Author Topic: New royal trucks  (Read 66955 times)

RichardBarkley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -770
Re: New royal trucks
« Reply #960 on: December 16, 2023, 05:43:02 AM »
Expand Quote
They’re on sale at skate warehouse for 30$ with shipping. Gave up on the Indy mids and compulsively bought a pair. Now I got way to many trucks and currently can’t skate cuz of a year long neck injury first world problems.
[close]
you won't regret it. indys are trash now

Yeah I'm skating Thunders at the moment but Royals are the best all round truck in my opinion. Won't regret it
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Kaydubbb

• Rep: 20
« Reply #961 on: December 17, 2023, 09:10:41 PM »
I'm thinking about picking up some royals, how do I know if I'm looking at the old ones or the new ones?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 934
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #962 on: December 17, 2023, 09:39:36 PM »
I'm thinking about picking up some royals, how do I know if I'm looking at the old ones or the new ones?

The old royals came with black bushings and said 'The Royal Truck Company' along the baseplate. The sticker on the hanger was also very basic/flat.

The new royals come with blue or white bushings and just say ROYAL on the baseplate (or black bushings if you stumble upon some black ones) - the NEW sticker is prismatic.

If you go for the IKP version know that Mike Mo's pro model royal truck is the OLD royal (and the IKP were black).

Kaydubbb

« Reply #963 on: December 17, 2023, 10:03:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The old royals came with black bushings and said 'The Royal Truck Company' along the baseplate. The sticker on the hanger was also very basic/flat.

The new royals come with blue or white bushings and just say ROYAL on the baseplate (or black bushings if you stumble upon some black ones) - the NEW sticker is prismatic.

If you go for the IKP version know that Mike Mo's pro model royal truck is the OLD royal (and the IKP were black).

Thanks for the info Xen, I know you rave about the royals, how do you find the wheelbite on them?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #964 on: December 17, 2023, 11:04:56 PM »

Thanks for the info Xen, I know you rave about the royals, how do you find the wheelbite on them?

Compared to riding thunder? Nonexistent.

Of course it still happens and those stock bushings are soft…wheelbite city.

94a thunder bottom/ bones hard bottom as top bushing, bones flat washer on bottom is the sweet spot for me (195lbs / 53/54mm wheels).

Kaydubbb

« Reply #965 on: December 18, 2023, 12:05:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

94a thunder bottom/ bones hard bottom as top bushing, bones flat washer on bottom is the sweet spot for me (195lbs / 53/54mm wheels).

Sounds like it will work for me then. If the bottom bushing is tall like thunders I'll probably get away with my ace hard bottom bushing I've been using with a thicker and super cupped washer.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #966 on: December 18, 2023, 01:51:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Sounds like it will work for me then. If the bottom bushing is tall like thunders I'll probably get away with my ace hard bottom bushing I've been using with a thicker and super cupped washer.

I usually run ACE hard bottoms/tops in the royals, my current set is just beat so tried misc hard bushings I had laying around and landed on the thunder bottom/bones bottom as top combo; conical bottom does change the dynamics of the truck a bit, slightly more nimble.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 969
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #967 on: December 18, 2023, 02:26:34 PM »
I'm going to try a set.

I just gotta slim the truck ice chest. I didn't even know I had like 2 set of 44s and I thought I passed on the Slappy Hollow but I didn't.

I guess I gave up some 144s instead. Probably because whoever runs Slappy IG, i assumed Sinclair gave me um before they dropped so they're kinda extra cool.

It's the only product I've ever asked someone for. I feel funny about that stuff
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1878
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #968 on: December 18, 2023, 06:01:33 PM »
Standards (their best truck IMO) is going for $32 a pair on SWH, tack that on with the 30% discount and there's never been a better time to try them out.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Obijuan91

• Rep: 12
« Reply #969 on: December 18, 2023, 06:16:01 PM »
Just got my pair today and g’damn them things loose as fuck. Wheelbite city but I’m running 54s on em.
Anyone know how long these bushings take to break in or am I going to have to actually turn em and show king pin? Got a pair of Indy blues I’m already thinking of switching in

