Author Topic: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)  (Read 58990 times)

vancanman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
Re: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2017, 12:08:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Money is 40 his speed might be dwindling. McGregor is 28 I think he could win  ???

[close]

Not in boxing though. His offense isn't that good. Even Manny had a hard time pursuing Mayweather. All Floyd has to do is evade and get some technical points and he's good.

The lack of respect for boxing amongst mma fans for boxing is incredible. Connor has absolutely no chance to win this fight. He's probably the best 145 pounder in the UFC but he'll never make that weight again.  I doubt he fights a real contender at 155 again. There are a couple 155ers that would probably beat him and let's be honest he lost both the daiz fights. He should retire after this fight. His fans will be able to say he was the best lightweight ever even though he only fought once. That being said he's an incredible mma fighter at the right weight.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2017, 02:26:42 AM »
Its kind of sad in a way. Ive tried to keep this thread alive many times. And theres been no shortage of interesting things happening in UFC. New owner shit storm. Cody dropping out and the TJ vs DJ shit storm showing Danas mafia style negotiating. Joanna and Stipe defending their belts. Max defeating Jose Aldo.

And the thing that bumps this thread is conor vs floyd...

Connor has absolutely no chance to win this fight

Really ? absolutely no chance ? not even 1% ? There is no way in hell he can get a lucky shot in ? or Floyd makes a costly mistake ? or that its a fixed fight ? theres not even a 0.00000001% chance he can win ? lol

He's probably the best 145 pounder in the UFC but he'll never make that weight again.

So if the UFC offerd Conor 500 Milion USD to make 145 ? are you telling me he cant do it ? cause hes made weight every time. He has Never missed weight at 145. So what makes you so sure he cant make it now ?

So many weird things about this fight. Nevada sanctioned a boxing fight between the best boxer in the world with a 50/0 record vs a guy who hasnt done a single pro or am boxing fight...

Unless Conor gets knocked out I guess its a win for MMA. If Conor wins its a win for the MMA. If Floyd wins on points I guess its not really a win for boxing, But more a win for MMA

But Boxing fans will have a field day with this shit. If Conor looses there will be no end to all the shit MMA fans will get. How much superior boxing is to MMA. And when you bring up that Conor left MMA to go to boxing and left behind grappling, kicking, knees, elbows and everything ells. But it wont matter. They will still say boxing is superior cause floyd won...

I hope Conor goes in hand head kicks him, gives him a 1,2 and then takes him down and chokes him out. Or atleast totaly destroys him the press conferences. Brings up the woman beating every 2 minutes and every other shitty thing about floyd
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 02:46:43 AM by Monty Burns »

buns out

• Rep: 3
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2017, 09:23:08 AM »
All the arguments about which sport is better are fucking stupid. They are both cool but both different in so many ways. I boxed in the amateurs and I'm sure after a mama fighter got past my initial five punches and got ahold of me I'd be done. If he can't kick or grab I'll probably have the advantage because in boxing footwork and punching are all I practice and it's different footwork,  punching,  and distance technique  than mama because you don't have to worry about kicks, grabs, elbows etc. in the end though I'd rather know mma for a street fight, you're better off knowing all that shit and not just punching. I love boxing and rarely watch mma but holy fuck do I hate Floyd. He's been entertaining in about two fights in his entire career I cannot stand his ultra defensive style. I see him winning though he's done this all his life and Conor probably doesn't have the footwork, speed or technique to catch Floyd and actually hurt him. Anything can happen and it could turn out to be a good fight but I'm saving my money for canelo vs ggg two weeks later.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2017, 09:55:28 AM »
I mean if Manny couldn't even tag Floyd, the Connor for sure won't. Manny doesn't have knock out power but dude is quick as shit. That fight was the shittiest thing I have ever seen. I assume Connor's will be the same but with some mocking here and there.

I can't wait for the GGG and Canelo fight too. I have my money on Canelo.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Glue Reed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2017, 10:03:42 AM »
I'm no Floyd fan either, but don't underestimate his knockout power.  Everybody thinks he's just gonna run and duck punches all night but he's knocked quite a few tough guys out over the years.  He's a masterful fighter in just about every aspect.

