Author Topic: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)  (Read 60182 times)

fineslime

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • I cut my grip with Occam's razor
Re: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #840 on: April 12, 2024, 10:15:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Gonna just post here because I don't pay attention to any "combat sports", so excuse my boxing comment, but hopefully ya'll wanna weigh-in. Do you guys think Tyson is gonna light up that kid from the jump or drag it out like McGregor v Mayweather? I don't know if it's the social media guy or his brother or if they both do it or whatever the fuck, don't even want to build his rank in google to remember. I think/hope Tyson is likely to go for the kill and legit end him rather than drag it out. It's what he's known for, beating the ever living fuck out of people. And to give this guy a chance and make him look good, when Tyson fought some of the greats and they had to fight for their life to get as far as they could. I don't see Tyson wanting to give that to him, and I don't see him being happy to let some kid come into his sport and pretend he can hang. If Tyson is coming back, you'd think he'd want to perform the only way he knows, and the mother fucker is still fast and powerful as fuck. I don't think any amount of money could get me to try and last 10 seconds with Iron Mike, I'd be too scared his fist would go through my skull and turn me into a vegetable that couldn't enjoy spending the money.
[close]

Pretty good summary, Tyson knows he's there for a payday and to make everyone look good.

I firmly believe that those, "matches," involving any of the Paul brothers or any other youtuber/ celebrity are just that: celebrity boxing matches. I believe they (more than likely) have fixed outcomes and are nothing more than exhibition matches. The fucked up thing about it is that you can bet on those fights.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #841 on: April 12, 2024, 10:27:12 AM »
300 picks (very difficult)

alex by ko/tko late in round 2. he’s going to leg kick the fuck out of hill until he’s practically immobile and has no pop on his shots. frustrate hill into being overly aggressive the way jiri did and gets caught.
zhang by unanimous decision.
max by split or majority decision or possibly a tko in round 2. (hardest fight to pick and did a lot of back and forth deciding, will be fotn no question.)
charles by ko in round 2.
bo sub either late in 1 or early in 2z

jiri by ko round 3.
aljo either by decision or by late sub.
kayla by decision after a fucking snooze fest. really want to say holly ko’s but she’s much older and smaller & i think the takedowns and wrestling will wind her.
lopez either sub or ground n pound in round 3.

moicano comes back by sub late in 2 or mid 3 after getting nearly ko’d by some shots multiple times.
marina by close decision.
miller by sub late in 3 after taking a lot of shots early and then wearing bobby down.
cody round 2 ko after making figgy chase him a bit and wearing him out. also will be doing his usual cody dances when figgy misses which will piss figgy off to the point of rushing and getting caught.

still not confident in these but, gotta stick with it. this card was already set to be the best card ever, now with the bonuses getting 6x to $300,000 you know every single person is going to be going for the kill. i can not wait.

great picks @shouldn't - one thing I picked up on from Jalin Turner's media day interview was him saying he doesn't think Moicano is as tough as Dan Hooker... I guess he's never seen Moicano vs RDA. Renato is one of the toughest dudes on the roster. I think his experience and skill is going to help get it done. I don't see Turner knocking him out and I think Renato is going to drown him.

I too am going back and forth on Max vs Justin, but my heart is leaning toward Max. Not only would it be awesome to see him with the win, but I think he's going to hurt Justin and then swarm him. People are acting like this is a death sentence for Max but Max has only lost to Poirier (on a short notice fight a weight class up) and Volk in the last 5 years. Justin has been finished a few times and Max has never even been knocked down.

I do think Jahmal Hill is going to knock out Alex though. Alex stands straight up and down with his chin in the air, and Hill is so damn precise. He is being massively overlooked too.

I'm getting more and more excited for this card. I even released my shift at work Saturday night, and I got a notification that a new guy that started picked it up... only to cancel the pick up!!! All these mf'rs say they want to work until they get the chance to work! The prelims will be on in the dining room while I'm working so I'll be able to keep one eye on them.

I'm so stoked that there are some other die hard fans here!

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 678
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #842 on: April 12, 2024, 03:10:27 PM »
I’m excited for this one…. Pretty fun card. Zhang vs Xiaonan they both can throw hands or take it to the ground...

I'm rooting for Holloway.... dude is tough.

