Author Topic: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)  (Read 59520 times)

NorthShore

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
Re: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #510 on: December 10, 2021, 02:32:14 PM »
UFC 269 closes out a banger year in the UFC tomorrow night!

The title fight Charles Oliveira vs Dustin Poirier is going to be nuts. Honestly have no clue what to expect. Dustin has worked hard and put in the time and progression for this one, I can see him take it.

Also in the win column are O'Malley and Cruz. And I can see Nunes defend her belt.

Who have you got?

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1440
« Reply #511 on: December 10, 2021, 02:34:11 PM »

The title fight Charles Oliveira vs Dustin Poirier is going to be nuts. Honestly have no clue what to expect. Dustin has worked hard and put in the time and progression for this one, I can see him take it.

Also in the win column are O'Malley and Cruz. And I can see Nunes defend her belt.

Who have you got?

I've got absolutely no clue who's going to win and that's thrilling. Just excited to see

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1925
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #512 on: December 10, 2021, 11:00:44 PM »

Who have you got?

Poirier because his hair is on point and is a class act. Hopefully he can bring out the quit in Chucky Olives, drag him into the late rounds and make him question his mettle.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #513 on: December 11, 2021, 06:19:55 AM »
Real good card tonight, boys. Should be lots of fun.

Got weed, a bunch of beer and will be making homemade pizza later on; the perfect Saturday evening.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #514 on: December 11, 2021, 07:43:42 AM »

Got weed, a bunch of beer and will be making homemade pizza later on; the perfect Saturday evening.

Can i come over

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #515 on: December 11, 2021, 07:57:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Can i come over

If you can make it across the border, I got a couch for you to crash on.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #516 on: December 11, 2021, 08:05:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Can i come over
[close]

If you can make it across the border, I got a couch for you to crash on.

Oooooo Canada

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #517 on: December 11, 2021, 01:12:53 PM »
Im picking Charles is going to win. If I have to make a prediction I’m going with Charles first round submission. I bet he has a trick up his sleeve.

Justin says if he doesn’t get the title shit next he’s gonna riot and Dana said Justin is next BUT (and I don’t think this will be likely) what if it’s like a super close split decision and everyone is like, shit we need to run it back.

I’m going to have to try and find a stream for it tonight. If I had the money to buy it (I’ve bought the last few) I wouldn’t t have to worry about falling asleep early since I’d just be able to rewatch in the morning when I wake up.
I’m used to always going to sleep around 8:30 pm and ufc PPVs are typically the only time I stay up late.
I pretty much always watch the main event from fight nights when I wake up for work on Sunday.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 09:51:39 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #518 on: December 11, 2021, 03:07:12 PM »
Really want Dustin to win the "legitimate" belt, his post fight speech after the Khabib loss was heartbreaking. Deserves it for the amount of work he does with his local community and the improvements he's made to his game despite being in the game for so long.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #519 on: December 11, 2021, 05:54:45 PM »
Jesus, Bam Bam Tuivasa almost killed Augusto Sakai. Hell of a KO

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #520 on: December 11, 2021, 06:34:59 PM »
Yeah that was wild.

I was nervous the whole time Dominic was fighting Pedro, especially after the knock downs in round 1. I’m glad Cruz won and he looked great.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #521 on: December 11, 2021, 07:56:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah that was wild.

I was nervous the whole time Dominic was fighting Pedro, especially after the knock downs in round 1. I’m glad Cruz won and he looked great.

Cruz fight was so good. Reminded me of WEC-era Dom Cruz.

Kai Kara-France looked damn good holy shit

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #522 on: December 11, 2021, 08:58:15 PM »
What a fucking brutal run for Cody. This man keeps getting cracked

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #523 on: December 11, 2021, 09:03:21 PM »
Goddamn Nunes fought terribly. Got way too confident.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #524 on: December 11, 2021, 09:08:12 PM »
Holy shit I had full body chills for a solid 30 seconds when they put the belt on Juliana!! Wow. Amanda did well in the first round and Julian in her corner was telling her coach “she’s stopping me she’s stopping me”. At that point I thought, alright Juliana’s confidence is gone now, but then that left jab kept connecting and the look on Amanda’s face was like, wtf how is this happening, she didn’t even try to fight off or explode out of the choke, she was dusted.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 09:18:14 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #525 on: December 11, 2021, 09:41:10 PM »
Do bronx! Goddamn

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #526 on: December 11, 2021, 09:44:42 PM »
Do bronx! Goddamn

Man I didn’t want either guy to lose, but I’m really stoked for Do Bronx

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #527 on: December 11, 2021, 09:53:18 PM »
I was a little worried there in the first round for Charles. Third round comes and those knees Dustin took to the body must have had him tried and Charles just climbs on and gets it done. I’ll still proudly wear my Dustin tee shirt but I need to buy a Charles shirt now too.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #528 on: December 12, 2021, 12:09:06 AM »
Goddamn it sucks to be a Dustin Poirier fan. When he spent the whole of the round in close guard I had a feeling he would fall short again.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #529 on: December 12, 2021, 08:31:17 AM »
Goddamn it sucks to be a Dustin Poirier fan. When he spent the whole of the round in close guard I had a feeling he would fall short again.