However, it's been somewhat proven that the way to beat Floyd is to brawl with him, not try and be out-quick and box him.  Jose Luis Castillo proved this in his first fight with him (watch that fight, Floyd lost and most people think so... except the judges).  So if McGregor is gonna do anything at all it's going to have to be that... just try and pin him in a corner and make a street fight of it. 

Ain't gonna happen though.  I bet he gets knocked out.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2017, 11:44:29 AM »
I actually have never seen the Conelo vs Mayweather fight but how did he lose there?

I think the street fight mentality could work but Mayweather would never allow it. Since he is a defensive fighter, he will just cover or play defense and then move out of the corner. Connor will just have to find a tactic where he can land punches but also not get hit. I would imagine fighting Floyd is very frustrating.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2017, 12:22:17 PM »
I actually have never seen the Conelo vs Mayweather fight but how did he lose there?

I think the street fight mentality could work but Mayweather would never allow it. Since he is a defensive fighter, he will just cover or play defense and then move out of the corner. Connor will just have to find a tactic where he can land punches but also not get hit. I would imagine fighting Floyd is very frustrating.

I was thinking about this, I feel that if Mayweather spends the fight hugging McGregor might slip and throw a kick. Dude definitely knows it's not the same playing field and after losing his sparring partner and becoming a father he might retire
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2017, 01:20:21 PM »
Also....I am wondering if fatigue is going to hurt Connor as well. I know he's the younger guy but he hasn't been going long rounds like Mayweather has. I know Floyd is 40 but dude has the energy of a young kid. Connor's punching power won't be there after a couple of rounds.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

vancanman

« Reply #128 on: June 17, 2017, 09:16:51 AM »
Its kind of sad in a way. Ive tried to keep this thread alive many times. And theres been no shortage of interesting things happening in UFC. New owner shit storm. Cody dropping out and the TJ vs DJ shit storm showing Danas mafia style negotiating. Joanna and Stipe defending their belts. Max defeating Jose Aldo.

Expand Quote
[close]

Really ? absolutely no chance ? not even 1% ? There is no way in hell he can get a lucky shot in ? or Floyd makes a costly mistake ? or that its a fixed fight ? theres not even a 0.00000001% chance he can win ? lol

Expand Quote
He's probably the best 145 pounder in the UFC but he'll never make that weight again.
[close]

So if the UFC offerd Conor 500 Milion USD to make 145 ? are you telling me he cant do it ? cause hes made weight every time. He has Never missed weight at 145. So what makes you so sure he cant make it now ?

So many weird things about this fight. Nevada sanctioned a boxing fight between the best boxer in the world with a 50/0 record vs a guy who hasnt done a single pro or am boxing fight...

Unless Conor gets knocked out I guess its a win for MMA. If Conor wins its a win for the MMA. If Floyd wins on points I guess its not really a win for boxing, But more a win for MMA

But Boxing fans will have a field day with this shit. If Conor looses there will be no end to all the shit MMA fans will get. How much superior boxing is to MMA. And when you bring up that Conor left MMA to go to boxing and left behind grappling, kicking, knees, elbows and everything ells. But it wont matter. They will still say boxing is superior cause floyd won...

I hope Conor goes in hand head kicks him, gives him a 1,2 and then takes him down and chokes him out. Or atleast totaly destroys him the press conferences. Brings up the woman beating every 2 minutes and every other shitty thing about floyd

1% is about the chance he has. Not really a competitive fight. I'm saying he'll never go to 145 again because he has no incentive to go back down. He has a really hard time making the weight and he doesn't seem to have any interest in fighting anyone at that weight. I would guess that if he ever even fights in the UFC after this it will be super fights. He should take his money and run. Why put yourself through the damage for a much smaller payday.

You are right that some boxing fans will say that boxing is the superior fighting style but who cares. Most people have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to fighting. I did Muay Thai for 22 years and a few years of jujitsu and I'm only qusai informed on mma. Obviously an mma fight between them would be over way faster than this boxing match will be. I hope the fight goes a few rounds at least.

Floyd is a complete piece of shit as a human so yet another reason this fight is a bummer.

But really it's just a sport so fuck it get paid.