Might be in the minority, but also rooting for garbrandt.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Crust

• Rep: 42
« Reply #843 on: April 12, 2024, 04:16:17 PM »
I’m excited for this one…. Pretty fun card. Zhang vs Xiaonan they both can throw hands or take it to the ground...

I'm right there with you for Cody. His masterclass was against Cruz was one of the best performances ever.

I would love another title run out of him. But his chin has deteriorated greatly since the two TJ losses, and defence has never been his strength. Hope he beats Figgy.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #844 on: April 12, 2024, 05:24:00 PM »
Expand Quote
300 picks (very difficult)

alex by ko/tko late in round 2. he’s going to leg kick the fuck out of hill until he’s practically immobile and has no pop on his shots. frustrate hill into being overly aggressive the way jiri did and gets caught.
zhang by unanimous decision.
max by split or majority decision or possibly a tko in round 2. (hardest fight to pick and did a lot of back and forth deciding, will be fotn no question.)
charles by ko in round 2.
bo sub either late in 1 or early in 2z

jiri by ko round 3.
aljo either by decision or by late sub.
kayla by decision after a fucking snooze fest. really want to say holly ko’s but she’s much older and smaller & i think the takedowns and wrestling will wind her.
lopez either sub or ground n pound in round 3.

moicano comes back by sub late in 2 or mid 3 after getting nearly ko’d by some shots multiple times.
marina by close decision.
miller by sub late in 3 after taking a lot of shots early and then wearing bobby down.
cody round 2 ko after making figgy chase him a bit and wearing him out. also will be doing his usual cody dances when figgy misses which will piss figgy off to the point of rushing and getting caught.

still not confident in these but, gotta stick with it. this card was already set to be the best card ever, now with the bonuses getting 6x to $300,000 you know every single person is going to be going for the kill. i can not wait.
[close]

great picks @shouldn't - one thing I picked up on from Jalin Turner's media day interview was him saying he doesn't think Moicano is as tough as Dan Hooker... I guess he's never seen Moicano vs RDA. Renato is one of the toughest dudes on the roster. I think his experience and skill is going to help get it done. I don't see Turner knocking him out and I think Renato is going to drown him.

I too am going back and forth on Max vs Justin, but my heart is leaning toward Max. Not only would it be awesome to see him with the win, but I think he's going to hurt Justin and then swarm him. People are acting like this is a death sentence for Max but Max has only lost to Poirier (on a short notice fight a weight class up) and Volk in the last 5 years. Justin has been finished a few times and Max has never even been knocked down.

I do think Jahmal Hill is going to knock out Alex though. Alex stands straight up and down with his chin in the air, and Hill is so damn precise. He is being massively overlooked too.

I'm getting more and more excited for this card. I even released my shift at work Saturday night, and I got a notification that a new guy that started picked it up... only to cancel the pick up!!! All these mf'rs say they want to work until they get the chance to work! The prelims will be on in the dining room while I'm working so I'll be able to keep one eye on them.

I'm so stoked that there are some other die hard fans here!
very much agree on jalin/moicano and holloway/gaethje takes. jailn will be very dangerous early but he cuts so much weight he’s gassed in the later rounds, we saw hooker take advantage of that and get the win same with gamrot. he could hardly speak at the presser he’s so drained out. his ground game is also incomparable to moicano’s & he has a very long neck to be latched onto.

yep max has never even been dropped, gaethje definitely hits harder than the guys max has faced at fw though. the thing is that max is truly faster and gaethje throws 2 piece combos sometimes 3, max throws way more and has great counters. all of recent ‘bmf’ type fights as of recently have ended by ko in the 2nd (alex vs jiri, gaethje vs porier, izzy vs alex 2) that’s where my max by 2nd round tko guess is coming from if not a decision but we’ll see.

as for hill, you’re right and i have been afraid of this fight for alex since before he ever got the title. hill definitely has the ability to ko him but, his ko record to me isn’t as impressive as some may think. johnny walker has one of the most questionable chins there is. thiago santos was 38 and had lost 4 of his last 5, isn’t in the ufc anymore and has lost his last 2 fights in pfl. jimmy crute has lost 5 of his last 7, 4 by finishes. osp is 41 and has been ko’d in 3 of his last 5. so on and so forth.. not hating on jamahal but his record isn’t the best. yes he outclassed glover for 5 rounds which is impressive but, didn’t get a finish and glover was also 43 years old. also, he’s coming off an achilles injury seemingly too early and is fighting the heaviest leg kicker in the ufc. the odds just don’t seem to be in his favor to me but, it’s a fight and only time will tell.

