Author Topic: Sammy Baca  (Read 16648 times)

PsychOut

Sammy Baca
« on: January 12, 2016, 03:00:19 AM »
does he even skate really? i see nothing really anymore, how does he still have a board? because he has a family?

Don't get me wrong, i've enjoyed everything he puts out, but i rarely see a thing now
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 03:22:23 AM by PsychOut »

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
Re: Sammy Baca
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 03:17:39 AM »
Only guns and wearing kids like him...

He was on the cons tour to asia late 2015, but I only seen one trick in the jenkem phone part.

Just checked the Baker catalog and he only have one board, like in the previous collections. Looks like he's gonna be the next drop by the boss

Farty McBoner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 05:40:03 AM »
He was on the baker east coast tour with the team this summer but didnt really skate at all during the demo, he just kinda stayed back and chilled. during the signing even he was just distant but still friendly to everyone that approached him

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 06:16:02 AM »
I think he lives with his family in Vegas so it's not like he's next to the industry and filming random clips.

Also, a big part of his appeal was how recklessly he skated. I saw him in person and he was crazy fast and took 3 hard slams in about 30 minutes. It certainly made me a fan but it's got to be hard to keep that up as you age.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 07:09:38 AM »
i'm still feeling him based solely on king of the road in 2010(?) and that shared part he had in some video where the kept passing a j back and forth between tricks.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 07:42:46 AM »
baker takes care of their dudes. i'm sure if he's looking to support his family and he isn't getting wrapped up in bad habits then they'll keep a board out for him until he throws in the towel.
good come sausage

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 08:53:01 AM »
That HAIR, amirite?

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2016, 09:03:41 AM »
Last time I caught a glimpse of his instagram he looked really Vato'd out and loco

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2016, 09:12:44 AM »
I kinda forgot where dude came from I think he was in Tum yeto for the begennings and Pig wood down for the pig team before baker
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

unsuperfilmer

• Rep: -1
    • I made this shit avatar image
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2016, 09:20:13 AM »
i'm still feeling him based solely on king of the road in 2010(?) and that shared part he had in some video where the kept passing a j back and forth between tricks.
Speaking of KOTR 2010, where did Angel Ramirez go? He had one random hurricane photo in Thrasher recently but no other coverage. What is he doing now?

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2016, 09:22:10 AM »
Last time I caught a glimpse of his instagram he looked really Vato'd out and loco
Definitely going with the 1980's Suicidal Tenancies vibe.  Isn't he a big part of Vol. 4?  That may be taking up some time. 

ohhgreenworld

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2016, 09:23:40 AM »
I thought Baca was in a band of some sort? That could keep him going financially.

As for Angel, I'm pretty sure he just piled out :(

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 09:57:02 AM »
Looking at his Instagram was a mistake. I never understood the Raider Nation bullshit.

Irvine-Sucks.com

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 10:03:20 AM »
I thought Baca was in a band of some sort? That could keep him going financially.

lol
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

southsecond

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2016, 11:02:26 AM »
His Instagram is like an ad for Child Protective Services.

rideflannel

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2016, 11:14:13 AM »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 11:26:40 AM »

We get it, you´re a minority...

A real question to all Americans; do people actually act and dress that way for real?

AssBandit

• Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 11:44:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

We get it, you�re a minority...

A real question to all Americans; do people actually act and dress that way for real?
mad that he dresses how he wants and is a minority? 

discuss

Xtal

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 11:51:21 AM »
Baca is one of my favorite skaters for sure, the dude shreds and has an amazing style. He's definitely all Vato'd out now, if you look at his old footage when he was a kid he dressed like a tight pants Baker boy. But it's all good, people dress how they want through all ages of life.

QUIT SINNIN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
  • PATSY
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 11:57:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Speaking of KOTR 2010, where did Angel Ramirez go? He had one random hurricane photo in Thrasher recently but no other coverage. What is he doing now?

He had a pretty solid part in last years 303 Boards (local Denver shop)) video, "Landrace". He was pretty heavily piled out for a while, but seems to be getting his shit more together as of late.

CRAILFISH TO REVERT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 11:58:29 AM »
he's on a back country fly fishing expedition with Guy.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2016, 12:16:46 PM »
Looking at his Instagram was a mistake. I never understood the Raider Nation bullshit.

growing up in LA and visiting family in oakland consistently this was just around us all the time.  Raiders always represented the streets, the grind, tough play hence "street" peoples attachment to the team. Win or Lose they'll still support. Im not sure about baca's fascination with the team tho other than image

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2016, 12:28:32 PM »
^Hey radflannel guy.  To you he's just trying to show everybody he's a "minority" cause of you're seeming white-centric mentality.  To him how he dresses and his feelings on police  is prolly influenced by his experience and his interpretation of his own roots and culture. -Good for him.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

chuck d

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2016, 12:41:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

growing up in LA and visiting family in oakland consistently this was just around us all the time.  Raiders always represented the streets, the grind, tough play hence "street" peoples attachment to the team. Win or Lose they'll still support. Im not sure about baca's fascination with the team tho other than image
All the kids I grew up around in Phoenix were Raider'd out, but they didn't follow football at all, it was just their gang's attire. Here's an article from 1991 (MC Hammer, or "The Hammer" reference included.)
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1991-02-18/sports/1991049144_1_raiders-rap-star-gang
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 12:43:31 PM by chuck d »

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2016, 12:41:54 PM »
how does one go from being a metal/rock obsessed 20 year old to full cholo gang banger? letting a 3 yr old shoot a gun...wtf

Xtal

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2016, 12:51:17 PM »
how does one go from being a metal/rock obsessed 20 year old to full cholo gang banger? letting a 3 yr old shoot a gun...wtf

Have you dressed the exact same your entire life? People change, usually their clothing style does too. Letting a child shoot a gun is safe as long as they are put through a gun safety course or taught by an adult who knows the proper way to handle a firearm.

rideflannel

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2016, 12:53:51 PM »
^Hey radflannel guy.� To you he's just trying to show everybody he's a "minority" cause of you're seeming white-centric mentality.� To him how he dresses and his feelings on police� is prolly influenced by his experience and his interpretation of his own roots and culture. -Good for him.

Wow, you are making a lot of assumptions about my post, which, to remind you was just a photo. So you really can't ascertain what I was getting at. Nice try at guessing though.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2016, 12:54:05 PM »
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2016, 12:58:11 PM »
he's on a back country fly fishing expedition with Guy.

he's so 'up river' now

wallieD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2016, 01:06:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Have you dressed the exact same your entire life? People change, usually their clothing style does too. Letting a child shoot a gun is safe as long as they are put through a gun safety course or taught by an adult who knows the proper way to handle a firearm.
it's pathetic to be an adult and choose that lifestyle....most are born into it.  say whatever you want....about a 3 yr old handling a gun, but you can't defend that shit..dumbest thing i've ever read on slap