I mean he was kinda fucked if he did anything. Risk having Charles pass his guard and mount him, or force a scramble and have him take his back. No way he’d catch Charles with a triangle or armlock from guard, Charles is too grappling savy, so I think stalling in closed guard was his safest bet.

But yeah, I had a feeling Charles would win after the first round. Sure he ate a lot of shots, but those damn body shots took a lot of wind out of Dustin’s sails, he looked very tired after the first. Sad for Dustin, but still stoked for Do Bronx though. Didn’t want either guy to lose. Sucks that most of my favourite fighters are in the lightweight division.

Oooooh baby I’m slow this morning. Great cards get me hyped and festive, I may or may not have had a few drinkypoo’s and a few spliffs last night. Went to bed and left the lights and TV on, I have no idea what time it was. Just made myself a greasy-ass breakfast and will be doing nothing today.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #530 on: December 12, 2021, 08:33:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I mean he was kinda fucked if he did anything. Risk having Charles pass his guard and mount him, or force a scramble and have him take his back. No way he’d catch Charles with a triangle or armlock from guard, Charles is too grappling savy, so I think stalling in closed guard was his safest bet.

But yeah, I had a feeling Charles would win after the first round. Sure he ate a lot of shots, but those damn body shots took a lot of wind out of Dustin’s sails, he looked very tired after the first. Sad for Dustin, but still stoked for Do Bronx though. Didn’t want either guy to lose. Sucks that most of my favourite fighters are in the lightweight division.

Oooooh baby I’m slow this morning. Great cards get me hyped and festive, I may or may not have had a few drinkypoo’s and a few spliffs last night. Went to bed and left the lights and TV on, I have no idea what time it was. Just made myself a greasy-ass breakfast and will be doing nothing today.

Damn dude you went full Jim Lahey last night on the drinkypoos

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #531 on: December 12, 2021, 08:35:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Damn dude you went full Jim Lahey last night on the drinkypoos

Fuckin’ way she goes.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #532 on: December 12, 2021, 11:27:26 AM »
Sometimes in my head I compare skateboarder styles to fighter styles and the way Dom Cruz has always moved around makes me think of Torrey Pudwill or Andy Anderson. Like he just is kinda goofy looking but good.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

NorthShore

• Rep: 5
« Reply #533 on: December 13, 2021, 09:04:33 AM »
Such a great card with tons of amazing fights. I had a perfect Saturday night staying in and watching the action with pizza and brews.

O'Malley's fight looked almost too easy, he's finished eleven fights via stoppage now!

One of my favorites was Julianna Pena vs. Amanda Nunes. Julianna looked totally shook when she had that slip early in the first round and fell. It looked like Nunes was just going to maim her. But to have her rally and come back to get the win and the title, that was insane!

The headliner was also a textbook case of why it's 'mixed' martial arts. Dustin was really hurting Oliveira with his strikes and probably could have gotten the knockout if Oliveira hadn't adapted his strategy. But adapt he did and stayed away from damage, landed those heavy knees and dominated on the ground with nasty shots. The standing rear naked choke was gnarly, he really used his full arsenal to stop a dangerous challenger. Oliveira really proved himself as a champ with that one.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #534 on: January 05, 2022, 10:03:56 PM »
what do you all think of this bullshit jake paul is talking now? telling dana he will retire from boxing and fight mazvidal in the octagon if dana raises the fighter pay? seems like another cry for attention, he would die in that octagon.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #535 on: January 05, 2022, 11:32:51 PM »
what do you all think of this bullshit jake paul is talking now? telling dana he will retire from boxing and fight mazvidal in the octagon if dana raises the fighter pay? seems like another cry for attention, he would die in that octagon.

Everything they do is for attention but i also think he does care about raising fighter pay and i respect that he's using his media capital to make it an issue

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #536 on: January 06, 2022, 12:18:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Everything they do is for attention but i also think he does care about raising fighter pay and i respect that he's using his media capital to make it an issue

Dana White and the UFC are doing a good job teaching a mostly conservative fan base about the contradictions of capitalism!

It is fairly obvious that Dana couldn’t really raise fighter‘s pay even if he wanted to. When has a business ever really done that voluntarily?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #537 on: January 06, 2022, 12:21:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Dana White and the UFC are doing a good job teaching a mostly conservative fan base about the contradictions of capitalism!

It is fairly obvious that Dana couldn’t really raise fighter‘s pay even if he wanted to. When has a business ever really done that voluntarily?

Hate Jake Paul's schtick but a win over Askren and Woodley (twice) is impressive, and everyone is finally becoming aware how poorly combat sports outside of boxing actually pays.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #538 on: January 06, 2022, 05:58:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Hate Jake Paul's schtick but a win over Askren and Woodley (twice) is impressive, and everyone is finally becoming aware how poorly combat sports outside of boxing actually pays.

No doubt. His whole angle is very smart as well since Dana White has this blown up egotistical personality who can never be above anything,  and since these MMA fighters are not nearly paid enough in their sport for how famous they are.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #539 on: January 06, 2022, 06:25:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

No doubt. His whole angle is very smart as well since Dana White has this blown up egotistical personality who can never be above anything,  and since these MMA fighters are not nearly paid enough in their sport for how famous they are.

Yeah Dana is a perfect bloated old foil