as jon anik says, one more sleep  ;D

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1934
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #845 on: April 12, 2024, 08:29:50 PM »
Gaethje and Holloway is a guaranteed banger, neither has been in a boring fight. I love and hate that Gaethje moved away from his low kick + clubbing overhand right style, those fights were the most entertaining, but he's rounded out his game which is going to give him more longevity in MMA and his post-fight career.

https://youtu.be/solphxML3FQ?si=BGxpwNPXUUQ_e58U

Always worth a repost.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #846 on: April 13, 2024, 06:46:44 PM »
welp... proud to say I called that Moicano fight XD - fights have been awesome tonight!

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #847 on: April 13, 2024, 08:05:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm right there with you for Cody. His masterclass was against Cruz was one of the best performances ever.

I would love another title run out of him. But his chin has deteriorated greatly since the two TJ losses, and defence has never been his strength. Hope he beats Figgy.

Vs Cruz one of my all time fav fights... the trash talk leading up to that one was so good.

Minor spoilers ufc 300:

Damn. Cody lost tonight via submission.... think that's it for him?

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #848 on: April 13, 2024, 09:22:22 PM »
SPOLIERS!!!!!!!!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #849 on: April 13, 2024, 10:11:29 PM »
What a KO - Holloway vs Gaethje

https://dubz.co/v/rdy0m9
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #850 on: April 13, 2024, 10:37:08 PM »
Hell of a night boys.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #851 on: April 13, 2024, 11:05:38 PM »
holy. fucking. shit.

what else is there to say boys? that was monumental. max is the baddest mother fucker. pereira is fucking undeniable man. those 2 moments will live in history forever. pereira says “nah it’s okay, let me give my rebuttal”. classic left hook shuts him off before the ground and pound starts. that kick max threw that broke gaethje’s nose in round one wasn’t even meant to land like that and navigates the fight. pereira didn’t even go to the leg kicks as much as we expected and instead just snipes jamahal in round 1. jiri fighting through adversity and showing who is the toughest with that come back. moicano destroying the mic. we are truly so blessed (no holloway pun intended) for this night. it delivered. holloway fucking gets 600k bonus no matter what anybody says and add a bonus to that. what an absolute animal.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #852 on: April 13, 2024, 11:11:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Vs Cruz one of my all time fav fights... the trash talk leading up to that one was so good.

Minor spoilers ufc 300:

no because he was stinging figgy on the feet which led to him going for the takedown and eventually getting the sub. if you watch the first round it’s easily cody’s with him out striking figgy and getting to the punch quicker. it’s the same as the moicano/turner fight, turner nearly ko’d moicano in round one but then got overpowered and eventually tko’d. the matchmaker at ufc needs to just give jalin and cody striker matchups, i know it can’t be tailor made but they have zero ground game and that’s been proven. jalin kos green (who beat the fuck out jim miller tonight on the feet) and cody still kos lower level competition and would have beaten figgy tonight if it didn’t go to the ground.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #853 on: April 13, 2024, 11:18:12 PM »
Man, I was goign for Jiri and was just wincing as he got both his legs chopped up.  I was ready to count him out, what a comeback.  Was rooting for Max and Alex, neither disappointed.  That was a good card, there's times I question why I watch this shit and then times like this where the card is just solid all the way through.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #854 on: April 13, 2024, 11:42:27 PM »
the mother fucking mac is back. june 29th, welter weight, michael chandler. porier vs islam for the tittle june 3rd, with stirckland vs costa as the co main. what a time to be alive.

Crust

« Reply #855 on: April 14, 2024, 01:41:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Minor spoilers ufc 300:

@BallsDontLie I think it might be. Looks like the game passed him out, he was so far behind Figgy on the ground

Insane card! Holloway and Alex with two of the most gangster finishes in a years

aleksander

• Rep: 124
« Reply #856 on: April 14, 2024, 03:03:14 PM »
This fight was such a beating. My gran-gran vs Ubereem

"Let's just do something stupid and ridiculous and just be as fucking regular as we possibly can."

