Author Topic: Truck set-ups  (Read 1231633 times)

authentic_creed_bratton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
Re: Truck set-ups
« Reply #7950 on: March 11, 2020, 02:43:12 PM »
you guys are making me want to get an ace 55 so i can do a 66 on the front and the 55 on the back
🤙

secondhandstoke

• Rep: -448
« Reply #7951 on: March 11, 2020, 04:47:42 PM »
jeez, have I really been skating two diff sized trucks this long without noticing?

If that's the case then I'm debating if I should continue or get a new truck. One thrashed grooved truck and one clean truck will certainly look weird.

samesies.  i run an indy 149 in front and indy 144 in back.  its a killer setup

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #7952 on: March 11, 2020, 06:29:47 PM »
Expand Quote
jeez, have I really been skating two diff sized trucks this long without noticing?

If that's the case then I'm debating if I should continue or get a new truck. One thrashed grooved truck and one clean truck will certainly look weird.
[close]

My OCD could not handle this..
I just got 159 Ti's from Skate Warehouse.
One has the "Titanium" graphic on the hanger, the other has "Titanium" etched under the hanger in the webbing.
Whatever..
My dumbass decided to measure the hangers..
156mm and 157mm..
Seriously had trouble sleeping last night..
Is it centered? Both wheels off by 0.5mm? One wheel off by 1mm? Will I notice it?

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7953 on: March 11, 2020, 06:37:21 PM »

LOL

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #7954 on: March 11, 2020, 08:39:28 PM »
I’ve swapped out multiple pairs of trucks for days in a row, spent $25 on titanium hardware, mixed & matched bushing combos, bought aftermarket pivot cups, and even scoured the web for what seemed like the last set of Grind King Rimz available

Skating two different sized trucks is where I draw the line with my madness

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #7955 on: March 11, 2020, 09:06:46 PM »
I was at my parents house and found an old setup that had been given to my sister.  It was a super-abused original Blind Jason Lee American Icons deck - with an Indy stage 5 on one end and a Tracker with a plastic baseplate on the other.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #7956 on: March 11, 2020, 09:25:27 PM »
Madness back. After months of riding the best, I wanted to be always on the grind. Well, I suddenly want to know control, so I bought thunders again. Help

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #7957 on: March 11, 2020, 09:52:00 PM »
you guys are making me want to get an ace 55 so i can do a 66 on the front and the 55 on the back

do it, for science

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #7958 on: March 11, 2020, 09:52:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
One has the "Titanium" graphic on the hanger, the other has "Titanium" etched under the hanger in the webbing.
Whatever..
156mm and 157mm..
Is it centered? Both wheels off by 0.5mm? One wheel off by 1mm? Will I notice it?

the screened one is most likely going to have a shittier pivot cup and bushings than the laser.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #7959 on: March 11, 2020, 10:18:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

do it, for science

Always wondered if people ever rode mixed trucks - Thunders on the front, Ventures on the back etc
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

sneakpeekmeek

• Rep: 2
« Reply #7960 on: March 11, 2020, 10:39:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i'm done with this thread.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #7961 on: March 12, 2020, 12:34:31 AM »
Can someone post a pic of those roman numbers on stage XI’s? I tried to look both on my 139’s and 149’s last night but couldn’t find shit. Do I have to take my bushings of or can I see it from top?
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #7962 on: March 12, 2020, 04:05:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

do it, for science
[close]

Always wondered if people ever rode mixed trucks - Thunders on the front, Ventures on the back etc
My friend rode a forged thunder and a cast thunder. Didn’t seem to mind and I could never wrap my head around that

YungJugg

« Reply #7963 on: March 12, 2020, 04:33:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

do it, for science
[close]

[close]
My friend rode a forged thunder and a cast thunder. Didn’t seem to mind and I could never wrap my head around that

On my Powell elephant I run hollow on the back and cast on the front. My only setup with two of the same exact trucks rn is my rain board.

Can someone post a pic of those roman numbers on stage XI’s? I tried to look both on my 139’s and 149’s last night but couldn’t find shit. Do I have to take my bushings of or can I see it from top?

I can’t upload a pic rn but you should see em poking out behind your top bushing. My bushing is covering like half of it.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 04:43:30 AM by YungJugg »

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #7964 on: March 12, 2020, 06:22:15 AM »
Madness back. After months of riding the best, I wanted to be always on the grind. Well, I suddenly want to know control, so I bought thunders again. Help

I was having this same issue with Ventures and Indys for months. Like, I would set up a board with Indys, skate them, be super into them, and then decide to "try" Ventures again. Then I would love the ventures, tell everyone how I was back on Ventures for life, and the "try" some Indys and begin the cycle again.

For me, posting about it on the internet somehow triggers the change and makes me. So just don't tell people that you like one more and you'll be bale to stick to one?

Also, you sold your Thunders once and are buying them again, right? Maybe that says something.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1004
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7965 on: March 12, 2020, 06:05:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was having this same issue with Ventures and Indys for months. Like, I would set up a board with Indys, skate them, be super into them, and then decide to "try" Ventures again. Then I would love the ventures, tell everyone how I was back on Ventures for life, and the "try" some Indys and begin the cycle again.

For me, posting about it on the internet somehow triggers the change and makes me. So just don't tell people that you like one more and you'll be bale to stick to one?

Also, you sold your Thunders once and are buying them again, right? Maybe that says something.

Try Tensor. I'm serious.

Otherwise, just don't sell off the trucks so you can rotate out whenever you get cookydooks.

