Author Topic: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)  (Read 58920 times)

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #660 on: September 21, 2022, 01:43:11 AM »
I never saw that fight, but the Aldo v Faber fight...holy shit.  Just pure destruction of Faber's legs.  I would have tapped out or faked an injury way sooner then endure those leg kicks.

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #661 on: September 21, 2022, 09:22:41 AM »
https://forums.mixedmartialarts.com/t/mccorkles-matt-hughes-book-review/1691049

I don't know if it's ever been posted in here but i was rereading mccorckle's hilarious review of Matt Hughes' book where he confesses his many crimes and embarrassments. Fuck, Hughes is such a worthless scumbag

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #662 on: September 21, 2022, 07:23:32 PM »
I never saw that fight, but the Aldo v Faber fight...holy shit.  Just pure destruction of Faber's legs.  I would have tapped out or faked an injury way sooner then endure those leg kicks.

Taking kicks to the thigh and calf, just 1 well placed on to the IT band can buckle your leg and have you limping for days / weeks. Puts into perspective the toughness of professional kickboxers who takes these kicks relentlessly.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #663 on: September 21, 2022, 09:26:04 PM »
https://forums.mixedmartialarts.com/t/mccorkles-matt-hughes-book-review/1691049

I don't know if it's ever been posted in here but i was rereading mccorckle's hilarious review of Matt Hughes' book where he confesses his many crimes and embarrassments. Fuck, Hughes is such a worthless scumbag

Hahaha ya I've read that.  I went through and watched a few of the old Ultimate Fighter seasons about a year ago and I came across that halfway through the Hughes v Franklin season.  He came off as a prick on the show, but was fully sold when I read that.

In other news, with the weather starting to cool down I think I'm going to sign up at a no-gi Jiu-Jitsu club in the next few weeks.  I wrestled for a handful of years when I was a kid and think I'd enjoy it.

Steely Daniel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #664 on: September 22, 2022, 01:33:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone watching GGG Canelo 3? I don't wanna make a new thread specifically for boxing cause it's not very popular these days it seems...

And no wonder. What a garbage fight. Can't believe they were charging $80 for this. Glad I streamed it for free.

GGG won 2-3 rounds at most.
[close]

Ya, I watched it.  It's basically what I expected.  GGG is 40 years old now and was clearly just in it for the paycheck.

Joyce vs Parker should be a good scrap.

Not much else too exciting on the horizon barring Wilder Helenius, Bivol Ramirez and possibly finally Spence Crawford.

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #665 on: September 22, 2022, 04:15:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone watching GGG Canelo 3? I don't wanna make a new thread specifically for boxing cause it's not very popular these days it seems...

And no wonder. What a garbage fight. Can't believe they were charging $80 for this. Glad I streamed it for free.

GGG won 2-3 rounds at most.
[close]

Ya, I watched it.  It's basically what I expected.  GGG is 40 years old now and was clearly just in it for the paycheck.
[close]

Joyce vs Parker should be a good scrap.

Not much else too exciting on the horizon barring Wilder Helenius, Bivol Ramirez and possibly finally Spence Crawford.

I've been following this dude for a few years now.  Saw him Mike Tyson someone in the first round on the Davis vs Santa Cruz card and have been a fan since.  He's got a real throwback, exciting style.  He's still pretty young, hopefully he gets some good matchups in the next 5 years cause that style is really hard to keep up in your 30's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3YALk35Xyg

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #666 on: September 23, 2022, 04:17:24 PM »
Cruz is kind of a dirty fighter though he always leads with his head and throws a lot of low blows. But he definitely brings it and is entertaining to watch. I was kind of unimpressed that he couldn't stop the corpse of Francisco Vargas but then he gave Tank a hell of a fight and arguably could have won or got a draw if it wasn't for boxing's always suspect/corrupt judging. I follow boxing pretty closely and try to keep up with all the top guys from like 108 lbs to the big heavy weights.

NorthShore

• Rep: 5
« Reply #667 on: September 29, 2022, 03:56:22 PM »
Hey brosephs, who do you have Sean O'Malley vs Petr Yan?

They announced Yan as the 4-1 betting favorite...

Definitely a career-defining moment for Sugar Sean. And we have yet to see his grappling.

Not like he doesn't have grappling skills, apparently he trains a lot with good sparring partners. But also look what happened to Giga Chikadze. He was on such a roll and then Kattar beat him with groundwork.

Sean O'Malley vs Petr Yan: What do you say?

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #668 on: September 29, 2022, 03:58:25 PM »
Hey brosephs, who do you have Sean O'Malley vs Petr Yan?

They announced Yan as the 4-1 betting favorite...