I'll just put this video of Connor sparring a boxer no were near floyds level here.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=etWbCUQ_68w
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 09:18:28 AM by vancanman »

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #130 on: June 17, 2017, 03:35:18 PM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

1% is about the chance he has. Not really a competitive fight. I'm saying he'll never go to 145 again because he has no incentive to go back down. He has a really hard time making the weight and he doesn't seem to have any interest in fighting anyone at that weight. I would guess that if he ever even fights in the UFC after this it will be super fights. He should take his money and run. Why put yourself through the damage for a much smaller payday.

You are right that some boxing fans will say that boxing is the superior fighting style but who cares. Most people have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to fighting. I did Muay Thai for 22 years and a few years of jujitsu and I'm only qusai informed on mma. Obviously an mma fight between them would be over way faster than this boxing match will be. I hope the fight goes a few rounds at least.

Floyd is a complete piece of shit as a human so yet another reason this fight is a bummer.

I'll just put this video of Connor sparring a boxer no were near floyds level here.

All I know is Conor can hit, and will be training at elevation with the best coaches in boxing. Will be a huge blow for boxing if money loses, and we're all sick of Mayweather.

It's going to be very strange when Buffer announces "At 50-0 the undefeated Floyd Money Mayweather!! And In the blue corner making his professional boxing debut, Conor McGregor!" This is how much boxing has suffered...

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2017, 04:48:45 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I guess the boxer who posted this stated that its actually 1 year old sparring footage (from when conor was preparing for the Diaz rematch). I'm sure he's at least slightly better now.

Some say this whole fiasco could hurt boxing more than help it, but I'm hoping it would have an inverse effect. Maybe Floyd's skill would remind others how gnarly and advanced boxing really is; given the mass impression that Conor is a beast with the hands, in his own right.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2017, 06:26:54 AM »
Plus conors power will be much diminished by the 16oz gloves

vancanman

« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2017, 11:21:34 AM »

16 ounce is for sparring. 10 ounce gloves are used in almost all professional fights. But you are correct. It will take some power away.

He probably has improved in the last year. Especially if he gave up on all other training to focus on boxing but it's relative. He could take the next 5 years off and only box and still wouldn't have as much skill as Floyd. I think Connor was a boxer too before mma if I'm not mistaken. It's just that Floyd is so damn good at what he does. His ring generalship is off the charts.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #134 on: June 21, 2017, 08:32:39 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

16 ounce is for sparring. 10 ounce gloves are used in almost all professional fights. But you are correct. It will take some power away.

He probably has improved in the last year. Especially if he gave up on all other training to focus on boxing but it's relative. He could take the next 5 years off and only box and still wouldn't have as much skill as Floyd. I think Connor was a boxer too before mma if I'm not mistaken. It's just that Floyd is so damn good at what he does. His ring generalship is off the charts.

My bad.  Yeah i think conor was fighting golden gloves in ireland before mma. 

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #135 on: June 21, 2017, 10:37:11 AM »
Holly Holm's headkick was pretty badass

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #136 on: June 21, 2017, 12:24:34 PM »

Yeah but the rest of the fight was pretty damn MEEEEEE. Imagine if that fight went 5 rounds to a decision...

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: June 21, 2017, 12:48:40 PM »
She needed that win. I felt like that would have been her last fight in a long time if she lost.

I know this is probably the wrong thread but what do people think of the Andre Ward fight?
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2017, 04:28:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah but the rest of the fight was pretty damn MEEEEEE. Imagine if that fight went 5 rounds to a decision...

Honestly it was like playing a video game with your friend without doing a tutorial, you spend the first bit figuring out the controls and nobody is hitting anything.

Would have been a draw in a decision as neither did shit for 2 rounds

buns out

• Rep: 3
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2017, 06:56:29 PM »
She needed that win. I felt like that would have been her last fight in a long time if she lost.

I know this is probably the wrong thread but what do people think of the Andre Ward fight?
I think that was a horrible stoppage. Kolvaev was definitely hurt butt those last 3 shots were pretty low.