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #857 on: April 16, 2024, 12:23:52 PM »
That picture of Kayla Harrison prompted me to bring this up:

How does everyone feel about fighters being on the juice? Nate Diaz said it best, "everyone's on steroids." It seems like the top-level guys and champions get away with it the most. A telltale sign is these big fat faces everyone has with these extra flaps of skin in their cheeks and around their nose. That is a sign of HGH use. During weight cuts it becomes even more apparent; dudes and lady-dudes are completely sucked in and drained out, but they still have these puffy saggy faces.

What I think they're doing is using designer peptides that are virtually undetectable because of them being designer in nature. From my understanding, peptides can act as hormones and they're all the rage in sports these days.

O'Malley is a super noticeable offender because of how lean he is, but his face has ballooned up over the last couple years:

Kayla is undeniably on the sauce (or was) and you can tell by how much extra skin she has around her face:

Does it matter to you if these fighters are juicing or not? If you pay attention, you can see fighters with overgrown skin on their faces and fighters who don't.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2024, 12:31:11 PM by fineslime »

aleksander

« Reply #858 on: April 16, 2024, 08:08:46 PM »

How does everyone feel about fighters being on the juice? Nate Diaz said it best, "everyone's on steroids." It seems like the top-level guys and champions get away with it the most. A telltale sign is these big fat faces everyone has with these extra flaps of skin in their cheeks and around their nose. That is a sign of HGH use. During weight cuts it becomes even more apparent; dudes and lady-dudes are completely sucked in and drained out, but they still have these puffy saggy faces.

What I think they're doing is using designer peptides that are virtually undetectable because of them being designer in nature. From my understanding, peptides can act as hormones and they're all the rage in sports these days.

O'Malley is a super noticeable offender because of how lean he is, but his face has ballooned up over the last couple years:

Kayla is undeniably on the sauce (or was) and you can tell by how much extra skin she has around her face:

Does it matter to you if these fighters are juicing or not? If you pay attention, you can see fighters with overgrown skin on their faces and fighters who don't.

Very interesting - I had never considered O'Malley being on HGH or peptides, but I do believe that at least 90% of the top guys are taking something illegal - Chandler, McGregor, Jones, Usman, Du Plessis being some of the most obvious examples.

Do I care? Not really because I think it's so widespread that it truly is a somewhat level playing field. When dudes like Anderson Silva and Tim Sylvia pop but Paulo Costa and Yoel Romero can skate through with mostly no problems, it kinda shows how fucked up the system with USADA is and how much a crapshoot it is. I also love the Diaz bros but think they've been on EPO forever.

Side note - I've heard someone on here suggest that AVE was on TRT, and if he is, well more power to him. Wecking ball and Biebel for sure have their cycles going. Any other skaters open about taking test or anything harder?

"Let's just do something stupid and ridiculous and just be as fucking regular as we possibly can."

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #859 on: April 16, 2024, 08:19:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Very interesting - I had never considered O'Malley being on HGH or peptides, but I do believe that at least 90% of the top guys are taking something illegal - Chandler, McGregor, Jones, Usman, Du Plessis being some of the most obvious examples.

Do I care? Not really because I think it's so widespread that it truly is a somewhat level playing field. When dudes like Anderson Silva and Tim Sylvia pop but Paulo Costa and Yoel Romero can skate through with mostly no problems, it kinda shows how fucked up the system with USADA is and how much a crapshoot it is. I also love the Diaz bros but think they've been on EPO forever.

Side note - I've heard someone on here suggest that AVE was on TRT, and if he is, well more power to him. Wecking ball and Biebel for sure have their cycles going. Any other skaters open about taking test or anything harder?

O'Malley popped for the SARM Ostarine and while he was recovering from a lisfranc fracture he sustained fighting Andre Soukhamthath and rode out a 2 year suspension.

in this video, Derek from MPMD talks about the relationship between USADA and the Brazilian government. Essentially, these drug testing agencies outsource their testing to private companies based in the fighter's home countries. When you have a very famous fighter from a country like Brazil, or in Eastern Europe, and they have a lot of money behind them, it is more likely that some "fuckery is afoot."

If you've never seen these videos I highly suggest watching them. Really interesting stuff. Usman has two bum knees but somehow looks like he runs a marathon every day.

As for AVE being on TRT... I'm literally counting down the time until I can get on it myself. I'll be 35 next year, and I have noticed a dip in my test levels, energy, motivation, and ability to burn fat. I have nothing against TRT, especially because with TRT you are more likely to lead a healthy lifestyle. I've been researching and learning about TRT since I was 29.