Me? I just sold my 5.6 Ventures. Riding Tensor and Theeve.

Riding the theeves to decide between Venture, Thunder and Theeve for a 8.75+ Truck - would consider waiting for Indy mids or ACE.....but....alos super fucking tempted to just get 8.75 ML and wait for new drops if the Covidapocolypse doen't fuck us all up.

secondhandstoke

• Rep: -448
« Reply #7966 on: March 12, 2020, 06:50:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Try Tensor. I'm serious.

Otherwise, just don't sell off the trucks so you can rotate out whenever you get cookydooks.

Riding the theeves to decide between Venture, Thunder and Theeve for a 8.75+ Truck - would consider waiting for Indy mids or ACE.....but....alos super fucking tempted to just get 8.75 ML and wait for new drops if the Covidapocolypse doen't fuck us all up.

Tensors are junk.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7967 on: March 12, 2020, 07:04:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Try Tensor. I'm serious.

[close]

Tensors are junk.
Not true. The new ATG skate wonderfully.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

fang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7968 on: March 12, 2020, 08:11:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I did. Pretty sure my wife is mad at me about this too. I can always get her with the "how much to get your hair done?!" Though. Thunders are great, I ponder that I am just scared to commit to the one brand I'd never commit to in my prime

satan

« Reply #7969 on: March 12, 2020, 08:14:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Whatever..
156mm and 157mm..
[close]

the screened one is most likely going to have a shittier pivot cup and bushings than the laser.
Yeah. Thanks for that. Kinda..
Tbh, I'd forgot about that until you posted. And I actually got distracted mid-sesh thinking about it. Thanks..
The bushings looked the same color, both that crazy-hyper orange. My older Ti's have mellower orange bushings.
Didn't really look at the pivot cups.
And I was gonna do cast baseplates with Krux bushings anyways..
I should treat this like an exercise to help fight OCD. But it's got me oddly anxious. 1mm! This is madness..

I honestly think the roman numerals thing is an inside joke..
Haha..
I looked too..

Xen. I've got 159's.. And a half dozen unused bushings?
If you want any help getting deeper into the madness just let me know..

edit.. also double checked my magic curb. 139's with classics will just barely touch the hanger in primo position
I guess that curb is pretty small.. makes me wanna measure it..

And did you get the last cheap Theeve 6.5's at Board Paradise?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 09:02:03 PM by satan »

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #7970 on: March 12, 2020, 08:45:01 PM »
I was at my parents house and found an old setup that had been given to my sister.  It was a super-abused original Blind Jason Lee American Icons deck - with an Indy stage 5 on one end and a Tracker with a plastic baseplate on the other.

that's cool my sister has a bonkers set up too. It's a bam board in nice condition tho.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #7971 on: March 12, 2020, 08:47:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

do it, for science
[close]

back in the day. I rode a g&s in the back and a gullwing up front. Sparks from steel and a nose grind dent was the thought.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #7972 on: March 13, 2020, 05:05:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I did. Pretty sure my wife is mad at me about this too. I can always get her with the "how much to get your hair done?!" Though. Thunders are great, I ponder that I am just scared to commit to the one brand I'd never commit to in my prime

I hear you. I rode nothing but venture 5.0 lows in my prime, but as hard as I've tried I just can't skate them now. The way I see it, I'm 37 and the amount of time I have left to enjoy skating regularly is not guaranteed. So I'm just going to skate what works for me now, regardless of how much a younger me would have objected.

fang

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7973 on: March 13, 2020, 01:56:58 PM »
I am also using the non guaranteed time left thing. I'm going to be 44 at the end of the month (same bday as Guy, even year). I don't get very much free time. The fact that I've skated pretty good on thunders bothered me a bit. Partially for "what if I would have liked these in my prime?" And partially from fear of change. But I'm starting to just think (trying to that is), if they work now, they are right

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 864
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #7974 on: March 13, 2020, 02:18:34 PM »
I am also using the non guaranteed time left thing. I'm going to be 44 at the end of the month (same bday as Guy, even year). I don't get very much free time. The fact that I've skated pretty good on thunders bothered me a bit. Partially for "what if I would have liked these in my prime?" And partially from fear of change. But I'm starting to just think (trying to that is), if they work now, they are right
welcome to the club
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

hillbilly shifty

• Rep: 46
« Reply #7975 on: March 14, 2020, 09:38:55 PM »
had to check this out. sure enough there they were, tucked behind the bushing.
IIII on my 144 stage XI

YungJugg

« Reply #7976 on: March 14, 2020, 11:14:54 PM »
How do washer vs no washer perform as far as Bones medium bushings go? Didn’t like the “mush” of the stock Indys (149), yet on my cruiser (159) the stock turn on a dime, unlike my Bones.

Debating if I should shave down or ride em washer-less. I’d experiment myself but figure I’d ask before potentially churning up the bushings.

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
« Reply #7977 on: March 15, 2020, 12:57:31 AM »
Are the cruiser ones broken in more?
No washer usually gives you less rebound and therefore more mush when equally tight, so more sponge, less snap.
 Wouldn‘t really recommend it once the bushings are nicely broken in.

PMA

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #7978 on: March 15, 2020, 07:21:08 AM »
Anybody ran the Krux pins in forged Thunder plates? If so, how’d you remove the original kingpin, Heat it up in the oven and pound it out?

christopherwalters

• Rep: 0
« Reply #7979 on: March 15, 2020, 05:48:24 PM »
Does anyone know when the new Indy mids are coming out and what the height of those are?