Author Topic: The Slap Messageboard Hall of Fame  (Read 5218 times)

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
The Slap Messageboard Hall of Fame
« on: December 27, 2015, 11:33:22 AM »
This is a thread to commemorate the more memorable antics, hijinks, and stories that have occurred on the boards over the past decade and change. I'll start with the first two that come to mind.

Jamie Thomas cancels a Mystery premiere that poster Carlton/Diego Menendez attends. Carlton posts a "FUCK JAMIE THOMAS" thread, describing the situation for all to see, and Jamie Thomas offers to pick Carlton up at a gas station and give him a ride to the next demo. He obliges, buys a bag of chips on the Chief's dime, and doesn't say a single word.

During the height of Fully Flared mania, poster Marty wrote "Slap Message Boards Rules" on his balls in sharpie to get a link to the video.

Anyone else who's been here for a minute, feel free to add.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
Re: The Slap Messageboard Hall of Fame
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 11:56:11 AM »
rockadio420 was a legend in his own right
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 12:05:37 PM »
Too many to mention but iŽll try:

Kyle Robinsons meltdown and threaths to Little Fucky. Included live updates of criminal behaviour and endless insane/inane walls of low quality text.

Shetlers rant of how much Suskie needed a shoe. The guy has no basic knowledge of supply/demand.

Pretty much anything Jamie Thomas. I have to say, Jamie did a pretty good job in some threads.

That sponsor me site had some awesome jems.

The very painful Ryan Kenrich thread. I dont want to read it again.

White Rawbs early threads.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2015, 12:19:52 PM »
nothing ever happens here

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2015, 12:24:40 PM »
Brooklyn Brawler was a god amongst men

until someone outed him
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2015, 12:32:53 PM »
I remember Beans was supposed to meet someone irl to fight, maybe ymhy, I can't remember, but it was at the same time that Knox Godoy was drawing stick figures and someone said he should watch the fight and report back to Slap with a stick figure transcription of it and for some reason I still remember that.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2015, 12:37:13 PM »
When Newton 2.0 got exposed.... That was pretty damn entertaining.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2015, 01:01:08 PM »
Jamie Thomas cancels a Mystery premiere that poster Carlton/Diego Menendez attends. Carlton posts a "FUCK JAMIE THOMAS" thread.
I tried to find that thread and came across this one entitled Joe Castrucci: WORSE than Jamie, which was fun reading since I haven't been posting here that long. Castrucci and Jamie Thomas commenting in the same thread:
http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=12622.0

The relationship between Silas and Habitat must've been really rocky despite his talent. Maybe it still is.

Also liked this quote:
I always thought it was weird that the company is about Aliens and conspiracies and the dudes name who started it is Chris Carter, while around the same time, another guy named Chris Carter created The X-Files which is about aliens and conspiracies.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2015, 06:54:49 PM »
GAY has posted some absolute gold. When he questioned why people post anonymously he said something like "you could do a quick Google search and find me smoking a meth pipe and taking a dildo in the ass"

That wasn't accurate but it made me lol. Rusty always made awesome videos followed by supremely bizarre text. Jamie Thomas stuff sounded hilarious, I could see why he doesn't post here anymore.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2015, 07:01:39 PM »
Ted DeGross explaining why he left professional skateboarding.

Prison Wallet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
  • I'm gonna break my leg off in your ass
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2015, 07:45:03 PM »
Where to start... Vikki sexcapade was bonkers and was the beginning of the end for BB. SB threatening to expose Slap Posters IRL if the celebrity center account didn't stop posting. Slap backed down and deleted the account. Sanchez bragging about cheating with is wife while he was still married. I feel like if someone did a thorough retrospective of highlights it'd be coffee table skatebook worthy.

7 year old

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2015, 08:23:07 PM »
tit flick

Jake From State Farm

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2015, 09:08:50 PM »
Anthony Shetler.

nylin

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2015, 09:28:39 PM »
COTG and Jeremy tranny bet where COTG claimed he would be better at skating tranny than Jeremy after 1 year. After a year COTG could barely back disaster and I think Jeremy came up 100 bucks.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2015, 03:24:57 AM »
Where to start... Vikki sexcapade was bonkers and was the beginning of the end for BB. SB threatening to expose Slap Posters IRL if the celebrity center account didn't stop posting. Slap backed down and deleted the account. Sanchez bragging about cheating with is wife while he was still married. I feel like if someone did a thorough retrospective of highlights it'd be coffee table skatebook worthy.

Expose us? Who cares? Not like we have friends or employers.

Back to the topic:

COTG interview and his endless faggot/fag insults and love for P-Rod.

Passionate fights between Gipper and half of this board.

Irish Cop could really start some shit at times.

DaSK8DOODs wise investments into his album that yielded just below a thousand clicks on Myspace or Youtube.

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2015, 05:33:55 AM »
I second the Ted Degros vent about how lame the photosynthesis era crew actually was

Also that sk8dood post "What happend to the cammraderie", was fuckin weird

edit: Here it is, he only made one post under the name Oggopogo
"Let me help clear this up. this is my de-virginizing post, so if you think you've seen me on here before , you haven't, and hi Dallas, don't ask me what facebook does, it's buggy and deletes who it wants, you're always cool in my book. anyways.....