@aleksander - If you are over the age of 30 or in your mid 30s to 40s, TRT (when done properly) could greatly increase your quality of life. BTW - Biebel has to be on more than just TRT. There is a difference between TRT and full blown anabolic steroid use.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #860 on: April 16, 2024, 09:37:24 PM »

Vitor is a clear example, TRT'd so hard he knocked Bisping's eye out of it's socket.

I like how fight analyst Jack Slack put it - Anderson Silva needed the roids to repair his leg after the Chris Weidman break.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

aleksander

« Reply #861 on: April 17, 2024, 06:35:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

O'Malley popped for the SARM Ostarine and while he was recovering from a lisfranc fracture he sustained fighting Andre Soukhamthath and rode out a 2 year suspension.

in this video, Derek from MPMD talks about the relationship between USADA and the Brazilian government. Essentially, these drug testing agencies outsource their testing to private companies based in the fighter's home countries. When you have a very famous fighter from a country like Brazil, or in Eastern Europe, and they have a lot of money behind them, it is more likely that some "fuckery is afoot."

If you've never seen these videos I highly suggest watching them. Really interesting stuff. Usman has two bum knees but somehow looks like he runs a marathon every day.

As for AVE being on TRT... I'm literally counting down the time until I can get on it myself. I'll be 35 next year, and I have noticed a dip in my test levels, energy, motivation, and ability to burn fat. I have nothing against TRT, especially because with TRT you are more likely to lead a healthy lifestyle. I've been researching and learning about TRT since I was 29.

@aleksander - If you are over the age of 30 or in your mid 30s to 40s, TRT (when done properly) could greatly increase your quality of life. BTW - Biebel has to be on more than just TRT. There is a difference between TRT and full blown anabolic steroid use.

Oh man I fully support anyone getting on TRT (as long as they're not one of those 22 year old dicks trying to torque kimuras in BJJ class). I'll be 43 next month, have been on for about two years. Nothing but good things to say about it. Helped me mentally and I can't even imagine how little I'd skate or train now without it helping me recover. Of all the drugs I've put in my body, this one is definitely the most conducive to leading a good life.

Honestly wish I'd started sooner, but I was sketched out about gyno and my balls shrinking. When neither happened I was just like, well, better late than never.

And Biebel is for sure a juicy slut. He can do what he wants, just wish he still put out parts.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #862 on: April 17, 2024, 06:50:43 PM »
@aleksander - DUDE! you're actually on it!? I'm going to lay out some questions and I hope you don't mind answering them. your time is truly appreciated answering these! Please don't feel obligated to answer any of these if they are too personal, but I think I am ready to get on it too. I am happy to read you say that you wish you had started sooner.

What led you to finally pull the trigger and get on it?

What are the most beneficial things you have noticed since you've been on it?

Have you noticed any hair thinning or acceleration in male pattern baldness if you have it already? That is one of my biggest fears about it since I have already done a lot of damage to my hair due to a few years of living an unhealthy lifestyle. I say I am worried about that, but I love buzzing my head and sometimes even shaving down to the scalp (although I haven't done that in a few years.) I guess the permanence of losing it is what worries me.

How has it affected your sex drive and libido?

What is your monthly cost for TRT?

What has it done for your skating if you are still skating?

Have you noticed that it is easier to burn body fat and build muscle?

You mentioned it changed your thinking as well... is that in how sharp you think?

What is your route of administration? If it is injections, are you used to them yet? - if you don't want to answer this question I understand.

Thanks again for taking the time!

aleksander

« Reply #863 on: April 17, 2024, 07:54:24 PM »
@aleksander - DUDE! you're actually on it!? I'm going to lay out some questions and I hope you don't mind answering them. your time is truly appreciated answering these! Please don't feel obligated to answer any of these if they are too personal, but I think I am ready to get on it too. I am happy to read you say that you wish you had started sooner.

What led you to finally pull the trigger and get on it?

What are the most beneficial things you have noticed since you've been on it?

Have you noticed any hair thinning or acceleration in male pattern baldness if you have it already? That is one of my biggest fears about it since I have already done a lot of damage to my hair due to a few years of living an unhealthy lifestyle. I say I am worried about that, but I love buzzing my head and sometimes even shaving down to the scalp (although I haven't done that in a few years.) I guess the permanence of losing it is what worries me.

How has it affected your sex drive and libido?

What is your monthly cost for TRT?