Definitely a career-defining moment for Sugar Sean. And we have yet to see his grappling.

Not like he doesn't have grappling skills, apparently he trains a lot with good sparring partners. But also look what happened to Giga Chikadze. He was on such a roll and then Kattar beat him with groundwork.

Sean O'Malley vs Petr Yan: What do you say?

I really can't see O'Malley taking this one. Especially with how glass his legs are, yan is probably gonna kick the shit out of him

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #669 on: October 07, 2022, 12:02:21 PM »
I guess I'll put this here.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cja8w2FsxzP/
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #670 on: October 07, 2022, 12:58:17 PM »

Yooo chiesa in a menkimati shirt??? Never would have seen that one coming

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #671 on: October 07, 2022, 01:15:34 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yooo chiesa in a menkimati shirt??? Never would have seen that one coming

I remember seeing pictures of him when he was younger and he was a straight-up skate rat until he discovered grappling.

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #672 on: October 07, 2022, 01:29:11 PM »
Thats cool.  Rockhold and the rutolo twins also skate

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #673 on: October 07, 2022, 01:45:49 PM »
Thats cool.  Rockhold and the rutolo twins also skate

Man I’m so stoked to see the Ruotolos’ namedropped here, dudes are killing it.

Jailin Turner skates too, dude’s got a good switch game as well

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cf-LO4pDRqR/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #674 on: October 14, 2022, 12:00:22 AM »
https://www.ufc.com/event/ufc-280

Looks like a good one this week, Dillashaw has tanked his reputation and legacy in the recent past but watching him beat Renan Barao to claim the belt was a great night.

Also looking forward to Beneil Dariush fighting again.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #675 on: October 14, 2022, 10:37:40 AM »

Looks like a good one this week, Dillashaw has tanked his reputation and legacy in the recent past but watching him beat Renan Barao to claim the belt was a great night.

I love beneil. I hate how the ufc is trying to shaft him

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #676 on: October 14, 2022, 11:58:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

https://youtu.be/lgShlvwS3U8

Love the post-KO war cry at 2:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGwmAB5CMcs&ab_channel=FightnightTv.

The Drakkar Klose comeback win is great too

Amazing his his record is 21-4 after fighting for so long, the flying knee KO by Barboza set him back but he's on a 7-fight streak.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #677 on: October 15, 2022, 10:07:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

https://youtu.be/lgShlvwS3U8

Love the post-KO war cry at 2:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGwmAB5CMcs&ab_channel=FightnightTv.

The Drakkar Klose comeback win is great too

Amazing his his record is 21-4 after fighting for so long, the flying knee KO by Barboza set him back but he's on a 7-fight streak.

That drakkar ko was so filthy

huggernaut

• Rep: 12
« Reply #678 on: October 16, 2022, 06:55:09 PM »

An insanely stacked card that will be hard for me to manage to watch at the time it’s airing.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #679 on: October 17, 2022, 02:38:18 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usa3tN4ZWK4&ab_channel=UFC-UltimateFightingChampionship

Disgusting cut above Dillashaw's eye, booty hole clenched every time the camera panned over.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

LB

« Reply #680 on: October 22, 2022, 02:36:22 PM »
SPOILERS

the petr v o'malley fight was a suprise, didnt think he would do so well.  benny v gamrot was excellent scrambles.  hes well overdue a titleshot and looks like volk getting it next.
unfortunate for tj, hes a bellend but love watching him fight.  dumb decision to fight with a shoulder thats recently dislocated 20 times. 
happy for islam but that hurt seeing charles lose.  was worried about his eyes bleeding after recent lasik surgery.
great card.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #681 on: October 23, 2022, 12:38:20 AM »
SPOILERS

the petr v o'malley fight was a suprise, didnt think he would do so well.  benny v gamrot was excellent scrambles.  hes well overdue a titleshot and looks like volk getting it next.
unfortunate for tj, hes a bellend but love watching him fight.  dumb decision to fight with a shoulder thats recently dislocated 20 times. 
happy for islam but that hurt seeing charles lose.  was worried about his eyes bleeding after recent lasik surgery.
great card.

You think he had to fight for financial reasons or was it just his ego? Why would he waste his title shot like that.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #682 on: October 23, 2022, 09:38:24 AM »
How legit is the judging in UFC? Thought O'Malley lost pretty clearly and he looked like he thought so too, and then somehow won it. Feel like they favor the popular rising stars pretty heavily when it's somewhat close. Or do I just not understand the sport good enough?

