Author Topic: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)  (Read 58922 times)

shredbuffalo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -43
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2015, 06:12:07 AM »
I've seen your posts and pretty much ignored you the whole time I've been here, while pretty much everyone else has made fun of you/flamed you/etc...But I can't help myself here and just have to say it...Shut the fuck up Tracer.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2015, 07:06:33 PM »
Soooooo

The Diaz brothers are always fun to watch , Nate Diaz fight was super entertaining . Really good boxing and shit talking
Cant wait to Nick Diaz is back

Karolina the new polish strawweight against Markos . She took the fight on real short notice and it was her first fight . Give a year or 2 and she can be pretty damn good . nice ground and pound

Cerrone got rushed by RDA , Think they said the knee  to the ribs started it followed by the kick ,   and then it was just cowboy trying to hang on while RDA went for the kill

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2015, 02:30:37 PM »
Cerrone is a good hammer but a poor nail.  He folds i.e. the Pettis fight.  Plus he starts slowly.  Probably shouldn't have called RDA Frankenstein.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2015, 10:08:08 PM »
Cerrone is a good hammer but a poor nail.  He folds i.e. the Pettis fight.  Plus he starts slowly.  Probably shouldn't have called RDA Frankenstein.

Wonder how much his more "relaxed" training attitude effects his fights . Anyways was a good fight

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2016, 02:23:54 PM »
So did anybody see 195 ??

Albert Tumenov vs Lorenz Larkin was a good fight , I was hoping Tumenov would win ,and he did but he didnt dominate as much
as his last fight , and his leg was getting attacked hard

Stipe Miocic vs Andrei Arlovski . over way too fast , and I was hoping Arlovski would win . Funny how Stipe was screaming at Dana asking for a title shot

Robbie Lawler vs Carlos Condit . Pulling for Condit and I kind of thought he won . But it was a battle and pretty fucking amazing fight

aleksander

• Rep: 121
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2016, 10:16:28 PM »
So did anybody see 195 ??

Albert Tumenov vs Lorenz Larkin was a good fight , I was hoping Tumenov would win ,and he did but he didnt dominate as much
as his last fight , and his leg was getting attacked hard

Stipe Miocic vs Andrei Arlovski . over way too fast , and I was hoping Arlovski would win . Funny how Stipe was screaming at Dana asking for a title shot

Robbie Lawler vs Carlos Condit . Pulling for Condit and I kind of thought he won . But it was a battle and pretty fucking amazing fight

Lawler-Condit lived up to the hype. Scoring really needs an overhaul, not so much becuase I thought Condit got burned, but more because deciding who wins a fight should be about who beat the other guy up more, not who did better in 3 of 5 rounds.

Sad to see Arlovski lose. Always dug this --
www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLYJs830EX4
"Let's just do something stupid and ridiculous and just be as fucking regular as we possibly can."

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2016, 09:17:26 AM »
Well they could go to Pride rules which was based on damage/winner of the whole fight.  They need to implement the pride gloves too to help with the eye pokes.  Or the new Bellator gloves.

I wanted Condit for the win as well and think he did enough.  They are saying there might be an immediate rematch but we will see, Condit kind of seems over fighting.

I was pretty sure that arlovski was going down like that.  Stipe is really good.  I would like to see him fight Overeem .  I would also like to see Rothwell get into the upper mix.  He slayed overreem and got nothing for it. 

Cerrone is moving up to 170 for his next fight.  It will be interesting to see how it goes.  Ben Henderson has done pretty well.

Lastly Mcgregor vs RDA coming up.  I have to go with RDA 

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2016, 08:02:48 AM »
Well they could go to Pride rules which was based on damage/winner of the whole fight.  They need to implement the pride gloves too to help with the eye pokes.  Or the new Bellator gloves.

I wanted Condit for the win as well and think he did enough.  They are saying there might be an immediate rematch but we will see, Condit kind of seems over fighting.

I was pretty sure that arlovski was going down like that.  Stipe is really good.  I would like to see him fight Overeem .  I would also like to see Rothwell get into the upper mix.  He slayed overreem and got nothing for it. 