What has it done for your skating if you are still skating?

Have you noticed that it is easier to burn body fat and build muscle?

You mentioned it changed your thinking as well... is that in how sharp you think?

What is your route of administration? If it is injections, are you used to them yet? - if you don't want to answer this question I understand.

Thanks again for taking the time!

Man, I was actually thinking of PMing you and telling you to ask if you had any questions about how it's gone, so for sure, no problem.

- What led you to finally pull the trigger and get on it?

Honestly I was waiting to turn 40, but that was just some abstract timeline, like it didn't really make any sense. I still trained MMA and competed in BJJ until I was about 37, so I don't know why I didn't jump on it after that, but I had like a weird sense of guilt about it at the time. Then I just kinda forgot about it. For sure wish I'd started earlier, would have saved myself from a ton of mental stress.

- What are the most beneficial things you have noticed since you've been on it?

Helped with depression 100%. Didn't make me aggro or anything, just lifted the brain fog and helped me get motivated. The gym and skating were always my therapists, so TRT kinda amplified the benefits of those because I could do them more. I did put on maybe 8 pounds of muscle and for sure some of that is chemical. There's absolutely a chemical aid, but also you're so motivated to get in the gym and eat cleaner, so it all compounds.

- Have you noticed any hair thinning or acceleration in male pattern baldness if you have it already?

Fortunately, I have never had an issue with this, but I think it's mostly lucky genetics.

- How has it affected your sex drive and libido?
Horny as a motherfucker, jesus christ. I would be down to fuck a dead goat about 12 hours after I pin. BTW I inject 100 mg a week, split up in two doses.

- What is your monthly cost for TRT?

It's totally skewed because I just order it from the major pharmacy chain here in Colombia and it's super cheap. It'd work out to about 20 bucks USD a month. My friends back in the states pay waaaay more, but all of them would say it's beyond worth it.

- What has it done for your skating if you are still skating?

I never really understood the idea of "recovery" until I was an old man, but it's truly like your legs and shit only work right for a short duration after a certain age and you need days to recover. TRT eliminates a lot of that, just kinda takes you back in time 10 years before your body called it quits.

- Have you noticed that it is easier to burn body fat and build muscle?

Absolutely. I've always been a gym rat just because it keeps my brain from getting too haywire, but it 100% makes a huge difference in strength, size, really all that jock shit.

- You mentioned it changed your thinking as well... is that in how sharp you think?

It was kinda more like it helped stop the really bad depression, so I guess got me back to near normal. When I got "tested" my level was right under 300 so maybe part of the depression was related to low t.

-- What is your route of administration? If it is injections, are you used to them yet?

Inject it in my butt now, though I started by doing it into my thigh. The first time is crazy scary, just a very odd experience of stabbing yourself. Now it's not a big deal, especially if I use those thin needles.

All in all, highly recommend, but I have seen it lead other people to taking tren and deca and god knows what. To be fair though, they were always kinda weird people and I think their plan all along was to get gnarly with things and use TRT as a stepping stone. I'm happy just feeling more normal and still being able to do the things I love.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #864 on: April 18, 2024, 04:56:55 AM »
Great info. I appreciate the transparency. longterm wise, is it something you have to take forever? Or do you cycle it?

aleksander

« Reply #865 on: April 18, 2024, 06:32:46 PM »
Great info. I appreciate the transparency. longterm wise, is it something you have to take forever? Or do you cycle it?

Ahh, for sure, hope it is informative and helps someone. There's a weird stigma around it because so many jock bozos are drawn to it and people always equate it with hardcore steroids (and I was guilty of the same), but honestly I'd recommend trt to anyone who's getting up there in age and still wants to be as active as possible.

Some people do cycle it or do a "blast and cruise," but that's kind of out of my league or anything I'm interested in. Some people eventually stop and there are ways to taper off and other meds to use, but it did me so much good mentally, like way better than SSRIs, that I'm fine with taking it for the long haul.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #866 on: April 18, 2024, 06:45:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ahh, for sure, hope it is informative and helps someone. There's a weird stigma around it because so many jock bozos are drawn to it and people always equate it with hardcore steroids (and I was guilty of the same), but honestly I'd recommend trt to anyone who's getting up there in age and still wants to be as active as possible.

