Author Topic: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)  (Read 58924 times)

TheBoognish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
Re: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #390 on: May 15, 2021, 07:43:57 PM »
Holt shit Burgos vs Barboza was good.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #391 on: May 15, 2021, 09:20:18 PM »
Yeah that was great and the ending was wild.
(Spoiler)

Tony dominated again! Damn.
His knee has to be fucked up.

Next fight could be Tony vs Cowboy.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 09:27:42 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #392 on: May 15, 2021, 09:33:26 PM »
That was wild!

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #393 on: May 15, 2021, 09:43:10 PM »
HOLY FUUUUUCK
My wife started to get mad at my reaction during the end of Charles vs Chandler.
I have literally never yelled out like this from watching a fight before.
OMFG YES CHARLES!!!!!!
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #394 on: May 15, 2021, 09:53:27 PM »
HOLY FUUUUUCK
My wife started to get mad at my reaction during the end of Charles vs Chandler.
OMFG YES CHARLES!!!!!!
I was watching alone, and I still gave a standing ovation! 

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #395 on: May 16, 2021, 01:17:06 AM »
Fucking brutal. Good for do bronx baby. Also big ups to beneil for continuing Tony's sad fucking slide out of the contender tier into the gatekeeper tier

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #396 on: May 16, 2021, 04:14:53 AM »
I really liked how when Charles entered the ring, he went and gave Chandler a quick hug and shook hands with chandlers corner men. That’s not something you see often before the fight.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #397 on: May 16, 2021, 04:28:01 AM »
Expand Quote
HOLY FUUUUUCK
OMFG YES CHARLES!!!!!!
[close]
I was watching alone, and I still gave a standing ovation!

I most likely woke my neighbours up when that finish happened. What a come back !

I really wanted Chandler to win, but mad respect to Do Bronx, dude really deserves it.

"I was called a boy in the middle of lions. Tonight I showed I am a lion among lions. The boy from the favelas won." 

Such a badass quote

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #398 on: May 16, 2021, 06:38:35 AM »
UFC is a societal regression and if you cheer some working class Latino having his head smashed in so rich white guys with bald heads and beer guys make money you’re part of the problem.

It’s no mistake that the rise of barbarianism in sport correlated to the rise of Trump.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #399 on: May 16, 2021, 09:10:40 AM »
Feeling conflicted about Ferguson vs Daruish, Tony couldn't get anything going and his knee and ankle are fucked. Amazing how fast the fights caught up to him, he looked terrible last night.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 06:45:09 PM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #400 on: May 16, 2021, 09:33:24 AM »
Feeling conflicted about Ferguson vs Daruish, Tony couldn't get anything going and his knee and ankle are fucked. Amazing how fast the fights caught to him, he looked terrible last night.

The kind of damage he took in the Gaethje fight is the kind of damage that stays with you. Also, not tapping to that heel hook was dumb, his knee is toast for sure.

Plus dude is on the wrong side of 37 in the most competitive division, hate to say it as a fan, but his time is over. He’s good at being crazy, tough and catching people with subs, but his grappling fundamentals are piss-poor, there was no way he was out-grappling Dariush, a 3rd degree Romulo Barral black belt. Not saying it was a fun or a good fight, it was a grapplefuck of the highest order.

Imagine what Khabib would have done to him.

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #401 on: May 16, 2021, 10:41:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Feeling conflicted about Ferguson vs Daruish, Tony couldn't get anything going and his knee and ankle are fucked. Amazing how fast the fights caught to him, he looked terrible last night.
[close]

The kind of damage he took in the Gaethje fight is the kind of damage that stays with you. Also, not tapping to that heel hook was dumb, his knee is toast for sure.

Plus dude is on the wrong side of 37 in the most competitive division, hate to say it as a fan, but his time is over. He’s good at being crazy, tough and catching people with subs, but his grappling fundamentals are piss-poor, there was no way he was out-grappling Dariush, a 3rd degree Romulo Barral black belt. Not saying it was a fun or a good fight, it was a grapplefuck of the highest order.

