Author Topic: Sammy Baca  (Read 16631 times)

Dengles

Re: Sammy Baca
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2016, 08:42:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
how does one go from being a metal/rock obsessed 20 year old to full cholo gang banger?
[close]

im not an expert on our primos from the south but the cholo community loves slayer, biker culture, and strangely... morrisey
[close]
Haha did you ever read the Dave Carnie article in Big Brother about cholo's and their love for Morrisey? 
[close]

I wish I could be cool and say yes but I actually learned about it from a chuck klosterman book which is way more lame. If you got a link to the big brother article I'll read it on the train tomorrow for sure
No link but I do have a copy of it in his book of compiled BB articles I got years ago

stone cold steve austin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -84
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2016, 10:32:11 PM »
saw him in australia early last year for a cons tour and he was killing it

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2016, 01:00:31 AM »
Expand Quote
how does one go from being a metal/rock obsessed 20 year old to full cholo gang banger? letting a 3 yr old shoot a gun...wtf
[close]

Have you dressed the exact same your entire life? People change, usually their clothing style does too. Letting a child shoot a gun is safe as long as they are put through a gun safety course or taught by an adult who knows the proper way to handle a firearm.
in the parts of Los Angeles that I grew up in and currently live in, these two worlds are more closely tied then one might think.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2016, 06:59:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
how does one go from being a metal/rock obsessed 20 year old to full cholo gang banger?
[close]

im not an expert on our primos from the south but the cholo community loves slayer, biker culture, and strangely... morrisey
[close]
Haha did you ever read the Dave Carnie article in Big Brother about cholo's and their love for Morrisey?  
[close]

it is boob? i am going on vacation soon so i was going to order a good book anyways- maybe this will be it.

I wish I could be cool and say yes but I actually learned about it from a chuck klosterman book which is way more lame. If you got a link to the big brother article I'll read it on the train tomorrow for sure
[close]
No link but I do have a copy of it in his book of compiled BB articles I got years ago

Edit: totally realized I never put my post under your post and looked like a dumb random quote guy. 

What I wanted to post was if it was boob that you read the article in. I'm going on vacation in early feb so I've been looking for some quality beach reading.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 08:04:07 AM by tortfeasor »
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

palenimbus

• Rep: 5
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2016, 08:50:54 AM »

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2016, 09:30:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
how does one go from being a metal/rock obsessed 20 year old to full cholo gang banger? letting a 3 yr old shoot a gun...wtf
[close]

Have you dressed the exact same your entire life? People change, usually their clothing style does too. Letting a child shoot a gun is safe as long as they are put through a gun safety course or taught by an adult who knows the proper way to handle a firearm.
[close]
in the parts of Los Angeles that I grew up in and currently live in, these two worlds are more closely tied then one might think.

Yeah it doesn't really strike me as such as such a contradiction

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2016, 09:44:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

We get it, you�re a minority...

A real question to all Americans; do people actually act and dress that way for real?
[close]
mad that he dresses how he wants and is a minority? 

discuss

"Today, there are about 16,000 Russians citizens in Sweden, according to figures from the Russian Embassy."

Source: http://www.thelocal.se/20090130/17262

Yeah, real fucking mad. Nothing to discuss here...

IcanthelpitImfromMilwaukee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2016, 09:54:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Haha did you ever read the Dave Carnie article in Big Brother about cholo's and their love for Morrisey?�
[close]

There are at least 2 documentaries on this phenomenon too. Also, Hardcore shows in certain parts of Chicago (and I would assume other cities with high Hispanic populations) to this day have tons of Hispanic dudes with pompadours and Morrissey T-shirts running around. Lyrically, Morrissey probably isn't too different than what they grew up with, so it makes sense to me.

Baca's Slaughterhouse and Prevent This Tragedy parts were cool but I'm hard pressed to think of another part of his. Oh well, get paid.

ADOLF SHITLER

« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2016, 10:30:18 AM »
Hes not a top level tranny dude but he just attacks whatever hes skating and its entertaining to watch. Plus he skates some weird stuntman type shit where u think he might die, always a plus

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2016, 12:19:05 PM »
never forget
pig wood sammy baca part

haha that whole video is just gold. so good.

southsecond

« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2016, 04:51:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
it's pathetic to be an adult and choose that lifestyle....most are born into it.� say whatever you want....about a 3 yr old handling a gun, but you can't defend that shit..dumbest thing i've ever read on slap
[close]

You're assuming he just let the kid hold the gun and fire at will. I guarantee Baca held the thing and did the shooting, the kid probably had ear plugs in and just barely wrapped his hands around it.

