Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 1232951 times)

jtrpma

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 45
  • PMA
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #6660 on: November 01, 2019, 11:23:08 AM »
@ thread: anyone got the new 161 thunders?

PMA

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #6661 on: November 01, 2019, 11:34:06 AM »
It pains me to do this in this thread but:

Anyone want to talk about chicken wings?

I’ve actually been grilling wings a ton, and it’s like 12 wings for 5 bucks, which is actually pretty sick.

Currently been using Frank’s, anyone for a favorite wing sauce ?

Yu Dum

« Reply #6662 on: November 01, 2019, 11:50:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the company. i payed for a set of trucks, they are now unusable due to shoddy craftsmanship, therefore i want a new set of trucks. i don't remember ever paying just for baseplates...why are you people defending the big company? do you not want them to supply you with a new set of trucks? its not like im asking for a full refund and 10 sets just because the pivot cup was creaky or some shit...and its not like independent is some small skater owned business that can't afford to do this...obviously thats not the reason i think this should be done, but still.
[close]

Just popping in to say fuck off.  You broke a baseplate.  They offered a replacement baseplate. That's how this works. And by "this" I mean life.  You seem super immature and appear to have very little real world experience.  Welcome to the real world.  Get used to it.
[close]
yes, because the real world can never ever be changed in any way by our persistent and unified demands...lol. you seem to have been ass raped by life and you also want other people to be raped by your psuedo enlightened, pop - nihilistic, neutered way of thinking...it doesn't have to be this way, man....QUIT YOUR JOB NOW AND GO SKATE.
[close]

QUIT YOUR JOB AND GO SKATE

then be upset when companies wont give you free things because you're too cheap to buy new ones
[close]
huh? i bought the broken trucks when they were new, did i not? if your scenario was true, you'd essentially be making fun of a poor guy who just wants to skate for not having enough money to buy new trucks...pretty weird since you're supposedly a skater, lol.
Man, your username sure is appropriate. Shut the fuck up and deal with it. Go make some money to buy new trucks instead of bitching about not getting your way AND attempting to lie to Independent & Ace to get your way. Grow the fuck up, bud.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #6663 on: November 01, 2019, 12:18:23 PM »
First off, cunt sucker:

You don't even fucking skate. Oh you do? You can ollie over one deck? Congrats

You're just some dumb broke ass teenager who doesn't get enough love from locals at the park, who constantly ignore you because you're so god damn dumb and annoying

You feel entitled to "everything" because you paid for a product that you purposely broke (yes, doing tricks is purposely breaking the product)

Oh, you're not any of those? You fucking sound like it you little fuck. Post some clips

You must be on some chris columbus/captain cook shit with that attitude. Focus your face for us please.

she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6664 on: November 01, 2019, 12:35:02 PM »
cunt sucker should return the baseplates and buy the big company another set of baseplates as an apology for wasting their time.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #6665 on: November 01, 2019, 12:40:13 PM »

have not, but curious as sell. Just saw thunder reply on YouTube saying that  theyre 1mm higher than the 151

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #6666 on: November 01, 2019, 12:58:21 PM »
cunt sucker should return the baseplates and buy the big company another set of baseplates as an apology for wasting their time.

+ everyone that read it.

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #6667 on: November 01, 2019, 12:59:01 PM »

waiting on the hollow LT II's.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #6668 on: November 01, 2019, 02:35:10 PM »
So, will Thunder 149's be too wide on a Real Ishod Full shape 8.25?

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
« Reply #6669 on: November 01, 2019, 02:37:09 PM »

No that would be pretty perfect in my opinion. Slightly wider trucks help your wheels line up better with the edge of your board which I think makes more sense than having the tips of your axles line up. Any axle sticking out looks more natural on a full ish board too. I'm going down to 8.25 soon and am still skating 8.5 trucks. I'd probably get 8.25 trucks if I ever downsized to below 8.25 though.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6670 on: November 01, 2019, 02:57:34 PM »

Honestly I only ran 149s on a 8.25.
Currently on a 8 with 8.25 trucks.