Yeah that Gaethje fight took a lot out of him.  It was creepy when he was getting lit up and he started shaking his head.  Almost to try and shake off the head trauma.  That was rough to watch.

Eddy Bravo is always raving about how insanely good Tony is at grappling, and how he would hold his own against Khabib on the ground.  I think Khabib would have just mauled him(no surprise), but I still would have loved to see that fight before Tony took all the damage.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #402 on: May 16, 2021, 06:48:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yeah that Gaethje fight took a lot out of him.  It was creepy when he was getting lit up and he started shaking his head.  Almost to try and shake off the head trauma.  That was rough to watch.

Eddy Bravo is always raving about how insanely good Tony is at grappling, and how he would hold his own against Khabib on the ground.  I think Khabib would have just mauled him(no surprise), but I still would have loved to see that fight before Tony took all the damage.

One of the biggest missed fights of our generation.

Do Brox coming through in a big way, didn't think he would finish with a KO but that left hook was picture perfect.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #403 on: May 22, 2021, 11:29:37 PM »
Cody getting no love in his quest back to being champion. Font looked really impressive

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #404 on: May 23, 2021, 03:54:24 AM »
I couple nights ago I watched a few rob font fights and felt like he had more tools in his bag than Cody does.
Cody did okay with some take downs but even in that first round, I thought Rob won it even tho Cody got those take downs. 2/3 judges gave all rounds to Rob, I think Rob should fight for the title next.
I think Cody is passed the point of being able to be champ again now.
Carla owned Yan.
And that heavy weight fight before Carla-Yan, was good. So much blood, it was a fun to watch fight.

There was another heavy weight fight on the prelims that was good too.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #405 on: May 23, 2021, 06:05:59 AM »
Font needs to work on his takedown defence if he wants to fight for the title. Imagine what Aljo Sterling would do to him. Unlike Cody, Aljo has good submissions once he gets someone down, and he has great ground control. I also think Petr Yan would take Font down fairly easy. The boxing battle would be fun between Font and Yan though.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #406 on: May 23, 2021, 01:24:11 PM »
I think sandy deserves a title shot next though. It makes sense since their first fight ended so quickly with that sub. Sandy has smoked the rest of the division and deserves his aljo rematch. It makes more sense than aljo and ya fighting again with how one sided it was until the dq

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #407 on: June 13, 2021, 02:03:47 AM »
#NateDiazArmy

We all knew career over, sad getting old. That last interview with Rogan feel good. Not even main bill, more coverage than all the gifts tonight ... check ESPN. Major headline... Lost the fight , won the night. Forever legend & he's from ghetto ass Stockton + smoked Connor back in the day. God bless You Nate Dogg

$teamdiazarmy$

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #408 on: June 13, 2021, 02:07:52 AM »
Respect to nate, one of the realest to ever do it.

Izzy smoking that division out

BIG respect to Moreno, viva Mexico

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #409 on: June 13, 2021, 08:37:08 AM »
I’m so happy for Brandon Moreno! I got chills while they were announcing him as champ and as soon as the fight ended my eyes teared up a little bit.

Man Nate could have finished Leon if he had my just stopped and pointed at him when he rocked him there in the last 30 seconds, he should have fully swarmed Leon but he didn’t.

Leon looked good but that fight didn’t put much faith in me that he could beat Usman.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #410 on: June 13, 2021, 09:21:59 AM »
I don’t see how Leon can beat Usman in any way. On top of that, dude seems like a fairly small welterweight and Usman would just muscle him no problem. Fun fight though, I went nuts when Nate landed that 1-2. Not taking anything from Leon though, dude’s striking is very technically sound. Him and Wonderboy could be fun, but I think he’d get picked apart.

Marvin’s a delusional idiot if he think he won that. Rafael Cordeiro was screaming at him in-between every single round how he’s losing, I thought Marvin would start arguing with him. Glad he lost.

Moreno, what can I say ? I litterally got off the couch and start clapping when he won. So happy for him.