I "disappeared" because I didn't want to do the whole slow painful death spiral that most people do. You know how you see someone going from riding for DC, then to say......Osiris (no offense, but a step down in my book) then Recs (if you remember them) and eventually everybody starts their own company, and they're like "hey guys!!!! this is going to be great!!!!. It's going to be me and 5 other washed up dudes (no offense to some of my old friends who are still in denial) acting like we're still on the upswing!!, it's gonna be huge!!". but it never is. I've seen dozens of these last ditch efforts come and go and it's not for me. If I'm going to bust my ass for something, I'm going to get rewarded for it.

okay...let's clear up some stuff. I think I asked Zasflasky, not Russ to look into City, not Think for me. I've always liked City, they're not in the big leagues like the other guys, but they're a cool company full of young energetic underdogs.

listen to the mosaic commentary again. Tim calls me weird at first, then corrects himself, and says I'm not weird, I'm just so normal that its weird. I don't think any of the Alien/Habitat guys from the Mosaic tour (where I first met Tim) were used to someone who just wanted to live quietly and had a kind of "serious" attitude. like a "normie", not your typical skate misfit type. most people who knew me know that I've gotten into plenty of bad things in my life, but I kept it separate from skating.

That tour was horrible. I was so excited to be on tour with my idols and all the guys I wanted to be on a team with and build something great. I had no idea everyone there would be so jaded, negative and catty. it was weird. totally soul crushing for a bright eyed young kid from canada. I cannot tell you how many times the guys would storm into the hotel room with hookers and whatever drugs.booze they could get their hands on. fuck those guys. Danny Renaud is a great skater with excellent style and a lot of flair, but what a jerk. Tim O is sweet and sour, not just the sweet he puts out there all the time. Heath Kirchart was cool.

Coldplay was Kurt fillipone's Idea. I wanted "the lights go down" by ELO, but he was pushy and I got what his vision was. I like Kurt. still do. I can live with that on my record.

Earl the Pearl guessed the closest. Borderlands 2 is awesome. I'm not over skating though, Its more of a social thing for me though, and all the skate homies are in vancouver/vic and phoenix.

don't know what happened with any girl/lakai stuff. I probably came off overeager and presumptuous. I could see that, I just loved those guys though. oh well. I should have just gone over to some teams I could have gone on trips with. anyways......

that pretty much covers it. I live in the Richmond hills in the Bay Area. I can hear cows from my house. I start work at 630 most days. Iam a "tree climber". I have an embarrassing link I'll post.

http://aplustree.com/blog/a-plus-team-official-movie-trailer/

comeback is doubtful, but I still like to skate."
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 05:51:05 AM by perverted super otaku! »

castillo's curls

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2015, 07:45:28 AM »
Nevermore!

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2015, 07:59:33 AM »
David L. Lumpkins and his quest for videos. I can't remember the video though... It wasn't a real skate video though, it was something like The Life of Ryan.... Help me out guys.
it was the nbc show Sk8
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2015, 08:50:08 AM »
Not many people noticed, but The Situation came through Manny Mania in NYC and killed it...

Greasy boardslide on the flat rail...

The Situation reps Jersey hard...

Getting in a (balanced?) nose manny before the shenanigans and rain set in.

The Situation couldn't believe the amount of shit Darren was talking to lil' Stevie...

Mike stays true to his meathead roots and jumps in, even when it's not necessary

Looks like Berra may have a guest role on the Shore...
After the shenanigans at Manny Mania, The Situation headed over to Pop's woodshop.

I don't think Pops was feeling the unannounced visit...

Pops wanted to work, The Situation had other things on his mind...

The Situation quickly grew tiresome of Anthony's bench crafting, and proceeded to subtly express his feelings towards his work.

After coaxing Pops out of his woodshop and into the streets, a good session was had by all...

It looks like The Situation is upping the insanity with J-Rog...

perverted super otaku!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2015, 08:55:11 AM »
^gnar'd

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2015, 08:59:13 AM »

and

Expand Quote
Did a pretty good caveman darkslide if I don't say so myself, the BMXers at the skatepark sure liked it.

Also, made this note to go in my camera bag.

[close]

Everything about that note is fucking amazing. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 09:05:37 AM by ill_Murray »
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3330
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2015, 09:47:11 AM »
I miss Inbred Jed and RockADIO.

I've gone from a Tracer hater to lover.

Rusty was wonderful.

Sk8Dood focusing over and over, smiling all the while.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2545
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2015, 01:19:24 PM »
Nevermore!

Hahahaha!!! Thanks for the reminder, that was easily a HoF episode.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 884
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2015, 01:36:31 PM »
I think it was the tinder or confessions thread, but somebody had a very long post about hooking up with a ladyboy on more than one occasion. I know that shark tits will remember who posted it and where to find it.

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2015, 02:40:27 PM »
I think it was the tinder or confessions thread, but somebody had a very long post about hooking up with a ladyboy on more than one occasion. I know that shark tits will remember who posted it and where to find it.

hahahaha that was hilarious i think it was an akward sexual encounters thread
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2015, 03:14:03 PM »
That ladyboy story was an emotional rollercoaster.

RockADIO was and always will be my favorite poster ever. Why did he have to focus? Why couldn't he just slow the posts to a trickle and then stop altogether? It was like Robin Williams killing himself.

nice_guy_2

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2015, 03:20:44 PM »
best slap poster of all time ALEXACTLY

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2015, 03:37:23 PM »
best slap poster of all time ALEXACTLY

ha I just posted almost the exact same thing in the best/worst posters thread.

BB's unveiling was shocking at the time, but even after that he seemed pretty cool most of the time, although he could be pretty petty sometimes. I remember being jealous of that spoon cd dill signed.

Best I can think of right now is ATM doing austin Stephens opening line, slap getting a girl to break up with him over shit he said on here (anyone else remember this? It was during MySpace days), sheffledge threatening to rape someone's mom, and "fuck slap, nuke the earth".

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2015, 04:08:15 PM »
Sk8d00d/Strike a Pose feud which ended up including a "freestyle battle", multiple thread hijackings, and the subsequent focusing of both posters

The Twitch/Grim fiasco

Pappalardo on Nike photoshop thread

THE PICK-UP ARTISTRY THREAD