Micki Free

• Rep: 6
« Reply #970 on: December 18, 2023, 06:41:38 PM »
Just got my pair today and g’damn them things loose as fuck. Wheelbite city but I’m running 54s on em.
Anyone know how long these bushings take to break in or am I going to have to actually turn em and show king pin? Got a pair of Indy blues I’m already thinking of switching in

They stayed pretty loose for me even after skating a bit. I ride pretty loose trucks, so i actually liked the looseness and that they didnt harden up in the cold. But i also run 52s so at 54s youll probably want to tighten them up a bit or get Harder bushings tbh.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #971 on: December 18, 2023, 07:27:43 PM »

They don't firm up....note that the bottom bushing is taller than indy bottoms (I ran indy blues in them, it was fine but lots of pin showing); ACE bushings are perfect fit.

Obijuan91

« Reply #972 on: December 19, 2023, 08:56:38 AM »
Wondering if tightening them down shortens the wheelbase to Indy territory since I seen somewhere that it’s at 3.05
Anyone know if the old Indy classic bushings that are meant for the stage 4s the same height?
Everyone talks about how good the bushings are in the cold so I’m wondering if they’re more of an east coast winter type of vibe cuz if they’re going to mush up during the summer then they’re not worth me trying to make them work
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 09:23:32 AM by Obijuan91 »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #973 on: December 25, 2023, 09:28:50 PM »
I think I just ordered some inverted kingpin 159s for shits and giggles …

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #974 on: December 28, 2023, 11:39:37 AM »
Wondering if tightening them down shortens the wheelbase to Indy territory since I seen somewhere that it’s at 3.05
Anyone know if the old Indy classic bushings that are meant for the stage 4s the same height?
Everyone talks about how good the bushings are in the cold so I’m wondering if they’re more of an east coast winter type of vibe cuz if they’re going to mush up during the summer then they’re not worth me trying to make them work

The bottom bushing is the same size as an ace or thunder bottom bushing; tops are regular sized.

The Indy stage four bushings The bottom is on par with aces, I believe, and the tops are where it’s really taller like the current ace tops.

Clearly that style geometry requires a taller top bushing.

Obijuan91

« Reply #975 on: December 28, 2023, 05:03:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The bottom bushing is the same size as an ace or thunder bottom bushing; tops are regular sized.

The Indy stage four bushings The bottom is on par with aces, I believe, and the tops are where it’s really taller like the current ace tops.

Thank you sir for all of you knowledge on all the threads I have gone trying to figure out my mid truck madness. I threw a flat washer inside the bottom washer and it made the buttom bushing the same height. Feels great now, and these trucks are great. Madness solved.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #976 on: December 29, 2023, 01:36:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thank you sir for all of you knowledge on all the threads I have gone trying to figure out my mid truck madness. I threw a flat washer inside the bottom washer and it made the buttom bushing the same height. Feels great now, and these trucks are great. Madness solved.
For now...
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #977 on: December 29, 2023, 10:38:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Does it rattle? Seems like it might?

Obijuan91

« Reply #978 on: December 29, 2023, 04:39:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Does it rattle? Seems like it might?

It did when I had the over sized fender washers under the bottom truck washer.l bought a flat 3/8” washer that fit inside the bottom truck washer but the bushing on top of it and it’s fine. No rattling and it fit perfect.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #979 on: February 21, 2024, 04:20:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

@Obijuan91

So the Stage IV infdy bushings do not fit (sorta).

Both the bottom and top are taller than everything I have (venture/indy/thunder/ace/royal/etc.) However, the tops are close enough to ACE tops that you could use a standard royal/ace bottom and stage IV top to eat up the showing threads.

Obijuan91

« Reply #980 on: February 23, 2024, 12:22:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

@Obijuan91

So the Stage IV infdy bushings do not fit (sorta).

Both the bottom and top are taller than everything I have (venture/indy/thunder/ace/royal/etc.) However, the tops are close enough to ACE tops that you could use a standard royal/ace bottom and stage IV top to eat up the showing threads.

That’s good to know. I ended up giving in and got the pig bushings but I haven’t been able to skate to fully see how they feel with just a thread showing. Good looking out tho I’ll keep that in mind if these don’t work