Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 1231112 times)

timv

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 17
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #5400 on: June 05, 2019, 11:56:30 AM »
Tf is wrong with these companies?  Wheres the 9.5 truck?  Why dont venture and thunder have a 9 wide?  Theres tons of 9.75 decks being ridden by people.

Just looking through the Venture page I found they will be offering a 6.1 size soon also.
http://venturetrucks.net/sizes/

BMCsteve

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 54
« Reply #5401 on: June 05, 2019, 02:17:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Tf is wrong with these companies?  Wheres the 9.5 truck?  Why dont venture and thunder have a 9 wide?  Theres tons of 9.75 decks being ridden by people.
[close]

Just looking through the Venture page I found they will be offering a 6.1 size soon also.

This is the best fucking news I've ever seen in my entire life

Serious Tea Drinker

« Reply #5402 on: June 05, 2019, 02:58:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This is the best fucking news I've ever seen in my entire life

OK that's peaked my interest. I'm presuming an 8.75" axle? I rotate between Ace and Thunder. Tell me why these Ventures will be better than a Thunder 151? And I might just give them a go...

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1113
« Reply #5403 on: June 05, 2019, 03:31:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone know where I can get the 5.6 ventures online?
[close]

Unless you are spending $75 prepare for $14 shipping

http://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Trucks/Venture/p/Venture-All-Polished-56-hi-set-of-2-825-x39535319.htm

Best shop tho. I always call them and ask product questions and when they have time they give super thoughtful answers. People really really skate that work there. In rambling conclusion: I can always order enough for the shipping. I also try and order from them cuz I use their website to find dimensions

Serious Tea Drinker

« Reply #5404 on: June 05, 2019, 03:43:02 PM »

6.1s

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
« Reply #5405 on: June 05, 2019, 04:19:14 PM »
https://destructotrucks.com/products/d1-squadron-raw-mid

Destructo got the 6.0 truck with the magnesium baseplate. Probably lighter than those other wide ones

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1582
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5406 on: June 05, 2019, 05:46:01 PM »
First it was the theeve tih, then the new tensor mags...could these be next?  How about a magnesium mini logo.....

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1189
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5407 on: June 05, 2019, 06:21:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

http://www.35thave.com/shop/Skate/Trucks/Venture/p/Venture-All-Polished-56-hi-set-of-2-825-x39535319.htm
[close]

Best shop tho. I always call them and ask product questions and when they have time they give super thoughtful answers. People really really skate that work there. In rambling conclusion: I can always order enough for the shipping. I also try and order from them cuz I use their website to find dimensions

Thanks for the recommendation, I’ll probably go through them.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

ballintoohard

« Reply #5408 on: June 05, 2019, 07:01:39 PM »
Are there lighter versions out yet (ti, v-lights, etc) and are they for sale anywhere online?

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #5409 on: June 06, 2019, 04:06:14 AM »
https://destructotrucks.com/products/d1-squadron-raw-mid

Destructo got the 6.0 truck with the magnesium baseplate. Probably lighter than those other wide ones
-New Larger 6.00 Trucks (Fits 8.625-8.875 Decks)

-Hollowpoint King Pins
-Standard Ride Height
-Smooth, Responsive Turns
-Weapons Grade Aluminum Base Plates
-Guaranteed For Life
-100% Virgin USA aluminum

These ain't mag

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1074
« Reply #5410 on: June 06, 2019, 05:23:13 AM »
^my bad

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #5411 on: June 06, 2019, 09:05:39 AM »
I found out running no top bushing and just washers is cheating. No wheel bite if set up right.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5412 on: June 06, 2019, 10:30:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Thanks for the recommendation, I’ll probably go through them.

I think 144p works there...they seem to be super on point ie. if you ask them a wheelbase, they'll tell ya. 

My expectations of venture are low, I want an 8.25 low titanium axel w. cast baseplates ..ill keep skating thunders....

Powerlesspillars

« Reply #5413 on: June 06, 2019, 02:28:35 PM »
I found out running no top bushing and just washers is cheating. No wheel bite if set up right.

Truth, same with cut top bushing and 1 washer.. Only for those that can really handle the board, or those that enjoy looking stupid attempting to control it

ballintoohard

« Reply #5414 on: June 06, 2019, 08:06:41 PM »
So everyone is switching from Indy because they're made in China, but has the quality actually gone down? Why do skaters that wear so many Asian made shoes give a fuck enough to change their setup?

Diocletian

« Reply #5415 on: June 06, 2019, 08:39:00 PM »

Two top washers flipped upside down and the kingpin nut tightened down to a certain point, not too low or high, allows for perfect maximum wobble. Washers catch it right before the bite happens. I skated this way for about a year. I only stopped because I lost some tricks I loved, especially slappies. Just didn’t work and I’d fly off my board straight to the ground.

