Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 1232304 times)

authentic_creed_bratton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #6600 on: October 27, 2019, 07:24:22 PM »
Does anyone have the krux 9.0? I'm eyeballing them for a cruiser setup. Am I making a mistake?

I have a set and i use them on wedged longboard risers. Yes i know this is kooky as hell but they feel good that way and the wheelbite clearance is fuckin nuts
🤙

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6601 on: October 27, 2019, 10:12:43 PM »
I never really cared about Krux other than the kingpins and no one has ever said much other than some varying opinions about turning but that statement about the clearance makes sense and a good reason to buy them.

slappy50

• Rep: 17
  • gear madness abounds
« Reply #6602 on: October 27, 2019, 10:30:44 PM »
Are indy 159 or any kind of 8.75 trucks alright for a 9.56 board? I've only got enough for one pair, and have a 9.1 and 9.56 anti-hero eagle ready to go just need to figure out the trucks, wanted to do 9.56 first, and size down to 9.1 after, without switching trucks. I also heard ace 55. I've seen 155mm trucks on a 9.75 board still being somewhat reasonably sized, so I reckon it would be ok. Opinions? The pic of the trucks should be somewhere in this post, but ill link em if it doesn't work out. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
niggling

[/quote]

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #6603 on: October 28, 2019, 03:01:03 AM »
Are indy 159 or any kind of 8.75 trucks alright for a 9.56 board? I've only got enough for one pair, and have a 9.1 and 9.56 anti-hero eagle ready to go just need to figure out the trucks, wanted to do 9.56 first, and size down to 9.1 after, without switching trucks. I also heard ace 55. I've seen 155mm trucks on a 9.75 board still being somewhat reasonably sized, so I reckon it would be ok. Opinions? The pic of the trucks should be somewhere in this post, but ill link em if it doesn't work out. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Measure the width of the boards at the inserts and figure it out from there. If they taper a lot 159s might be alright. Otherwise I’d go with 169s. Ace 55s are great too at exactly 9.0”.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #6604 on: October 28, 2019, 11:06:31 AM »
Broke the hanger dick on my thunder Ti’s yesterday. Skated those trucks on and off for about 3 years til now

Now do I go back to my trusty Theeve TiKings or my like-new Venture Ti’s?

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #6605 on: October 28, 2019, 12:59:22 PM »
Broke the hanger dick on my thunder Ti’s yesterday. Skated those trucks on and off for about 3 years til now

Ventures

Theeves the kingpin get loose on me every time
yes

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #6606 on: October 28, 2019, 09:50:19 PM »

Did the same shit, it sucks. My votes theeve but just cause last time I skated ventures I thought the turn was really lame.

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #6607 on: October 28, 2019, 09:51:36 PM »
Ventures

Huh weird, never had the issue. I had the bushing problem on the V1s but that was years ago now

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1004
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #6608 on: October 29, 2019, 11:15:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Ventures

[close]

Huh weird, never had the issue. I had the bushing problem on the V1s but that was years ago now

Never had issues with the pins on any theeves I've owned (didn't have bones bushing blowing out back on V1s either)...

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #6609 on: October 29, 2019, 11:34:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Ventures

[close]

[close]

Never had issues with the pins on any theeves I've owned (didn't have bones bushing blowing out back on V1s either)...

To be fair I've blown bones bushings on indys as well, however the issue arose a lot quicker with theeves. I'd be down to try out the V3s at some point but I really don't need more trucks atm lol

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6610 on: October 29, 2019, 01:08:15 PM »
More OCD....8.25 on 144/148 use washer, 8.125 on 144/148 do not use washer....

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6611 on: October 29, 2019, 02:36:57 PM »
More OCD....8.25 on 144/148 use washer, 8.125 on 144/148 do not use washer....

Speedrings or bushing washers?

Speedrings? I use them no matter what.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 10:12:09 AM by Xen »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6612 on: October 30, 2019, 08:00:04 AM »
I skate race reds so I don't use them at all but I just started staring at the axel and nut...and.... Koo...koo......

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6613 on: October 30, 2019, 10:12:51 AM »
I skate race reds so I don't use them at all but I just started staring at the axel and nut...and.... Koo...koo......

Hahah damn dude, don't OCD about that...it has washers built in, you don't need them. lol

rob

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • Lance Mountain
« Reply #6614 on: October 30, 2019, 10:29:03 AM »

yes

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6615 on: October 30, 2019, 02:25:42 PM »

Succinctly sums up the entire thread =D

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6616 on: October 30, 2019, 03:35:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hahah damn dude, don't OCD about that...it has washers built in, you don't need them. lol

8.25/8.25 I put washers on truck side to widen truck contact 1 mm there's still a lot of overhang so it's fine....8125/8.25 no washer...you're just trying to cram as much truck as you can into the board. 

I used to skate washers so the axel wouldn't stick out at all....but it looks a bit fucked.... Stumpy...

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #6617 on: October 30, 2019, 03:36:00 PM »
got my indy 149s worn down enough to toss on a cruiser board where they'll die an honorable death by slappy.

settling in on stock ace 44s on a wknd 8.25 with some worn down 56mm spitfire conical fulls. pretty happy with everything. really liking the turn and the way they look.

cunt sucker

• Rep: -17
« Reply #6618 on: November 01, 2019, 02:12:24 AM »
what should i expect from warranties? i just e mailed both  indy and ace, and the way they responded it seemed like they were only gonna send the one part of the truck that fucked up, not a full set, and that got me kind of pissed off. i fucking payed for these fucking things, they failed me, now i cant skate because of that, and these companies are such cheap asses that they cant even send me a set of trucks? fuck that. am i wrong in assuming this? should i lie so i can get a full set?

