Author Topic: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)  (Read 58932 times)

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
Re: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #420 on: June 30, 2021, 09:15:49 AM »
Off topic but jan may also be the kryptonite to mw champions thinking they can move up in weight

franquietits

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #421 on: July 06, 2021, 12:42:24 AM »
Lookin' for dusty to take it home, but if Mac gets it I won't be mad. Even though they both got finished by Habib, I think dustin (out of all of Habib's last handful of challengers) had him in the most trouble with that guillotine and maybe a punch if I remember right.

I luv Leon Edwards, I hope he gets the title shot. It felt bogus that Nate could get dominated the whole time then have it all reversed with one good punch. I like Nate, but man he did not look comfortable and was getting pieced up easy. It'd be a shame if they just gave the shot to the winner of Burns/Wonderboy. It feels more arbitrary to say that Leon needs to over perform and jump through hoops to get the shot, when he rightfully deserves it by now.

The Pre-lims look great as well!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #422 on: July 06, 2021, 12:22:07 PM »
Lookin' for dusty to take it home, but if Mac gets it I won't be mad. Even though they both got finished by Habib, I think dustin (out of all of Habib's last handful of challengers) had him in the most trouble with that guillotine and maybe a punch if I remember right.

I luv Leon Edwards, I hope he gets the title shot. It felt bogus that Nate could get dominated the whole time then have it all reversed with one good punch. I like Nate, but man he did not look comfortable and was getting pieced up easy. It'd be a shame if they just gave the shot to the winner of Burns/Wonderboy. It feels more arbitrary to say that Leon needs to over perform and jump through hoops to get the shot, when he rightfully deserves it by now.

The Pre-lims look great as well!

Agreed on dusty. I'm kind of over the Conrad mcgillicuddy saga. He got smoked by khabib then fucked off for a couple years and now he's trying to come back like nothing happened. Dustin deserved the title shot after their second fight and i hope he bops Conor again so he and do bronx can face off.

WW is all fucked up and Dana giving all this preference to Colby's clown ass is a joke. Nothing would give me more joy than Kamaru clapping Colby again and seeing Dana's red ass up there malding.

The ufc is a goof org run by the king goof himself

NorthShore

• Rep: 5
« Reply #423 on: July 06, 2021, 02:57:04 PM »
Okay so UFC 264 is coming up... McGregor vs Poirier Round 3. What are your top fights?

Looking forward to seeing Gilbert Burns and Sean O'Malley for sure.

And I started watching the Return of the Ultimate Fighter and been enjoying it a lot more than I thought. Brian Ortega positively surprised me, can't wait for him to actually fight Alexander Volkanovski for the title in Fall. And they're kind of getting into it with their fighter teams as proxies and some shit talking. Anyone else watching?

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #424 on: July 06, 2021, 08:50:53 PM »

C'mon man

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #425 on: July 07, 2021, 04:51:54 AM »
@DaleSr        fa'sho. Mayor of Goof-a-lopolis! Can't wait to see the day fighters take a stab at organizing and present a united front. It'd be a lot of sacrifice, but amazing to see.
Not really too into Colby as an entertaining figure as much. It was kinda fun to hear him say stuff pre-Biden, but he seems to cross lines now: taking selfies with a female fighter then telling the whole world he banged her, taking pics with other fighter's families, calling BLM terrorists, etc. The thing about the pro-wrestling schtick — everyone is in on it. When you apply it outside of that framework where you're the only one in on it, there is real world consequences like bridge burning and screwing with peoples personal lives in general. For me that's not that cool to see. 

@NorthShore        Yeah, I've been watching tuf. I enjoy it, I'd like to see more entertaining bits but only so much you can fit it less than an hour. just saw the most recent episode with the Hadoukan cat and the fight was fire! This clip interestingly gives more detail that the show won't seem to cover:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUY4KHahkVI

NorthShore

• Rep: 5
« Reply #426 on: July 07, 2021, 10:14:31 AM »
@franquietits totally agreed on Colby, would love to see him fight Masvidal though. That seems to be in the cards for both of them.

And yes TUF was fire last night! The fight was hard to watch but Ricky definitely landed the most shots, Will be interesting to see him in the semis, he's such a wild card. But his personality and honesty really won me over.

Thanks for the YouTube link!

