Author Topic: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)  (Read 58933 times)

BallDontLie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #540 on: January 06, 2022, 07:42:43 AM »
I’m all for watching that doofus get slapped around by a UFC guy ESPECIALLY if it means more money for the fighters…

Same with the nfl/nba boxing matches…letting them older cats get their bag.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #541 on: January 06, 2022, 07:49:21 AM »
To go off on a rant here: Insta is full of basic Conor McGregor nut huggers who probably haven't trained a day in the life and look at him like a lifestyle god / entrepreneur-business bro. The most annoying post was someone comparing Conor's shin injury with Weidman and Anderson Silva's injury, all horrific but his leg didn't get the linguine treatment like the other 2 did.

"These 2 fools had to be carried out in a stretcher screaming like a bitch. But not Conor, he's so cool sticking around after the fight and doing the interview."
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #542 on: January 06, 2022, 08:22:41 AM »
To go off on a rant here: Insta is full of basic Conor McGregor nut huggers who probably haven't trained a day in the life and look at him like a lifestyle god / entrepreneur-business bro. The most annoying post was someone comparing Conor's shin injury with Weidman and Anderson Silva's injury, all horrific but his leg didn't get the linguine treatment like the other 2 did.

"These 2 fools had to be carried out in a stretcher screaming like a bitch. But not Conor, he's so cool sticking around after the fight and doing the interview."

Conors fans are such fucking clowns

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #543 on: January 06, 2022, 03:19:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
what do you all think of this bullshit jake paul is talking now? telling dana he will retire from boxing and fight mazvidal in the octagon if dana raises the fighter pay? seems like another cry for attention, he would die in that octagon.
[close]

Everything they do is for attention but i also think he does care about raising fighter pay and i respect that he's using his media capital to make it an issue
[close]

Dana White and the UFC are doing a good job teaching a mostly conservative fan base about the contradictions of capitalism!

It is fairly obvious that Dana couldn’t really raise fighter‘s pay even if he wanted to. When has a business ever really done that voluntarily?

[close]

Hate Jake Paul's schtick but a win over Askren and Woodley (twice) is impressive, and everyone is finally becoming aware how poorly combat sports outside of boxing actually pays.
[close]

No doubt. His whole angle is very smart as well since Dana White has this blown up egotistical personality who can never be above anything,  and since these MMA fighters are not nearly paid enough in their sport for how famous they are.
i mean dana said “feel free to go start your own fight league, it’s really not that hard”. jake has the money. maybe he will do so just to spite dana? dana responded to his claims that he was a coke head saying he would let paul test him for blow for the next 10 years if he can test jake for steroids for the next 2. i honestly would love to see him box usman, he already called it out. he weighs 20 more pounds than him, is an inch taller and has the same reach. let’s see that fight happen and then i will respect the guy. i think he lost that first woodley fight honestly if you watch it over. knockout was impressive but, seemed a little fixed to me at the same time. it’s cool that he wants to pay fighters more and all of that but, his constant shit talk to some of the best fighters out is pretty wild to me. talking about fighting canelo…  ;D he’s rushing himself too much and is going to be a highlight very soon if his managers don’t protect him from a raw deal. just my opinion.

on the mcgregor note. if he were (not saying it will happen or anything) to come back, fight olivera for the title (even though gaethje is way more deserving) and win, again… would you guys maybe start to like him a little more again at least as a fighter? all the trashy shit talk and throwing money down the toilet aside, it looks like olivera is more welcoming of a mcgregor fight than gaethje. if it were to happen, i think it would be one of the greatest comebacks especially after losing twice in a row to porier who now just lost to olivera.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #544 on: January 06, 2022, 06:12:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
what do you all think of this bullshit jake paul is talking now? telling dana he will retire from boxing and fight mazvidal in the octagon if dana raises the fighter pay? seems like another cry for attention, he would die in that octagon.
[close]

Everything they do is for attention but i also think he does care about raising fighter pay and i respect that he's using his media capital to make it an issue
[close]

Dana White and the UFC are doing a good job teaching a mostly conservative fan base about the contradictions of capitalism!

It is fairly obvious that Dana couldn’t really raise fighter‘s pay even if he wanted to. When has a business ever really done that voluntarily?

