounds. he landed some good strikes on nate & you have to remember that he split his shin wide open within the first minute which i’m sure affected his movement throughout the fight.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #656 on: September 17, 2022, 08:36:12 PM »
Anyone watching GGG Canelo 3? I don't wanna make a new thread specifically for boxing cause it's not very popular these days it seems...

And no wonder. What a garbage fight. Can't believe they were charging $80 for this. Glad I streamed it for free.

GGG won 2-3 rounds at most.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 09:36:08 PM by Steely Daniel »

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #657 on: September 18, 2022, 05:30:29 PM »
Anyone watching GGG Canelo 3? I don't wanna make a new thread specifically for boxing cause it's not very popular these days it seems...

And no wonder. What a garbage fight. Can't believe they were charging $80 for this. Glad I streamed it for free.

GGG won 2-3 rounds at most.

Ya, I watched it.  It's basically what I expected.  GGG is 40 years old now and was clearly just in it for the paycheck.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #658 on: September 19, 2022, 07:26:36 AM »
Jose Aldo retired. One of the greatest featherweights to ever do it. Fuck i wish he could have gotten a second crack at Conor. Especially this crack head version. He could have put the hands on him like dusty did in his revenge fight.

https://youtu.be/aW8C0c0m8jU

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #659 on: September 19, 2022, 10:18:38 AM »
Jose Aldo retired. One of the greatest featherweights to ever do it. Fuck i wish he could have gotten a second crack at Conor. Especially this crack head version. He could have put the hands on him like dusty did in his revenge fight.

https://youtu.be/aW8C0c0m8jU

We all knew this day would come, getting shafted on the Conor rematch really sucks but lead to 1 of the most shocking moments in MMA and put us on the Conor timeline for way too long. The Aldo who turn up in the Mendes rematch would have had a great fight with Conor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TqF3iFDN0Y&ab_channel=MartialLiam

When I was really into Muay Thai and MMA I would study his Ricardo Lamas fight in detail. Using his pivots, jabs, feints, check hooks and low kicks in combination to wreck Lamas' leg, definitely tried implementing that in my own sparring sessions. Sequence at 6:20 is beautiful.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m