Author Topic: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)  (Read 58966 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #360 on: April 26, 2021, 07:47:28 AM »
Last night was nuts, from the early prelims to the main card. 

Sucks for Jimmy Crute and Weidman, hope they heal up fast. Can’t help but feel this is it for Weidman, he’s taken a ton of big damage lately, he’s not getting any younger and I highly doubt he’s going to get any better. Also, throwing a lazy low kick against a seasoned striker like Uriah Hall was a terrible idea.

Usman keeps getting better and better; teaming up with Trevor Whittman to work on his striking was the best decision possible. I don’t see any current 170er’s beating him, dude’s straight-up scary now. If he beats Colby it’ll probably be Leon Edwards or Burns again, and I don’t see either guy beating him.

Fun night.

(Sorry for the wall of text, it’s raining, I’m stoned and I’m bored.)

Agreed on Weidman, dude has been knocked out a lot recently and the leg injury was horrific, the bone was poking through the skin. He posted on IG today said he was doing fine, but probably on shitloads of morphine.

Wanted the Usman fight to go on a little longer, the exchanges at the end of round 1 were getting interesting. Rose getting the head kick KO was beautiful. Also Rogan needs to stop interviewing fighters after they get knocked out.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

NorthShore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #361 on: April 28, 2021, 06:21:00 AM »
This was a special night for the UFC! You could tell that everyone was psyched to be there, from fighters to refs to commentators.

I was most stoked for Rose and hoped she would win back the title. The head kick was so amazing, let's not forget that Zhang was undefeated for 21 fights in a row!

Valentina dominated, there was one point when Andrade tried to take her down and she just wouldn't budge. It went downhill fast from there.

And Usman, wow! Wanted to see Masvidal do some damage but can't dislike Usman. Like folks on here said, he keeps getting better and better. He deals with all the hate and is a class act, does a lot of outreach. Great champion and role model. He can hold down this division Khabib style for a long time, don't see anyone giving him any trouble for now. (And hope they don't have him do a Covington rematch, please).

Also, who do you have for Chandler vs. Oliveira at UFC 262?

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #362 on: April 28, 2021, 10:40:16 AM »
This was a special night for the UFC! You could tell that everyone was psyched to be there, from fighters to refs to commentators.

I was most stoked for Rose and hoped she would win back the title. The head kick was so amazing, let's not forget that Zhang was undefeated for 21 fights in a row!

Valentina dominated, there was one point when Andrade tried to take her down and she just wouldn't budge. It went downhill fast from there.

And Usman, wow! Wanted to see Masvidal do some damage but can't dislike Usman. Like folks on here said, he keeps getting better and better. He deals with all the hate and is a class act, does a lot of outreach. Great champion and role model. He can hold down this division Khabib style for a long time, don't see anyone giving him any trouble for now. (And hope they don't have him do a Covington rematch, please).

I hope Chandler doesn't win. He just got in the UFC and he's fighting for the title which is so odd. But I will say Chandler is the better name to sell for either Connor or Porier to fight him next. Oliveira is a great fighter but most casual fans won't care if he wins.

Sucks how the Dillashaw vs Sandhagen fight is cancelled. Was looking forward to that one.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #363 on: April 28, 2021, 01:48:07 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I hope Chandler doesn't win. He just got in the UFC and he's fighting for the title which is so odd. But I will say Chandler is the better name to sell for either Connor or Porier to fight him next. Oliveira is a great fighter but most casual fans won't care if he wins.

Sucks how the Dillashaw vs Sandhagen fight is cancelled. Was looking forward to that one.

Super bummed on dilly v sandy. Was really looking forward to that

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #364 on: April 28, 2021, 07:39:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

The Dillashaw that destory Renan Barao to win the belt looked unstoppable, the future of the MMA type of fighter. That was in May 2014, 7 years ago.

Sandhagen has been looking good too, interested to see how a Dillashaw handles a lanky fighter.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #365 on: April 28, 2021, 10:20:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

The Dillashaw that destory Renan Barao to win the belt looked unstoppable, the future of the MMA type of fighter. That was in May 2014, 7 years ago.

