Author Topic: By the numbers - eS Menikmati (infographic)  (Read 5176 times)

Esquivel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 213
Re: By the numbers - eS Menikmati (infographic)
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2015, 05:44:24 AM »
Wow, you really went all out on this. Were feebles seen as an uncool trick at that time?

no one was doing them apart from the zero styled guys. feebles and smiths were considered "handrail tricks" but with lipslides being much more popular. i think nowadays all kids learn feebles and smiths because they are fucking easy to lock on so its a good base to start from. i have even seen kids learn feebles before 50-50's! if we talk about the 90's then there were 6 smiths performed in the whole era!!
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2015, 06:18:25 AM »

I recall Ben Gilley's Label Kills part not having any flip tricks in it, not sure if that's right though.  Good work on that infographic, you nailed the design and aesthetic.

Yes. I refuse to rewatch that part but I am 99% positive there's not a single line or flip trick. Fuckin early 2000's...
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2015, 06:24:35 AM »
I sat thru menikmati when it came out, it's terrible.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2015, 06:25:02 AM »
these are cool, thanks for taking the time to make them!

Watitdo

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2020, 01:31:33 PM »
An infographic for Pier 7 would be so sick. Maybe a certain time frame to make it easier.

suckmadeck

• Rep: 27
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2020, 07:44:53 AM »
Comparison of Static 1-5.

ratio of urban to non-urban spots
ratio of spots in downtown environment vs. non-downtown
ratio of lines vs non-lines
ratio of US vs international spots
# of cellar doors per video
# of fisheye shots

would probably require some definition of variables for sure since this sort of stuff can be mercurial.

I think there would be some interesting trends in there because they change a lot video to video.

Edit: Predictions would be

-Cellar doors, international spots peak on 3 and then decline
-urban on a steady upclimb and plateauing at 3
-Sharp spike in downtown footage in 4 and 5

this

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2020, 08:57:22 AM »
An infographic for Pier 7 would be so sick. Maybe a certain time frame to make it easier.

I'll visualize the data if you can compile every Pier 7 clip from every video into a sortable spreadsheet.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Watitdo

« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2020, 10:37:54 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'll visualize the data if you can compile every Pier 7 clip from every video into a sortable spreadsheet.

I don't get why modern day skate nerds make fun of other skate nerds. I know you guys hate that woman from IG but it is toxic masculinity. I don't understand why our community has this problem, but it does. So am I supposed to get in an argument with you that I wrote maybe a "certain time frame to make it easier?" Obviously you ignored that sentence on purpose to be an asshole over nothing. Why? Because you're toxic. It's less toxic than screaming at a pedestrian to get off the public ledge you're defacing, it's more fussy as fuck on your part.

Even if you did a decade 93-03 and had 10 skaters each do a year, you'd get your statistics pretty easy, because in that time frame about 10 VHS videos came out each year and not all of them are from the bay area, and they're all about 30 mins long. Not a lot of work to do. It took me a lot longer to write this out than to think it.

I also didn't say anyone had to do it. I just said it would be sick, because classic pier 7 footage is dope. No one has to do anything. I was just fantasizing about it and bumped this cool thread. If you weren't so toxic my response wouldn't be so complicated. So this long message is your fault, not mine.

Glurmpz

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2020, 11:10:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don't get why modern day skate nerds make fun of other skate nerds. I know you guys hate that woman from IG but it is toxic masculinity. I don't understand why our community has this problem, but it does. So am I supposed to get in an argument with you that I wrote maybe a "certain time frame to make it easier?" Obviously you ignored that sentence on purpose to be an asshole over nothing. Why? Because you're toxic. It's less toxic than screaming at a pedestrian to get off the public ledge you're defacing, it's more fussy as fuck on your part.

Even if you did a decade 93-03 and had 10 skaters each do a year, you'd get your statistics pretty easy, because in that time frame about 10 VHS videos came out each year and not all of them are from the bay area, and they're all about 30 mins long. Not a lot of work to do. It took me a lot longer to write this out than to think it.

I also didn't say anyone had to do it. I just said it would be sick, because classic pier 7 footage is dope. No one has to do anything. I was just fantasizing about it and bumped this cool thread. If you weren't so toxic my response wouldn't be so complicated. So this long message is your fault, not mine.

Jesus dude, who pissed in your cornflakes? Guy makes one joking comment about how many Pier 7 clips there are and you act like he just dissed your mother. By looking at his post, and then yours, it's you who seems full of negativity. Seriously. One short comment and you instantly get triggered and change the subject to something completely different and unrelated. I mean, what the fuck does that other thread have to do with this, at all?

Watitdo

« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2020, 11:21:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Jesus dude, who pissed in your cornflakes? Guy makes one joking comment about how many Pier 7 clips there are and you act like he just dissed your mother. By looking at his post, and then yours, it's you who seems full of negativity. Seriously. One short comment and you instantly get triggered and change the subject to something completely different and unrelated. I mean, what the fuck does that other thread have to do with this, at all?

Only 1 snide comment in the slap community? Are you new here? Are you new to the skate community? It runs rampant. His reply is insanely stupid, so is yours.

Hombreezy

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2020, 11:22:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Only 1 snide comment in the slap community? Are you new here? Are you new to the skate community? It runs rampant. His reply is insanely stupid, so is yours.
You’re burnt mate

Glurmpz

« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2020, 11:26:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Damn. You're gonna have a hard time in life with skin that thin.  ::) 

Watitdo

« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2020, 11:42:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I just don't care about being accepted by a toxic community anymore so I'll speak my mind. I only network with skaters who hate on toxic masculinity too, there's a lot of us. The pendulum will swing sooner or later. So you and other incels will have a hard time eventually.

But back to the subject of this thread, which clearly making fun of women, TK, and Braille are much more important on the forum, I'm not surprised my bump went no where. No one here is really discussing classic skate nerdery on here, occasionally yes, most times no. I thought I'd give it a shot, especially with Pier 7. Most of the threads on here are really dull and they only get exciting to forum users when there's drama aka toxicity.

Glurmpz

« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2020, 11:54:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I just don't care about being accepted by a toxic community anymore so I'll speak my mind. I only network with skaters who hate on toxic masculinity too, there's a lot of us. The pendulum will swing sooner or later. So you and other incels will have a hard time eventually.

But back to the subject of this thread, which clearly making fun of women, TK, and Braille are much more important on the forum, I'm not surprised my bump went no where. No one here is really discussing classic skate nerdery on here, occasionally yes, most times no. I thought I'd give it a shot, especially with Pier 7. Most of the threads on here are really dull and they only get exciting to forum users when there's drama aka toxicity.

You realize this thread was strictly about infographics until you side-tracked it, right? Someone hinted that gathering all the Pier 7 clips may be a daunting task, and your response was to go on a rant about toxic masculinity because you're still hung up on another thread that has nothing to do with this one. If you want the thread to stay on track, maybe respond to that poster without flipping out... something like "I realize it's a big task but I think it's doable.". Not sure why you took his post as something "toxic". If anything, it sounds like you're the person trying to make every thread about drama. No one else mentioned that other thread or "toxic" behavior.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 03:14:45 PM by Glurmpz »

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2020, 04:20:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

You're arguing against something that didn't happen. No wonder you see so much toxic masculinity in skating if you seek it out when it's not there
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.