Have trucks a quarter inch bigger is perfect for me.

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #6671 on: November 01, 2019, 03:04:10 PM »

I was only on 8.25's for a second but I quite liked 8.5 trucks on them. Especially if you're running classic cut wheels.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 03:16:07 PM by palelight »

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #6672 on: November 01, 2019, 03:15:50 PM »

i ran 149s on 8.25s for years before the 148 came out, no issues

sneakpeekmeek

• Rep: 2
« Reply #6673 on: November 01, 2019, 05:42:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the company. i payed for a set of trucks, they are now unusable due to shoddy craftsmanship, therefore i want a new set of trucks. i don't remember ever paying just for baseplates...why are you people defending the big company? do you not want them to supply you with a new set of trucks? its not like im asking for a full refund and 10 sets just because the pivot cup was creaky or some shit...and its not like independent is some small skater owned business that can't afford to do this...obviously thats not the reason i think this should be done, but still.
[close]

Just popping in to say fuck off.  You broke a baseplate.  They offered a replacement baseplate. That's how this works. And by "this" I mean life.  You seem super immature and appear to have very little real world experience.  Welcome to the real world.  Get used to it.
[close]
yes, because the real world can never ever be changed in any way by our persistent and unified demands...lol. you seem to have been ass raped by life and you also want other people to be raped by your psuedo enlightened, pop - nihilistic, neutered way of thinking...it doesn't have to be this way, man....QUIT YOUR JOB NOW AND GO SKATE.
[close]

then be upset when companies wont give you free things because you're too cheap to buy new ones

A couple of years ago, I broke the pivoting part of one of my ventures and DLX sent me a whole replacement set instead of a single hanger. I don't blame dude for being upset

cunt sucker

• Rep: -17
« Reply #6674 on: November 01, 2019, 07:24:17 PM »
First off, cunt sucker:

You don't even fucking skate. Oh you do? You can ollie over one deck? Congrats

You're just some dumb broke ass teenager who doesn't get enough love from locals at the park, who constantly ignore you because you're so god damn dumb and annoying

You feel entitled to "everything" because you paid for a product that you purposely broke (yes, doing tricks is purposely breaking the product)

Oh, you're not any of those? You fucking sound like it you little fuck. Post some clips

You must be on some chris columbus/captain cook shit with that attitude. Focus your face for us please.

this is such a weird comment...how could being poor and wanting free skate shit correlate to me not being a skateboarder and having no friends? i would think it indicates the opposite...and maybe a bit of animosity towards large companies whos products have let me down...

(yes, doing tricks is purposely breaking the product)
are you serious?

cunt sucker

« Reply #6675 on: November 01, 2019, 07:27:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

A couple of years ago, I broke the pivoting part of one of my ventures and DLX sent me a whole replacement set instead of a single hanger. I don't blame dude for being upset
thank u 4 understanding (:

cunt sucker

« Reply #6676 on: November 01, 2019, 07:31:51 PM »
i don't mean any disrespect to anyone...i love all you skaters and i love everything about skateboarding...except for large companies who have let me down (: 

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6677 on: November 02, 2019, 02:58:24 AM »
i don't mean any disrespect to anyone...i love all you skaters and i love everything about skateboarding...except for large companies who have let me down (:

I would argue that dlx is one of the largest companies in the industry and I have never been let down by their customer service.

timv

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #6678 on: November 02, 2019, 07:06:14 AM »
DLX has amazing customer service.

I’ve had two sets of F4’s lose chunks and they sent me replacements.

I also emailed them to ask about replacement kingpins for the 2 hollow ones I broke on some 3-4 year old ventures
And they sent me a set of 5.8 titanium ventures before they were available in stores!!

Haven’t tried customer service with other brands though....

