Author Topic: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)  (Read 58948 times)

matty_c

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
listen to cosmic psychos

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #451 on: July 11, 2021, 03:56:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you know what, i’m bummed on my 100 dollars lost, bummed for him to take a loss, bummed i paid 70 bucks for this shit but, what bums me out most is to hear people talking shit about a dude who has done it fucking all. it’s not just talking shit and cashing checks, the dude knocked out a champion in fucking 12 seconds right? with one punch. first dude to ever hold two belts at once. dude is a legend. he mistepped, kinda how we do when we roll our ankle skating or break an elbow except, this is the first time for him. professional skateboards misjudge and break bones all the fucking time, is fighting professionally not equally as dangerous? come the fuck on. it’s so lame when people jock someone so hard and then just call them old news when they lose especially in that way, he just took over 20 shots to the head pinned on the ground, got back on his feet and threw a heavy blow and miscalculated stepping back to keep sparring. shut the fuck up with this washed up old news bullshit like any of you guys ever even box. give him a fucking break.... get it  :-*
[close]

I see what you are saying. He‘s definitely a legend. However, when you act the way he does a lot of people are going to be happy when you fall down.

He was an exciting fighter and he‘s an electric personality, but he‘s also been a big asshole. His public persona is pretty much the opposite of what is being taught in all martial arts disciplines. I think he has long missed his chance to leave the sport in a classy way.
[close]

Agreed. I was a huge fan of Conor, his run to the double titles was a magical thing. However, since then he's become a Jon Jones level of asshole. His shtick isn't funny anymore, the shit he's was saying about Khabib and about Islam was super gross and his whole thing about "Jolie's wife" isn't funny, is super misogynistic and just isn't good trash talk. His run to the title was an incredible moment but honestly, when Dustin KO'd him in the second fight was probably the most happy I've been watching a fight. Respect for what came before, but no respect for the cheap, nasty scumbag he's become.
yeah i had had a few and kept hearing people talk shit on his career all night after the loss so i was being sour ha. i agree. his antics used to be entertaining but it did become distasteful with the khabib stuff and all the porier shit talk was fuckin weak like he said himself. also like he said, it seemed like conor was nervous and was trying to be old conor with mind games and shit talk and it just didn’t work or feel the same. the peahead shit, some of the nate diaz shit talk, that stuff was entertaining, this new shit about porier’s wife or khabib’s religion is just trashy shit that applies to white trash people which there are a lot of white trash ufc fans so it does apply. i just mean his career was very impressive for a long time and it sucks that his mouth and his recent losses are seeming to tarnish his accomplishments but, that’s life honestly. i really am just bitter that there wasn’t a real fight. even if porier knocked him out in round 2 again, at least it would be a legit win and it would be a fair way of saying “okay this guy is the better fighter” at least as of right now. just a bummer of a loss.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #452 on: July 12, 2021, 06:54:58 AM »
Conors coach saying that Dustin’s elbow is what caused the start of the fracture in conors leg.
Starts at :52
https://youtu.be/soPIVy0THN0
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

dofrenzy

« Reply #453 on: July 12, 2021, 07:16:22 AM »
Just my opinion but it looks like a completely legitimate win and a complete fight start to finish.  Conor came out throwing kicks as a strategy and lost the fight because he broke his leg from throwing kicks.  Not a “freak accident” at all.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #454 on: July 12, 2021, 08:15:24 AM »
Connor vs Nate 3 is still a money fight for both of them. I think considering both have been losing, it'd be a perfect fight to the end of their careers.

You just saw the end to Connor's career.

