Author Topic: Jordan Taylor of Toy Machine  (Read 13380 times)

somedudefromnj

Re: Jordan Taylor of Toy Machine
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2016, 12:41:39 PM »
wknd rules. Had no idea Taylor wasnt pro.

AssBandit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2016, 02:17:43 PM »
I thought Stuckey got kicked off of HUF because he decided to ride for WKND?  I guess their standards change if you're a Gillete caliber skater, or if dude is already under contract because they have a pro shoe.  HUF is coming off really lame right about now. 

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2016, 03:05:58 PM »
his brainwash part is legitimately one of my favorite parts ever. bums me out to hear this because i love toy, but going to WKND is rad as well
good come sausage

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2016, 03:08:55 PM »
ed templeton interviews him in the new thrasher.  not saying him leaving isn't true, but thought it was interesting

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2016, 06:51:17 PM »
I thought Stuckey got kicked off of HUF because he decided to ride for WKND?  I guess their standards change if you're a Gillete caliber skater, or if dude is already under contract because they have a pro shoe.  HUF is coming off really lame right about now. 

I don't know if thats true but Ryan Lay got kicked of huf because he started to ride for Welcome and huf said that brand wasn't a legit board sponsor

shit_for_brains

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2016, 07:11:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't know if thats true but Ryan Lay got kicked of huf because he started to ride for Welcome and huf said that brand wasn't a legit board sponsor

Yeah I think you're thinking of Ryan Lay.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2016, 07:22:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

It happened with Ryan Lay but I'm also pretty sure Johan went thru the same thing but with Wknd in his case.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2016, 07:29:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
It happened with Ryan Lay but I'm also pretty sure Johan went thru the same thing but with Wknd in his case.

I remember Johan was on skate talk and this was the time he was roger. Well Huf said to Johan if he doesn't leave roger he will get dropped by huf so thats when Johan stayed on habitat flow forever

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2016, 07:38:32 PM »
ed templeton interviews him in the new thrasher.  not saying him leaving isn't true, but thought it was interesting

Ed asked Jtay to get deeper into his homoerotic wet dreams and he refused. He kicked himself off toy to show is a loyal pawn of the poon. Fact, wait for the ride channel special press release.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2016, 08:23:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ed asked Jtay to get deeper into his homoerotic wet dreams and he refused. He kicked himself off toy to show is a loyal pawn of the poon. Fact, wait for the ride channel special press release.

i found that part of the interview kinda weird but hey classic ed

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2016, 09:35:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I remember Johan was on skate talk and this was the time he was roger. Well Huf said to Johan if he doesn't leave roger he will get dropped by huf so thats when Johan stayed on habitat flow forever

Maybe WKND will someday make him pro, that would be nice  :'(
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2016, 03:02:57 PM »
http://www.thegreenzine.co.uk/johan-stuckey-interview/

It's in here that Stuckey talks about Huf. It sounds like they were in limbo with him and the team, even though he definitely fit on Huf. WKND is definitely a "major" board company, as you can get the boards all over.

Dengles

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2016, 03:34:16 PM »
WKND is sick, has anyone skated their boards?  If so how are they?

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2016, 08:23:53 AM »
Expand Quote
I see a lot of kids riding their boards in LA, but to be fair, those kids are also wearing those stupid as fuck overalls.

Serious question: don't those things limit your movement? Do you have to unbuckle the whole shebang to take a shit? I guess the 90s are back. I can't wait for the jock resurgence so we can get called skater fags again.
[close]

I miss those days!

This time around the jocks will be calling us fags while they where janoskis and DC t shirts

Or maybe all the "skater fags" will take up traditional team sports and get picked on by jock skaters. They'll drive by in their SUVs and yell out the window "Do a slam dunk!" as they head to the skate park.

Bitter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2016, 08:38:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i found that part of the interview kinda weird but hey classic ed

Ed literally says "Let's get weird" before those questions haha Ed also asks Taylor if he considers himself a man-am. Maybe that got him thinking about his future. Here's the full interview. Some cool spots - http://www.brixton.com/blog/2016/01/06/brixtons-jordan-taylor-heads-interview-in-thrasher/

somedudefromnj

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2016, 06:38:16 AM »

It's in here that Stuckey talks about Huf. It sounds like they were in limbo with him and the team, even though he definitely fit on Huf. WKND is definitely a "major" board company, as you can get the boards all over.

Johan left huf to get on habitat shoes so he could be on the deck team too, austyn left and they had no reason to fukk with stuckey so he got on neither and that put him at the end of the line for huf

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2016, 08:15:16 AM »
He's in Florida with wknd right now and so is austyn gillette.
p-shuvs and v-flips

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2016, 08:54:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Johan left huf to get on habitat shoes so he could be on the deck team too, austyn left and they had no reason to fukk with stuckey so he got on neither and that put him at the end of the line for huf

You're talkining about the first time Stuckey left Huf, correct? Because up until the summer of 2015, he was definitely on Huf Flow.

And yes, Gillette is currently on that WKND Trip!

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2016, 10:30:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
How do you think Ryan Lay feels now that Will Blaty is on Welcome and Huf?

4wheels

« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2016, 10:45:54 AM »
good, theyre PS stix

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2016, 01:45:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
good, theyre PS stix
Skating the 8.5 Seinfeld shaped deck right now and it's one of my favorite boards ever. I'm probably going to get another one next time I need a new board, I'm super stoked on this company and even moreso now that Austyn and Jordan Taylor might be on.