Sandhagen has been looking good too, interested to see how a Dillashaw handles a lanky fighter.

Yeah I'm very curious how he matches up with arguably the most dangerous finisher in the division right now. Also talk about a mess of a division at the top right now

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #366 on: April 28, 2021, 11:17:49 PM »
I was just thinking how Chris Weidman's careers have been defined by failed kicks.
1) Broke Anderson Silva's leg in the rematch
2) Missed a spinning wheel kick on Luke Rockhold that got him taken down and pounded, lost the belt
3) Broke his leg in his most recent fight with Hall
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #367 on: April 29, 2021, 04:10:03 AM »
I thought JM was doing pretty well in round 1, he landed an elbow or two that sent Usman backwards in retreat but only for a few seconds. Man that knock out was wild.
People asked Usman why he threw the extra punches (of course to set up the joke where he can say super necessary) but I didn’t think those last punches were “extra” JM was still conscious and those last two punches when he was on the ground are what fully knocked him out.

Fucking Rose! Weli said it was an early stop but she looked KOd for like 2 seconds once rose to threw those final shots while Weli was on the ground.

I went back and watched Valentina VS Amanda 2.
Valentina was so impressive in that fight. Going into round 5 it def felt like it was 2-2. In the 5th round Amanda took Valentina down but valentinas defense while on the ground in that 5th round was amazing and Valentina landed some good strikes from her back in round 5. I think Valentina could have won round 5 based on how great her defense was. 1 judge even scored the fight fir Valentina.
 It is an awesome fight (not like Joanna and Weli where it was bang for bang, it was pretty tech).
If y’all haven’t seen that fight, or haven’t watched it in a long time, check it out.
Also in that fight Valentina weighed in at 133 while Amanda was 135, so it seems like Valentina didn’t really cut any weight so she must have gone into that fight at least 15 pounds lighter than Amanda. 

I don’t think Valentina and Amanda need to fight again. Amanda won the first 2 fights. Valentina is clearly more all around skilled but that weight difference really seems to make a difference.

That whole UFC card was awesome, I started watching at the first early prelim fight. I did miss 1 fight at the end of the prelims to take a nap but wow what a card!
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #368 on: April 29, 2021, 09:37:21 AM »
Valentina vs Nunes 3 is just to do it cause the rest of the fighters in the division aren't at their level. Now that Valentina made light work of Andrade, do we really want her to fight Katlyn Chookagian? Even Nunes fighting Pena is who is ranked 6 just shows there is no one to fight of worth.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #369 on: April 29, 2021, 12:17:48 PM »
rose went to the high school i attend

very very proud

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #370 on: May 05, 2021, 04:08:10 PM »
What do you guys think of jiri smoking every balding dude at lhw

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #371 on: May 06, 2021, 05:40:12 AM »
What do you guys think of jiri smoking every balding dude at lhw

Maybe there is a psychoanalytic explanation: it is his way of fighting his own baldness.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #372 on: May 08, 2021, 07:58:13 AM »
For those of you who missed Bellator last night, this is one of the worst nose breaks I’ve ever seen.

https://streamable.com/imdt4i

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #373 on: May 08, 2021, 10:22:13 AM »
For those of you who missed Bellator last night, this is one of the worst nose breaks I’ve ever seen.

Bellator loves matching MVP up with cans so he can crush them. Craved Cyborg's skull in a few years ago with a flying knee.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #374 on: May 08, 2021, 11:19:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Bellator loves matching MVP up with cans so he can crush them. Craved Cyborg's skull in a few years ago with a flying knee.

I know that, but Derek Anderson’s not a can with a full-time job. He’s beaten Brandon Girtz, Patricky Pitbull, Saad Awad and lost a close split to Brent Primus. He’s no cab driver that hits pads on the weekends.

