Author Topic: Lakai MJ Mids?  (Read 1668 times)

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
Lakai MJ Mids?
« on: January 12, 2016, 07:47:00 AM »
Has anyone messed with these yet? I want to try but need something that will support my whole ankle, and I can't tell if these will just go up to the ankle or actually over it. I guess I'm just more worried about how high up they come...
good come sausage

Dengles

Re: Lakai MJ Mids?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 09:23:31 AM »
I skated the lows, they were pretty good.  Skated really well but the sole blew out way more quickly than most shoes. 

coneklr

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 02:42:00 PM »
I tried them on one day and couldn't do it, they hit my ankle in a weird spot that I knew would get f'd if I wore them.  In the shoes defense it may just be my fucked ankles

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 05:50:31 PM »
I've got some Globe motleys and they actually protected my ankle, these seem to be your standard edition chukka boot so they should do it
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 06:17:59 PM »
I don't think they are very high....

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 05:15:58 PM »
I don't think they are very high....

yeah that's what i was thinking. OH WELL ILL AWAIT THE MJ HIGH
good come sausage

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 05:35:42 PM »
I have some Lakai mid....maybe a Howard....they are lower or same as a chukka......a cab knock off is better.....

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 05:47:46 PM »
I skated the lows, they were pretty good.  Skated really well but the sole blew out way more quickly than most shoes

This. I bought a pair of Lakais after I heard they upped their quality only to get through the bottom before the tread was even gone. Sucks cause they actually skated really good, way better than the old ones

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 02:49:06 PM »
Expand Quote
I skated the lows, they were pretty good.  Skated really well but the sole blew out way more quickly than most shoes
[close]

This. I bought a pair of Lakais after I heard they upped their quality only to get through the bottom before the tread was even gone. Sucks cause they actually skated really good, way better than the old ones

^this is very weird!

on most of my shoes the sole gets bald very quick...let us say in about three weeks or something like that, but the bottom of lakais soles lasted me easily the longest. i had the marcs and skated them for over a month and the sole looked brand new on the bottom?

Dengles

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2016, 11:58:35 AM »
I had two pairs of Lakais in 2015 and both got a fairly large hole through the bottom of the sole within three weeks, but I'm also a major shoe grinder when rolling up to a trick that makes me nervous, and I've been skating some hubbas (nothing big) this year which make me nervous as hell so I've been really grinding my sole against the grip tape alot.  Lakais I've noticed blow out the sole in three weeks as opposed to vans which blow out in about 4-5 for me.  I still like Lakai and I'm sure they would be fine shoes for someone who doesn't do what I do. 

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65504
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2016, 05:13:21 AM »
I had two pairs of Lakais in 2015 and both got a fairly large hole through the bottom of the sole within three weeks, but I'm also a major shoe grinder when rolling up to a trick that makes me nervous, and I've been skating some hubbas (nothing big) this year which make me nervous as hell so I've been really grinding my sole against the grip tape alot.  Lakais I've noticed blow out the sole in three weeks as opposed to vans which blow out in about 4-5 for me.  I still like Lakai and I'm sure they would be fine shoes for someone who doesn't do what I do. 

So, you're saying Vans makes longer lasting stronger shoes than Lakai? Not the strongest endorsement I've heard.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2016, 07:51:33 AM »
I've skated a pair of the weather treated mids and a few pairs of the lows, they're great. Really, really long lasting. Something about that sole makes it last forever too, especially where you flick tricks. I honestly can't endorse them more.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

micky682

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2016, 09:26:41 AM »
Anyone skating the new Griffin sole knows how good Lakai shoes are.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 07:14:34 PM »
im thinking of getting the all weather MJ mid- i saw em for discount on a website in size 8.5. i wear a 9 for most shoes but gotta size down for cons cts's ... any idea of sizing half a size from  a 9 into 8.5 lakai's would be too small?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2016, 06:15:33 AM »
i have the MJ's and they are not that high at all. last night i took them off without untying the laces and i tend to tighten my laces a lot on these. haven't skated them yet and probably never will
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2016, 07:27:44 AM »
matchcourt mids have pretty good ankle coverage.

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1172
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2016, 08:13:07 AM »
^ ^ ^  id recommend trying them on, rather than ordering, though ^ ^ ^

the top of the mid hit me right in the worst spot on the ankle bone, and there's no padding to soften the blow.
hardly art, hardly starving