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #455 on: July 12, 2021, 03:48:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Connor vs Nate 3 is still a money fight for both of them. I think considering both have been losing, it'd be a perfect fight to the end of their careers.
[close]

Conor posted a video when he got out of surgery which seems like he's wanting to recover and fight again.  Dustin also said that he would fight him again in the future because of the disrespectful shit Conor was saying.  Dustin knows that he will make a ton of cash fighting someone that he's confident he can keep beating.  I know Diaz is probably foaming at the mouth right now to get a fight with Conor.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #456 on: July 12, 2021, 04:12:52 PM »
Connor is a perfect heel.  I truly think he is selling it to get people to watch the fights.  It would be so sick to see a rematch and see Dustin talk shit about how he is going to break his ankle and then see a genuine ankle lock submission.

"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #457 on: July 12, 2021, 05:24:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Conor posted a video when he got out of surgery which seems like he's wanting to recover and fight again.  Dustin also said that he would fight him again in the future because of the disrespectful shit Conor was saying.  Dustin knows that he will make a ton of cash fighting someone that he's confident he can keep beating.  I know Diaz is probably foaming at the mouth right now to get a fight with Conor.

All accurate. Definitely not the end of Conor's career. Be surprised if he ever wins again (against a legit challenger) nevertheless still a polarizing figure who people want to watch. Love Nate Diaz 

First time watching the fight legitimately. All the other times, watched bootlegs or just highlights afterwords. Definitely worth the money, gonna buy future fights for sure. Rooting for Sean O'Malley however after seeing Kris Moutinho take literally almost 200 punches to the head , wanted the upset. So much respect for Moutinho. Never heard of him before and wow last minute fill in. 

Conor fight surpassed expectations. 2 opportunities for Dustin to end it however he probably wanted to do another round to keep the show interesting. Post fight interview really highlighted how much of a respectable guy DP is & how whack Conor is now. So funny Conor wouldn't stop talking shit. Dustin says, "Shut your bitch ass up" then turns his head back like nothing  happened to finish talking to Rogan.   
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 05:48:47 PM by rawr1922 »

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1444
« Reply #458 on: July 12, 2021, 07:19:08 PM »
If Dustin takes the belt and then Conor gets KO'd again, fuck that would be hilarious.

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #459 on: July 13, 2021, 02:17:03 AM »
-wow, that ending was crazy. Unbelievable how conor was able to relentlessy beat the dream while on the floor like that. I don't think that its that he is a poorer fighter nowadays, I suspect just moving up a division where the fighters are a bit more durable and powerful than the 145er's has caused him some problems. This fight showed how much he seems to be reliant on his incendiary persona, needing to believe in his power and dehumanize his opponent. It almost felt like he was playing a parody of his former self the whole time. If not hurt, it seemed like Conor was still going to give it his all, yet Dustin had alot of the momentum and seemed like he could pull through again. I don't know how well a fighter can come back from something like that. Here's a great video of someone's take (first half = injury, 2nd half @3:12 = Conor's career trajectory):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uRFDxWqi6g
an outstanding mma channel in general.

-Some people say Moutino getting beat down kinda outshines Sean, because of his durability. Sean seems poised to take Mcgregors spot as a popular athlete to an extent.

-Irene aldana was great. Not so so common to see females getting dropped by punches as often as men it seems. It was frustrating seeing her lose against Holly the way she did in her last fight.

-Gilbert did what he had to do vs a dangerous Thompson. Not a entertaining, flashy performance, but still impressive to control him the way he did. Still can't believe Leon, although he fought usman years ago, is getting overlooked for a title shot. It sounds like they want to match him up with either Masvidal or Gilbert.

-Hardy took a stiff punch walking into Tai's hook. He's fun, but the shooey thing feels kinda old after awhile. I seen some of Tai's losses, and it seemed that he had a lot of ground to cover in his ground game still.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
« Reply #460 on: July 13, 2021, 09:51:35 AM »
You guys consider Connor getting back into the ring to become a punching bag for exhibition fights a "career"? He's 32 with 1 win in the last 4-5 years before he even broke his foot off.