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #140 on: June 27, 2017, 09:30:54 AM »
Anybody watch Bellator NYC this past weekend? It was a pretty awesome event for the most part. I'm new to a lot of these fighter's, but it was pretty enjoyable. I've read that most fighters on their roster are pretty content with Bellator as opposed to the UFC, where fighters are constantly complaining about pay/opportunity etc. Good competition for the ufc.

Bellator 180: Fight Highlights
Bellator NYC: Fight Highlights

Some notable parts:

-Standout Pro-boxer Heather Hardy made her mma debut and won. Was pretty pysched for her; she's a sweetheart. Not sure how many transitional boxer's have pulled this off.
-Young gun/Conor mcgregor gym partner James gallagher killed it against someone literally half his age.
-New highly touted prospect Aaron Pico lost in an upset. A lot of people are saying it was a huge mistake for bellator to push him so soon.
-Prob the most controversial fight of the night, Michael chandler lost his lightweight belt to Brent Primus due to a medical stoppage. Chandler turned his ankle really bad and could only fight on one leg, but still nearly ko'd Primus.   
-Legend Fedor Emelianenko lost to matt mitrione in a rare, exciting double ko.
-The best mouthpiece in pro sports Chael Sonnen, beat wanderlei Silva pretty easily with good take down offense.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2017, 09:51:19 AM »
Bellator had its highlights.

Chinzo Machida is a lot older than Gallagher.  Plus not a grappler and said he hasn't been focusing on his MMA career

I think Pico asked for a seasoned opponent so that is kind of on him.

Fedor should probably retire but most likely won't

Chael's talk has gone downhill

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #142 on: July 13, 2017, 02:23:25 PM »
Has anyone been following the mayweather/mcgregor pressers? The Toronto one was pretty nuts, highly entertaining and very intense. I was jaw dropped and riled up at times, with the things that were being said. The amount of energy going on in this event is insane.

-1:33:00 mark for start of ceremony/if you wanna bypass most of the pundit talk (I think a lot of it's insightful though)
-1:43:00 mark for mcgregor's mic time.
-1:52:00 mark for mayweather's mic time

Mayweather vs. McGregor: Toronto Press Conference | Sat., Aug. 26 on SHOWTIME PPV

I'll probably try to watch the fight somehow. Mcgregor has so much momentum through fanfare and trash talk on his side, while Floyd has the predictable advantage of skill. I'm siding with Floyd: can't help but to go with the unpopular bad-guy.   

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: July 13, 2017, 02:59:23 PM »
I have been watching. It's been the circus show that I predicted. I've been seeing other videos where Floyd confesses how he isn't the fighter he used to be in regards to his body. I do think Connor, although being younger, has terrible stamina and probably can't go the distance since I see it that way. If I had a million to bet, I am sure Floyd will win but there is that small percentage that Connor could knock him out.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #144 on: July 13, 2017, 04:42:58 PM »
I got invited to the Toronto press conference but hastily turned it down, who goes to those things.

Bummed Nunez dropped out, she was going to lose.
RIP to Travis Browne's career

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Head kook
« Reply #145 on: July 30, 2017, 09:01:10 AM »
Dang sukka that shit last night was tighter than fuck woohoo

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2017, 09:20:37 AM »
Official Prediction

Mayweather by KO in the 5th round. No shenanigans Money will hurt Conor and maybe retire after the fight. You can get tickets for a grand, if the undercard is good it's not a total waste.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #147 on: August 26, 2017, 09:34:09 AM »
Is there a good ppv app for kodi? Fuck giving these fools money, but I am interested in the spectacle.
you never know about pre-cum 

vancanman

« Reply #148 on: August 26, 2017, 10:38:03 AM »
Official prediction

Connor might win a round our two in the first three by constantly coming forward while Floyd figures out his timing but takes no real damage. Floyd will land pot shots here and there and will focus on the body for a couple rounds. Connor will start to get tired after 5/6 rounds and Floyd will take over. I want to say Floyd cruses to a decision but I think he can stop Connor around 8/9. Ref might wave it off because Connors getting tuned up.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #149 on: August 26, 2017, 12:02:48 PM »
Never really been into boxing/mma or what ever you wanna call it. But I am pretty interested in it now bandwagon I guess. But I might go watch it at my bosses house and see if its really that sick or not