[close]

Hate Jake Paul's schtick but a win over Askren and Woodley (twice) is impressive, and everyone is finally becoming aware how poorly combat sports outside of boxing actually pays.
[close]

No doubt. His whole angle is very smart as well since Dana White has this blown up egotistical personality who can never be above anything,  and since these MMA fighters are not nearly paid enough in their sport for how famous they are.
[close]
i mean dana said “feel free to go start your own fight league, it’s really not that hard”. jake has the money. maybe he will do so just to spite dana? dana responded to his claims that he was a coke head saying he would let paul test him for blow for the next 10 years if he can test jake for steroids for the next 2. i honestly would love to see him box usman, he already called it out. he weighs 20 more pounds than him, is an inch taller and has the same reach. let’s see that fight happen and then i will respect the guy. i think he lost that first woodley fight honestly if you watch it over. knockout was impressive but, seemed a little fixed to me at the same time. it’s cool that he wants to pay fighters more and all of that but, his constant shit talk to some of the best fighters out is pretty wild to me. talking about fighting canelo…  ;D he’s rushing himself too much and is going to be a highlight very soon if his managers don’t protect him from a raw deal. just my opinion.

on the mcgregor note. if he were (not saying it will happen or anything) to come back, fight olivera for the title (even though gaethje is way more deserving) and win, again… would you guys maybe start to like him a little more again at least as a fighter? all the trashy shit talk and throwing money down the toilet aside, it looks like olivera is more welcoming of a mcgregor fight than gaethje. if it were to happen, i think it would be one of the greatest comebacks especially after losing twice in a row to porier who now just lost to olivera.

RE Jake Paul - it's the fight game and he & his management team are going to make sure they get paid to get beat up by actual top ranked fighters. Work up the heel angle and people will be pouring money to see him get his comeuppance.

RE Conor - Olivera knows the PPV money is with the McGregor fight, despite his losses he's still the biggest draw for the UFC and you'll struggle to find a fighter who can sell tickets like he does. 2 years ago I would have picked Gaethje to beat Olivera, but this new version of him so hot right now.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #545 on: January 07, 2022, 07:34:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I don't see Conor being able to handle new do bronx. So much of mma has evolved and changed and although Conor is still very talented, it's obvious that his time away from fighting has stunted things for him a little. Outside of shoulder strikes, has he introduced any new folds to his game? Do bronx went from one of the most dangerous submission artists to adding works class striking to his repetoir. He doesn't have the smothering Dagestani top control that khabib does but i can see him still giving Conor a lot of problems in any phase of the fight. If Conor wins good for him, but I'm not going to regrow my respect for that Muppet

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #546 on: January 07, 2022, 03:20:01 PM »
The thing that sucks about Conor is that he was super exciting to watch rise up.  He was actually very clever and witty in press conferences early on which made it funny, and amazing how he would call out what round that he would finish his opponent. But then at some point he just became a straight up asshole, and his shit talking turned to more of a low level insult show.  When it comes to his fighting I just think he took too much time off while others like Dustin were grinding out there and putting in work.  The game has evolved, but he hasn't evolved with it.  I respect him for still going out there and fighting, but he's a delusional prick that is annoying as hell these days. I don't think he deserves a title fight, but the UFC wants the $$$$.

aleksander

• Rep: 121
« Reply #547 on: January 07, 2022, 06:08:24 PM »
Peak Conor was when he came dancing into the presser an hour later wearing a gucci fur coat and then proceeded to decimate Eddie Alvarez. He was a huge prick, but still enjoyable and had that hair-trigger left. Now it's just 100% shit talk and self-promotion instead of like 99%.
"Let's just do something stupid and ridiculous and just be as fucking regular as we possibly can."

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #548 on: January 08, 2022, 01:40:43 AM »
The thing that sucks about Conor is that he was super exciting to watch rise up.  He was actually very clever and witty in press conferences early on which made it funny, and amazing how he would call out what round that he would finish his opponent. But then at some point he just became a straight up asshole, and his shit talking turned to more of a low level insult show.  When it comes to his fighting I just think he took too much time off while others like Dustin were grinding out there and putting in work.  The game has evolved, but he hasn't evolved with it.  I respect him for still going out there and fighting, but he's a delusional prick that is annoying as hell these days. I don't think he deserves a title fight, but the UFC wants the $$$$.