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #461 on: July 13, 2021, 03:58:56 PM »
Well it’s his fighting career until he retires. I believe he should retire personally. He had the perfect storm when he came into the UFC; the talk, and the fights with the right opponents. At this point his mind games don’t work anymore and he has stooped to low level insults. His fighting hasn’t evolved at the same level as his opponents.  He has his family, his health, and his wealth.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #462 on: July 13, 2021, 08:21:50 PM »
Well it’s his fighting career until he retires. I believe he should retire personally. He had the perfect storm when he came into the UFC; the talk, and the fights with the right opponents. At this point his mind games don’t work anymore and he has stooped to low level insults. His fighting hasn’t evolved at the same level as his opponents.  He has his family, his health, and his wealth.

If he still wants to a paycheck he can definitely make a comeback with 1-2 years off to recovery, build his career back up. His fan base is dedicated enough to buy anything he is remotely related to. Give him a good stylistic matchup on return (someone who can't deal with forward pressure, charges in face first, orthodox striker), let him clock that win and milk the comeback storyline for all the PPV dollars. He definitely has a generous contract with the UFC, he could take easy fights and still make bank.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #463 on: July 13, 2021, 08:32:03 PM »
Gaethje or Ferg seem like good opponents once he completes his recovery. Guaranteed violence and one of them beating Conor puts them back in the mix for the title, which I'm sure they want

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #464 on: July 13, 2021, 10:27:01 PM »
Gaethje or Ferg seem like good opponents once he completes his recovery. Guaranteed violence and one of them beating Conor puts them back in the mix for the title, which I'm sure they want

Gaethje yes, he would have murdered the version of Mcgregor who turned up for the last 2 Poirier fights.

Ferg no, his last fight was a tough watch as a long time fan.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #465 on: July 14, 2021, 08:35:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Gaethje yes, he would have murdered the version of Mcgregor who turned up for the last 2 Poirier fights.

Ferg no, his last fight was a tough watch as a long time fan.

Oh trust me, i really don't want ferg to keep fighting, but he seems like he might be on some wild Diego Sanchez shit and fight until his arm falls off. If he wants it, he and Conor would probably be a good matchup, i think his timing could fuck with Conor

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #466 on: July 15, 2021, 03:57:19 PM »
If he doesn't retire, I'd like to see Conor vs RDA.  The fight we never got to see.   Or Conor vs Hooker would be a good stylistic matchup.  I think the RDA fight has more of a backstory and would sell better PPV.

I had a similar ankle break to Conor and it set me back about 6 months, but a full year until I fully healed.  I did my own physio though.  He could probably heal up quicker with his resources.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #467 on: July 20, 2021, 05:26:50 PM »
Chandler had been saying he thinks he could beat Khabib, he should fight Islam and if he wins, he can at least prove he has an answer for Sambo style.
Khabib is def a harder fight that Islam but I think if he could beat Islam, that would be a big step.
I’d want to see that more than Chandler vs. Justin.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #468 on: July 20, 2021, 07:42:05 PM »
Chandler had been saying he thinks he could beat Khabib, he should fight Islam and if he wins, he can at least prove he has an answer for Sambo style.
Khabib is def a harder fight that Islam but I think if he could beat Islam, that would be a big step.
I’d want to see that more than Chandler vs. Justin.

Both are good interesting options, I'm curious to see him continue to fight top competition. He's only fought hooker and do bronx, Islam would get to make a huge leap if he wins, and Chandler gets to try and angle for khabib (who won't retire but it's a good gimmick for Chandler).
Chandler v Gaethje is guaranteed violence and I'm excited to just see Gaethje back in the ring again.

Eskorbut0

• Rep: -2
  • Be careful what you wish for
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #469 on: July 24, 2021, 09:02:46 PM »
Robberies all night tonight

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #470 on: July 25, 2021, 04:20:55 AM »
TJ vs Cory was kind of a hard fight to score.
I thought Cory was gonna win the decision.
I’m gonna rewatch the fight today after work and keep track of my scoring.
I’m remembering TJ round 1, Cory round two, tj round 3, 4 was really close and could have gone either way (if I’m remembering correctly) and I thought Cory won round 5.
Cory looked great, TJ looked pretty good.

