Author Topic: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)  (Read 59472 times)

TheBoognish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
Re: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #480 on: August 01, 2021, 03:22:58 PM »
So do we think Patricio is ever gonna make it to the UFC after getting smoked by McKee almost immediately?

Maybe, but this didn’t really improve his chances of that happening. I think he’ll stay in Bellator.

I’d much rather see McKee in the UFC to be honest.

Khabib’s boys were on point last night. Zabit’s brother and Usman Nurmagomedov are very exciting prospects.

Bellator had a very good card last night.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1923
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #481 on: August 01, 2021, 08:19:43 PM »
Expand Quote
So do we think Patricio is ever gonna make it to the UFC after getting smoked by McKee almost immediately?
[close]
Bellator had a very good card last night.

Words I never thought I would see typed.

I liked when they tried to do kickboxing events with Glory in 2015 (damn 6 years ago!). Glory never got enough eyes on it for the talented roster they had. Which they had kept it going but kickboxing has such little interest in the USA outside the hardcore fan base.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #482 on: September 23, 2021, 03:48:31 PM »
Anyone watching this weekends card?

Ortega > Volk (So Max can beat Ortega to get his belt back)
Valentina > Murphy
Diaz > Lawler
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1439
« Reply #483 on: September 23, 2021, 06:03:53 PM »

Valentina > Murphy
Diaz > Lawler

I want to, but I'm gonna be at the Hollywood bowl. I'll be watching the results with great interest. What's your thoughts on nick trying to change the weight of the fight during cutting? I kind of hope robbie smokes him

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #484 on: September 24, 2021, 01:36:03 PM »
I don’t really think Ortega has a chance at beating Volk. But if he wins, that would be cool so max can go try to get the belt back since he’s lost to Volk twice.
Of course I expect Valentina to win.
I’m pulling for diaz to win and he says he’s way better than he was when he left the ufc but I think the layoff could have an affect and Robbie could win it.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #485 on: September 24, 2021, 03:02:02 PM »
least surprising news ever with Jon getting arrested for the five thousandth time. Especially for domestic assault on his fiance that he's had for ten years. Scumbag GOAT.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #486 on: September 25, 2021, 12:28:14 AM »
Expand Quote

Valentina > Murphy
Diaz > Lawler
[close]

I want to, but I'm gonna be at the Hollywood bowl. I'll be watching the results with great interest. What's your thoughts on nick trying to change the weight of the fight during cutting? I kind of hope robbie smokes him

Nick making lame headlines nevertheless will always root for the Diaz brothers they can do no wrong especially Nate Dogg

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #487 on: September 25, 2021, 01:44:33 AM »
The cards air around 11am on my side of the globe and I'm usually skating then. But I'll put down my board mid session to watch the Diaz vs Lawler fight. Lawler has been my favorite for a long time but it's been hard being a fan especially with the streak of losses, I can't even bear to watch the fight itself and just read the results on bloody elbow. Bobbing and weaving doesn't win fights, pulling the trigger does and Lawler has been so gun shy after the Condit loss. Hopefully the change in training camp turns things around for him.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #488 on: September 25, 2021, 08:40:46 PM »
Robbie fucking did it!

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #489 on: September 25, 2021, 09:45:04 PM »
Nick Diaz looked super washed. Very slow and just out of shape.

This card isn’t living up to anything but hopefully the Volk vs Ortega fight ends with a bang.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 10:36:09 PM by Fongstarr. »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #490 on: September 25, 2021, 10:19:24 PM »
That Volk vs Ortega fight was siiick!  Volk was obviously dominating, but those submission attempts were so close by Ortega.   

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #491 on: September 25, 2021, 10:37:33 PM »
Thank god for that last fight. 3rd round literally made the whole night. I swear he had Volk with the guillotine. You could see it in his face. I thought he was going to go to sleep which would have made for such a crazy ender. Volk gets my respect though. He looked good in there today.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #492 on: September 25, 2021, 10:57:58 PM »
Holy shit the Volk fight was good. Training with Craig Jones has paid off, those submissions were super tight.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #493 on: September 26, 2021, 02:28:55 AM »
Nick Diaz looked super washed. Very slow and just out of shape.

This card isn’t living up to anything but hopefully the Volk vs Ortega fight ends with a bang.

Didn't catch it live but relieved Lawler got the W. Didn't throw back as much as he should but at his stage in his career a win is a win.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #494 on: September 26, 2021, 03:20:39 AM »
I also thought Nick looked a little out of shape.
I thought it was 1-1 going into round 3. I’m happy for Robby. That fight was the one that had me feeling the most stressed cuz I thought damn what if Nick gets knocked out at any moment, because Robbie was throwing heat.
Valentina owned of course. I was giggling during that fight at how much she was controlling it.

Man I was getting hyped when Ortega had the choke and the triangle. He did better than I expected.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #495 on: September 27, 2021, 07:41:25 AM »
Very funny that Dana skipped all his media obligations after the fight. He's probably on goofcon 1 right now with Jon fucking his life up as usual, Mark hunt winning against the ufc in court and a Diaz taking a big loss and fucking up any big money super fights

NorthShore

• Rep: 5
« Reply #496 on: November 03, 2021, 01:07:17 PM »
Time to bump this thread for the absolutely insane UFC 268 Usman Vs. Covington 2 card this weekend.

Who do you have?

Not a fan they're making Rose defend her title so soon but otherwise amazing card!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #497 on: November 03, 2021, 04:29:01 PM »
Time to bump this thread for the absolutely insane UFC 268 Usman Vs. Covington 2 card this weekend.

Who do you have?

Not a fan they're making Rose defend her title so soon but otherwise amazing card!