And Paul Craig… holy shit his BJJ is good. Terrible call by the ref though… https://streamable.com/nmq6at

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #412 on: June 29, 2021, 05:16:52 AM »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #413 on: June 29, 2021, 06:30:39 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/nypawe/spoiler_main_event_fighter_squeezing/

Laughed way too hard at this.

Pretty funny.

I watched the last fight night live. I am pretty shure gane will get knocked out by Lewis. Gane doesn‘t have real Knock-out power and while he has great defense it seems he does get hit by a good striker.

Good on Nganou for net taking that fight in Houston.

It is such a shame they don‘t pay fighters better money. It always looks so weird when they have current and former champions working events. It might be the only major sport where champions have to work a day job so they will be able to properly support themselves after their career is over. And it is way worse for fighters who don‘t get Main events. They basically put their health on the line for just enough money to sustain their career.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #414 on: June 29, 2021, 08:03:02 AM »
I had no idea Luke Rockhold skates
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQq4FzQD4yu/?utm_medium=copy_link

Insanely good looking with zero idea what to do with his hands; not from a striking perspective but I'm thinking of a clip with him in the cage celebrating DC's win and he's hands are unnaturally placed. He's been knocked out badly in all of his last 3 losses, I've taken to call him Luke Outcold; tragic considering there was a point he was considered the future of the middleweight division.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #415 on: June 29, 2021, 11:13:20 AM »
Expand Quote
I had no idea Luke Rockhold skates
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQq4FzQD4yu/?utm_medium=copy_link
[close]

Insanely good looking with zero idea what to do with his hands; not from a striking perspective but I'm thinking of a clip with him in the cage celebrating DC's win and he's hands are unnaturally placed. He's been knocked out badly in all of his last 3 losses, I've taken to call him Luke Outcold; tragic considering there was a point he was considered the future of the middleweight division.

The man loves fighting with his hands at his side and getting hit with left hooks

Also unrelated, but what a fucking clown show the ufc as an org is. They're going to give the winner of Lewis v gane an interim belt. What a mickey mouse organization

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #416 on: June 29, 2021, 11:56:26 AM »
Those photos are pretty rad. Had no idea Luke skates as well. Too bad he isn't back to where he was cause no coach in their right mind would let him skate and possibly hurt himself but since he's been on a losing streak, who cares I guess.

Here is a clip of him.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQmSn_ZFU-B/
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #417 on: June 29, 2021, 08:14:24 PM »
Those photos are pretty rad. Had no idea Luke skates as well. Too bad he isn't back to where he was cause no coach in their right mind would let him skate and possibly hurt himself but since he's been on a losing streak, who cares I guess.

Here is a clip of him.

The color of his shorts matched his skin tone perfectly, thought he was skating naked.

It's a shame he didn't have a longer run as champion and his decline was so steep. His run after the Vitor Belfort KO was fun, murdering dudes with his left kick and BJJ.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #418 on: June 30, 2021, 07:06:32 AM »
Expand Quote

Here is a clip of him.

[close]

The color of his shorts matched his skin tone perfectly, thought he was skating naked.

It's a shame he didn't have a longer run as champion and his decline was so steep. His run after the Vitor Belfort KO was fun, murdering dudes with his left kick and BJJ.

I did not dig his whole vibe. He acted super arrogant and treated dangerous competition as beneath him. As a result he got smoked by Bisping, Yoel and Jan. The stuff he said about Jan after moving to lhw, about how "i don't lose to people like Jan" made him getting absolutely cracked that much more satisfying

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #419 on: June 30, 2021, 08:16:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Here is a clip of him.
[close]

[close]

I did not dig his whole vibe. He acted super arrogant and treated dangerous competition as beneath him. As a result he got smoked by Bisping, Yoel and Jan. The stuff he said about Jan after moving to lhw, about how "i don't lose to people like Jan" made him getting absolutely cracked that much more satisfying

Not denying that, after seeing him choke out Bisping in their first fight, no one gave Bisping a chance to win especially coming off a movie shoot, 10 days notice and no training camp. But Left Hook Larry delivered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH61ULAw0D8
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m