Author Topic: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)  (Read 58937 times)

shouldn't

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Official SLAP UFC/ MMA Thread (Spoilers)
« Reply #720 on: January 20, 2023, 07:52:03 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmqzaK51NGQ

Ngannou is a real one for this.  I'm looking forward to streaming the fight tomorrow night.  I may go out of my way to buy his next fight on whatever Bellator-like organization he ends up fighting with.  I'd love to see some real competition to the UFC.
he’s probably going to box first then move to another mma organization (maybe pfl) unless he wins & then the ufc works out the negations with him being that he’d be an even bigger draw in the sport. i don’t see him beating fury or anyone else of that caliber though honestly. jon jones signed an 8 fight contract so if he does win the belt & ngannou eventually comes back we could end up getting that fight after all.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1443
« Reply #721 on: January 20, 2023, 08:11:05 PM »
Expand Quote

Ngannou is a real one for this.  I'm looking forward to streaming the fight tomorrow night.  I may go out of my way to buy his next fight on whatever Bellator-like organization he ends up fighting with.  I'd love to see some real competition to the UFC.
[close]
he’s probably going to box first then move to another mma organization (maybe pfl) unless he wins & then the ufc works out the negations with him being that he’d be an even bigger draw in the sport. i don’t see him beating fury or anyone else of that caliber though honestly. jon jones signed an 8 fight contract so if he does win the belt & ngannou eventually comes back we could end up getting that fight after all.

I want ciryl to kick Jon's ass. I fucking hate him so much

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #722 on: January 20, 2023, 11:20:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

yeah, he’s a giant piece of shit. also a fun person to watch fight though. either way, he just started an extensive contract so we’ll be seeing him quite a bit.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #723 on: January 21, 2023, 08:02:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
yeah, he’s a giant piece of shit. also a fun person to watch fight though. either way, he just started an extensive contract so we’ll be seeing him quite a bit.

JJ enroute to the championship and his first few defenses was so fun to watch. Him choking Lyoto unconscious and having his body slump to the ground was iconic, as was his fight with Glover, cranking his arm like a pretzel boxing in the pocket with him.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #724 on: January 22, 2023, 08:37:19 AM »
Jamal Hill demolished Glover last night. That left head kick was landing over and over again. The cut over Glover's right eye reminded me of the cut Dom Cruz sustained against Garbrandt, but Glover's was way worse. Glover is tough as nails but I'm glad Jamal got the win. I love seeing someone with a family change their entire life for the better.

Great card over all.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #725 on: January 23, 2023, 11:41:51 AM »
Jamal Hill demolished Glover last night. That left head kick was landing over and over again. The cut over Glover's right eye reminded me of the cut Dom Cruz sustained against Garbrandt, but Glover's was way worse. Glover is tough as nails but I'm glad Jamal got the win. I love seeing someone with a family change their entire life for the better.

Great card over all.

I would love if Alex Pereira would go up in weight to fight Jamal Hill. Would be somewhat of a cool storyline which is what I think the UFC is all about. But Alex also needs to fight in his weight class first. Wild he has only fight so much in the UFC and has the belt.

I am hoping also Gilbert fights Colby. That seems like a good match up rather than Colby fighting Khazmat.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #726 on: February 04, 2023, 04:39:18 PM »
I'm gonna try to catch both main events, but I think I'm prioritizing Fedor's last fight tonight.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #727 on: February 04, 2023, 11:44:14 PM »
I'm gonna try to catch both main events, but I think I'm prioritizing Fedor's last fight tonight.

The Last Emperor may have won some rounds, but Father Time always wins the fight
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #728 on: February 05, 2023, 12:35:33 PM »
Yeah, Fedor didn't have an answer for Bader's game last night. But it was still really sweet seeing all the support he got from the fighters in the cage.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #729 on: February 05, 2023, 02:27:29 PM »
Hope the HW GOAT enjoys retirement

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #730 on: February 05, 2023, 08:13:38 PM »
Hope the HW GOAT enjoys retirement

I laughed pretty hard at Dana's comments on his retirement.  Dude was a legend and dominated MMA and Sambo for about a decade.  His body has to be in similar shape to Mick Foley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4wHOXOTblA

shpongle

• Rep: 200
  • love everyOne and tell the truth
« Reply #731 on: February 12, 2023, 07:00:33 AM »
Islam Makhachev best lightweight in the world. Mashallah

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #732 on: February 12, 2023, 01:08:11 PM »
i haven’t rewatched it yet but i thought volk won.

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #733 on: February 12, 2023, 04:10:36 PM »
i haven’t rewatched it yet but i thought volk won.

I wish they would get rid of the archaic boxing scoring.  IMO that fifth round should be worth 5 times more than the 4th round where Islam laid on him and did absolutely nothing.  That being said, I will give Islam some credit for landing some bombs and also giving Volk a nasty cut.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #734 on: March 04, 2023, 10:27:28 PM »
greatest of all time, no question. i can’t wait for the stipe fight. this has to be the best year in ufc already just based off of the cards through half of the year. bo nickal is the real ufc prospect, stop hyping up paddy, give him drew dober and then call it a retirement. khamzat vs shavkat is the fight we all want and need. great card but who knows how it holds up to the next 2 ppvs after looking at the cards, exciting.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #735 on: March 04, 2023, 11:00:09 PM »
Neal vs Shavkat fight was good. Shavkat is going to be a force to be reckoned. Shavkat vs Burns would be good.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #736 on: March 05, 2023, 03:15:10 AM »
greatest of all time, no question. i can’t wait for the stipe fight. this has to be the best year in ufc already just based off of the cards through half of the year. bo nickal is the real ufc prospect, stop hyping up paddy, give him drew dober and then call it a retirement. khamzat vs shavkat is the fight we all want and need. great card but who knows how it holds up to the next 2 ppvs after looking at the cards, exciting.

