Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 1231999 times)

Jollyoli

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 91
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #6630 on: November 01, 2019, 07:04:22 AM »
I'm with aunt sacker, I ripped a lace on my SB's and they offered me a replacement lace, forget those clowns I want a new pair of ….

oh, I can't even be bothered pretending any more.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #6631 on: November 01, 2019, 07:12:08 AM »
the company. i payed for a set of trucks, they are now unusable due to shoddy craftsmanship, therefore i want a new set of trucks. i don't remember ever paying just for baseplates...why are you people defending the big company? do you not want them to supply you with a new set of trucks? its not like im asking for a full refund and 10 sets just because the pivot cup was creaky or some shit...and its not like independent is some small skater owned business that can't afford to do this...obviously thats not the reason i think this should be done, but still.

Just popping in to say fuck off.  You broke a baseplate.  They offered a replacement baseplate. That's how this works. And by "this" I mean life.  You seem super immature and appear to have very little real world experience.  Welcome to the real world.  Get used to it.

cunt sucker

• Rep: -17
« Reply #6632 on: November 01, 2019, 07:14:03 AM »
I'm with aunt sacker, I ripped a lace on my SB's and they offered me a replacement lace, forget those clowns I want a new pair of ….

oh, I can't even be bothered pretending any more.
the correct analogy for that would be :

ripping a lace on shoes = losing a nut on trucks
ripping a hole through the sole/upper = grinding down to shaft and hanger breaking
sole peeling off = hanger bending, axle slip, loose kingpin, pivot blowout, etc

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #6633 on: November 01, 2019, 07:16:37 AM »
Check engine light is on for my car, it's under warranty, Toyota should send me a whole new one. They aren't some mom and pop operation
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 07:18:08 AM by arrbee »
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

cunt sucker

« Reply #6634 on: November 01, 2019, 07:24:34 AM »
Expand Quote
the company. i payed for a set of trucks, they are now unusable due to shoddy craftsmanship, therefore i want a new set of trucks. i don't remember ever paying just for baseplates...why are you people defending the big company? do you not want them to supply you with a new set of trucks? its not like im asking for a full refund and 10 sets just because the pivot cup was creaky or some shit...and its not like independent is some small skater owned business that can't afford to do this...obviously thats not the reason i think this should be done, but still.
[close]

Just popping in to say fuck off.  You broke a baseplate.  They offered a replacement baseplate. That's how this works. And by "this" I mean life.  You seem super immature and appear to have very little real world experience.  Welcome to the real world.  Get used to it.
yes, because the real world can never ever be changed in any way by our persistent and unified demands...lol. you seem to have been ass raped by life and you also want other people to be raped by your psuedo enlightened, pop - nihilistic, neutered way of thinking...it doesn't have to be this way, man....QUIT YOUR JOB NOW AND GO SKATE.

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #6635 on: November 01, 2019, 07:25:16 AM »
i think it really depends on the circumstances of the breakage.

if you rode the trucks an they snap, that seems like a mistake on the manufacture's side.

breakage after grind damage will (understandably) not be covered by warranty because (even though we all do it) it is not the intended use.

do you have pictures of the trucks and their condition before breaking?
it could be either way, a case of warranty or rediculous customer expectations. both need to be handled well by any company and offering to replace the broken part (fix the issue for free) seems like a very good solution, especially for a product like trucks

PMA

cunt sucker

« Reply #6636 on: November 01, 2019, 07:35:48 AM »
Check engine light is on for my car, it's under warranty, Toyota should send me a whole new one. They aren't some mom and pop operation
the correct analogy would be :

check engine light = broken bearings
flat tires = flat spot
dent/blemish = chip
car crash = broken board
steering malfunction = broken trucks

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6637 on: November 01, 2019, 07:38:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

flat tires = flat spot
dent/blemish = chip
car crash = broken board

I'll play along, if my steering is fucked up I should demand a brand new car?

what should i expect from warranties? i just e mailed both  indy and ace, and the way they responded it seemed like they were only gonna send the one part of the truck that fucked up, not a full set, and that got me kind of pissed off. i fucking payed for these fucking things, they failed me, now i cant skate because of that, and these companies are such cheap asses that they cant even send me a set of trucks? fuck that. am i wrong in assuming this? should i lie so i can get a full set?