Cerrone is moving up to 170 for his next fight.  It will be interesting to see how it goes.  Ben Henderson has done pretty well.

but the HYPE !? , what about the HYPE ?!?  dont you belive in the HYPE ?!

aleksander

• Rep: 121
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2016, 02:25:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Honestly, I told everyone Conor was going to get exposed by Poirier. Then how Mendes was going to wreck him. Then how Aldo was going to put him in his place. At this point, I think he really does have lucky charms up his ass.

I kinda wish he would have some tune-ups first at 155. Cerrone, Diaz and Pettis all would have been exciting.
"Let's just do something stupid and ridiculous and just be as fucking regular as we possibly can."

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2016, 07:12:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Honestly, I told everyone Conor was going to get exposed by Poirier. Then how Mendes was going to wreck him. Then how Aldo was going to put him in his place. At this point, I think he really does have lucky charms up his ass.

I kinda wish he would have some tune-ups first at 155. Cerrone, Diaz and Pettis all would have been exciting.

Who knows with UFC , either somebody completely destroys somebody in tactics and punching / kicking  like Holm vs Rousey or it can just be a punch like Mcgregor vs Aldo

anyways I thought this was funny

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2016, 06:50:29 PM »
a State Athletic Commission today moved quickly to approve a settlement with suspended UFC welterweight Nick Diaz, voting unanimously to reduce the onetime title challenger’s five-year suspension to 18 months with a $100,000 fine.

Diaz’s suspension runs retroactively to his Jan. 31, 2015 fight with Anderson Silva at UFC 183, which produced the positive test that resulted in his third suspension with the NSAC. He is eligible to fight Aug. 1, per the terms of the settlement.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/01/nsac-quickly-quietly-passes-settlement-with-nick-diaz-now-suspended-18-months

Shits fucked up to start from , but I guess its a small victory .

Jan. 18  Fight Night Boston

calling it

Dillashaw , Pettis , Mitrione , Pearson , Cote .  I Really hope Pettis wins , dude is damn good .  Its a good card so will be awesome

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2016, 09:03:50 PM »
So lets bump this then and try to keep it going , atleast for new cards

Since nothing is going on Ill just post my fav MMA podcasts

Fight Companion by Joe Rogan  is joined by Brendan Schaub, Bryan Callen, and Eddie Bravo Sometimes with UFC fighters and random people on

Joe Rogan Experience - Fight Companion - August 6, 2016

MMA Hour with ariel helwani

The MMA Hour: Episode 342 (w/Hendo, Weidman, Overeem, Cro Cop, Bendo, More)

MMA Beat with  ariel helwani Luke Thomas Jeff Waggenheim Chuck Mindenhall

The MMA Beat: Episode 118

Luke thomas also does 2 shows Monday Morning Analyst and Live Chat

Live Chat: UFC 201 results, championship turnover, Nick Diaz's return

MMA Digest for news and funnies

Conor McGregor & Nate Diaz talk rematch at UFC 202 & potential 3rd fight

MMA Nation also has some good ones like Heavy Hands, MMA Vivisection, Care / Dont Care ,If I Did It and  Prospectus

https://www.youtube.com/user/MMANationDotCom/videos

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2016, 09:10:26 AM »
Nah, let's use the other thread.
you never know about pre-cum 

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2016, 08:00:08 PM »
I like the podcast list.  MMA hour and anything by Ariel is definitely my favourite.  He's the man for sure

Submission radio is pretty good too.  Couple of Australian that always have really big names being interviewed.

I used to listen to those fight companions, but they always go so off track that I can never make it through a full episode.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2016, 08:57:39 AM »
Oh yeah forgot about Submission radio , they updated afew days ago but before that they were quiet for 1 month or something

UFC 202: Diaz vs. McGregor 2

August 20, 2016 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada

Welterweight   Nate Diaz   vs.   Conor McGregor            
Light Heavyweight   Anthony Johnson   vs.   Glover Teixeira            
Welterweight   Rick Story   vs.   Donald Cerrone            
Welterweight   Hyun Gyu Lim   vs.   Mike Perry            
Welterweight   Tim Means   vs.   Sabah Homasi            

Bantamweight   Cody Garbrandt   vs.   Takeya Mizugaki            
Women's Bantamweight   Raquel Pennington   vs.   Elizabeth Phillips            
Featherweight   Artem Lobov   vs.   Chris Avila            
Women's Strawweight   Randa Markos   vs.   Cortney Casey            

Welterweight   Neil Magny   vs.   Lorenz Larkin            
Welterweight   Colby Covington   vs.   Max Griffin            
Middleweight   Alberto Uda   vs.   Marvin Vettori   

So its finally going down !