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #6679 on: November 02, 2019, 09:25:25 AM »
DLX customer service is second to none and a huge part as to why I am a fanboy. I have to say NHS helped me replace a couple of faulty products over the yerts but the process wasn't nearly as smooth, quick or easy.

cunt sucker

« Reply #6680 on: November 02, 2019, 12:55:48 PM »
hmmm...might have to try thunder 161 then. how are they compared to indy 169s?

weedgod94

• Rep: 0
« Reply #6681 on: November 02, 2019, 02:08:37 PM »
Does anyone make a fat cone like the thunder stock but that fits indys?
Edit: I would just deal with the Thunder one but it's too hard
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 02:11:36 PM by weedgod94 »

palelight

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #6682 on: November 02, 2019, 02:30:13 PM »

Do you mean conical bushings? If so, Indy makes their own aftermarket conicals in like 5 or 6 different duro's.

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #6683 on: November 02, 2019, 03:26:27 PM »
I just put on 1/8 risers. I haven't ridden riser on my main ride since like the fat base plate gullwing sidewinders and the world Kline Candy Bar.

Anyway it was good. I'm ultra sick for like the last 2 months so I thought I may  get hurt on the manny pad I been skating. That's where it always happens when I get new wheels or whatever. Also the ground is totally fucking like choral. Its on the ocean.

Hit a pebble and you got no skin. That's who I got new 55mm 101 classic f4.

They're faster than the 99a conical. I'm telling you. The 99 is just smoother.

Hard skinny wheels on salt pitted earth

via Imgflip Meme Generator

$200 for back lip on this
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

weedgod94

• Rep: 0
« Reply #6684 on: November 02, 2019, 04:02:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you mean conical bushings? If so, Indy makes their own aftermarket conicals in like 5 or 6 different duro's.
yeah i ride those rn but i want something with a little more meat that isnt a barrel

Diocletian

« Reply #6685 on: November 02, 2019, 04:39:04 PM »
That is a beautiful pic, AssFlea. Is that where you live and is that recent? I would love to be in that climate right now. Snow is already here and I’m bummed.

I’d also like to add to the DLX customer service rules stories: one time I emailed Reed asking if I could buy a set of forged plates from them and he said he’s send me a set for free. What arrived was the “team lights” which had the cast baseplate but how could I complain...they were a free set of trucks!

I AM

• Rep: -10
« Reply #6686 on: November 02, 2019, 05:04:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
yeah i ride those rn but i want something with a little more meat that isnt a barrel
have you tried riding the 90a thunder bushings? if thats too hard for you and you want the same shape, longboard bushings are your only option but there's almost zero choices when it comes to bushings that will actually fit normal trucks...so i would suggest you start fucking with different durometer bushing setups with the barrel shape. for a conical feel, a softer duro bottom bushing does the trick. the softer the bottom bushing is in comparison to the top bushing, the more conical it will feel.

brace yourself...there is no easy, (or cheap) way out of this hole you've dug yourself into...

AssFlea

• Rep: -31
« Reply #6687 on: November 02, 2019, 05:05:14 PM »
That is a beautiful pic, AssFlea. Is that where you live and is that recent? I would love to be in that climate right now. Snow is already here and I’m bummed.

I’d also like to add to the DLX customer service rules stories: one time I emailed Reed asking if I could buy a set of forged plates from them and he said he’s send me a set for free. What arrived was the “team lights” which had the cast baseplate but how could I complain...they were a free set of trucks!

yes dlx in by far number one.

I took that photo earlier. Very warm today. Went to the dispensary in Lynn got some nug skated the curbs here at fort seawall
_--
xX
^    @
''')'
'''''

hillbilly shifty

• Rep: 46
« Reply #6688 on: November 02, 2019, 07:19:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Honestly I only ran 149s on a 8.25.
Currently on a 8 with 8.25 trucks.

Have trucks a quarter inch bigger is perfect for me.

i do the exact same for my setups.
trucks +.25" over board width
wheels flush, stable, perfect

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6689 on: November 03, 2019, 05:27:48 PM »
I used to think all the truck switching and tweaking was a load of baloney until I swapped out my Indy 139 to Thunder 148. Night and day difference to board feel, pop and turning.

Sorry I doubted you jizzcocks; you lot are alright.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m