LB

« Reply #683 on: October 23, 2022, 12:35:39 PM »
Expand Quote
SPOILERS

great card.
[close]

You think he had to fight for financial reasons or was it just his ego? Why would he waste his title shot like that.

i would guess a combination of those and also his age.  37 is getting pretty old for bantamweight where speed is a major factor.  i think he would have been better pulling out and risking a title shot rather than going into a fight with a pre existing fight ending injury.  with his 2 year steroid ban, cody jacking his knee and now the shoulder injury, his career has gone off the rails pretty badly.  shame because hes a joy to watch

judging in mma is pretty fucking bad generally.  its awful how judges being so shit at their job it can cost the fighters half their paypacket and even their job

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #684 on: October 23, 2022, 06:53:10 PM »
i agree with all of that. i know sean landed more significant strikes but, petr landed more strikes all together & his ground control time equated to a full round if i remember correctly. it’s peculiar because a lot of the time someone will far out strike a fighter, do a lot more damage and maybe take them down even.. then they’ll give it to the other guy for more ground control time/takedowns even if they didn’t really do any damage. this was the opposite case where o malley obviously caused more damage from his striking but had zero ground control/takedowns & won? i think it’s definitely because he’s the ufc’s new “project” as some will say & they want him to blow up even bigger as does he obviously. what doesn’t make sense about it is if that is so, why would him & dana both not push for the sterling fight/title shot? maybe it’s all just apart of a plan to have him finally fight cejudo when he comes back since they have been going back and forth so much already & also because aljo will just take him down & control him the entire time like he did to multiple others. seeing oliveria lose still hurts.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #685 on: October 23, 2022, 11:08:14 PM »
i agree with all of that. i know sean landed more significant strikes but, petr landed more strikes all together & his ground control time equated to a full round if i remember correctly. it’s peculiar because a lot of the time someone will far out strike a fighter, do a lot more damage and maybe take them down even.. then they’ll give it to the other guy for more ground control time/takedowns even if they didn’t really do any damage. this was the opposite case where o malley obviously caused more damage from his striking but had zero ground control/takedowns & won? i think it’s definitely because he’s the ufc’s new “project” as some will say & they want him to blow up even bigger as does he obviously. what doesn’t make sense about it is if that is so, why would him & dana both not push for the sterling fight/title shot? maybe it’s all just apart of a plan to have him finally fight cejudo when he comes back since they have been going back and forth so much already & also because aljo will just take him down & control him the entire time like he did to multiple others. seeing oliveria lose still hurts.

I agree with everything you wrote, but I think you are being a bit conspiratorial seeing a bigger plan behind it. The judges definitely favored O‘Meally, but I don‘t think there was already a plan set in place for the next fights.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #686 on: October 24, 2022, 01:12:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree with everything you wrote, but I think you are being a bit conspiratorial seeing a bigger plan behind it. The judges definitely favored O‘Meally, but I don‘t think there was already a plan set in place for the next fights.
no you’re right, i don’t mean to sound like it was predetermined for him to win. i just mean that it was so close of a call that maybe he got a pull for a possible matchup down the line as opposed to petr getting another title shot against aljo, being that he technically lost twice already so that would be unlikely. i figured with those results sean would be a sure shot, now it seems like chito will probably be it though being that aljo won’t fight merab. unless sandhagen fights chito & that determines the next title shot.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #687 on: October 24, 2022, 02:04:01 PM »
Aljo v chito please

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #688 on: October 24, 2022, 11:48:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
SPOILERS

great card.
[close]

[close]

i would guess a combination of those and also his age.  37 is getting pretty old for bantamweight where speed is a major factor.  i think he would have been better pulling out and risking a title shot rather than going into a fight with a pre existing fight ending injury.  with his 2 year steroid ban, cody jacking his knee and now the shoulder injury, his career has gone off the rails pretty badly.  shame because hes a joy to watch

Didn't watch the fight but listened to the post-fight analysis: he grimaced hard during the first take down and probably popped his shoulder again then. Post-fight interview he mentioned he was there for the money.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

skateboardnorth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #689 on: October 25, 2022, 05:45:35 AM »
How legit is the judging in UFC? Thought O'Malley lost pretty clearly and he looked like he thought so too, and then somehow won it. Feel like they favor the popular rising stars pretty heavily when it's somewhat close. Or do I just not understand the sport good enough?
. I couldn’t tell if O’Malley was surprised by the decision, or just concussed. He seemed genuinely shocked and lost for words on the mic. When they asked him about fighting for the title, I was expecting him to cut a good promo and be hyped. Instead he was like “I dunno, I have to go back and watch the fight before I decide “. It was truly strange seeing a UFC fighter not jump on the opportunity for a title fight. Win or lose, O’Malley was really impressive in the fight. His hands are lightning fast and accurate.