I was team Diaz the first fight even though I thought Connor might win . Just thought Nate coming in in short notice and connor being on his hype train that it would be too difficult for Nate to win . But Im happy I was wrong . Im team Diaz for almost all fights (unless they are fighting Joanna or Mighty Mouse )  and Im team Diaz for this one aswell

Coming in on a full camp should secure the win again . But hey its MMA , anything could happen

Fights I care about other then the main

Anthony Johnson   vs.   Glover Teixeira ( Should be a real fun fight think Johnson will win and maybe get a title shot from it)      
Rick Story   vs.   Donald Cerrone    ( Everybody loves the cowboy , how can you not ?)
Cody Garbrandt   vs.   Takeya Mizugaki    ( Think Cody has it and might get a title shot out of this or fight TJ )
Artem Lobov   vs.   Chris Avila( Lobov is just living of Connor and getting fights from it , he looked good in the show but hes not)   
Randa Markos   vs.   Cortney Casey ( Markos looked bad her last fight even though she won, but its 115 so only care cause of that)
Neil Magny   vs.   Lorenz Larkin   ( Magny looked amazing the last fight, great cardio and no quit mentality )

Dont really care about the others , but will watch . Theres a press conference next week on WED with Nate and Connor . Might get interesting

8 Days away !!!

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2016, 08:49:42 AM »
Anyone ells catch the press conference ?  Conor being late , the insults , Nate leaving , the water bottle / monster energy can throwing ?

Some good shit =)

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2016, 12:57:33 PM »
I did see conlan flip off the judges after he lost to nikitin.. That was pretty neat, and the interviews following were just as good

Irish can't handle losing

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2016, 10:35:22 AM »
Damn, that press conference was pretty great actually.  Love how Nate left as soon as Conor showed up.  Conor was so pissed, haha.

Anyways, I LOVE Nate Diaz.  Him beating Conor last time was the best thing EVER.  I was just jumping and screaming "OH MY GOODNESS!  HE DID IT" For like 20 minutes when that happened.

This time, all signs point to Diaz winning again.  He's looking so ripped and in shape compared to last time, and with a full camp you have to think there is no way Conor beats him.  It also seems like Nate is winning the whole mental game too, which I think always throws Conor off.  I love it.

However...I don't know, I'm so nervous.  Like I've lost sleep over this fight I'm so nervous.  Something in me keeps saying Conor is going to win, and in devastating fashion.  I hope I'm wrong, but I don't know, just my gut is telling me Conor wins.  Which sucks.  I really hope it's nate though.  I kinda hate Conor.  He's fun to have around cause he's so entertaining, but I actually can't stand him.

Anyways, other fights I'm excited about:

Rumble vs Glover (I love both of these guys, everyone is picking Rumble, but I'm going to pick Glover with the upset)
Rick Story vs Cowboy  (Cowboy is on a tear, and yeah everyone loves him)
Garbrant vs  Mizugaki (I'd love to see the Garbrant hype train come to an end, but I think he wins this one by KO early)
Lobov vs Avila (love this matchup, team Conor vs Team Diaz. Lobov is winless in the UFC, so I think he wins, but I'm rooting for Avila)
Markos vs Casey (cheering for Markos cause she's a fellow Canadian, but she's never really looked that impressive, so I think Casey takes it)
Magny vs Larkin (Magny is one of my favourite fighters.  He's got this one)

I have to miss the fightpass, and fs1 prelims cause I'm at a wedding.  So bummed, but hopefully I get home in time to catch the 3 main fights.  Can't wait, yet at the same time I'm so nervous I feel sick to my stomach

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2016, 11:05:22 AM »
Diaz will win regardless if he wins or loses. Even if McGregor wins, that just means they tied and need to do a 3rd fight.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2016, 11:07:04 AM »
I just can't see Glover winning, Rumble is so strong and fast while glover always looks plodding to me.