A few question, which trucks broke Indy or ACE? If both, what the fuck are YOU doing wrong to break two sets of trucks? Why are you demanding a full new set of trucks if only the baseplate broke? In what other setting, outside of skating, would something break and you demand a replacement of the entire unit?
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

thebacker

« Reply #6638 on: November 01, 2019, 07:51:36 AM »
cunt sucker is absolutely a "can i speak to your manager" type

cunt sucker

« Reply #6639 on: November 01, 2019, 08:05:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

flat tires = flat spot
dent/blemish = chip
car crash = broken board

[close]

brand new car = complete skateboard
fucked up steering = fucked up trucks

Expand Quote
what should i expect from warranties? i just e mailed both  indy and ace, and the way they responded it seemed like they were only gonna send the one part of the truck that fucked up, not a full set, and that got me kind of pissed off. i fucking payed for these fucking things, they failed me, now i cant skate because of that, and these companies are such cheap asses that they cant even send me a set of trucks? fuck that. am i wrong in assuming this? should i lie so i can get a full set?
[close]

A few question, which trucks broke Indy or ACE?

both

what the fuck are YOU doing wrong to break two sets of trucks?

skating hard is wrong, i guess. lol.

Why are you demanding a full new set of trucks if only the baseplate broke?

the trucks are broken and i want new trucks...what more is there to say? it would be a good look on the companies part and it would definitely make me regain trust in their product also...

In what other setting, outside of skating, would something break and you demand a replacement of the entire unit?

i don't do much outside of skating...lol. and again, a truck is not the entire unit, it is part of a setup.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 08:07:11 AM by cunt sucker »

Mesteezo

• Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #6640 on: November 01, 2019, 08:06:43 AM »
cunt sucker is absolutely a "can i speak to your manager" type

He's also the person that eats half of their food and demands a different plate because it didnt taste good.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #6641 on: November 01, 2019, 08:10:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
yes, because the real world can never ever be changed in any way by our persistent and unified demands...lol. you seem to have been ass raped by life and you also want other people to be raped by your psuedo enlightened, pop - nihilistic, neutered way of thinking...it doesn't have to be this way, man....QUIT YOUR JOB NOW AND GO SKATE.

QUIT YOUR JOB AND GO SKATE

then be upset when companies wont give you free things because you're too cheap to buy new ones

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6642 on: November 01, 2019, 08:20:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

flat tires = flat spot
dent/blemish = chip
car crash = broken board

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

both

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

the trucks are broken and i want new trucks...what more is there to say? it would be a good look on the companies part and it would definitely make me regain trust in their product also...

Expand Quote
In what other setting, outside of skating, would something break and you demand a replacement of the entire unit?
[close]

i don't do much outside of skating...lol. and again, a truck is not the entire unit, it is part of a setup.

Focus your whole shit already. I've been skating for 20 years. In that time I have maybe broken 3 sets of trucks, 2 of which were ACE with bent axles. I did and still skate hard, I'm in my 30's still jumping down shit. Go buy new fucking trucks. Depending on how your shit broke, breaking 2 sets of baseplates from 2 different companies, sounds like you're fucking up. They probably don't owe you shit, they're willing to send you the necessary parts to get you rolling again and they don't even owe you that. Now kindly focus your account Karen, so the rest of us can get back to nerding out about durometer of bushings and shit.

cunt sucker

« Reply #6643 on: November 01, 2019, 08:23:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

QUIT YOUR JOB AND GO SKATE

then be upset when companies wont give you free things because you're too cheap to buy new ones
huh? i bought the broken trucks when they were new, did i not? if your scenario was true, you'd essentially be making fun of a poor guy who just wants to skate for not having enough money to buy new trucks...pretty weird since you're supposedly a skater, lol.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #6644 on: November 01, 2019, 08:38:52 AM »
they weren't broken until you broke them (which given you seem to have a penchant for snapping baseplates would probably lean towards you being in error than the manufacturers)..take the replacement baseplates and stop crying

i ride mtb pretty frequently, if my rear shock broke would i expect the whole bike to be replaced? no they'd replace the shock.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6645 on: November 01, 2019, 08:40:16 AM »
they weren't broken until you broke them (which given you seem to have a penchant for snapping baseplates would probably lean towards you being in error than the manufacturers)..take the replacement baseplates and stop crying

i ride mtb pretty frequently, if my rear shock broke would i expect the whole bike to be replaced? no they'd replace the shock.