I hope kamaru smokes colby. His stand up has been on another level since their first fight and he has the motor and wrestling to negate Colbys td attempts. Kamaru can put the pressure on Colby to keep him in the back foot and keep him reacting where he can piece him up. Really excited for this card

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #498 on: November 03, 2021, 09:55:46 PM »

Who do you have?

I mean it's the fight to make. Zhang could have fought Carla Exparza but no one wants to see that fight. If Rose takes out Zhang, then I hope Carla gets the next title shot just cause she beat Rose in the past. If Zhang wins, I think they'll just do the trilogy.

Gaethje and Chandler fight should be fun. Hopfully Chandler just stands up and bangs but I feel like his wrestling should be the key to winning that fight.

And I oddly want Colby to win just to shake up that whole division. I feel also that if he wins that they would do the trilogy out of respect for Usman.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #499 on: November 03, 2021, 11:48:39 PM »
Expand Quote

Who do you have?

[close]

Gaethje and Chandler fight should be fun. Hopfully Chandler just stands up and bangs but I feel like his wrestling should be the key to winning that fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GawT0sLKgx4

Just leaving this here - Loved his style when he was in WSOF, crumpling guys with leg kicks. He's changed up his style after the Poirier loss which is always good to see fighters evolve their game despite how long they've been in the game.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

NorthShore

• Rep: 5
« Reply #500 on: November 04, 2021, 05:30:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I mean it's the fight to make. Zhang could have fought Carla Exparza but no one wants to see that fight. If Rose takes out Zhang, then I hope Carla gets the next title shot just cause she beat Rose in the past. If Zhang wins, I think they'll just do the trilogy.

Totally agree, the Rose rematch adds to an amazing night for MMA. Marlon Vera will also be interesting. I don't think Usman can be stopped after seeing the last Masvidal fight. Gaethje seems changed since losing to Khabib, can't put my finger on it but he's different.Agreed that Chandler will probably take it to the ground.

This is a huge card, can't wait!

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #501 on: November 06, 2021, 07:49:32 PM »
Holy shit boys, Chandler vs Gaethje was absolutely bananas

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #502 on: November 07, 2021, 12:11:27 AM »
Chito completely smoked Frankie (please retire)
Usman is just on another level than the rest of his division
And gaejthe chose violence

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
« Reply #503 on: November 07, 2021, 02:41:06 AM »
I have to say its been a while since I actually stayed up for an entire card and didn't feel disappointed. That was such a good night of fights. Chandler vs Gaethje was insanity that showed just how good Gaethje is and how tough Chandler is. Rose vs Zheng was everything that we missed last time, ultra high level technical striking and wonderful scrambly grappling. Then the main event was another great fight and it's always great when good triumphs over ignorance, I just wish he had put him away at the end of the 2nd but Usman is a calm calculated killer and his takedown defense is unreal.

Oh and Chris Barnett may have become my new favorite fighter. Not just the fact that he fights the way he does at his size but his interview and presser were so wholesome and hilarious. Hes like a weird amalgamation of black beast, dc, and the middle son from me, myself, and Irene.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #504 on: November 07, 2021, 07:57:28 AM »
That Chris Barnett KO was completely insane. I was watching it like huh he probably needs to push back he's getting tagged and on the back foot and then he hit us with the best big boy head kick I've ever seen. Instant fan of this dude

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #505 on: November 07, 2021, 08:05:14 AM »
That Chris Barnett KO was completely insane. I was watching it like huh he probably needs to push back he's getting tagged and on the back foot and then he hit us with the best big boy head kick I've ever seen. Instant fan of this dude

Dude’s attitude after the fight was awesome as well. I don’t know how far he’ll go in his career, but I’ll be watching.

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #506 on: November 13, 2021, 07:19:34 PM »
Yooo, who watched Max vs Yair?  Absolute insanity how UFC just keeps delivering one amazing fight after another. 

Link to fight(click on "part 3" for Max vs Yair): https://watchwrestling.ai/watch-ufc-fight-night-holloway-vs-rodriguez-11-13-21/

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #507 on: November 13, 2021, 08:13:04 PM »
Yooo, who watched Max vs Yair?  Absolute insanity how UFC just keeps delivering one amazing fight after another. 

Link to fight(click on "part 3" for Max vs Yair): https://watchwrestling.ai/watch-ufc-fight-night-holloway-vs-rodriguez-11-13-21/

WHAT
THE
FUCK

That was easily one of the best fights I've EVER seen. Big respect to max and yair. Hope yairs foot isn't that damaged

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #508 on: November 13, 2021, 09:47:34 PM »
I saw glimpse of the fight and it was definitely a lot closer fight than I thought it'd be. Yair is a dog even for not fighting for so long. Max doing his usual thing but made me nervous with a couple of the shots he took.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #509 on: November 14, 2021, 07:35:00 AM »
I’ll start this off by saying that Max is probably my favourite fighter after Khabib and Rob Whittaker. I’m very biased when it comes to Max.

Hell of a fight, but I can’t help but notice Max seemed a little out of it at first ‘til the grappling started. Timing seemed off and he didn’t have the usual Max intensity or snap to his punches at the beginning, he also looked more tired than usual. I think those huge weight cuts are starting to take their toll on Max (dude weighs in the 190’s when he’s not fighting). Also Max has a granite chin but he relied on it waaaay too much in this fight I find, he took a lot of damage here and didn’t defend shots that well.

That being said, great win by Max, but I hate to say it: I don’t think the Max we saw yesterday is beating Volkanovski anytime soon. Alex is a gameplanning genius and probably slept very soundly after watching that fight.

Kudos to Yair though, dude has improved A LOT and is going to be a problem for a lot of the guys at 145.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 09:06:04 AM by TheBoognish »