Story vs cowboy is interesting as they both fight best as the bully and seem to not do as well under pressure.  going with cowboy though.

garbrandt

Magny

GOATMOON

• Rep: -1
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2016, 04:06:20 PM »

Garbrant vs  Mizugaki (I'd love to see the Garbrant hype train come to an end, but I think he wins this one by KO early)

Damn I completely slept on this fight. Isn't this Mizugaki's first fight back since getting blitzkrieg'd by Cruz? Kinda sucks for him, I could see the same sort of thing happening tonight..

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2016, 10:08:42 PM »
Great fight.....and I swear Diaz was going to KO him in the 4th round. Can't for the 3rd fight.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2016, 10:10:54 PM »
First time in a long time I paid for a fight. Worth it. Can't wait for part 3.
you never know about pre-cum 

GOATMOON

• Rep: -1
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2016, 11:56:08 PM »
Yeah there were a few moments where I was sure Conor was done, but he did a great job of recovering between rounds. Plus all of the blood and damage to his leg kind of fucked Diaz's ability to generate offense later in the fight. He should probably try to get some of his scar tissue removed so he doesn't cut as easily in the future.

Also, how about Anthony Johnson fucking murdering Glover? I think he's the scariest guy in the UFC.

Big Sweatpants

• Rep: -66
  • KOOKIN' IT SO FUCKING HARD
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2016, 01:29:42 AM »
Had big figures on Diaz...shit was rigged. I just knew if it went to decision that Connor would win regardless. It's a popularity contest.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2016, 09:53:44 PM »
Sooooooo ........ FUCK

I thought Nate won , but who the fuck knows . So close to call and Im biased , since Im a Diaz fan . One thing is sure , it was one fucking amazing fight . So close in the third or was it the fourth when Nate had Conor against the fence and almost knocked him out

I guess in the end this was great for Nate , Conor and the UFC . No losers in this at all  . Conor wins but Diaz looses on points and it was so close it could have gone either way . UFC gets back Conor as mystic mac and he can smack talk again and do what he wants . Diaz gets another fight against conor which he can win and make alot more money again . UFC just makes money on it

If they do it at 155 the winner can get a title fight . Everybody wins . Nate has the 3rd fight !

Anthony Johnsons knockout was amazing , just amazing and it will be a good fight vs DC . Have a hard time backing Johnson cause of his personal life stuff , but he is a good fighter

Cowboy another great fight which he won pretty easy

Cody Garbrandt kicking as like always . I guess hes fighting Cruz next ? Cruz will win he is just on another level

Artem Lobov wins but it was not a great fight and cant say I care too much   

Neil Magny   vs.   Lorenz Larkin . I had Magny but he kind of folded in this fight , Larkin was looking super good

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2016, 05:53:25 AM »
Please no third fight, especially with conor demanding it at 155.  make him defend his belt. 

rumble vs glover prety much went how I thought it would but faster.

I thought Lorenz Larkin was the most impressive of the night,  Magny has looked great since his Maia fight, especially i the lombard fight after barely getting through the first round.  Larkins leg punishment was brutal.

Not looking forward to condit/ Maia.  Condit has always been a favorite but his take down defense is not great.  I like seeing Maia control people but would like to see a classic condit win in what is most likely one of his last fights.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2016, 05:56:25 AM »
Yeah there were a few moments where I was sure Conor was done, but he did a great job of recovering between rounds. Plus all of the blood and damage to his leg kind of fucked Diaz's ability to generate offense later in the fight. He should probably try to get some of his scar tissue removed so he doesn't cut as easily in the future.

Also, how about Anthony Johnson fucking murdering Glover? I think he's the scariest guy in the UFC.

I agree, Johnson is scary, but then you see him fight cormier and see how good cormier is.  jones and cormier are so much better than the other guys it seems.  Light heavy weight needs some new contenders.  

Though it is looking like we will see jones/cormier soon if Dana is right.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 05:57:56 AM by rfox »

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2016, 09:38:52 AM »

Anthony Johnsons knockout was amazing , just amazing and it will be a good fight vs DC . Have a hard time backing Johnson cause of his personal life stuff , but he is a good fighter

Wait.....what is with his personal life? I am not too in tuned with the UFC in that way.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2016, 10:04:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wait.....what is with his personal life? I am not too in tuned with the UFC in that way.

accusations of wife/girlfriend abuse, something about dog abuse as well