Even tho TJ didn’t do much when he would have Corys back, I’m sure the judges count that as control time and he did have a couple little take downs.
I was telling when Cory had that reverse triangle in round 1, I was like, one yes finish it like this!!!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 07:39:30 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #471 on: July 25, 2021, 04:24:30 AM »
I scored that having Cory winning, but I wouldn't call that a robbery.  That was close.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #472 on: July 25, 2021, 06:52:51 PM »
I scored that having Cory winning, but I wouldn't call that a robbery.  That was close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHFOpmou75M

It was close, looks like TJ got pieced up in R5. The early knees and elbow cut TJ open like a melon.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #473 on: July 27, 2021, 02:46:01 PM »
I'd almost argue that anyone who still supports this dude is a piece of shit as well.
https://www.mmamania.com/2021/7/27/22595891/ufc-conor-mcgregor-suggests-covid-good-because-it-killed-khabibs-evil-father-mma

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #474 on: July 27, 2021, 03:28:22 PM »
I'd almost argue that anyone who still supports this dude is a piece of shit as well.
https://www.mmamania.com/2021/7/27/22595891/ufc-conor-mcgregor-suggests-covid-good-because-it-killed-khabibs-evil-father-mma

I'm so sick of his shit. Talking shit after you got completely ragdolled and crushed by khabib is already lame, but continuing to take these shots after he got RINSED by dusty the second time and then snapping your leg in the third is just pathetic. Dusty 4 is going to be very satisfying when he tunes his shit like a piano

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #475 on: July 29, 2021, 03:12:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm so sick of his shit. Talking shit after you got completely ragdolled and crushed by khabib is already lame, but continuing to take these shots after he got RINSED by dusty the second time and then snapping your leg in the third is just pathetic. Dusty 4 is going to be very satisfying when he tunes his shit like a piano

I recently stumbled across a podcast, sort of conspiracy type one, where they looked into connor’s past and recent history. Some of the shit they were saying is insane. Multiple ongoing rape allegations agents him as recent as summer 2020. Other shit I can’t remember. Also can’t remember the podcast name. I’ll have a look through my phone.
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #476 on: July 29, 2021, 03:17:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I recently stumbled across a podcast, sort of conspiracy type one, where they looked into connor’s past and recent history. Some of the shit they were saying is insane. Multiple ongoing rape allegations agents him as recent as summer 2020. Other shit I can’t remember. Also can’t remember the podcast name. I’ll have a look through my phone.

Yeah he's got some real grimy stuff in his past.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #477 on: August 01, 2021, 12:43:21 PM »
Anyone watch Sean Vs Uriah last night?
As soon as the fight started I was thinking Uriah did not look well. By the end of the first round I felt like he looked like he could pass out at any moment.
I was rooting for Uriah but good performance by Sean.
The whole fight Uriah just looked like he didn’t want to be there. Bummer to have to fight and then lose on your birthday.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #478 on: August 01, 2021, 02:15:46 PM »
Anyone watch Sean Vs Uriah last night?
As soon as the fight started I was thinking Uriah did not look well. By the end of the first round I felt like he looked like he could pass out at any moment.
I was rooting for Uriah but good performance by Sean.
The whole fight Uriah just looked like he didn’t want to be there. Bummer to have to fight and then lose on your birthday.

He really seemed off last night. I know he’s struggled a lot with depression and self-confidence issues in the past, which often lead to him not being able to pull the trigger. I hope that wasn’t the case.

It’s a bummer because he’s a very high level striker and one of the harder hitting guys at MW and was also on a four fight winning streak. Being almost 37, he doesn’t have a lot of time left at the highest level,  I hope the UFC gives him some fun fights so he can end his career with some wins.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #479 on: August 01, 2021, 02:56:15 PM »
So do we think Patricio is ever gonna make it to the UFC after getting smoked by McKee almost immediately?