Isn't Stipe like 40 years old?  I realize the heavier weights can fight a bit longer since they aren't that quick anyways.  Still, I think that'd be a one sided beatdown.  Ngannou is the only HW with a shot and that definitely isn't happening anytime soon.

Shavkat Rakhmonov vs. Geoff Neal was a hell of a fight tho.  I'm excited to see more out of Rakhmonov.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #737 on: March 05, 2023, 04:55:52 AM »
Grasso vs Shevchenko was a fun, Grasso worked through adversity in the round 2/3 to snatch up a quick submission, Shevchenko probably felt like this afterwards:

So weird seeing Jon Jones with a gut on him, not that it slowed down his return win.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #738 on: March 05, 2023, 06:40:47 AM »
Man Shavkat's got a chin on him but dude is going to have to stop eating so many shots.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #739 on: March 05, 2023, 04:44:15 PM »
Neal v shavkat was so fucking brutal

Congrats to grasso for ripping through Valentina

aleksander

• Rep: 121
« Reply #740 on: March 05, 2023, 06:07:37 PM »
God I fucking hate how good Jon Jones is. I honestly think he beats his wife and wrecks his car into pregnant women and causes all this drama because on a subconscious level he's just bored with how easy MMA is for him. Bones decimating competition while being a complete disaster outside of the cage is like VOV doing the loop switch.
"Let's just do something stupid and ridiculous and just be as fucking regular as we possibly can."

allenalexander

• Rep: 2
« Reply #741 on: March 08, 2023, 08:00:35 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKWPD0KYi_c

Here is the skate connection to this thread. Will Blaty is crazy

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #742 on: March 18, 2023, 09:14:12 PM »
good card. gaethje still has it, should rematch dustin for next title shot. leon was impressive, usman looked a bit slower but still had some good moments. i don’t think colby should be next but i will definitely be watching.

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #743 on: March 19, 2023, 07:32:27 AM »
good card. gaethje still has it, should rematch dustin for next title shot. leon was impressive, usman looked a bit slower but still had some good moments. i don’t think colby should be next but i will definitely be watching.

Gaethje looked like he just got out of bed when the fight was over, Fiziev looked like his face went through a car windshield during a crash. Justin was also like +250 underdog going into that fight. Crazy performance by both guys.

I think Colby getting the shot has to be connected to the Masvidal legal issue. I'd have to imagine Colby's lawyer is trying to pin some sort of responsibility or negligence on the UFC for what happened, whether it's legit or not, and this could be the UFC's way of trying to make it go away. I agree that he shouldn't be getting the next shot either. Belal is on a 9 fight unbeaten streak.

I'm sick of seeing the same 2 or 3 dudes fight for the title over the past few years.

Edit: Usman has 5 titles defenses against 3 different people. Jorge twice, Colby twice, and Burns once. I don't get why people were so quick to call him the GOAT WW.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 09:06:39 AM by fineslime »

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #744 on: March 20, 2023, 07:52:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Gaethje looked like he just got out of bed when the fight was over, Fiziev looked like his face went through a car windshield during a crash. Justin was also like +250 underdog going into that fight. Crazy performance by both guys.

I think Colby getting the shot has to be connected to the Masvidal legal issue. I'd have to imagine Colby's lawyer is trying to pin some sort of responsibility or negligence on the UFC for what happened, whether it's legit or not, and this could be the UFC's way of trying to make it go away. I agree that he shouldn't be getting the next shot either. Belal is on a 9 fight unbeaten streak.

I'm sick of seeing the same 2 or 3 dudes fight for the title over the past few years.

Edit: Usman has 5 titles defenses against 3 different people. Jorge twice, Colby twice, and Burns once. I don't get why people were so quick to call him the GOAT WW.

The good news is if Leon beats colby he can shut the fuck up and stop demanding title shots and he can fight another killer in that division

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #745 on: April 09, 2023, 06:29:43 AM »
https://dubz.co/video/32bfc4

Damn what a KO in the main event, Pereira looks good kicking the legs and straight punches to the body, but straight right was right on the button.

Post fight celebration was good fun too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_VhJbhoVT8
« Last Edit: April 09, 2023, 06:48:42 AM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #746 on: April 09, 2023, 10:39:12 AM »
Izzy just beat his demon live in front of the world and left no doubt. Shout to him

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #747 on: April 10, 2023, 06:00:38 PM »
Izzy just beat his demon live in front of the world and left no doubt. Shout to him

he ended up leaving him frozen like Elsa after all...

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #748 on: May 06, 2023, 06:57:02 PM »
Hahahaha Frevola calling out Paddy.  I hope to see more killers calling him out.

edit:Put the Canelo fight on in between matches, ended up watching all 12 rounds.  Thought it would be over in the 5th or 6th but Ryder had heart and was entertaining to watch.  Didn't expect that to be a good fight, but was pleasantly surprised.  I just hope Canelo isn't washed, he's a good guy and is willing to take risks, so I'd like to see him stick around a bit longer.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2023, 09:19:44 PM by igrindtwinkies »

aleksander

• Rep: 121
« Reply #749 on: June 04, 2023, 02:58:54 PM »
Randomly came across this article about fighters who skate. Funny to see Rockhold and Chito Vera with Sheckler, talk about worlds colliding. Hadn't heard of Eric Spiceley from skating or MMA but his part was a good watch. He's got a nice pop shove.
https://comainevent.com/2021/11/09/a-very-serious-ranking-the-best-skateboarders-in-mma/
"Let's just do something stupid and ridiculous and just be as fucking regular as we possibly can."