MVP annoys the shit out of me but he was on-point last night. Still think Lima KO’s him again though.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #375 on: May 08, 2021, 11:24:07 AM »
Mvp is the most empty hype in mma. Doug will crack him again

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #376 on: May 08, 2021, 02:29:24 PM »
Ribas vs Hill, Rothwell vs Lins and Ryan Benoit vs. Zarrukh Adashev have been cancelled for tonight.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #377 on: May 08, 2021, 03:53:01 PM »

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #378 on: May 08, 2021, 07:42:00 PM »
I just woke from a nap to see the Cowboy fight.
Man I wanted him to win.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #379 on: May 08, 2021, 07:43:56 PM »
Man I wanted him to win.

Cowboy needs to hang up the gloves. He just got beat by a guy on a weeks’ notice who only trained one day for this fight. He’s 0-5-1 in his last six.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #380 on: May 09, 2021, 07:58:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Man I wanted him to win.
[close]

Cowboy needs to hang up the gloves. He just got beat by a guy on a weeks’ notice who only trained one day for this fight. He’s 0-5-1 in his last six.

Damn i didn’t realize hes on that long of a losing streak... looks like he isn’t hanging it up, but not sure how that warrants another bout. Even if it’s his last hoorah. y’all think he’ll get his farewell fight?
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #381 on: May 09, 2021, 09:40:57 AM »
Fighters so rarely know when to hang it up

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #382 on: May 09, 2021, 09:42:36 AM »
Fighters so rarely know when to hang it up
Prime example: BJ Penn.

The end of his career was super sad.

These days, it’s Diego Sanchez’s situation that is really sad

NorthShore

• Rep: 5
« Reply #383 on: May 14, 2021, 01:16:26 PM »
Hey, UFC 262 Chandler vs. Oliveira... who do you have?

Chandler is a pitbull, I think he has this!

Worried about Ferguson though. He needs a win!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #384 on: May 14, 2021, 03:59:57 PM »
Hey, UFC 262 Chandler vs. Oliveira... who do you have?

Chandler is a pitbull, I think he has this!

Worried about Ferguson though. He needs a win!

I think do bronx will be an interesting matchup for him. He's taken great strides in his striking and is deadly on the ground. I think beneil is going to smoke ferg honestly. He's become very hittable after a long career of being elusive and has taken a LOT of damage in his last couple fights

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #385 on: May 14, 2021, 05:50:25 PM »
I want Tony and Charles to win, but I think chandler is going to beat Charles. And Ben is going to beat Tony.
Last week I felt like a typical toxic male watching the main event, all I could think about was how hot Michelle Waterson is during that fight.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #386 on: May 15, 2021, 01:11:09 AM »
I want Tony and Charles to win, but I think chandler is going to beat Charles. And Ben is going to beat Tony.
Last week I felt like a typical toxic male watching the main event, all I could think about was how hot Michelle Waterson is during that fight.

I feel horrible for Tony, dude has taken so much damage and looks like he fell off hard. I like Beneil Dariush's meat and potatoes striking and bottom game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgShlvwS3U8&ab_channel=UFC-UltimateFightingChampionship
Love the finish on Vick and the post victory roar, definitely felt hat primal rage when I used to do amateur kickboxing fights.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #387 on: May 15, 2021, 09:30:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgShlvwS3U8&ab_channel=UFC-UltimateFightingChampionship
Love the finish on Vick and the post victory roar, definitely felt hat primal rage when I used to do amateur kickboxing fights.

Speaking of guys who have taken a lot of damage, James Vick was decent and then Niko price's heel changed the whole trajectory of his career into a tail spin

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #388 on: May 15, 2021, 06:16:28 PM »
It's toxic to be attracted to someone? 

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #389 on: May 15, 2021, 07:15:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
It's toxic to be attracted to someone?
Lol idk I guess not.

Well I couldn’t get crackstreams to work so I just bought the PPV, this is the first PPV anything that I have ever bought.
I almost bought a $40 Pool Cue today but decided not to. Now I’m glad I didn’t buy it because I’d feel bad also spending the $70 on this PPV if I had.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.