Brace yourself for another shitty analogy

cunt sucker

« Reply #6646 on: November 01, 2019, 08:42:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

flat tires = flat spot
dent/blemish = chip
car crash = broken board

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

both

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Focus your whole shit already. I've been skating for 20 years. In that time I have maybe broken 3 sets of trucks, 2 of which were ACE with bent axles. I did and still skate hard, I'm in my 30's still jumping down shit.

uh huh. sounds like i skate harder than u. lol.

Go buy new fucking trucks. Depending on how your shit broke, breaking 2 sets of baseplates from 2 different companies, sounds like you're fucking up.

whoa hol up...u mad bro?  i mean...what can i say cuh...shit break homie, iss whateva mayn 

They probably don't owe you shit, they're willing to send you the necessary parts to get you rolling again and they don't even owe you that.

feel like steve olson rn cuz they owe.

Now kindly focus your account Karen, so the rest of us can get back to nerding out about durometer of bushings and shit.

who is karen? can someone fill me in on this lore?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #6647 on: November 01, 2019, 08:49:30 AM »
It pains me to do this in this thread but:

Anyone want to talk about chicken wings?

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6648 on: November 01, 2019, 08:52:00 AM »
i mean...what can i say cuh...shit break homie, iss whateva mayn

You said it best.

Your options, the way I see them:

1)Take the replacement baseplates and shut the fuck up

2)Buy new shit and shut the fuck up

3)Do neither of the first two options, not skate, and complain about it on the internet.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6649 on: November 01, 2019, 08:55:29 AM »

I just moved and my last wing spot doesn't deliver to my new house. This bums me out. Although I am leaving work early for the dentist so maybe I can pop over there and pick up while I'm out.

Let's talk though, bone-in? Other wise that shit is just a chicken nugget. What's the go to sauce, a lot of places fuck up anything over the standard "HOT", they try to do too much and ruin it.

Ranch? Bleu Cheese? Niether, like a fucking boss?

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #6650 on: November 01, 2019, 09:01:00 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I just moved and my last wing spot doesn't deliver to my new house. This bums me out. Although I am leaving work early for the dentist so maybe I can pop over there and pick up while I'm out.

Let's talk though, bone-in? Other wise that shit is just a chicken nugget. What's the go to sauce, a lot of places fuck up anything over the standard "HOT", they try to do too much and ruin it.

First off, where do you order from? I grew up in Delaware but when I go back I never have any idea where to get wings and it is such a bummer.

For me, yeah, only bone-in is real. There is this sick spot in south Jersey call the Jughandle Inn that I am going to this weekend and they're probably my all time favorite (they do the full wing). There is also this bar by me that does a sauce that is a mix of buffalo, BBQ, and coffee grounds. It sounds weird but it crisps up on the outside and is so good.

cunt sucker

« Reply #6651 on: November 01, 2019, 09:09:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Brace yourself for another shitty analogy

shitty

great criticism

they weren't broken until you broke them (which given you seem to have a penchant for snapping baseplates would probably lean towards you being in error than the manufacturers)

yeah, its not like skateboarding requires you to damage your board in one way or another and it's not like consistently breaking one thing unrelated to long term use signifies a design flaw or anything. it's always your own fault and you should never question the company.

cunt sucker

« Reply #6652 on: November 01, 2019, 09:13:21 AM »
Expand Quote
i mean...what can i say cuh...shit break homie, iss whateva mayn
[close]

You said it best.

Your options, the way I see them:

1)Take the replacement baseplates and shut the fuck up

2)Buy new shit and shut the fuck up

3)Do neither of the first two options, not skate, and complain about it on the internet.

4)unite and demand that companies be less stingy with their warranties/ get “free” trucks for your truck troubles.

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6653 on: November 01, 2019, 09:56:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

First off, where do you order from? I grew up in Delaware but when I go back I never have any idea where to get wings and it is such a bummer.