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #427 on: July 08, 2021, 06:58:26 PM »
Agree on Colby.  He is saying shit that has real consequences when he encounters people.  He's so lame that when someone confronts him and it gets physical, he calls the cops and cowers behind people.  Normally I would say "settle it in the cage", but he is insulting people in different weight classes that can never get their chance to punch him in the cage.  Colby is a good fighter.  At this point I think he could ditch the character and gain even more fans. 

As for Dustin vs Conor.  Dustin just seems like such a beast, and he's been in some serious wars.  He's durable, and skilled.  I always forget that Conor is still fairly young because of all his success.  I think he is going to come in firing to try and knock Dustin out quick.  I'm leaning toward Dustin, but it's going to be a hell of a fight.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #428 on: July 08, 2021, 09:51:23 PM »
i won’t be mad if this goes either which way but i see mcgregor winning and i would like for him to. if he loses it’s going to be almost impossible to come back from. i do not know how mcgregor vs olivera would go though, he could submit conor. if porier does lose the fight that makes sense to me from there is michael chandler which is another tough call. saturday is going to be a hell of a night, i’m excited.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #429 on: July 09, 2021, 09:21:36 AM »
I hope wonder boy and Ryan Hall win their fights.
I’d be happy with either Conor or Dustin winning but for a while I’ve been thinking that if Conor loses, he might retire from mma. And I think the UFC is better off with Conor in it than with him not in it.
So I would like to see Conor win because I don’t want to see him retire.

I think Charles Olivera has a good chance at beating both Conor and Dustin. But both have a good chance at beating him, I just personally see CO winning.

The last month or two I’ve been thinking that I wasn’t going to buy this event because there weren’t that many other fights that I want to see, but now I do wanna see wonder boy vs burns, Ryan Hall, and sugar Shawn. So I do plan to buy it. Crack streams hasn’t been working for the last 3 events.

I’ve only bought 2 UFC PPVs so fat but luckily that all have landed the day after my pay day. I get paid every two weeks and if these 3 events had been a week earlier or later, I wouldn’t have been down to pay for them because I’m usually pretty low on money a week after my paycheck haha.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #430 on: July 10, 2021, 05:29:43 PM »
Any of you watching these prelims, that dricus du plessis KO was pretty crazy because Giles had him hurt right before he got hit with the counter

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #431 on: July 10, 2021, 05:56:25 PM »
HOLY SHIT Topuria survived the hall knee death onslaught to get the KO

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #432 on: July 10, 2021, 07:03:45 PM »
HOLY SHIT Topuria survived the hall knee death onslaught to get the KO
That was wild, Ryan woke up and asked the ref what happened and you could hear the ref telling him, you got caught.
Any of you watching these prelims, that dricus du plessis KO was pretty crazy because Giles had him hurt right before he got hit with the counter
Yeah that was a good KO, I was telling my wife about how gilies has his hands down because he thinks he can slip every punch but that’s not a smart thing to do and his left hand was down for that KO.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #433 on: July 10, 2021, 08:54:19 PM »
Yeah Giles looks super promising but it's probably a good idea to add some defensive moves to his arsenal

Also FUCK YEAH BAM BAM

FUCK GREG HARDY 

« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 07:46:53 AM by DaleSr »

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #434 on: July 10, 2021, 09:30:26 PM »
well that wasn’t worth it
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #435 on: July 10, 2021, 09:32:26 PM »
This is why I stream instead of paying 70 bucks.  WTH.  Sorry for any of you who paid 70$ + for a guy to break his own ankle in the first round.

At least some of the other fights were interesting.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #436 on: July 10, 2021, 09:41:54 PM »

This meme is from the last fight but it still works 🤮

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #437 on: July 10, 2021, 09:47:17 PM »
It was a good run Conor. Time to pack it up.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #438 on: July 10, 2021, 11:24:37 PM »
For how much training and whatnot goes into this, I feel like he needs to be thoroughly checked out.  Breaking your ankle taking a step backwards at that age and in that shape seems strange unless there is some underlying pathology.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #439 on: July 11, 2021, 01:02:50 AM »
What a pathetic way to go out.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #440 on: July 11, 2021, 01:49:44 AM »
you know what, i’m bummed on my 100 dollars lost, bummed for him to take a loss, bummed i paid 70 bucks for this shit but, what bums me out most is to hear people talking shit about a dude who has done it fucking all. it’s not just talking shit and cashing checks, the dude knocked out a champion in fucking 12 seconds right? with one punch. first dude to ever hold two belts at once. dude is a legend. he mistepped, kinda how we do when we roll our ankle skating or break an elbow except, this is the first time for him. professional skateboards misjudge and break bones all the fucking time, is fighting professionally not equally as dangerous? come the fuck on. it’s so lame when people jock someone so hard and then just call them old news when they lose especially in that way, he just took over 20 shots to the head pinned on the ground, got back on his feet and threw a heavy blow and miscalculated stepping back to keep sparring. shut the fuck up with this washed up old news bullshit like any of you guys ever even box. give him a fucking break.... get it  :-*