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #5416 on: June 06, 2019, 08:44:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Two top washers flipped upside down and the kingpin nut tightened down to a certain point, not too low or high, allows for perfect maximum wobble. Washers catch it right before the bite happens. I skated this way for about a year. I only stopped because I lost some tricks I loved, especially slappies. Just didn’t work and I’d fly off my board straight to the ground.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #5417 on: June 06, 2019, 09:12:15 PM »
After finally getting a pair of Ace's (the classics aka V3s) Ive found that 100% stock is probably the perfect truck for someone like me who likes really lose but not wobbly.

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #5418 on: June 06, 2019, 09:20:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

😂😂☠️☠️😂😂
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #5419 on: June 07, 2019, 07:39:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I just did it messing around. I've always ran very loose trucks. I could not do both trucks though and skate close to the same since I'm old and not as good as it is. Anything Fakie felt like suicide both trucks 😂

slutbang666

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5420 on: June 07, 2019, 11:45:27 AM »

Thunder 148’s had loose kingpins so I knocked them out and put a krux downlow. Bushings are bones hard on bottom and bones soft on top.

image upload site

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #5421 on: June 07, 2019, 12:13:06 PM »

Thunder 148’s had loose kingpins so I knocked them out and put a krux downlow. Bushings are bones hard on bottom and bones soft on top.

image upload site

Do you have to glue the bolt in the baseplate like you do with Indy’s?

slutbang666

« Reply #5422 on: June 07, 2019, 12:19:47 PM »
Expand Quote

image upload site
[close]

Do you have to glue the bolt in the baseplate like you do with Indy’s?

No the nut fit fine, but I used the old grinder down nut instead of krux nut because it fit better. I can tighten and loosen the trucks without taking the board off.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #5423 on: June 07, 2019, 12:20:59 PM »
So everyone is switching from Indy because they're made in China, but has the quality actually gone down? Why do skaters that wear so many Asian made shoes give a fuck enough to change their setup?

I got a brand new set of stage XI from NHS yesterday that have "Mfg in USA of foreign and domestic components" on the axle hangtag

Diocletian

« Reply #5424 on: June 07, 2019, 01:40:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I just did it messing around. I've always ran very loose trucks. I could not do both trucks though and skate close to the same since I'm old and not as good as it is. Anything Fakie felt like suicide both trucks 😂

You’d be surprised how well you get used to it after just a couple days. But yeah, it certainly makes all tricks a lot more challenging. Took my Ace’s turning to an insane level though, which I miss. The slightest movement was the most hair trigger turning, way more than with a normal bushing set-up.

Expand Quote
[close]

I got a brand new set of stage XI from NHS yesterday that have "Mfg in USA of foreign and domestic components" on the axle hangtag

Older stock. My local got in a box of all sizes about a month ago and every truck was made in China on the axle hangtag. Baseplate barcode has changed twice since they’ve been fully made there. I speculate they may have possibly been bought out twice based on that.

Also, Independent being overly hyped inferior geometry trucks had the made in USA appeal as their saving grace. Now they’re dead.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 01:44:32 PM by Diocletian »

ballintoohard

« Reply #5425 on: June 07, 2019, 02:35:10 PM »
That's what I don't get- they weren't inferior before. Everyone skated them fine and had no issues. There were other USA made trucks as alternatives.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5426 on: June 07, 2019, 03:21:56 PM »
Pretty sure all trucks are made in China so it's not that.  I don't think they are bad trucks at all just not what I'm interested in. 

palelight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #5427 on: June 07, 2019, 04:49:21 PM »
Pretty sure all trucks are made in China so it's not that.  I don't think they are bad trucks at all just not what I'm interested in.

Thunder's and Venture's with standard cast plates and solid axles are still made in SF, but I believe on account of using washers and nuts from overseas (and I think they have their bushings poured in Mexico) they have to go the "Made in USA of foreign and domestic parts" route.

But yeah, I've had two sets of Indy's come through in the last year (one standard, one forged hollow), both had simply "Made in China" on the hang tag. Never noticed a dip in quality, no issues. Especially considering 100% USA made Stage IX's had baseplates that crumbled, and Stage VIII's axle slip from a slight breeze.   

Dustwardprez

« Reply #5428 on: June 07, 2019, 06:27:00 PM »
One of my Indy 139s is impossible to tighten. I get like 2 cranks from flush.

The other truck I can likely tighten till the bushings explode if I wanted.

I took the fucker apart pit it back together still problematic.

This ever happen to someone else?

sneakpeekmeek

« Reply #5429 on: June 07, 2019, 06:30:00 PM »
Expand Quote
i'd like to see a study on correlation of skateboarding's switch to HD videos and the increase in truck madness.  you never used to be able to really tell what trucks someone was skating, and you could only rely on print ads (which often times featured the skater skating another brand's trucks)
[close]

I've been watching folks who skates thunders to see how well they tail/nose slide. Truck madness is real.

UPDATE: My Thunder 147 Hi's slide just fine.