In many states, children can hunt under the age of 12 as long as they have adult supervision, and usually by ages 12-16 they complete a gun safety course. Multiple people in my family are firearm owners and most of them hunt. I've never completed a safety course but was taught the proper way to handle, disassemble, clean, and fire a gun from a young age. Even though I don't currently own any guns as a result of losing my FOID card, my point is don't start judging people and acting like you know shit about guns and gun safety when you clearly don't.
[close]

Dude, you're clearly a bit gun obsessed and willing to defend egregious behavior because it involves your precious firearms. As a gun owner myself, I can tell you that there is -- literally -- no reason to let or to encourage a fucking three-year old to shoot a gun. Clearly, Sammy isn't a sport shooter or a hunter, he's using guns as the lowest possible form of lifestyle prop. He's posturing and using a gun to seem hard. Now I'm not claiming Baca isn't "hard," or whatever, but there's no way to defend his behavior as indicative of a responsible gun owner.

[close]

How has his behavior been proven as egregious? The kid holding the gun to pose for the picture, did it have the safety on with the magazine and chamber empty? Most likely. Do you really think the dude would give a three year old a loaded gun and let him shoot it risking his son killing himself or someone else by accident? No, more than likely Baca held and shot it while his son was in between his arms with Baca crouched down to his height. Have some common sense.

You clearly don't see the glorification of gang and gun culture to be a problem. Using a gun as a lifestyle prop is bad enough without adding your toddler to the mix.

Also, your description of Baca crouching down is adorable.

Xtal

« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2016, 04:58:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
it's pathetic to be an adult and choose that lifestyle....most are born into it.� say whatever you want....about a 3 yr old handling a gun, but you can't defend that shit..dumbest thing i've ever read on slap
[close]

You're assuming he just let the kid hold the gun and fire at will. I guarantee Baca held the thing and did the shooting, the kid probably had ear plugs in and just barely wrapped his hands around it.

In many states, children can hunt under the age of 12 as long as they have adult supervision, and usually by ages 12-16 they complete a gun safety course. Multiple people in my family are firearm owners and most of them hunt. I've never completed a safety course but was taught the proper way to handle, disassemble, clean, and fire a gun from a young age. Even though I don't currently own any guns as a result of losing my FOID card, my point is don't start judging people and acting like you know shit about guns and gun safety when you clearly don't.
[close]

Dude, you're clearly a bit gun obsessed and willing to defend egregious behavior because it involves your precious firearms. As a gun owner myself, I can tell you that there is -- literally -- no reason to let or to encourage a fucking three-year old to shoot a gun. Clearly, Sammy isn't a sport shooter or a hunter, he's using guns as the lowest possible form of lifestyle prop. He's posturing and using a gun to seem hard. Now I'm not claiming Baca isn't "hard," or whatever, but there's no way to defend his behavior as indicative of a responsible gun owner.

[close]

How has his behavior been proven as egregious? The kid holding the gun to pose for the picture, did it have the safety on with the magazine and chamber empty? Most likely. Do you really think the dude would give a three year old a loaded gun and let him shoot it risking his son killing himself or someone else by accident? No, more than likely Baca held and shot it while his son was in between his arms with Baca crouched down to his height. Have some common sense.
[close]

You clearly don't see the glorification of gang and gun culture to be a problem. Using a gun as a lifestyle prop is bad enough without adding your toddler to the mix.

Also, your description of Baca crouching down is adorable.

A father bonding with his son shooting guns is adorable as fuck.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2016, 05:42:34 PM »
I actually had the pleasure of watching Sammy skate when I lived in vegas. He's one of those you gotta watch in person to see how gnarly he is type skaters. He rips all the big bowls/tranny parks in Vegas which are all no joke. That being said I've been a fan since his pig wood days and have noticed less and less coverage of him over the years. I truly hope he's stacking footage because i would hate for him to get dropped. Gang banging is stupid as fuck though.

turtleboy86

• Rep: -14
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2016, 06:00:06 PM »
Sammy is saving all his footage for BAKER 4, probly going to have the most stunt filled ,action packed, high octane part.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 323
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2016, 10:00:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Same shit down here dude. Suicidal Tendencies is a must too, along with a lot of 80's hardcore.
[close]

Yep.  You guys ever been to Santa Cruz?

Only once, it was one of the best cities I have ever gotten to stay in.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Jimi

• Rep: 0
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2016, 02:09:42 PM »
The last I saw of him was in a Trash Talk music video, he skates with Kenny Anderson

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2016, 02:14:01 PM »
I actually had the pleasure of watching Sammy skate when I lived in vegas. He's one of those you gotta watch in person to see how gnarly he is type skaters. He rips all the big bowls/tranny parks in Vegas which are all no joke. That being said I've been a fan since his pig wood days and have noticed less and less coverage of him over the years. I truly hope he's stacking footage because i would hate for him to get dropped. Gang banging is stupid as fuck though.

Yea, his skating, even on film is super gnar. I can't even imagine how rad it must be in person. Dude fucking charges.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 582
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2016, 02:33:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
East LA?
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.