The UFC needs to find him an aging vet with enough name recognition for him to crush, but he's in the deepest division. I could see competitive matches with RDA (finally get his red panty night), Tony Ferguson or Dan Hooker.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #549 on: January 08, 2022, 07:22:57 AM »
I’ll admit i didn’t mind him during poirier 2. Seemed like he humbled a bit. But that doesn’t sell quite like wcw nwo heel mcgregor…
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #550 on: January 08, 2022, 04:36:38 PM »
I’ll admit i didn’t mind him during poirier 2. Seemed like he humbled a bit. But that doesn’t sell quite like wcw nwo heel mcgregor…
exactly. this is my thing, everyone says it’s him that sold out, has changed, doesn’t take it seriously… does no one maybe think that he changed the game of this sport by his antics and was paid so handsomely and signed to such large deals maybe by the media requiring him to be this character? is it really just this guy is so cocky and money went to his head and all that? maybe he started off purely and we enjoyed it, and he was forced to become this other persona that flaunts gucci and says under the belt shit to get more fame? look at colby covington…

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #551 on: January 09, 2022, 02:40:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
exactly. this is my thing, everyone says it’s him that sold out, has changed, doesn’t take it seriously… does no one maybe think that he changed the game of this sport by his antics and was paid so handsomely and signed to such large deals maybe by the media requiring him to be this character? is it really just this guy is so cocky and money went to his head and all that? maybe he started off purely and we enjoyed it, and he was forced to become this other persona that flaunts gucci and says under the belt shit to get more fame? look at colby covington…

Ya, the tweets about Khabib's dad were marketing genius.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #552 on: January 09, 2022, 11:54:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

missing the point. i just said he has been distasteful for a long time. i’m saying, do you really think it’s all him? does colby covington really love donald trump that much and wear nypd hats showing up to a fight because that’s who he really is? or does it sell out madison square garden? could be both but something tells me that it’s not when these guys have only gotten bigger and bigger by being bigger and bigger pieces of shit. think about it. did porier vs mcgregor 2 not seem as exciting as the trilogy because it wasn’t a trilogy, or was it because there wasn’t as much static in the air?

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #553 on: January 09, 2022, 09:07:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
missing the point. i just said he has been distasteful for a long time. i’m saying, do you really think it’s all him? does colby covington really love donald trump that much and wear nypd hats showing up to a fight because that’s who he really is? or does it sell out madison square garden? could be both but something tells me that it’s not when these guys have only gotten bigger and bigger by being bigger and bigger pieces of shit. think about it. did porier vs mcgregor 2 not seem as exciting as the trilogy because it wasn’t a trilogy, or was it because there wasn’t as much static in the air?

Poirer 2 was so electric because Conor fucked off and did his celebrity shit and then came back and was so thoroughly starched by khabib that he laid fairly low for a while. Then he smoked an old ass cowboy and people thought the old Mac might be back. And after that first round it looked like he was and then dusty figured his timing out and smoked him

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #554 on: January 10, 2022, 08:47:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Poirer 2 was so electric because Conor fucked off and did his celebrity shit and then came back and was so thoroughly starched by khabib that he laid fairly low for a while. Then he smoked an old ass cowboy and people thought the old Mac might be back. And after that first round it looked like he was and then dusty figured his timing out and smoked him

Tough to decide which Conor beating I preferred watching:
1) Getting wrestlefucked by Khabib
2) Getting his leg tenderized and KO'd with punches
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #555 on: January 10, 2022, 09:19:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Tough to decide which Conor beating I preferred watching:
1) Getting wrestlefucked by Khabib
2) Getting his leg tenderized and KO'd with punches

That right hook that dusty cracked his forehead with is one of the best punches I've ever seen. My friend and i were literally hugging each other and jumping on his bed screaming "HOLY FUCK HE DID IT, DUSTY DID IT!"