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #6619 on: November 01, 2019, 02:36:11 AM »
what should i expect from warranties? i just e mailed both  indy and ace, and the way they responded it seemed like they were only gonna send the one part of the truck that fucked up, not a full set, and that got me kind of pissed off. i fucking payed for these fucking things, they failed me, now i cant skate because of that, and these companies are such cheap asses that they cant even send me a set of trucks? fuck that. am i wrong in assuming this? should i lie so i can get a full set?

Dude. Fuck off with that shit. Yes it’s annoying that your shit broke but let’s be real here. Fix what’s broken and be done with it. If they want to throw in some extra for good measure, good on them but expecting that and considering lying to them is fucking low! 👎

Shuh

• Rep: 4
« Reply #6620 on: November 01, 2019, 03:47:24 AM »
I'm considering new wheels for my thunder teams, I'm wondering is 55mm too big for it or can I even go 56mm without crazy wheelbite?

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #6621 on: November 01, 2019, 03:58:30 AM »
I'm considering new wheels for my thunder teams, I'm wondering is 55mm too big for it or can I even go 56mm without crazy wheelbite?

I don't go bigger than 54 on mine. I'm a big boy and ride thunders nut flush and F4 conical, get bite but not enough to be pitched regularly.
Had 56 classics on it for a minute but felt like I was under psychic attack. Would recommend 1/8th risers if your going there.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

cunt sucker

« Reply #6622 on: November 01, 2019, 05:08:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dude. Fuck off with that shit. Yes it’s annoying that your shit broke but let’s be real here. Fix what’s broken and be done with it. If they want to throw in some extra for good measure, good on them but expecting that and considering lying to them is fucking low! 👎
yeah, im the one being low for wanting a full replacement, definitely not these companies that guarantee you theyre the best on the market and even have warranties to back that up, yet they're still shoddily made shit and they sell 1000s of trucks monthly but i cant even ask for a new set of trucks when id been ripped off with a shitty pair because thats just too “low”. i don't ever lie to individuals for my personal gain, but i have no problem lying to shitty companies to get my moneys worth.

https://youtu.be/rshrAhP5dFM?t=625

stop being such gotdang minions to these companies, THESE COMPANIES DO NOT CARE FOR THE INDIVIDUAL SKATER. talkng about brand loyalty and shiet....yall niggas got me fucked up. WE THE SKATEBOARDERS MUST TAKE SKATEBOARDING BACK. WE DECIDE WHAT THESE COMPANIES DO AND DONT DO, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 05:13:23 AM by cunt sucker »

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #6623 on: November 01, 2019, 05:16:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
yeah, im the one being low for wanting a full replacement, definitely not these companies that guarantee you theyre the best on the market and even have warranties to back that up, yet they're still shoddily made shit and they sell 1000s of trucks monthly but i cant even ask for a new set of trucks when id been ripped off with a shitty pair because thats just too “low”. i don't ever lie to individuals for my personal gain, but i have no problem lying to shitty companies to get my moneys worth.
stop being such gotdang minions to these companies, THESE COMPANIES DO NOT CARE FOR THE INDIVIDUAL SKATER. talkng about brand loyalty and shiet....yall niggas got me fucked up. WE THE SKATEBOARDERS MUST TAKE SKATEBOARDING BACK. WE DECIDE WHAT THESE COMPANIES DO AND DONT DO, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

Ok, but Indy and Ace are not the companies to swindle, Cunt Sucker.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

cunt sucker

« Reply #6624 on: November 01, 2019, 05:27:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Ok, but Indy and Ace are not the companies to swindle, Cunt Sucker.
but they are though. what companies do you have in mind and why not indy and ace? and im not swindling anybody, they are swindling me. im only getting my moneys worth.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 05:44:27 AM by cunt sucker »

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #6625 on: November 01, 2019, 06:03:18 AM »

I'm gonna hate myself for engaging with this later but what the hell. You mentioned they might offer to replace the broken part(s) of the truck(s) that failed. What broke?

cunt sucker

« Reply #6626 on: November 01, 2019, 06:18:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm gonna hate myself for engaging with this later but what the hell. You mentioned they might offer to replace the broken part(s) of the truck(s) that failed. What broke?
baseplates, but thats not the point and you know that. you hate yourself for talking to people you dissagree with? thats not good...

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #6627 on: November 01, 2019, 06:39:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
baseplates, but thats not the point and you know that. you hate yourself for talking to people you dissagree with? thats not good...

I know that eh? Alright, gaslight achieved.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #6628 on: November 01, 2019, 06:41:36 AM »
so just to recap

>break a baseplate
>company offers to replace baseplate
>THEYRE SWINDLING ME I WANT FULL NEW TRUCKS SHOULD I LIE?

whos really doing the swindling here

cunt sucker

« Reply #6629 on: November 01, 2019, 07:01:33 AM »
so just to recap

>break a baseplate
>company offers to replace baseplate
>THEYRE SWINDLING ME I WANT FULL NEW TRUCKS SHOULD I LIE?

whos really doing the swindling here
the company. i payed for a set of trucks, they are now unusable due to shoddy craftsmanship, therefore i want a new set of trucks. i don't remember ever paying just for baseplates...why are you people defending the big company? do you not want them to supply you with a new set of trucks? its not like im asking for a full refund and 10 sets just because the pivot cup was creaky or some shit...and its not like independent is some small skater owned business that can't afford to do this...obviously thats not the reason i think this should be done, but still.