Author Topic: Skaters who have been robbed for soty  (Read 13934 times)

too fakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 63
Re: Skaters who have been robbed for soty
« Reply #120 on: November 23, 2023, 10:54:58 AM »
As time passes, I think Shane not winning in 2015 is the one that has aged the worst.

He had multiple video parts, the switch flip back nose blunt cover, and two banner tricks on historical SF spots. The bigspin backtail on clipper during a thrasher contest and the nollie back heel on Wallenberg.

AVE is an all time great but putting out one video part that was filmed over the course of 5 years doesn’t compare to me.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2023, 09:42:32 AM »
As time passes, I think Shane not winning in 2015 is the one that has aged the worst.

He had multiple video parts, the switch flip back nose blunt cover, and two banner tricks on historical SF spots. The bigspin backtail on clipper during a thrasher contest and the nollie back heel on Wallenberg.

AVE is an all time great but putting out one video part that was filmed over the course of 5 years doesn’t compare to me.

good callout. how got robbed the year AVE won? there should be a different legends award

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2023, 10:29:40 AM »

I’m a huge AVE fan and I wholeheartedly agree with this.

MrDuckey

• Rep: -98
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2023, 12:19:46 PM »
Idk who got robbed but I can say for sure Tyshawn committed the robbery. One day in 2018 I go online to see who won SOTY and I saw a dude I never even heard about. Looked up some clips online and saw he had a nice Ollie. This was the biggest fraud in all of skateboarding, perhaps even action sport as a whole. One of the reasons I quit skating

jonbronson

• Rep: -2
« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2023, 09:51:34 AM »
Idk who got robbed but I can say for sure Tyshawn committed the robbery. One day in 2018 I go online to see who won SOTY and I saw a dude I never even heard about. Looked up some clips online and saw he had a nice Ollie. This was the biggest fraud in all of skateboarding, perhaps even action sport as a whole. One of the reasons I quit skating

I don't know to what extent you're trolling, but even if it could have gone to others that year, TJ earned it. That Blessed part was nuts. At the time especially, TJ's approach was pretty original/refreshing.

Who do you think should have won it in 2018 instead?

theextrabanana

• Rep: -134
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2023, 10:55:08 AM »

This is all facts. Shane O one of the greatest to ever do it

Streebo

• Rep: -31
« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2023, 12:29:55 PM »
It’s about to be sheckler this year who’s getting robbed. If y’all easy up on him he’d have a better chance

theextrabanana

« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2023, 04:10:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't know to what extent you're trolling, but even if it could have gone to others that year, TJ earned it. That Blessed part was nuts. At the time especially, TJ's approach was pretty original/refreshing.

Who do you think should have won it in 2018 instead?

wasn’t even smith the real winner? guess that’s your answer

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 532
« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2023, 05:37:20 PM »
My friend Brian

MrDuckey

• Rep: -98
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2023, 06:34:34 AM »
It’s about to be sheckler this year who’s getting robbed. If y’all easy up on him he’d have a better chance
Yep I'm genuinely shocked the historic tricks Sheckler put down is not getting more attention. I guess we need to give Tyshawn his 3rd for popping a huge Ollie the other day

Crailslideyoface

• Rep: 43
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2023, 03:22:41 PM »
It’s crazy we live in a world where Jerry and Busenitz have never gotten SOTY
I wanna crap in a box just to mail it to you so your bitch ass can smell it

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1594
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2023, 05:55:29 PM »
NBD archive has been listing every video each year from the 80's onward if you want to cross reference it with thrasher covers to bolster any of these narratives.....

Local skater

• Rep: -28
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2023, 06:02:07 PM »
Feel like bryan herman could've won one year maybe instead of chris coles second win

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 239
  • often correct
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2023, 06:18:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yep I'm genuinely shocked the historic tricks Sheckler put down is not getting more attention. I guess we need to give Tyshawn his 3rd for popping a huge Ollie the other day

nope, not falling for this one. this thread post is clearly intended to satisfy some weird humiliation kink and i refuse to participate in that kind of perversion

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2023, 06:37:42 PM »
Tiago Lemos every year

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2023, 07:01:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

this is the best response to this question I think I've read. Shane was on fire that year and put his mark down in San Fransisco. I vividly remember all his footage that year and I rewatch those parts still. He also followed up that year by winning Tampa Pro for the first time that March.

is Shane an example of a timeless skateboarder or someone who's skateboarding is timeless? I don't see how you would be able to look back on his footage years down the road and think that its outdated or stale.

theextrabanana

« Reply #136 on: November 26, 2023, 07:49:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

this is the best response to this question I think I've read. Shane was on fire that year and put his mark down in San Fransisco. I vividly remember all his footage that year and I rewatch those parts still. He also followed up that year by winning Tampa Pro for the first time that March.

is Shane an example of a timeless skateboarder or someone who's skateboarding is timeless? I don't see how you would be able to look back on his footage years down the road and think that its outdated or stale.

His skills are pretty unreal. He does tricks fast as fuck and they look flawlessly fluid. Never seen him look awkward or off balance.  Really he has mastered skating in way I don’t think anyone else has

lurkluke

• Rep: 195
« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2023, 11:08:19 PM »
People with low post counts talking up sheckler's stream of ABDs is suss