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #557 on: January 10, 2022, 11:10:58 PM »

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #558 on: January 10, 2022, 11:15:29 PM »
Bro i have gifs of it from every angle saved on my phone. I watch it intermittently to give me a little lift. I can close my eyes and see Conor taking a seat from Dustin hitting him with his UNITY ring right in his forehead

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #559 on: January 11, 2022, 01:17:28 AM »

I read this one in Tom Penny's voice as he's waking Arto up.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #560 on: January 11, 2022, 01:33:42 PM »
If Charles beats Justin, for me, he can lose to whoever after that. He will go down as one of best all time champs in my book if he beats both Dustin and Justin (and Chandler, I’ve seen a lot of Chandler haters on YouTube and Instagram but I like the guy, he can brawl and he’s entertaining. 
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #561 on: January 11, 2022, 02:49:05 PM »

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #562 on: January 11, 2022, 03:21:18 PM »
Covington vs Masvidal is official for March 5th at UFC 272

https://twitter.com/bokamotoespn/status/1481011471584677895?s=21

To be fair, I have no idea how Masvidal can win this. Colby won't shoot a sloppy single leg and get Ben Askren'd.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #563 on: January 11, 2022, 03:48:07 PM »

To be fair, I have no idea how Masvidal can win this. Colby won't shoot a sloppy single leg and get Ben Askren'd.

Jorge has a pretty good sprawl and cage walk against everyone who isn't kamaru.
It'll be interesting to see if Colby still has a strong chin after that jaw got broken

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #564 on: January 11, 2022, 04:02:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Jorge has a pretty good sprawl and cage walk against everyone who isn't kamaru.
It'll be interesting to see if Colby still has a strong chin after that jaw got broken

Jorge was great defensive grappling surprisingly, I just don't know how he's going to deal with the pressure and the constant volume from Colby. I don't see Jorge winning by KO though. Colby took some huge shots in the last Usman fight and still made it close towards the end.

Crazier things have happened though, I was convinced Askren was going to wrestlefuck Jorge.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #565 on: January 11, 2022, 05:48:35 PM »
masvidal vs covington isn’t really that exciting to me. i think it’s obvious covington will take it. one of them should be fighting leon edwards if anything and then he should fight kamaru for the title. ngannou vs gane is a way more exciting fight, i hope ngannou can keep up the way lewis couldn’t.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #566 on: January 11, 2022, 06:03:52 PM »
masvidal vs covington isn’t really that exciting to me. i think it’s obvious covington will take it. one of them should be fighting leon edwards if anything and then he should fight kamaru for the title. ngannou vs gane is a way more exciting fight, i hope ngannou can keep up the way lewis couldn’t.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_E6jXHMPs4

I read Derrick Lewis and knew I had to put this on. I watch this on shitty days at work.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #567 on: January 22, 2022, 10:49:40 PM »
Fuck you Dana White
Pay Francis his fucking money

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #568 on: January 23, 2022, 02:42:02 AM »
Are we sure that wasn't just Brock in a super convincing Ngannou cosplay?

I actually knocked my bong over when he channeled Davey Boy Smith and fucking powerslammed him. You could almost see that as the point where Gane realized he wasn't in there with a human. Patient, level changing, guard passing, hook sinking Francis is fucking terrifying. Ever since the first Stipe fight he looks like a different person and you can tell he has one of the best corners and teams in the UFC.

The scary thing is he may have just done that on one knee.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #569 on: January 23, 2022, 08:06:55 AM »
Are we sure that wasn't just Brock in a super convincing Ngannou cosplay?

I actually knocked my bong over when he channeled Davey Boy Smith and fucking powerslammed him. You could almost see that as the point where Gane realized he wasn't in there with a human. Patient, level changing, guard passing, hook sinking Francis is fucking terrifying. Ever since the first Stipe fight he looks like a different person and you can tell he has one of the best corners and teams in the UFC.

The scary thing is he may have just done that on one knee.

Gane’s still at the top of the pack at HW though, if he works on his grappling more, he’s going to be a major problem. I still think he can beat Francis. I’d like to see him vs Stipe or Apsinall eventually.

I’m just glad he never fought Curtis Blaydes though.

I have a soft spot for Gane though, I saw his second pro fight in TKO here in Quebec when he beat the ever-loving fuck out of Adam Dyczka. I stood 5 feet away from him, he’s gigantic, I can only imagine how big Francis is.

Props to Francis though, he fought a very smart fight and his BJJ has improved so much. I loved the panic in DC’s voice when he went “Oh my goodness he’s doing jiu-jitsu now”.