Some people do cycle it or do a "blast and cruise," but that's kind of out of my league or anything I'm interested in. Some people eventually stop and there are ways to taper off and other meds to use, but it did me so much good mentally, like way better than SSRIs, that I'm fine with taking it for the long haul.

man, again, thank you for taking the time to respond. I've talked to a few different people here and there about TRT, but they were very much what you would call a meathead, haha. great people though.

I am kind of in the same place you were; I keep putting this arbitrary number on what age I should start it. I got my levels tested 3 years ago and they were right at 550, so basically right in the middle. I am a naturally tall and slender person, but I have more body fat on me than I ever have and it all sits right in the middle of me. I am having the hardest time burning it off, especially because my cardio is limited due to my knee issues. I don't eat like shit and I am not an alcoholic, but it is genetics. I get a little belly just like the rest of the men in my family.

when I have been on these crazy gym benders training HIIT 5 times a week and doing an hour of cardio every day, my life, my mind, everything worked so much better. when you go from skateboarding 8 hours a day for 15 years to not being able to run, it really fucks you up. My issue is not being able to find the motivation to even get into the gym. I used to force myself to take pre-workout because I knew that if I took it I wouldn't be able to sit still and I would have to work out... I don't want to be in that headspace when it comes to exercise.

I think I am going to make a call to a few men's clinics locally and give it a shot.

thanks again, @aleksander - you might see a PM from me in the future regarding some kickboxing techniques.

aleksander

« Reply #867 on: April 20, 2024, 04:17:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

man, again, thank you for taking the time to respond. I've talked to a few different people here and there about TRT, but they were very much what you would call a meathead, haha. great people though.

I am kind of in the same place you were; I keep putting this arbitrary number on what age I should start it. I got my levels tested 3 years ago and they were right at 550, so basically right in the middle. I am a naturally tall and slender person, but I have more body fat on me than I ever have and it all sits right in the middle of me. I am having the hardest time burning it off, especially because my cardio is limited due to my knee issues. I don't eat like shit and I am not an alcoholic, but it is genetics. I get a little belly just like the rest of the men in my family.

when I have been on these crazy gym benders training HIIT 5 times a week and doing an hour of cardio every day, my life, my mind, everything worked so much better. when you go from skateboarding 8 hours a day for 15 years to not being able to run, it really fucks you up. My issue is not being able to find the motivation to even get into the gym. I used to force myself to take pre-workout because I knew that if I took it I wouldn't be able to sit still and I would have to work out... I don't want to be in that headspace when it comes to exercise.

I think I am going to make a call to a few men's clinics locally and give it a shot.

thanks again, @aleksander - you might see a PM from me in the future regarding some kickboxing techniques.

Dude, I very much know how it goes with injuries and wanting to train. I've had three knee surgeries now, basically can only lift weights and hit the heavy bag now, but it's better than nothing. I also take pre-workout and it's for sure not the best way to go about things, but if that's the spark I need to get my old ass to push through a hard workout, so be it. Beats the alternative of being sedentary.

That arbitrary number thing inadvertently led to some of the darkest periods of my life, so I hope the same doesn't happen to you. And for sure, any questions about anything hit me up!

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #868 on: April 20, 2024, 11:36:38 PM »
i know it’s boxing but, ryan garcia just trolled the world and then beat the fuck out of haney as a +500 underdog. this has to be mentioned. i picked him to win going in but, can’t legally bet here unfortunately. the ref was definitely trying to fuck ryan over and he still pulled it off. haney grabbing the entire fight, dropped 4 times. shame ryan can’t get the title for missing weight. dude has been completely unhinged and frankly embarrassing lately to the point that this fight was at risk of being cancelled due to ryan having a mental health evaluation and then he goes out there and makes it look easy. i really don’t pay attention to boxing at all unless it’s a big fight like this one which i think speaks a lot on how much he sold this fight, great performance.

Crust

« Reply #869 on: April 21, 2024, 01:02:18 AM »

How does everyone feel about fighters being on the juice?

@fineslime I don't like that fighters are on the juice, and that it is so normalised. The consequences of being at a disadvantage and subsequently losing a MMA fight can have significant effects. One KO or concussion can change someone's career trajectory and health for life. The severe repercussions make it that far more unethical.

I was glad when testing got introduced because it brought some level playing field to the game. But it still has a long way to go as many see it as an IQ test of how to work around it. The penalities to fighter's caught should be much greater.

Interesting spot on Suga, never would have suspected to him.