For me, yeah, only bone-in is real. There is this sick spot in south Jersey call the Jughandle Inn that I am going to this weekend and they're probably my all time favorite (they do the full wing). There is also this bar by me that does a sauce that is a mix of buffalo, BBQ, and coffee grounds. It sounds weird but it crisps up on the outside and is so good.

Jug handle fucking goes. I used to work in Pennsauken and would hit them almost weekly. A bit further south in Jersey is a great spot called Village Pub in Swedesboro. They have great wings also. I was living in southeast PA before we had a pizza shop around the corner that had great wings. I think it was called Linwood Pizza. Now I’m in North Wilmington, I haven’t made it to many bars for wings yet. I’ve mainly been getting seasons and cuzninos to my disappointment.

The sauce you referenced sounds amazing.

thebacker

« Reply #6654 on: November 01, 2019, 10:00:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Jug handle fucking goes. I used to work in Pennsauken and would hit them almost weekly. A bit further south in Jersey is a great spot called Village Pub in Swedesboro. They have great wings also. I was living in southeast PA before we had a pizza shop around the corner that had great wings. I think it was called Linwood Pizza. Now I’m in North Wilmington, I haven’t made it to many bars for wings yet. I’ve mainly been getting seasons and cuzninos to my disappointment.

shoutout doms tavern and the fat daddys!

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #6655 on: November 01, 2019, 10:10:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I've been wanting to try Doms forever but every time I go it is popping off and I'm fully too hangry to wait.

Arrbee, pumped you know Jughandle. The spot in wilmo I've been to must recently that had good wings was Two Stones Pub on Naaman's. Good beer too (affiliated with 2SP Brewing in Aston, PA). I remember Stanley's at Faulk and Silverside being good but I haven't been there in like 10 years.

As far as the sauce I mentioned, if you're even in south Philly go to the Pope and get the Pete's Wings. Thats my usual local wing spot.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #6656 on: November 01, 2019, 11:10:38 AM »

20 years ago there was a pub I frequented about 5 nights a week - Bear Brew pub in Orono, ME - and we ordered wings most nights.  One night the cook came out with a special hot recipe he was working on, put them on the table and said "If you can eat them, they are free."   They were a lot hotter than the normal ones, but still manageable - so we finished them and let him know they were really good.  This set up a challenge where for the next few weeks he doctored the recipe and offered the challenge a few times.    Towards the end, we would be sweating on the top of our head on the first bite - but we couldn't show it.  They also had good flavor - it wasn't just an inferno.

It became an off-menu standard.  You had to be in the know and ask for "Nate's Wings"

His recipe started with boiling down 50 habenaros. He put molasses in there so the heat would stick in your mouth. He put some alcohol in it with the idea that it would open the pores in your mouth (but it probably all evaporated in cooking).   Shit was hot.  Newbies usually couldn't eat one.

Spoiled me for wings elsewhere.  So hot and delicious.

Diocletian

« Reply #6657 on: November 01, 2019, 11:13:05 AM »
What in tarnation happened here?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1004
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #6658 on: November 01, 2019, 11:18:16 AM »
so just to recap

>break a baseplate
>company offers to replace baseplate
>THEYRE SWINDLING ME I WANT FULL NEW TRUCKS SHOULD I LIE?

whos really doing the swindling here

Seriously, FFS. How can he not see that?

arrbee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6659 on: November 01, 2019, 11:22:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I've been wanting to try Doms forever but every time I go it is popping off and I'm fully too hangry to wait.

Arrbee, pumped you know Jughandle. The spot in wilmo I've been to must recently that had good wings was Two Stones Pub on Naaman's. Good beer too (affiliated with 2SP Brewing in Aston, PA). I remember Stanley's at Faulk and Silverside being good but I haven't been there in like 10 years.

As far as the sauce I mentioned, if you're even in south Philly go to the Pope and get the Pete's Wings. Thats my usual local wing spot.

I’m familiar with 2 stones. I usually hit the one in Newark on Thursdays. Before I go to sign language class. Their wings are pretty good for sure. I’m right off silverside near Philly pike. I’ll have to give Stanley’s a go of it still exists. I’m actually hitting kinetic after the dentist so I’ll have to go down silverside to get home. I’ll report back.