Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 1232133 times)

pointandclick

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #4680 on: February 04, 2019, 01:49:01 PM »
Film trucks - a French truck company that apparently existed, but then didn't, but exists again.

filmtrucks.co

still owned by jereme daclin?

Diocletian

« Reply #4681 on: February 04, 2019, 05:14:05 PM »
They just redesigned those Film’s recently and they’re more svelt with a lower kingpin and supposedly a better geometry. The new ones in all raw are nowhere to be found in USA. You can order direct but the shipping brings them to about $70-$80 if I remember correctly. Jereme doesn’t seem to be very interested in distributing to the USA as much as Europe.

nosneb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #4682 on: February 04, 2019, 06:41:57 PM »
Them film trucks looks it will have a tight wheelbase based on where that axle is to the front holes. They look like a bury destructo truck

Edit: they look similar to indy geo
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 06:45:00 PM by nosneb »

BMCsteve

• Rep: 54
« Reply #4683 on: February 04, 2019, 06:46:27 PM »
They just redesigned those Film’s recently and they’re more svelt with a lower kingpin and supposedly a better geometry. The new ones in all raw are nowhere to be found in USA. You can order direct but the shipping brings them to about $70-$80 if I remember correctly. Jereme doesn’t seem to be very interested in distributing to the USA as much as Europe.

I thought I was tripping when I looked at the pics because the kingpin is way lower now.  Before it was almost hangar height.  They look like a good truck now

Diocletian

« Reply #4684 on: February 04, 2019, 07:32:48 PM »
Yeah the truck literally looks identical to Tensor’s “Alloy” truck now. Which makes me skeptical of how well they turn, although they’re described as being made for carving, slappies, and coping.

« Reply #4685 on: February 04, 2019, 10:08:31 PM »
red forged hollow indy 169s with indy 78a bushings with 58mm 99du conical full spits and no risers, works wonders

Do you weigh 90lbs and only skate flatground?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 07:37:16 AM by 199002 »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
« Reply #4686 on: February 04, 2019, 10:21:40 PM »
Film?  Made me think about how little talk about Sternum on here.....

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #4687 on: February 05, 2019, 12:04:56 AM »
Expand Quote
I had a convo with the new owner of Tracker a month or so ago. According to him, Indy’s cast stuff is still poured at Ermico but not entirely. They also pour it in China but there’s nothing noticeable to differentiate, so they get away with it. Tracker is no longer made in USA, even though their new hangers are stamped USA underneath (which I think is grounds for a gov’t fine or something?). It’s pretty evident that USA foundries cannot keep up with the demand and cost to churn out so many trucks.
[close]

I blame Rob.

I blame slap message boards gear section

Those film trucks look cool if they were a bit lower

yes

olan.is.rollin

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4688 on: February 05, 2019, 09:46:56 PM »
Expand Quote
red forged hollow indy 169s with indy 78a bushings with 58mm 99du conical full spits and no risers, works wonders
[close]

Do you weigh 90lbs and only skate flatground?
i really only skate tranny and stairs, sometimes curbs and hills but only when i dont feel like driving

oneOone

• Rep: 3
« Reply #4689 on: February 06, 2019, 01:27:30 AM »
Looking forward to the Venture Titaniums.
Film trucks are made in China if anyone cares.

In A Jar

• Rep: 35
    • just say null avatar image
« Reply #4690 on: February 09, 2019, 09:20:05 AM »

New Venture catalog is up.  No Titaniums in 5.8.   :'(

Larry Dallas

« Reply #4691 on: February 09, 2019, 09:40:01 AM »
Venture needs to cool it with the obnoxious colors. Nobody wants gold trucks.

Also, a 5.5 would be nice.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #4692 on: February 09, 2019, 10:52:44 AM »
Ventures are good, the colors can be a lot. The 5.5 and 5.8 titanium’s would make more sense for the current market, but I’m not skating vert. Bones bushings in ventures and they turn easy.

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #4693 on: February 09, 2019, 08:59:40 PM »
Venture needs to cool it with the obnoxious colors. Nobody wants gold trucks.

Also, a 5.5 would be nice.

I do, I use to love gold colored things but primitive kinda ruined it for me

I remember when it was more of a pj Ladd thing and a special color gear thing now it’s just overly used to hype the value like supreme
yes

drinny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #4694 on: February 10, 2019, 01:44:34 AM »
I still don't know what's supposed to be the advantage here for the v-titanium ? Lighter (but not hollow axle?) or stronger? Wouldn't hurt for them to advertise it properly ffs

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #4695 on: February 10, 2019, 02:48:57 AM »
I still don't know what's supposed to be the advantage here for the v-titanium ? Lighter (but not hollow axle?) or stronger? Wouldn't hurt for them to advertise it properly ffs

Just like Indy and Thunder. Forged baseplate: lighter, hollow kingpin: lighter, titanium axle: lighter. But I agree that truck marketing is fucked up. "5.2", "144", "148", "44". Why not just list the axle width or maybe even better the width from the outer bearing to the outer bearing on the other side as Aces for example seem to have more axle sticking out from the hanger than other brands so the wheels will be set narrower than they would on some other brand trucks with the same axle width. Also list weights, heights, what the effect on wheelbase is, bushing durometers etc. Shouldn't be too hard.  ???