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #441 on: July 11, 2021, 02:31:46 AM »
For how much training and whatnot goes into this, I feel like he needs to be thoroughly checked out.  Breaking your ankle taking a step backwards at that age and in that shape seems strange unless there is some underlying pathology.

Cocaine and whiskey while training a lot will do that to an athlete…

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #442 on: July 11, 2021, 02:41:44 AM »
you know what, i’m bummed on my 100 dollars lost, bummed for him to take a loss, bummed i paid 70 bucks for this shit but, what bums me out most is to hear people talking shit about a dude who has done it fucking all. it’s not just talking shit and cashing checks, the dude knocked out a champion in fucking 12 seconds right? with one punch. first dude to ever hold two belts at once. dude is a legend. he mistepped, kinda how we do when we roll our ankle skating or break an elbow except, this is the first time for him. professional skateboards misjudge and break bones all the fucking time, is fighting professionally not equally as dangerous? come the fuck on. it’s so lame when people jock someone so hard and then just call them old news when they lose especially in that way, he just took over 20 shots to the head pinned on the ground, got back on his feet and threw a heavy blow and miscalculated stepping back to keep sparring. shut the fuck up with this washed up old news bullshit like any of you guys ever even box. give him a fucking break.... get it  :-*

I see what you are saying. He‘s definitely a legend. However, when you act the way he does a lot of people are going to be happy when you fall down.

He was an exciting fighter and he‘s an electric personality, but he‘s also been a big asshole. His public persona is pretty much the opposite of what is being taught in all martial arts disciplines. I think he has long missed his chance to leave the sport in a classy way.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #443 on: July 11, 2021, 02:46:45 AM »
Dude's a fucking dirtbag and is over the hill.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #444 on: July 11, 2021, 03:52:01 AM »
I didn’t end up paying for it, I found a stream but I ended up missing most of the Shawn vs Kris, I only saw like the first ten seconds but I watched almost everything else except for the very first early pre Lim fight.
Dustin looked good in that first round, Conor looked alright. Dustin def won round 1.

I thought Conor looked a little nervous in the locker room and when he came out, like he was thinking fuuuuuck I HAVE to win I have to win I have to win.
Bummer that Gilbert mostly held wonder boy on the ground. That fight was decent. It was wild when in the second round they were just face punching on the ground.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 08:41:20 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #445 on: July 11, 2021, 07:18:14 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I see what you are saying. He‘s definitely a legend. However, when you act the way he does a lot of people are going to be happy when you fall down.

He was an exciting fighter and he‘s an electric personality, but he‘s also been a big asshole. His public persona is pretty much the opposite of what is being taught in all martial arts disciplines. I think he has long missed his chance to leave the sport in a classy way.

Agreed. I was a huge fan of Conor, his run to the double titles was a magical thing. However, since then he's become a Jon Jones level of asshole. His shtick isn't funny anymore, the shit he's was saying about Khabib and about Islam was super gross and his whole thing about "Jolie's wife" isn't funny, is super misogynistic and just isn't good trash talk. His run to the title was an incredible moment but honestly, when Dustin KO'd him in the second fight was probably the most happy I've been watching a fight. Respect for what came before, but no respect for the cheap, nasty scumbag he's become.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #446 on: July 11, 2021, 09:55:07 AM »

Damn bro are you his wife? Riding that dick a lil hard there

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #447 on: July 11, 2021, 10:02:15 AM »
It was a good run Conor. Time to pack it up.

Don't think he'll be running any time soon
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #448 on: July 11, 2021, 12:53:47 PM »
Connor vs Nate 3 is still a money fight for both of them. I think considering both have been losing, it'd be a perfect fight to the end of their careers.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #449 on: July 11, 2021, 02:55:33 PM »
Connor vs Nate 3 is still a money fight for both of them. I think considering both have been losing, it'd be a perfect fight to the end of their careers.

How long is his aura still going to work on his idiot fans? One win against a washed cowboy in four years is a pretty bad record