Author Topic: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)  (Read 47357 times)

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #660 on: September 21, 2022, 01:43:11 AM »
I never saw that fight, but the Aldo v Faber fight...holy shit.  Just pure destruction of Faber's legs.  I would have tapped out or faked an injury way sooner then endure those leg kicks.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
« Reply #661 on: September 21, 2022, 09:22:41 AM »
https://forums.mixedmartialarts.com/t/mccorkles-matt-hughes-book-review/1691049

I don't know if it's ever been posted in here but i was rereading mccorckle's hilarious review of Matt Hughes' book where he confesses his many crimes and embarrassments. Fuck, Hughes is such a worthless scumbag

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1250
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #662 on: September 21, 2022, 07:23:32 PM »
I never saw that fight, but the Aldo v Faber fight...holy shit.  Just pure destruction of Faber's legs.  I would have tapped out or faked an injury way sooner then endure those leg kicks.

Taking kicks to the thigh and calf, just 1 well placed on to the IT band can buckle your leg and have you limping for days / weeks. Puts into perspective the toughness of professional kickboxers who takes these kicks relentlessly.

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #663 on: September 21, 2022, 09:26:04 PM »
https://forums.mixedmartialarts.com/t/mccorkles-matt-hughes-book-review/1691049

I don't know if it's ever been posted in here but i was rereading mccorckle's hilarious review of Matt Hughes' book where he confesses his many crimes and embarrassments. Fuck, Hughes is such a worthless scumbag

Hahaha ya I've read that.  I went through and watched a few of the old Ultimate Fighter seasons about a year ago and I came across that halfway through the Hughes v Franklin season.  He came off as a prick on the show, but was fully sold when I read that.

In other news, with the weather starting to cool down I think I'm going to sign up at a no-gi Jiu-Jitsu club in the next few weeks.  I wrestled for a handful of years when I was a kid and think I'd enjoy it.

Steely Daniel

• Rep: 41
  • nostalgia trippin' and oversharin'
« Reply #664 on: September 22, 2022, 01:33:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone watching GGG Canelo 3? I don't wanna make a new thread specifically for boxing cause it's not very popular these days it seems...

And no wonder. What a garbage fight. Can't believe they were charging $80 for this. Glad I streamed it for free.

GGG won 2-3 rounds at most.
[close]

Ya, I watched it.  It's basically what I expected.  GGG is 40 years old now and was clearly just in it for the paycheck.

Joyce vs Parker should be a good scrap.

Not much else too exciting on the horizon barring Wilder Helenius, Bivol Ramirez and possibly finally Spence Crawford.

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #665 on: September 22, 2022, 04:15:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone watching GGG Canelo 3? I don't wanna make a new thread specifically for boxing cause it's not very popular these days it seems...

And no wonder. What a garbage fight. Can't believe they were charging $80 for this. Glad I streamed it for free.

GGG won 2-3 rounds at most.
[close]

Ya, I watched it.  It's basically what I expected.  GGG is 40 years old now and was clearly just in it for the paycheck.
[close]

Joyce vs Parker should be a good scrap.

Not much else too exciting on the horizon barring Wilder Helenius, Bivol Ramirez and possibly finally Spence Crawford.

I've been following this dude for a few years now.  Saw him Mike Tyson someone in the first round on the Davis vs Santa Cruz card and have been a fan since.  He's got a real throwback, exciting style.  He's still pretty young, hopefully he gets some good matchups in the next 5 years cause that style is really hard to keep up in your 30's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3YALk35Xyg

Steely Daniel

• Rep: 41
  • nostalgia trippin' and oversharin'
« Reply #666 on: September 23, 2022, 04:17:24 PM »
Cruz is kind of a dirty fighter though he always leads with his head and throws a lot of low blows. But he definitely brings it and is entertaining to watch. I was kind of unimpressed that he couldn't stop the corpse of Francisco Vargas but then he gave Tank a hell of a fight and arguably could have won or got a draw if it wasn't for boxing's always suspect/corrupt judging. I follow boxing pretty closely and try to keep up with all the top guys from like 108 lbs to the big heavy weights.