Diocletian

« Reply #4696 on: February 13, 2019, 04:29:46 PM »
Does anyone recall when Indy first came out with stage 11’s that the QC (axle slip, etc) was better or worse? I recently found a set of new ones that have USA stamped baseplates and silver kingpins which is unusual because they’ve always been black besides the low kingpins ???

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #4697 on: February 13, 2019, 08:46:57 PM »
Still got some Made in USA stamped stage 11 159s in rotation. Never had axle slip on them.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4698 on: February 13, 2019, 10:39:19 PM »
Still got some Made in USA stamped stage 11 159s in rotation. Never had axle slip on them.

I have these. Favorite Indy’s. The cast plates might not be perfectly flat on mine. Don’t care. Skate great.

KruxSuck

• Rep: -4
« Reply #4699 on: February 16, 2019, 06:21:15 PM »
Thunder(whatever the 8.0 size is)
I swap bushings from my friend who rides krux and loves stock thunder bushings
tighten the truck pretty well
do a fair bit of poser grinds to wear out the king pin

Diocletian

« Reply #4700 on: February 16, 2019, 06:29:57 PM »
Really wanna try a set of the new Film trucks with the updated geometry. Anyone know of a USA shop that sells them? They cost way too much after shipping from overseas for a regular set of cast trucks.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #4701 on: February 16, 2019, 07:45:44 PM »
So i had the perfect Thunders with the thunder 95 duro bushings. lost my board at an airport and bought a new setup but the shop didn't have the thunder bushings they sell so I got the Independent conical shaped ones that are 92duro and goddamn are those bushings amazing quality - probably my go to for when i get new thunders. the indy conical shape works perfect on the thunders for the stock bushings are a similar conical shape

any one else run indy bushings on other trucks?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4702 on: February 17, 2019, 01:14:41 AM »
So i had the perfect Thunders with the thunder 95 duro bushings. lost my board at an airport and bought a new setup but the shop didn't have the thunder bushings they sell so I got the Independent conical shaped ones that are 92duro and goddamn are those bushings amazing quality - probably my go to for when i get new thunders. the indy conical shape works perfect on the thunders for the stock bushings are a similar conical shape

Indy 78A Super Softs work nicely on Ventures. Same exact shape and size as Venture bushings. Getting rid of the top washer gives you a bit more extra turn. It's quite a fun ride. Loose as fuck in the middle but still rather stable as they're Ventures.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #4703 on: February 17, 2019, 11:33:59 AM »
I tried the red (88a?) Indy's in my Krux and thought they were garbage, hard and plasticky just like stock Krux. I'm still kinda interested in trying the 78a someday, not sure why because the new Ace bushings are the greatest bushings ever made, if you haven't tried them you are doing yourself a dis-service.

Dima

• Rep: -6
« Reply #4704 on: February 17, 2019, 12:20:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Indy 78A Super Softs work nicely on Ventures. Same exact shape and size as Venture bushings. Getting rid of the top washer gives you a bit more extra turn. It's quite a fun ride. Loose as fuck in the middle but still rather stable as they're Ventures.

Roisto, where ya got those bushings?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4705 on: February 17, 2019, 01:26:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Roisto, where ya got those bushings?

Lamina

Seduction

• Rep: 5
« Reply #4706 on: February 17, 2019, 11:23:52 PM »
I tried the red (88a?) Indy's in my Krux and thought they were garbage, hard and plasticky just like stock Krux. I'm still kinda interested in trying the 78a someday, not sure why because the new Ace bushings are the greatest bushings ever made, if you haven't tried them you are doing yourself a dis-service.
Do the new Ace bushings come stock or are the ones you’re referring to the aftermarket “performance” bushings?

Larry Dallas

« Reply #4707 on: February 17, 2019, 11:30:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Do the new Ace bushings come stock or are the ones you’re referring to the aftermarket “performance” bushings?
Fun fact: those aftermarket ace performance bushings are exactly the same as the stocks.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #4708 on: February 18, 2019, 07:45:13 AM »
what ever happened to those circular thunder baseplates we saw a few years back?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4709 on: February 18, 2019, 08:24:03 AM »
what ever happened to those circular thunder baseplates we saw a few years back?

Pic? Thunders are sick. I’m terrible and did have a harder time with the baseplates and the ledges and the wheels and the falling down